Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 479 480 481 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-02-20 15:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably being caught with Begrudging ring on.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-20 15:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
You're probably being caught with Begruding ring on.

That's totally possible, didn't even think about it, thanks!
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-02-21 03:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know of a way to stop F8/Targetnpc to not target your own trusts?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-21 08:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody have pre-made Battlemod chat filters?
I'm looking for a filter with the following setup.

Filtering EVERYTHING except:
  • System and Servmes

• "Generic" messages ("You reach floor X" or "A monster appears!"
    or "Monster dies" or capacity points gains etc)

• Actions started by me ("Sechs starts casting Thunder")

• Interrupts for me ("Sechs casting was interrupted")

• Actions performed by me ("Sechs casts Thunder on target")

• Action results on me ("Sechs receive the effect of something" or "Sechs loses the effect of something")

• Damage performed by me ("Sechs hits target for XXX damage")

• Results of actions on monsters ("Monster receive effect of something" and "Monster loses the effect of something")

• Actions started by monsters ("Monster starts something on whomever")

• Actions performed my monsters ("Monster executes something")

• Interrupts for Monsters

Basically I don't wanna see damage done (except mine) or received, and I don't wanna see what other people are doing or attempting to do, wether on themselves or others, but I do want to see if a monster (or myself!) receives or loses a debuff, if he gains or loses a buff, if he's about to perform an action etc.

Whenever I try to set these things with filters I kinda get a headache, so was wondering if there was something premade like this for Battlemod.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-02-21 08:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

pm sent
[+]
By Xilk 2017-02-22 16:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wear Foire Tobe +1/2/3 with Valoredge Head/frame or Sharpshot head/frame will they start casting magic?

nvm,
found the notes saying it only casts on harley/storm frames
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-02-23 08:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where you can pick up the Crafting Kits for skill over 50?
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-02-23 08:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »
Anyone know where you can pick up the Crafting Kits for skill over 50?

There's a new NPC in every guild. Can just buy them directly from there for set prices.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-24 03:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb-talk but I wonder how are things randomized in Sinister Reign?
We already know augments aren't random but come from a fixed table, but which specific item out of this table you get is "random".
So I'm wondering how is this exactely calculated on their server?
Is there a variable that makes things less or more likely according to, I don't know, time, day, whatever?

The other day I was running with other people and out of 10 runs 9 of them had Perfect items among the results.
Now this is rare, but not that unlikely (perf items aren't THAT rare, getting the one you want on the other hand...), but two of those runs had TWO perfect items in them.
Again, I've seen this happen before a few times, but back to back?

How statistically high are the chances of that to happen, exactely?
Really makes you wonder if it's not just a particularly rare coincidence or if their randomization function for SR uses some ambient/variables to decide the frequency of Perfect item and I happened to be during a particularly "lucky" moment on the server...
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-02-24 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I seem to be stuck in limbo as a metal slime in buburimu. I had been leveling some monstrosity monsters without issue, today I did metal slime 1-15, than went to buburimu and crashed as soon as I left gestation. Kept logging in and it happened over and over again, happens in ashita as well as vanilla client. Tried file check/file repair and still crashing.

I'm not sure how to fix this, or if there's even a way to leave buburimu/monstrosity without exiting gestation and crashing. Any ideas?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-02-24 14:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try having a GM warp you back to your hp? Even if you're technically untargetable until you leave gestation, I'm sure they have ways that bypass that. Only issue will be finding someone to submit the GM request on your behalf, since you probably can't stay logged in long enough to do so. Then just log back in once your friend gets in touch with a GM and see if they can find you in time to warp u out.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-02-28 14:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for a noob question. I've been gone some time now, I have been wanting to reactivate soon but wanted to wait for a good Ambuscade set, or May at the latest.
I forget what my current Black Mage gear is like but how useful is this months set in the long run compared too other options? Also if anyone remembers about how much longer do I have to collect this set if I do activate for it.
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-03-01 11:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
Time for a noob question. I've been gone some time now, I have been wanting to reactivate soon but wanted to wait for a good Ambuscade set, or May at the latest.
I forget what my current Black Mage gear is like but how useful is this months set in the long run compared too other options? Also if anyone remembers about how much longer do I have to collect this set if I do activate for it.

You have until the update to collect ambuscade points to trade in for this round's gear. They say it will be "early March" with no set date yet, but the doll festival ends on the 13th and the new campaigns start on the 11th, so my guess is somewhere around then.

This month's mage gear is mostly good for its elemental spell cast time reduction and +mdmg, and while it has good macc, it really suffers in terms of low mab. The best blm use might be for spamming low tier nukes, where the +mdmg stat would be most useful. Depending on when you last played, if you have any merlinic gear, that can get much better mab stats through augments than this set.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2017-03-01 13:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »
Shiva.Jirachi said: »

You have until the update to collect ambuscade points to trade in for this round's gear. They say it will be "early March" with no set date yet, but the doll festival ends on the 13th and the new campaigns start on the 11th, so my guess is somewhere around then.

This month's mage gear is mostly good for its elemental spell cast time reduction and +mdmg, and while it has good macc, it really suffers in terms of low mab. The best blm use might be for spamming low tier nukes, where the +mdmg stat would be most useful. Depending on when you last played, if you have any merlinic gear, that can get much better mab stats through augments than this set.
Thank you, I don't believe I had any of that set. I honestly think I was still some of the Skirmish+1 gear.
I'll highly consider reactivating soon too snag some of the gear before the next update, then I won't be *as* gimp.
 Lakshmi.Chimeran
user: chimeran
By Lakshmi.Chimeran 2017-03-03 06:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having problems harvesting in my mog house. The moogle says it's ready to be picked, the crop is glowing like it's ready to be picked. My inventory isn't full and the pots are in my mog safe on the first floor. And I'm trying to harvest from my mog house in my home nation.

When I try to harvest it keeps saying "can't pick anything right now, kupo"

Any ideas??
By FaeQueenCory 2017-03-03 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chimeran said: »
I'm having problems harvesting in my mog house. The moogle says it's ready to be picked, the crop is glowing like it's ready to be picked. My inventory isn't full and the pots are in my mog safe on the first floor. And I'm trying to harvest from my mog house in my home nation.

Any ideas??
Harvested stuff goes into your safe. If your safe is full... that's likely your issue.
 Lakshmi.Chimeran
user: chimeran
By Lakshmi.Chimeran 2017-03-03 07:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Lakshmi.Chimeran said: »

Any ideas??
Harvested stuff goes into your safe. If your safe is full... that's likely your issue.

YES! That's it! It used to go in inventory. OK, thanks so much!!
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2017-03-04 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Following on from a dumb loss on Glassy Gorger earlier on, where we repeatedly told a BLU to remove their buffs, can someone answer this question for them please? They want to know if Mighty Guard is a buff.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-04 14:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is you need a better BLU
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-04 14:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
They want to know if Mighty Guard is a buff.

lol?
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-03-04 20:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When fighting WoC what will help with the long duration stuns from impact stream? Our geo buffs did not seem to help at all. Is a runefencer needed for pflug earth runes? Thankyou
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-04 20:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

barthundra, soul voice lightning carolx2, attune, vex
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-03-05 04:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
When fighting WoC what will help with the long duration stuns from impact stream? Our geo buffs did not seem to help at all. Is a runefencer needed for pflug earth runes? Thankyou

Onca suit!
By Staleyx 2017-03-05 08:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankyou will incorporate those buffs. Never knew onca had so much lol, thats the secret!
 Ragnarok.Valauge
Server: Ragnarok
user: Valauge
By Ragnarok.Valauge 2017-03-06 20:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having issues with my display driver crashing when playing FFXI. It happens more often when multiboxing, but it can happen even with just one client running. I have graphics stabalization on, and I'm using the latest nvidia drivers, I just can't figure out what the cause is. It seems to have gotten worse over time, used to only happen after several hours playing, but can now happen just after a few minutes. Anything I can do?

relevent info: Windows 7 SP2, i5 2500k @4.2ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 770
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-06 22:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Turning off shadows, turning off weather effects, turning on graphics stabilization all help. Nothing stops it completely, driver issue with most recent nvidia cards. If the only acceptable state is no crashes, you probably need to get an AMD card. Been reported to nvidia and SE for years, they don't seem to care.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Valauge
Server: Ragnarok
user: Valauge
By Ragnarok.Valauge 2017-03-07 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Turning off shadows, turning off weather effects, turning on graphics stabilization all help. Nothing stops it completely, driver issue with most recent nvidia cards. If the only acceptable state is no crashes, you probably need to get an AMD card. Been reported to nvidia and SE for years, they don't seem to care.
I had done these things previously and they haven't helped. But I did manage to fix my issue and wanted to share it in case anyone else is having the same problem. I unloaded guildwork from my main character and now I am much more stable. I've had two character online now for over 15 hours. I'm not saying it's gonna fix everyones problems with it, but if it's something you haven't done before maybe give it a try.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-07 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say without a doubt that it's not in any way related to guildwork. From what I could tell attempting to debug it, something causes GPU to max out it's resources and it goes nonresponsive long enough to cause a TDR. Weather/etc probably aren't addressing the cause, but may reduce the stress enough to prevent some occurances. It also seems to happen less with higher end cards, presumably for the same reason.

Guildwork almost certainly doesn't use any gpu resources, so any benefits gained by unloading it are just confirmation bias.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-03-07 16:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked into timers settings but I haven't found anything like this, is there any way to differentiate buffs cast on myself and others?

I want to keep the timers for buffs I cast on other people where I have them, but if I cast lets say haste or regen on myself, I'd like it not to show up on the timer's addon, as my buffs in the top left will have the time.
First Page 2 3 ... 479 480 481 ... 834 835 836