Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 478 479 480 ... 831 832 833
By Pantafernando 2017-02-05 02:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the requirement is to do a 6 step, and doesnt matter what means, so if you can make it with drk, i dont see why plouton wont pop.

About kunwu, im not sure what good recupe uses that, but ffxidb and wikia, as well personal experience says you can get it from ouryu battlefield.
By veddertehtaco 2017-02-05 12:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I remember the bcnm but I had read on it's post here that it was now mineable just curious how easily it was mined. Need it for plastron >> cursed >> (hopefully) hq emicho body.

Does it come from mog garden does anyone know?
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-02-06 18:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a plugin or something that can tell you which assault quests you have done or a checklist online i could use?
By cuddlyhamster 2017-02-06 18:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Menu > Missions > Assaults
should tell you which ones you have done
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-06 19:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
is there a plugin or something that can tell you which assault quests you have done or a checklist online i could use?

As for a checklist, this site has one built in for each character but it's attached to your rank and some people don't like it.

FFXI Calculator has one built in (Battle Events tab >> Assault sub-tab >> Missions sub-sub-tab.

...Tabception
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-02-06 20:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info.

Also I've looked for this but been unable to find out the information.

Currently FFXI lists crystals and survival guides, maps etc in a friendly in your face type of way. If I update to vision maps. Will I lose this feature?
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2017-02-07 12:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In BRII, is there always a Job Abilities unlock at the beginning?

I went in last night on BLU x2 and on the first run I felt there wasn't a JA on the list (Maybe I just didn't see it...derp).

Also, How do you guys survive as Blu/thf? I went west path and wasn't able to kill the mobs before dying because of the lack of mp for magic fruit (Maybe i need to get magic hammer? I also didn't have JA so wasn't able to hp drain WS).

Any tips will be appreciated.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-07 12:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting unlocks in BR2 (all Salvage 99 iirc?) always adhere to the following pattern:

-2x weapon + 1 random equipment unlock (can also be a weapon unlock)
-1x subjob, ability, magic + 1 random additional unlock
-2x stat unlocks + 1 of either HP or MP

Mighty Guard's regen should be more than enough to cover any damage you take, allowing you to forego both Magic Fruit and Sanguine Blade. Don't see much need for Magic Hammer either.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-02-07 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
In BRII, is there always a Job Abilities unlock at the beginning?

I went in last night on BLU x2 and on the first run I felt there wasn't a JA on the list (Maybe I just didn't see it...derp).

Also, How do you guys survive as Blu/thf? I went west path and wasn't able to kill the mobs before dying because of the lack of mp for magic fruit (Maybe i need to get magic hammer? I also didn't have JA so wasn't able to hp drain WS).

Any tips will be appreciated.

There is always one JA unlock at the first lamp.

regeneration or the regen from mighty guard is all you need to survive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2017-02-07 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang I just derped then lol. Thanks for MG tip guys. Will have to go and visit Shinryu.
 Lakshmi.Rumorian
user: Rumo
By Lakshmi.Rumorian 2017-02-08 19:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently FFXI lists crystals and survival guides, maps etc in a friendly in your face type of way. If I update to vision maps. Will I lose this feature?

No, they will still be there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-02-09 04:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rumorian said: »

No, they will still be there.

Thanks! I'll update the maps tonight :)
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-02-10 14:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone been having problem with time outs lately?

I tend to have multiple characters logged in and I will have time outs but only in one zone. All characters who are in Norg, for example, will disconnect but no one who is not in Norg. I am not losing internet connectivity.

Any solution for this? It's really becoming a problem when I DC mid-Omen run.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-13 09:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows if BLU reforged empy body (Hashishin Mintan +1) goes above FC cap? I thought that all these specific FC buffs didn't go above cap but recently people discovered that the SCH grimoire one does so just trying to make the ideal BLU FC set
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-16 04:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With the Abyssea campaign ongoing and all lights but Amber being capped, what level of amber lights should I aim for to get KIs in Misareaux?

Also, which monsters to AoE to farm Amber, and which monsters to AoE once I'm done with that and I don't wanna raise it further?

Thanks!
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-02-16 04:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Anybody knows if BLU reforged empy body (Hashishin Mintan +1) goes above FC cap? I thought that all these specific FC buffs didn't go above cap but recently people discovered that the SCH grimoire one does so just trying to make the ideal BLU FC set

It doesn't. The hands don't break the recast floor either.
[+]
By Davorin 2017-02-16 17:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
With the Abyssea campaign ongoing and all lights but Amber being capped, what level of amber lights should I aim for to get KIs in Misareaux?

Also, which monsters to AoE to farm Amber, and which monsters to AoE once I'm done with that and I don't wanna raise it further?

Thanks!

Easiest way to farm amber is from the roaming avatars in the zones, and Jala (Leviathan) is in Misareaux. The second half of this page, http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Visitant_Lights has some tables detailing which monsters are capable of giving each light, and some values, from each of the zones.

I think I had the most success farming KIs by capping amber and pearlescent, but it's been a while.
[+]
By Zephin 2017-02-16 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Thanks!

Easiest way to farm amber is from the roaming avatars in the zones, and Jala (Leviathan) is in Misareaux. The second half of this page, http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Visitant_Lights has some tables detailing which monsters are capable of giving each light, and some values, from each of the zones.

I think I had the most success farming KIs by capping amber and pearlescent, but it's been a while.

Capped amber is good for KI's.
Limited amber about 100, is good for items, 120 amber will start giving KI.
Cleaving for amber light won't help, you only receive light for the mob you have claimed. Lizards, peiste work for amber, can just kill one at a time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-16 19:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

bugards give double amber
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-02-16 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

According to a Byrth reddit post from about 11 months back, elemental damage reduction was proportional based on the amount of damage dealt by the previous nukes.

Someone told me today that Byrth revised that view and said it was strictly based on the number of previous nukes of that element and made a chart, does anyone know about this or have a post to the new chart?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-17 05:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a few questions about Elemental Debuffs

1) Given how they cap damage at 150, it's useless to aim for midcast sets focusing on INT, any 99 player gonna autocap them with the current gear we have. Correct?

2) It's considered an enfeeble, but it's technically elemental magic, so gear with Enfskill+ should make no difference at all

3) Can these be resisted? Or do they 100% land like Dia?

4) Considering how these have no initial damage when you land them, gear with mab or mdmg should have no influence at all, right?

Considering these points and supposing the answer to 3) is "yes", then one should midcast these with a set focusing exclusively on macc (and ele skill), right?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-02-17 07:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

1) The damage/tick and the stat reduction cap if the caster has 150+ INT. But yes, you autocap with current gear.

2) Enfeebling skill has no effect indeed.

3) They can be resisted. Try burn on maju or rasp on Genbu etc..
Also, opposite element replace each other.
Burn replace frost. But you'll get "no effect" if you burn then drawn.
Non-opposite elements will stack.

4) Right. Macc and elemental skill to avoid resists and you're good to go.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-17 09:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »
According to a Byrth reddit post from about 11 months back, elemental damage reduction was proportional based on the amount of damage dealt by the previous nukes.

Someone told me today that Byrth revised that view and said it was strictly based on the number of previous nukes of that element and made a chart, does anyone know about this or have a post to the new chart?
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44864/all-for-one-and-more-for-me-a-guide-to-red-mage/17/#3007782

Testing I did on it a while back indicated it was only based on damage. Never did follow up on something higher, though.
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-02-17 17:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, with the current event, +2 stuff is dropping from battlefields.

Is it better to farm from there, and if so, is there a specific one that drops it more, or is it better to do the Abyssea nms anyway, or is there a better way to farm them that I'm unaware of? Thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-17 17:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, it's faster to get the extra 5 chapters and skip the +2
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-02-17 17:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
if any of your jobs need the feet ***he drops three of, easier to just quit the game or use a different NM

Best answer. :P
Also, thanks guys.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-18 06:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
honestly, it's faster to get the extra 5 chapters and skip the +2
I recently did 5/5 AF3 for RDM and I skipped the +2 as well.
1-5 Chapters are so easy to farm these days.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-20 15:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if something changed or always been like that but been wiping to Selkit today due to hell scissor dealing more hp than my max (2.3k when I have 2.2k on BLU). I have soloed it with trusts countless times and never had issues. Anybody knows what triggers more damage than usual?
First Page 2 3 ... 478 479 480 ... 831 832 833