Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 475 476 477 ... 836 837 838
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-08 14:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you lose log in points after the log in event, or can you stack them forever?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-08 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-08 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i missed that completely. Much thanks
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2017-01-08 16:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about Ebisu +1, but does the server ID and the obtained number stay if someone server hops?

I'm on Lakshmi right now, and considering doing it before jumping to Asura, but was wondering if it would always say "Lakshmi #xxx" or switch to "Asura #xxx"
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-09 02:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody knows the caps of Enfeebling Skill and Macc+ on Grioavolr? Excluding Dark Matter.

In a few hundred stones I managed to get Enf+16 and Macc+25.
Is Enf cap really 16? And macc cap 30?
Small bump!
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-01-09 02:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows the caps of Enfeebling Skill and Macc+ on Grioavolr? Excluding Dark Matter.

In a few hundred stones I managed to get Enf+16 and Macc+25.
Is Enf cap really 16? And macc cap 30?
Small bump!

Yes. You're kinda lucky.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-09 03:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference towards other staves is kinda small though...
Let's take Oranyan for example.
With my current augments and assuming 1 skill = 1 macc, I'm only ~10 above it. Actually a bit less when you factor INT/MND.
I mean with such a "small" difference and so many items to augment, if I had an Oranyan (or compareable staff) already I'd probably set enfeebling grio as a low priority honestly.

I guess the key factor for enf Grio, more than just the rough macc, is the enf skill which affects the potency of some spells.
Which ones though? I only know about Frazzle/Distract/Addle
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-09 04:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, if not the right place for this then please advise.

I keep reading for example, with impetus up i have this gearset on and with down i have this set.

Question is, does gearswap recognise when it's up and or down and switch on the fly or do i manually trigger the set by way of command and or action?

Secondly, I'm reading Howling fist is the superior WS now. With that said the Tripsania i think it's called. is it better to go Option A (STR) or option B (DEX+ACC)? Also, how's it fair once fully modded with other weapons?

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-09 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to deal with weird controller issues, but there is one i just can't seem to fix. I'm using an Xbox elite controller, even using Xpadder, the triggers just refuse to work. I can't use macros due to this. Is there a work around for this? I could put them on the shoulder buttons, but that just feels wrong. Also why does Xinput just completely break the settings?
By Pantafernando 2017-01-09 20:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

When doing high tier battlefield (ouryu for example) i noticed that magic burst strat dont work too well. The same party/buff that can deal like 30k+ on 130 mobs like SR, pakecet, it barely breaks 10k on ouryu or omega VD. So, my question is whats the deal with those mobs, if some native mdt.

Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-09 21:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
I've been trying to deal with weird controller issues, but there is one i just can't seem to fix. I'm using an Xbox elite controller, even using Xpadder, the triggers just refuse to work. I can't use macros due to this. Is there a work around for this? I could put them on the shoulder buttons, but that just feels wrong. Also why does Xinput just completely break the settings?

Did you go into you native FFXI controller setting and activate the triggers? SE didn't add trigger use until somewhat recently. Before then, you needed an unsigned, third party driver.
By abknight 2017-01-09 23:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD vs GEO for lowman content. Assuming all REM are available, which is more useful to a trio of players plus trusts?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-10 00:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-10 02:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »

I found nothing worked for me. Triggers and D-Pad just simply wouldnt work. That is until i found a post (very old one actually) that told me if using a XBOX ONE or Elite controller. On the bottom right of the FFXI config (controller set up) select CONFIGURATION D. THis fixed everything for me and im using XINPUT also.

Remember CONFIGURATION D

Hope this help!
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-10 03:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all

so my melee set reads:
sets.engaged
sets.engaged.SomeAcc
sets.engaged.Acc

As a controller player, how do i get these working as a macro? Currently, they are bound to:
F9 for DPS
F10 for PDT
F11 for MDT

However, I'm unsure how i can bind this to a macro. Would the following work?

/autoexec sets.engaged

at work so unable to test. But nothing i input would change this. Was very frustrating last night to say the least....
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-10 03:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the Dpad to work just fine. Ill try the option D thing
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2017-01-10 05:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Hey all

so my melee set reads:
sets.engaged
sets.engaged.SomeAcc
sets.engaged.Acc

As a controller player, how do i get these working as a macro? Currently, they are bound to:
F9 for DPS
F10 for PDT
F11 for MDT

However, I'm unsure how i can bind this to a macro. Would the following work?

/autoexec sets.engaged

at work so unable to test. But nothing i input would change this. Was very frustrating last night to say the least....

If I remember right it's /console gs equip sets.engaged.Acc for example.
Could probably have the 3 lines for each set on one macro to toggle like keyboard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-10 05:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried that says command not available

Will try again and see
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-10 06:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

does "Cure" potency affect waltzes?
By Pantafernando 2017-01-10 07:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
does "Cure" potency affect waltzes?

No, but you have plenty options of waltz potency available.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-10 10:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely recall that "Sword enhancement spell damage +" does not affect the enspell damage from Runes.
But I can't find a verification. Anyone remember/know?
By hobo 2017-01-10 11:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Hey all, if not the right place for this then please advise.

I keep reading for example, with impetus up i have this gearset on and with down i have this set.

Question is, does gearswap recognise when it's up and or down and switch on the fly or do i manually trigger the set by way of command and or action?

Gearswap can recognize when the buff is active and when its not. If you want to do more complicated stuff like swapping bodies when you miss then you need a complex formula which was posted a few pages ago in the monk forums
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-01-10 11:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference towards other staves is kinda small though...
Let's take Oranyan for example.
With my current augments and assuming 1 skill = 1 macc, I'm only ~10 above it. Actually a bit less when you factor INT/MND.
I mean with such a "small" difference and so many items to augment, if I had an Oranyan (or compareable staff) already I'd probably set enfeebling grio as a low priority honestly.

I guess the key factor for enf Grio, more than just the rough macc, is the enf skill which affects the potency of some spells.

The dot of Poison is affected by skill.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-01-13 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unable to load game completely after game crashed while home pointing. Been trying to login for 15-20 minutes and it crashes on the final loading screen every time. Tried loading in both Windower and vanilla POL, not working. Submitted a GM request on other char but have a feeling that's not gonna be very quick.. any ideas on how to possible fix this?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-13 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Addle is just MND.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-01-13 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware enfeebling skill affects the potency on any enfeebs besides Poison. I believe only MND/INT affects potency.

BGWiki page for Distract says it's a flat eva-35. For Distract II, it says it's based on dMND similar to Paralyze's potency.

Edit: Ok the BGWiki for Distract III does say enfeebling skill is a component. So I don't know what to make of this, all 3 are different.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-13 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Distract and Frazzle both are. I think the caps for I/II are just so low that they cannot be easily tested (and are therefore not very important).
By Selindrile 2017-01-13 13:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a timing chart for capacity chains?
Like what is the maximum allowable time between kills to maintain capacity chain depending on how high the chain is currently.

I've looked around quite a bit and can't find one, only found one for experience chains and it was super old.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-13 14:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Does anyone have a timing chart for capacity chains?
Like what is the maximum allowable time between kills to maintain capacity chain depending on how high the chain is currently.

I've looked around quite a bit and can't find one, only found one for experience chains and it was super old.
It varies based on the level of monsters, I believe byrth posted it at some point.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-13 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All i will say is eyeballing. I think it decreases to close to 30 secs per kill. But it seems to decrease later as the mob increase the ilv. For example, the same killspeed a little higher than 30 secs between kill will go to chain ~26 (?) in Sih gates, chain ~30 in Dho gates and chain ~32 in Woh Gates. After that point, you need to be below 30 secs imo.

Ive been cping this week in Dho gates. My killspeed seems a bit higher than 30 secs overall, but if everything goes well, i can make below 30 secs. Normally my chain breaks around 32, but yesterday i managed to kill constantly below 30 secs (eyeballing again), and managed to go up to chain ~50. So, i think after some point it doesnt decrease much, if at all. Later gonna cp again, gonna try to get more precise numbers.
First Page 2 3 ... 475 476 477 ... 836 837 838