Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 474 475 476 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-04 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure 4% is Fern only. Off-path just means that it's rarer and can be on any augment path (magic/melee/whatever).
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 13:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Seems that just going for Skirmish gear +1 with the campaign going is a quicker way to get 4% DT over spamming stones on hopes and dreams
By Boshi 2017-01-04 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fern cap is 4 on DT, 5 on pdt and mdt while the other 2 stones are 3, then 4 & 4.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2017-01-05 07:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, quick QQ. I currently have the following jobs:

THF other than a 99 mandau which is dated (worth finishing?) gear is pre iLv.
MNK has some ilv gear (119 relic body and hands)
WHM no new gear but was capped at curepot before the iLv. came in so i'm expecting it to be semi OK

However i tend to prefer playing DPS. I'm told MNK is not in a good place and from what i reading THF unless extremely well geared is not an option either? Is this pretty much the attitude these days?

I looked at BLU and that also needs you to be min maxed to make it worthwhile. Is BLM/BST really the only option these days?
By Pantafernando 2017-01-05 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Hey guys, quick QQ. I currently have the following jobs:

THF other than a 99 mandau which is dated (worth finishing?) gear is pre iLv.
MNK has some ilv gear (119 relic body and hands)
WHM no new gear but was capped at curepot before the iLv. came in so i'm expecting it to be semi OK

However i tend to prefer playing DPS. I'm told MNK is not in a good place and from what i reading THF unless extremely well geared is not an option either? Is this pretty much the attitude these days?

I looked at BLU and that also needs you to be min maxed to make it worthwhile. Is BLM/BST really the only option these days?

Well, your post is too vague for any good answer tbf.

Are you refering to pugs? Or to ls parties? Are you thinking in ambuscade regular? Or building an aeonic?

Diferent events have different gear requirements. Diferent parties have different standarts.

Its enough to say that any dps is dependent on gear and job points. For anything hard, better its expected to be your gear, and thats not related to mnk, thf, blu, etc. you can be an abyssea geared blu or blm, you wont go further than struggling with 119 content.

Now if youre looking to strategies, the most common are dps based on blm or sch, or blu if melee. Only job i can think you really need the lesser effort to be invited to moderatelly hard content is geo. So, thats the first option.
 Siren.Distrusive
By Siren.Distrusive 2017-01-05 23:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Real dumb question, but does anyone know the command for gearswap that shows in the chat log what gear is actively being switched out and equipped? I cannot remember what it was, and for some reason I'm having trouble finding it as well...
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-05 23:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs showswaps?
 Siren.Distrusive
By Siren.Distrusive 2017-01-05 23:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much!!
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-06 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the last time Amchuchu's Trust was obtainable? I keep hoping to see her listed in each month's login campaign list of rewards since returning but no luck so far :( The Alter Ego Extravaganza got me excited too but was sad to see it's a lot of ones I already have or don't look that useful.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-06 16:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
When was the last time Amchuchu's Trust was obtainable? I keep hoping to see her listed in each month's login campaign list of rewards since returning but no luck so far :( The Alter Ego Extravaganza got me excited too but was sad to see it's a lot of ones I already have or don't look that useful.

Its was either spring or autummn campaign. As we are just got to summer/winter, at least more 3 months i think.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-06 16:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Its was either spring or autummn campaign. As we are just got to summer/winter, at least more 3 months i think.
Drat, but thank you for the answer. :( Recently been trying Escha NMs with my friend and it seems like Amchuchu would be very nice to have for some of these nuke-heavy NMs but perhaps we'll have to come up with alternative strategies in the meantime.

Ark Angel EV at least seems to handle physical damage fairly well, with some exceptions. We haven't tried Sinister Reign yet so no August either but maybe we should try soon.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-01-06 17:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having a bit of an issue and since the GM team was of no help, I'll ask here in case I am truly missing something. I went to trade my hands for +3 Wakido, traded hands and cards. Waited the time frame also traded max beads to get back. I am currently stuck as the goblin will not take the 3 separate items and already deducted 30k beads.

Am I missing anything a step something, since FYI if you keep clicking it will ask if you want to stop reforging eventually.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-01-06 18:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

not FFXI RELATED AT ALL but *** :(
Bring the legend back please T.T
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-06 18:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna go on a limb and assume one of your mats is wrong, like the difference between Faulpie Leather and S. Faulpie Leather.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-01-06 18:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Gonna go on a limb and assume one of your mats is wrong, like the difference between Faulpie Leather and S. Faulpie Leather.

Always simple things thanks a ton!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-01-06 18:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have anything with bg so ill post it here. Two things that are bothering me. I noticed as i was going through spells the other day.

1. There Rdm page does not have protect 5 listed on there spell list.

2. The wind aeo spells on Geo are listed and likened as Aera (lv35), Aera II (lv80) and Aerora III (job point). And they are all backwards. In game they are listed as Aerora, Aerora II, and Aera III.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-06 19:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if "Save TP" in sub and/or ranged / ammo slots contribute to main weapon's weapons skill? What about the other way around? if Save TP is on main and/or sub is it counted for a ranged WS? Thank you.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-06 20:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Should count in any slot all the time. Can off-hand a Homestead weapon in Reives and enjoy 500 TP after every WS with Ionis, and I'm pretty sure the Delve GK with Apex Arrow was a thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-06 20:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
2. The wind aeo spells on Geo are listed and likened as Aera (lv35), Aera II (lv80) and Aerora III (job point). And they are all backwards. In game they are listed as Aerora, Aerora II, and Aera III.
The spell menu lists them as Aera I/II/III. Only the scrolls for the T1/2 spells use the spelling Aerora. BGwiki has active pages for both spellings, though the Aera pages don't have a working scroll link and the suggested spell macros on the Aerora pages don't work since the game doesn't actually accept that spelling.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-06 20:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Should count in any slot all the time. Can off-hand a Homestead weapon in Reives and enjoy 500 TP after every WS with Ionis, and I'm pretty sure the Delve GK with Apex Arrow was a thing.

Thank you Braden : )
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-07 04:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming gold boxes in La Theine, best way to do this as BLU? Do I just build amber and find a good place to AoE spell? What mobs are best for amber build/AoE kill?

Another Question: How do I keep it from "Locking" my target when I engage? I press *, but it only lasts for one fight, then relocks on the next fight :/
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-07 05:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Another Question: How do I keep it from "Locking" my target when I engage? I press *, but it only lasts for one fight, then relocks on the next fight :/
Config > Gameplay > Turn "Controls: Auto-target during battle" at the top to off.

Not to be confused with the /autotarget command, which engages you to a new target if you defeat an enemy and another is in your line of sight.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-07 05:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming gold boxes in La Theine, best way to do this as BLU? Do I just build amber and find a good place to AoE spell? What mobs are best for amber build/AoE kill?

Aby la theine lights are the same to all mobs, so dont matter much. The mobs that gives more arent worth the effort to go out of your way to get them.

I would recomend farming a bit of pearlescent before cleaving. I think pearl are garanted from VNM and gives high amount but idr.

I remember getting most of gold boxes back from worms parties. And still i think viable doing that as they are close to each other, just needing to use blm and againg them. Another good option are the puks, as they are close to each other and aggro by sound.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-07 05:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Config > Gameplay > Turn "Controls: Auto-target during battle" at the top to off.

Not to be confused with the /autotarget command, which engages you to a new target if you defeat an enemy and another is in your line of sight.

Thanks, I think I used the text command and kept getting frustrated last time I tried to fix this.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-07 05:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Aby la theine lights are the same to all mobs, so dont matter much. The mobs that gives more arent worth the effort to go out of your way to get them.

I would recomend farming a bit of pearlescent before cleaving. I think pearl are garanted from VNM and gives high amount but idr.

I remember getting most of gold boxes back from worms parties. And still i think viable doing that as they are close to each other, just needing to use blm and againg them. Another good option are the puks, as they are close to each other and aggro by sound.

Thanks, went to worms to start since it was a familiar camp for me, but will probably change to some groupable mob like the puks that you mention to cleave once my lights are good.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-07 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do current ranged spreadsheets take distance correction into account in any way, beyond just True Shot? I looked through them and I couldn't find anything, but I may have just overlooked something.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-07 14:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows the caps of Enfeebling Skill and Macc+ on Grioavolr? Excluding Dark Matter.
Since I don't need it anymore for Enha Duration, I tried to repurpose it into an enfeebling magic staff.

In a few hundred stones I managed to get Enf+16 and Macc+25.
Is Enf cap really 16? And macc cap 30?
By Antisense 2017-01-07 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you not need enhancing duration anymore? Is there a cap on that?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-07 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably got the Omen shield.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-07 14:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
Why would you not need enhancing duration anymore? Is there a cap on that?
I got me an Oranyan, can't use that and Grioavolr at the same time.
First Page 2 3 ... 474 475 476 ... 834 835 836