Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 468 469 470 ... 834 835 836
By Verda 2016-11-25 17:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find the post, but I remember people saying that some of the HQ abjuration stats didn't match the help text, specifically after they adjusted them. If I remember correctly the listed values are actually lower than they should be, someone did a post about it listing the accuracy from actually equipping vs the armor itself. Does anyone know where that post is or have the armor sets it is known for and their numbers? Thank you.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-25 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They're noted on the Nolan page. Dunno if there's more than what's listed.

[+]
By Verda 2016-11-25 17:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks :)

Edit: Going by this post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49425-Dec-10-2015-(JST)-Version-Update

I only checked Adhemar, Apogee and Almaric but I did find one more:
Amalric Nails +1
Magic Damage+20, not +11 as listed
MDB is 6, not 20

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-11-25 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Organizer's freeze command should give you something close to what you want
 Asura.Madotsukii
Server: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-11-28 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a dumb question but is there more than one way to move a GEO's Luopan (alternatively, is there any settings that would prevent standard control movement?)? I was attempting to try it out last night with CTRL or ALT + Arrow Keys but wasn't seeing the Luopan move at all, even with targeting it. Pretty sure I have my Keyboard setting set to "Full" as well.
By Shazu 2016-11-28 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get started on trial 156, which requires a Clear Abyssite. When I talk to Assai Nybaem he says I already have one, but I don't.

I have a brown abyssite. Is there a conflict between these two?

How do I get rid of the brown so I can go back to clear?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-11-28 13:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shazu said: »
I'm trying to get started on trial 156, which requires a Clear Abyssite. When I talk to Assai Nybaem he says I already have one, but I don't.

I have a brown abyssite. Is there a conflict between these two?

How do I get rid of the brown so I can go back to clear?

Go and pop the NM.
 Odin.Gimpers
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-11-28 14:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the brown abyssite won't affect your ability to get another clear abyssite. Are you sure you don't have one already? What happens when you go to an area and try to pop a T1?
By Shazu 2016-11-28 22:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Having the brown abyssite won't affect your ability to get another clear abyssite. Are you sure you don't have one already? What happens when you go to an area and try to pop a T1?

yeah, you're right. I already had a clear. derp
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-29 01:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Probably a dumb question but is there more than one way to move a GEO's Luopan (alternatively, is there any settings that would prevent standard control movement?)? I was attempting to try it out last night with CTRL or ALT + Arrow Keys but wasn't seeing the Luopan move at all, even with targeting it. Pretty sure I have my Keyboard setting set to "Full" as well.
There's no way to move an existing luopan, sadly. But you can target a luopan at a point on the ground rather than casting it directly on a player/mob.

iirc, you hold ctrl/alt(or R2/L2 for controller) while you have the subtarget cursor for casting the spell up, then use the arrow keys(or controller digital pad.) Key point, this doesn't seem to work when using an <st > macro right now. You have to cast from the spell menu. Note that I play using controller, so my keyboard commands may or may not be accurate.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-29 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Which sword really works out to the best pure DPS on high evasion targets, Demersal Degen+1 or Tanmogayi+1, and by how much does the other win?

Im trying to figure out what the best sword is for my paladin when I already have DT capped regardless of my weapon, so I just want the best damage I can get.

Degen is lower damage but that 40% OAT looks like it makes it the highest DPS sword that isn't a RME, but it doesnt have any accuracy at all.

It looks like Degen+1 works out to raw DPS of 4239 dps after factoring in OAT(On par with a non-aftermath RME),whereas Tanmogayi+1 only has 3793 DPS but Acc+36 and Crit+4.

Demersal Degen is also soloable, unlike Tanmogayi, which is a big plus.

Thoughts?
[+]
By geigei 2016-11-29 02:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hint for you: the one with acc and more base dmg.
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-11-29 02:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
There's no way to move an existing luopan, sadly. But you can target a luopan at a point on the ground rather than casting it directly on a player/mob.
Aha, that is where my misunderstanding was! Thank you for clearing that up!
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-29 03:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just editted the DPS spreadsheet to check it out, and it seems like once you cap acc demersal pulls ahead, and it ends up actually being Firangi that pulls out ahead.

If you arent capping acc though, then Tanmogyi and Flyssa+1 pull out ahead (they are pretty much on par with each other it looks like)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-11-29 09:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a way to add a line permanently to your config in windower from within the client?

say:

//statustimer setposy 75

?
By Bahadir 2016-11-29 12:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you use trusts for the Pirate's Chart Quest?
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2016-11-29 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Isn't there a way to add a line permanently to your config in windower from within the client?

say:

//statustimer setposy 75

?
Put it in your init.txt, but without the //
 Asura.Tigredor
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2016-11-29 18:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
Which sword really works out to the best pure DPS on high evasion targets, Demersal Degen+1 or Tanmogayi+1, and by how much does the other win?

Im trying to figure out what the best sword is for my paladin when I already have DT capped regardless of my weapon, so I just want the best damage I can get.

Degen is lower damage but that 40% OAT looks like it makes it the highest DPS sword that isn't a RME, but it doesnt have any accuracy at all.

It looks like Degen+1 works out to raw DPS of 4239 dps after factoring in OAT(On par with a non-aftermath RME),whereas Tanmogayi+1 only has 3793 DPS but Acc+36 and Crit+4.

Demersal Degen is also soloable, unlike Tanmogayi, which is a big plus.

Thoughts?

Soloable on what job/s? Any particular strat?
By Jetackuu 2016-11-29 18:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Subadai said: »
Jetackuu said: »

say:

//statustimer setposy 75

?
Put it in your init.txt, but without the //

Not really what I was looking for, but thanks, I'll just do that now that I'm home.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-29 20:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tigredor said: »
Soloable on what job/s? Any particular strat?

I have just been tanking it on Ochain Pld, seems to get by fine. I use all ranged trusts that dont get hit by the AoE and I can actually solo light skillchains due to the TP spam Im getting from blocking the three monster's insane high attac speed.

Works pretty well.
[+]
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-11-30 04:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting in the name of science, does anyone know any Sea zone with more sharks? So far I've been using the central one, and they are quite sporadic.

Do Escha ones even work?
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-11-30 05:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taruranto said: »
Starting in the name of science, does anyone know any Sea zone with more sharks? So far I've been using the central one, and they are quite sporadic.
Maybe so, but I think the variety around the main lower central part have the best drop rate on organs.

Do Escha ones even work?
No.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-30 06:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

not more but the ones in the second area of the zone (limbus side) have a much better drop rate (source: ffxidb)

Bahadir said: »
Can you use trusts for the Pirate's Chart Quest?

no
By Shazu 2016-11-30 16:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the cheapest laptop that will run 2 instances of FFXI at 60FPS?

I have a Microsoft Surface Book which has pretty good specs but the game lags all the way down to 10FPS in area with a lot of character models and animations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-30 20:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use windower and intend to duobox, you can set it up to load up the secondary character on way reduced specs, and keep the game minimized.

Then use the Send plugin in windower to allow you to control both characters from one screen. Boom, 2 characters, one primary instance of the game. With the other instance reduced down to bare min specs it should be the equivalent of running 1.1 instances of the game instead of 2.

Any gaming laptop with a Geforce card over 970 should have no problem running 2 instances of ffxi.
 Bahamut.Aestas
Server: Bahamut
user: Tournesol
By Bahamut.Aestas 2016-11-30 23:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yes, Yagrush does indeed work offhand
Was that with the Afterglow version or something? I'm not getting that result with non-AG 119 version. Most likely a bug if that works, anyway.
To give a definitive answer here, Afterglow Yagrush does not provide the Divine Veil bonus nor the Divine Benison bonus while in the offhand.
By Draylo 2016-12-03 02:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the general melee strat for the troll intense ambuscade on D? Couldn't figure the aura out with a THF doing aeolian edge.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-12-03 06:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone know the general melee strat for the troll intense ambuscade on D? Couldn't figure the aura out with a THF doing aeolian edge.

Have everyone weapon skill at exactly the same time to prevent a skillchain from being formed and that nasty move (CDC-(BLU1, Circle Blade PLD/BLU2)and Aeolian Edge (THF)).
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2016-12-03 07:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Draylo said: »

Have everyone weapon skill at exactly the same time to prevent a skillchain from being formed and that nasty move (CDC-(BLU1, Circle Blade PLD/BLU2)and Aeolian Edge (THF)).

Iceland? :o
First Page 2 3 ... 468 469 470 ... 834 835 836