Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 467 468 469 ... 836 837 838
By Pantafernando 2016-11-22 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

While cping, the constant light of merit/jp up is kinda of hurting my eyes. Wondering if there is any option to filter or turn it off.

Thanks in advance.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-23 02:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

After update, can someone point out how is victory smite and stringing pummel doing compared to chant du cygne?

Thanks in advance.
By Darksparksnot 2016-11-23 03:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

After update, can someone point out how is victory smite and stringing pummel doing compared to chant du cygne?

Thanks in advance.

Still galaxies behind?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-23 03:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much the same as they were doing before, nothing really changed for MNK aside from a slightly higher total damage cap, and 7% more attack from an empowered Smite job trait.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-23 07:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question we've been discussing in my ls: Can a player dual wield two of the same R/M/E weapon?

Specifically, having the two weapons on different stages (IE one afterglowed, the other not) such that they are the same weapon with the same name, but different item IDs

Example: Afterglow twashtar mainhand, non-afterglow offhand, different IDs.

Question 2: Does burtgang's PDT II work when offhanded? IF both of these things are true, one could theoretically dual wield burtgangs on PLD and pull off 86% PDT, which I believe should outperform, or come very close to the performance of an ochain, with all the benefits of dual wield and /nin.

Thoughts?
By Vijara 2016-11-23 07:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said: »
Here's a question we've been discussing in my ls: Can a player dual wield two of the same R/M/E weapon?

I don't think this would work because aren't the flagged as Rare which means you can't have more than one?
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-23 07:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my point of my question:

They have the same name, but different ID values

Based on my understanding of working with some of the people who made third party stuff for windower and the FFevo team, as far as I understand FFXI only cares about the item ID, and doesn't care about the item name. In terms of R/E

Also, there have been rare instances where item's have been named incorrectly long ago, and you could have two of the same item name in your inventory despite both of them R/E, because they were actually different items.

I believe it was a random set of JSE armor, and the gloves had the leg's name, so you could have two 'pants' but one of them when you looked at it was actually the gloves with the wrong name. It was patched right away but people noticed.

I think it was paladin or warrior armor, I don't remember much. It was quite awhile ago.

But an afterglowed twashtar and a non-afterglowed twashtar are totally different items, with the same name. But you even see here on ffxiah they have different item IDs.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-23 08:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried making a second Almace, Moogle tells me to *** off
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-23 08:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Specifically, having the two weapons on different stages (IE one afterglowed, the other not) such that they are the same weapon with the same name, but different item IDs

Example: Afterglow twashtar mainhand, non-afterglow offhand, different IDs.

Question 2: Does burtgang's PDT II work when offhanded? IF both of these things are true, one could theoretically dual wield burtgangs on PLD and pull off 86% PDT, which I believe should outperform, or come very close to the performance of an ochain, with all the benefits of dual wield and /nin.

Thoughts?
IIRC, this was tested with empyreans a long time ago. They found that you couldn't make the lvl 80 version if you already had the 85~ version. Feel free to search for the test, but I don't have it bookmarked. I think it was on bg...

Although, perhaps mythics differ? Different questline. I reaaaaly doubt it, but free free to test,. at the low low price of your soul and 30k alex.(or ask on the OF and hope for a reply.

As for the second question, while the answer to question 1 invalidates the reason for question 2, I don't actually know if mythic stats work offhand. I rather suspect they do. Easiest test would probably be for a WHM to cast a -na spell with yagrush offhand. Burtgang would require 1k needles testing or enmity test. Both much more annoying. If I was playing right now I'd confirm it.

And finally, Burtgang+an Ochain block is still stronger than 86% PDT. It equates to about 89.12 dmg reduction. So while it is fairly close, Burtgangx2 still wouldn't be better. And you'd lose shield mastery spell interruption guard. which would suck. Would make for a good hybrid DPS mode though. But since you can't have 2 Burtgang, moot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-23 08:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Thats really interesting. What step does this happen during?

Also, there's also still one other way potentially, and thats if you choose to receive a weapon from a mogbonanza kupon.

I wonder if SE checked that one, or if you could abuse that to double up on a weapon. Hmm.

Edit: Also I was of the understanding Ochain's dmg reduction worked out to about 60%?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-23 09:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there's also still one other way potentially, and thats if you choose to receive a weapon from a mogbonanza kupon.

I wonder if SE checked that one, or if you could abuse that to double up on a weapon. Hmm.

Edit: Also I was of the understanding Ochain's dmg reduction worked out to about 60%?
Ochain's block damage reduction would be 60%, if shield defense bonus didn't exist. But since PLD already has shield defense bonus by the time you can wear Ochain, you're never actually going to see that value in use.

Shield defense bonus for a 99 PLD is 6% additional block dmg reduction. Despite the wiki referencing my testing then saying 7%. <,<

So Ochain effectively reduces damage by 66% on blocks.

I'll try to answer this if you'll explain what you mean by it. <,< Be more specific, can't tell which part of my post you're referencing(assuming you weren't just referencing Braden's post.)
 Odin.Madotsuki
Server: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2016-11-23 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess, probably after you complete the preceding trial where the next would result in choice of the Empyrean weapon or WoE weapon trials. So in Almace's example, I'm guessing it would let you complete up through trial 1200 (Tammuz x8), then trying to accept trial 1201 for Almace 80 would lead to being denied by the moogle.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-23 10:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
As for the second question, while the answer to question 1 invalidates the reason for question 2, I don't actually know if mythic stats work offhand. I rather suspect they do. Easiest test would probably be for a WHM to cast a -na spell with yagrush offhand.
Yes, Yagrush does indeed work offhand
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-23 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
As for the second question, while the answer to question 1 invalidates the reason for question 2, I don't actually know if mythic stats work offhand. I rather suspect they do. Easiest test would probably be for a WHM to cast a -na spell with yagrush offhand.
Thanks for confirming.

Odin.Madotsuki said: »
If I had to guess, probably after you complete the preceding trial where the next would result in choice of the Empyrean weapon or WoE weapon trials. So in Almace's example, I'm guessing it would let you complete up through trial 1200 (Tammuz x8), then trying to accept trial 1201 for Almace 80 would lead to being denied by the moogle.
If this is the case, I wonder if it would tell you no if you even tried to start a mythic you already have? Less investment to test, certainly.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-23 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Although, perhaps mythics differ?
Nope, Abqubah won't accept the weapon to start the quest if you already have that Mythic completed. Think it's the same for Relics at the Goblin, no clue about ToTM Empys and Aeonics but I assume they work the same.

Quote:
I don't actually know if mythic stats work offhand. I rather suspect they do.
I seem to recall Carnwenhan's additional duration doesn't work offhand, or at least it didn't during the level 99 version, I haven't tried the 119v3 one but I think the result is the same.
Nice to hear Yagrush works offhand instead.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-11-23 14:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Although, perhaps mythics differ?
Nope, Abqubah won't accept the weapon to start the quest if you already have that Mythic completed. Think it's the same for Relics at the Goblin, no clue about ToTM Empys and Aeonics but I assume they work the same.

Ok, have a question on this. I saw someone on Shiva dual-wielding Tizonas as lockstyle (people got a lot of money I guess). Would this be only possible with bonanza coupons then if you can't even start quest?
By Pantafernando 2016-11-23 14:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need 2 copies of a weapon to stylelock it dual wielding.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-11-23 14:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, never knew you can just equip one and lockstyle the other, assumed it wasn't possible as lockstyle would remove the weapon from the other slot. Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-23 17:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You start by putting the weapon in one inventory (IE your inventory to start) and set it to a slot (main).

Then move the weapon to your mog wardrobe and set it from there to your offhand. If you try and equip the set it wont work, but lockstyle it will.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-11-24 00:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain's block damage reduction would be 60%, if shield defense bonus didn't exist. But since PLD already has shield defense bonus by the time you can wear Ochain, you're never actually going to see that value in use.

Shield defense bonus for a 99 PLD is 6% additional block dmg reduction. Despite the wiki referencing my testing then saying 7%. <,<

So Ochain effectively reduces damage by 66% on blocks.

So do Chev Gauntlets+1 (Shield Def Bonus+3) Provide an additional 3% here?

If so, going from 66% to 69% is a 8.9% reduction in damage, and Chozor. Coselete lets you add another 3 on top of that. Going from 69% to 72% Dmg reduction would be a 9.6% Dmg reduction.

Stacking both together makes the two pieces average an 8.8% Dmg reduction each.

I really feel like the ochain game is getting ourselves as close to 100% Dmg reduction so we hit the ~60 dmg mark from even the hardest of foes, at which point Phalanx can reduce it to 0.

I feel like it's a pretty solid pair of body+hands to go with that are both significantly easier to obtain the Souv+1.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-24 09:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Shun mean?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-11-24 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The kanji used is apparently 瞬, which translates to "instant" or "moment". Given the animation, I'd guess it's referencing the idea of a flurry of quick strikes followed by a finishing blow.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2016-11-24 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hello guys sorry if this is in the forum already but ididnt see it. i hear ffxi/windower wont work with some versions of windows 10 im about to buy a new pc im wondering what versions it works with

thanks for any help ppl can give ^^ :)
ps I got the new pc and directplay wont turn on ;;
By hobo 2016-11-24 13:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It works with Windows 10 just fine, there have just been a few issues with stupid things like display driver crashing. Its infrequent enough that you don't go looking for a solution but its still a pain when it happens
 Fenrir.Massacrex
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Massacrex 2016-11-24 23:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been thinking about comeing back to xi for a while now is it worth playing still (i stoped about 4 years ago).
By Calinari 2016-11-25 07:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Massacrex said: »
I have been thinking about comeing back to xi for a while now is it worth playing still (i stoped about 4 years ago).

Not really, but it's subjective. If you quit once, the same reason you quit will make you quit again.

(This is the 4th time I've quit 1year+ and comeback, quitting again for the same reason)
By Wordspoken 2016-11-25 08:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »

Not really, but it's subjective. If you quit once, the same reason you quit will make you quit again.

(This is the 4th time I've quit 1year+ and comeback, quitting again for the same reason)
Conversevely, the same reason that makes you come back will make you come back again :3
 Odin.Madotsuki
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2016-11-25 09:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you are interested in and/or looking to get out of it.

I just recently re-subscribed with my best friend after a long period as well. We primarily wanted to work on and finish the storylines we hadn't completed, those being Rhapsodies and Adoulin. Managed to complete Rhapsodies and will be working on Adoulin. Getting to see the ending of Rhapsodies was pretty rewarding after having done all the old missions!

Now that we're back though, we are enjoying doing other things as well as we are getting settled again. I'm giving GEO a whirl and we're also working on new weapons together. We aren't really geared enough to dabble in the most current relevant content yet but perhaps we might be able to reach that point before we feel satisfied enough to stop again. Either way, won't be a big deal if we don't.

Plus, seeing all the shortcuts, new features, and quality-of-life changes always amuses me. Never thought I'd ever see things like official in-game viewable party member buffs or buff timers!
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-25 13:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that with the Afterglow version or something? I'm not getting that result with non-AG 119 version. Most likely a bug if that works, anyway.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-11-25 15:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Was that with the Afterglow version or something? I'm not getting that result with non-AG 119 version. Most likely a bug if that works, anyway.

Maybe Ebers Cap +1 wasn't taken off.
First Page 2 3 ... 467 468 469 ... 836 837 838