Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 457 458 459 ... 834 835 836
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-09-14 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Since I remembered Vagary is a thing, and I need to get clears for creating Empyrean armor 119, how hard is that content these days?

When I played in the past, it was with full alliances and took about 45 minutes, but I'm guessing with modern gear standards, that is not the case anymore? Or am I mistaken?

A bunch of it can be manaburned with a party of 6 now. For popping NMs like Plouton etc, just add a tank. Runs go pretty fast now, especially now that the patterns or tricks have been figured out.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-14 14:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you call trusts in salvage? °°
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-14 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All of Vagary can be done with 3, though aside from loot distribution, there's no other benefit to going with so few. Without experience or good gear, you'll want outside help. There are rewards, like the KIs from bosses which can be exchanged for goods, that can draw in people who might not be willing to help otherwise. A quick rundown of the zones/bosses:

PARTY SETUPS:
- Magic-heavy builds are common, but not at all required. I would highly recommend bringing strong aoe magic to Brash Gate and Duskbrood Gate at the least, however.
- Tank trusts don't do well to establish hate when dealing large groups, so you may want to bring a real tank.
- Treasure Hunter does affect drops. This is mostly just notable for bosses, as you can potentially get 1 extra material and 1 extra piece of gear (including the elusive Tartarus Platemail from Plouton). If you do bring a THF, I'd recommend either it be someone's mule or someone who won't be a liability if they are meleeing.

ALL ZONES:
- Everything will be 1 enemy family, and 2 NMs + a boss.
- The bosses are antagonists from Adoulin missions, so if you don't want to be spoiled, you might wanna finish them first.
- Enmity is unique in Vagary, in that as soon as something is aggro'd, everyone is on the hate list, so something as benign as casting Barfire can cause you to get pummeled if your tank hasn't done anything.
- Sleep works on all non-NMs.
- The bosses primarily use magic attacks instead of physical.

DEATHBORNE GATE: Undead.
- Starting with Fomors of all jobs. They come from all sides, but die easy to aoe damage, or to a single strong WS. Be mindful of hate and stay safe, as new ones spawn as soon as old ones die.
- 6 Corses and a Dullahan NM. Corses are a little stronger than the previous Fomors, but still die easy. The Dullahan is weak to Fire and Light, and has some relatively dangerous aoe dark-based and physical moves. After it dies, make sure everybody gathers to the side as to not aggro the next wave.
- 4 parties of three Fomors. These are practically NMs, in that they drop unique gear, can't be slept(?), and will use multiple 1hrs. Fight one party at a time, and focus on a single Fomor at once, or else you can get overwhelmed easily. They will try to SC on you, too.
- Boss wave, Palloritus + a bunch of Fomors (wave 1 strength). Palloritus isn't too crazy if you use Vex, shutting down most of his attacks/statuses. Most of his attacks are dark-based. A little more evasive but not as defensive as the other bosses.

BRASH GATE: Amorphs, which are randomly picked when you check one of 6 pillars.
- Magic damage does great here, especially if you go hit their weaknesses:
- One of the 6 pillars will spawn the next NM in the sequence.
- First wave NM is an Acuex. Weak to ice.
- Second wave NM is a big Slime that splits if you hit it for more than 5k damage. I'm not sure if people have figured out a way to prevent him from doing so, other than whittling him down. Casts Meteor, and his split forms will as well; combined with the hate mechanics, it's not worth making him split unless you can kill the babies immediately.
- Boss is Rancibus; uses Manafont, Water nukes. Weak to Thunder, has lots of Poison crap (including an aura), and a Dispel WS called Noyade.

DUSKBROOD GATE: Elementals
- This zone uses more of the zone instead of a simple arena; spread throughout are groups of the eight elementals + a hybrid. Killing all of a group (ie: all Fire elementals and the Baelfyr in that section) makes the boss unable to absorb that element, and can't use that element's black magic either. The elementals/hybrids do not aggro unless you cast near them.
- Recommended to kill at least the Ice, Light, and Dark elemental groups.
- Further in are groups of hybrids + an NM; killing the hybrids first makes the NM strong. The hybrids aggro by sound and link, but not with the NM. The NMs are true sound 15', so you can sneak/invis and aggro pull them by themselves.
- First NM is an Umbril. Super weak to Fire and Light. Has an aoe Doom move below 25%. He hangs out with some Byrgens and Gefyrsts (Earth/Dark and Ice/Water).
- Second NM is a Pixie. Rather magic resistant, but physical damage works fine. Cycles through the 4 season "Breeze" WSs, and then ends with Norn Arrows (high phys damage 20' aoe). Uses Chainspell at low HP to spam Wind and Light nukes. Hangs with Baelfyrs and Ungeweders (Light/Fire and Thunder/Wind).
- Boss is Putraxia; weak to Ice. Uses a lot of Thunder and Wind stuff. Does Hundred Fists at low HP, and has phantom counters (you'll take damage but there won't be a message). His hands glow at certain points (I think move based) which make him stronger. Seems to be busted by SCs and maybe MBs.

PERFIDIEN & PLOUTON: Based off the final bosses of Adoulin.
- Perf can be spawned after acquiring the KIs from beating the other 3 bosses, and Plouton after Perf. Technically can be spawned anywhere, but everyone does it in Duskbrood cuz it's easiest to manage.
- Essentially share the same qualities, including a weakness to a random element/physical type, regular dark damage attacks, and will warp if anybody dies or the fight goes on too long. Also, nobody can die before they spawn or they won't show.
- Below 90%, they switch to a random element they absorb; if they absorb too much, they level up and use Encumbrance auras, along with dangerous WSs (Plouton does full dispel + Weakness). However, they take bonus damage from the element strong to the one they absorb (ie: if he absorbs Fire, use Water). You get a message when you hit the right element, and they'll do the 1hr whirlwind animation when they change. SCs will heal if they contain the element they're absorbing.
- Light and dark damage (ie: Truelight, Leaden Salute) start to do pitiful damage below a certain threshold, but are fine before. I can't recall if it's 90% or 50%.
- For melee damage, at least for Plouton, nothing special until 50%, where he picks one of the three (Blunt/Piercing/Slashing) as his weakness. The other two do crap damage. There is no penalty for using the wrong physical damage type, however.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-14 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Can you call trusts in salvage? °°
Nah, pretty much that events like Assault and Salvage are among the remaining places where you can't use Trusts. Makes sense when you consider trusts don't have gear, yet there is a hidden 6th pathos (Doubt) in the dats with the description "Your powers of Trust are in decline", so who knows if they have/had plans.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-14 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
All of Vagary can be done with 3, though aside from loot distribution, there's no other benefit to going with so few. Without experience or good gear, you'll want outside help. There are rewards, like the KIs from bosses which can be exchanged for goods, that can draw in people who might not be willing to help otherwise. A quick rundown of the zones/bosses:

PARTY SETUPS:
- Magic-heavy builds are common, but not at all required. I would highly recommend bringing strong aoe magic to Brash Gate and Duskbrood Gate at the least, however.
- Tank trusts don't do well to establish hate when dealing large groups, so you may want to bring a real tank.
- Treasure Hunter does affect drops. This is mostly just notable for bosses, as you can potentially get 1 extra material and 1 extra piece of gear (including the elusive Tartarus Platemail from Plouton). If you do bring a THF, I'd recommend either it be someone's mule or someone who won't be a liability if they are meleeing.

ALL ZONES:
- Everything will be 1 enemy family, and 2 NMs + a boss.
- The bosses are antagonists from Adoulin missions, so if you don't want to be spoiled, you might wanna finish them first.
- Enmity is unique in Vagary, in that as soon as something is aggro'd, everyone is on the hate list, so something as benign as casting Barfire can cause you to get pummeled if your tank hasn't done anything.
- Sleep works on all non-NMs.
- The bosses primarily use magic attacks instead of physical.

DEATHBORNE GATE: Undead.
- Starting with Fomors of all jobs. They come from all sides, but die easy to aoe damage, or to a single strong WS. Be mindful of hate and stay safe, as new ones spawn as soon as old ones die.
- 6 Corses and a Dullahan NM. Corses are a little stronger than the previous Fomors, but still die easy. The Dullahan is weak to Fire and Light, and has some relatively dangerous aoe dark-based and physical moves. After it dies, make sure everybody gathers to the side as to not aggro the next wave.
- 4 parties of three Fomors. These are practically NMs, in that they drop unique gear, can't be slept(?), and will use multiple 1hrs. Fight one party at a time, and focus on a single Fomor at once, or else you can get overwhelmed easily. They will try to SC on you, too.
- Boss wave, Palloritus + a bunch of Fomors (wave 1 strength). Palloritus isn't too crazy if you use Vex, shutting down most of his attacks/statuses. Most of his attacks are dark-based. A little more evasive but not as defensive as the other bosses.

BRASH GATE: Amorphs, which are randomly picked when you check one of 6 pillars.
- Magic damage does great here, especially if you go hit their weaknesses:
- One of the 6 pillars will spawn the next NM in the sequence.
- First wave NM is an Acuex. Weak to ice.
- Second wave NM is a big Slime that splits if you hit it for more than 5k damage. I'm not sure if people have figured out a way to prevent him from doing so, other than whittling him down. Casts Meteor, and his split forms will as well; combined with the hate mechanics, it's not worth making him split unless you can kill the babies immediately.
- Boss is Rancibus; uses Manafont, Water nukes. Weak to Thunder, has lots of Poison crap (including an aura), and a Dispel WS called Noyade.

DUSKBROOD GATE: Elementals
- This zone uses more of the zone instead of a simple arena; spread throughout are groups of the eight elementals + a hybrid. Killing all of a group (ie: all Fire elementals and the Baelfyr in that section) makes the boss unable to absorb that element, and can't use that element's black magic either. The elementals/hybrids do not aggro unless you cast near them.
- Recommended to kill at least the Ice, Light, and Dark elemental groups.
- Further in are groups of hybrids + an NM; killing the hybrids first makes the NM strong. The hybrids aggro by sound and link, but not with the NM. The NMs are true sound 15', so you can sneak/invis and aggro pull them by themselves.
- First NM is an Umbril. Super weak to Fire and Light. Has an aoe Doom move below 25%. He hangs out with some Byrgens and Gefyrsts (Earth/Dark and Ice/Water).
- Second NM is a Pixie. Rather magic resistant, but physical damage works fine. Cycles through the 4 season "Breeze" WSs, and then ends with Norn Arrows (high phys damage 20' aoe). Uses Chainspell at low HP to spam Wind and Light nukes. Hangs with Baelfyrs and Ungeweders (Light/Fire and Thunder/Wind).
- Boss is Putraxia; weak to Ice. Uses a lot of Thunder and Wind stuff. Does Hundred Fists at low HP, and has phantom counters (you'll take damage but there won't be a message). His hands glow at certain points (I think move based) which make him stronger. Seems to be busted by SCs and maybe MBs.

PERFIDIEN & PLOUTON: Based off the final bosses of Adoulin.
- Perf can be spawned after acquiring the KIs from beating the other 3 bosses, and Plouton after Perf. Technically can be spawned anywhere, but everyone does it in Duskbrood cuz it's easiest to manage.
- Essentially share the same qualities, including a weakness to a random element/physical type, regular dark damage attacks, and will warp if anybody dies or the fight goes on too long. Also, nobody can die before they spawn or they won't show.
- Below 90%, they switch to a random element they absorb; if they absorb too much, they level up and use Encumbrance auras, along with dangerous WSs (Plouton does full dispel + Weakness). However, they take bonus damage from the element strong to the one they absorb (ie: if he absorbs Fire, use Water). You get a message when you hit the right element, and they'll do the 1hr whirlwind animation when they change.
- For melee damage, at least for Plouton, nothing special until 50%, where he picks one of the three (Blunt/Piercing/Slashing) as his weakness. The other two do crap damage. There is no penalty for using the wrong physical damage type, however.

How does a RUN tank in vagary?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-14 15:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
How does a RUN tanking in vagary?
Depends on what you're facing. Against large waves, like the Amorphs or Fomors, you'd want to just turtle up. Subbing /BLU (Cocoon) or /SAM (Seigan + Third Eye) will help, and maxing out your PDT, Phalanx, etc. Against NMs and bosses, you'll get a feel for how dangerous they are (or aren't) and adjust your defenses/offenses accordingly.

Due to the weird hate mechanics, you never have to worry about getting on the hate list, but you have more work to do keeping enemy waves off others. Spamming self-targetting hate tools (especially Foil) will usually get them all to focus on you. Even using a rune will get their attention at the initial pull.

Incidentally, I go RUN for clearing the 3 zones safely and reliably, but THF for Perfidien and Plouton for TH and faster kills.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-15 07:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Best acc foods to look at these days?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-15 07:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sublime Sushi
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-09-16 04:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm trying to find the Macro/Saved Settings on my HDD, I know the first slot on the character saved settings are saved the server, but slots A, B, C and D are saved some where on computers hard drive, where would I be able to locate these files?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 10:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking into armor types that give tatoos:
Igqira, Mextli, Toci(and respective higher versions of these)...are there others I'm forgetting?
 Asura.Leoheika
Server: Asura
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-17 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Matanca harness possibly, someone else would need to confirm.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 10:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging from screenshots it seems it doesn't.

(which is good cause fk doing meebs ò_ò)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-17 11:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

merlinic jubbah, ta moko (men only, sorry), psycloth vest. Think that's it, unless you feel like creating your own with some texture edits.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 12:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

merlinic jubbah, ta moko (men only, sorry), psycloth vest. Think that's it, unless you feel like creating your own with some texture edits.
Thanks. Merlinic is just ugly...Psycloth eh..think I'll just stick to my Mextli. At least it got the glowing nipples.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-09-17 14:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ye olden weskit type armor.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Already mentioned.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-17 22:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Can someone share some set for SCH regen?

Ive been using arbatel head and hands for potency/duration, and telchine for the others 3 slots, bolelabunga and bookworm. What would be good for the telchine augments? i think both are amazing (regen potency+3 or enhancing duration+10) that i dont know what to choose.

And for the other slots (rings, ear, neck, etc), what should I use?

Thanks in advance.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-18 21:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Does TH works for double gear drops in escha?

Thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-18 22:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Does TH works for double gear drops in escha?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, and also for materials like Vulcanite/Eschite Ore
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-18 22:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Question - Why does GS export certain augmented Merlinic gear with Magic Burst damage + as

"feet={ name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Magic burst mdg.+9%','INT+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},"

Magic burst "mdg" ?
By Morihei 2016-09-21 16:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Question! For the completion of the Aeonic quests, do you have to beat the HELM NMs as well?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-21 16:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. All popped NMs(through trading to the ???) must be cleared without using Brew.
By Antisense 2016-09-22 08:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Can someone share some set for SCH regen?

Ive been using arbatel head and hands for potency/duration, and telchine for the others 3 slots, bolelabunga and bookworm. What would be good for the telchine augments? i think both are amazing (regen potency+3 or enhancing duration+10) that i dont know what to choose.

And for the other slots (rings, ear, neck, etc), what should I use?

Thanks in advance.

That's pretty much it. Just note that Regen + on Bookworm's cape and Telchine augments adds straight HP instead of % like Bolelabunga and AF3+2/Arbatel head, so you can get up to +35 HP on all Regen spells using Bookworm's and 5/5 Telchine.

One option would be to put Regen potency vs duration on a toggle as the enhancing duration affects all enhancing buffs whereas Regen potency might come in handy for short fights where you don't need duration.
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-09-22 14:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally i've unlocked monster rearing, my lamb (Patsy) has 3 stars now and seems to love me dearly, but he doesnt want to evolve. i've tried feeding him greater boyahda moss a couple of times and no evolution. Am i feeding the wrong food or do i just need to keep trying and be patient?
thanks for the help <3
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-22 14:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamb, as in the baby, right? Try regular Boyahda Moss to help it grow into a regular adult Sheep. Great Boyahda Moss is for turning an adult Sheep into a Ram. It can grow into an adult sheep regardless (unless you feed it Napa), so it's mostly bad luck.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-22 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

damn i've been stuffing mine full of cabbage the whole time, no wonder he isn't growing
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-09-22 15:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamb, as in the baby, right? Try regular Boyahda Moss to help it grow into a regular adult Sheep. Great Boyahda Moss is for turning an adult Sheep into a Ram. It can grow into an adult sheep regardless (unless you feed it Napa), so it's mostly bad luck.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-22 16:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
damn i've been stuffing mine full of cabbage the whole time, no wonder he isn't growing
Well, feeding them stuff they like (for sheep, greens) will improve their mood and thus help them grow faster. When they hit 3 stars, the baby form will eventually just grow into the default path (ie: Lamb > Sheep). When they reach 2.5 stars though, you can feed them certain things (by species) that has a chance of triggering their transition to the next form. For most, this seems to be limited just to the subspecies though (like say Baby Cockatrice > Ziz if you feed it Quus).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 457 458 459 ... 834 835 836