Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 456 457 458 ... 836 837 838
By Pantafernando 2016-09-06 18:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Is there any penalty for dual wielding a mage club?

Currently using a temporary gear just to burst some mobs for cp, my options for my RDM is a marin staff+1 or dual wielding 2 gabaxorea. If just considering the number, i think its better the 2x Gabaxorea that are MAB+52, magic damage+248 compared to my marin thats just MAB+28, magic dmg+217.

Thoughts about that?

Thanks in advance.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-06 19:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no penalty to magic damage. Just to TP/hit.

That being said, staves (don't forget the grip) will tend to be better than double clubs due to the INT that is so readily prevalent on them.
Not to mention the higher Macc skill.

Looks like you're going pathA x2, so it's 24 v 27 INT.
And as for Marin specifically, it's no longer BiS for wind nukes, but the Maff on it makes it, roughly, be as if it had 42 MAB on wind nukes.

So that's why you'll likely get better results from Marin than from 2x clubs. (And even better from the Reisenjima staff.)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-07 05:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember finding out only recently (can't remember the thread) that when monsters have "Level up!" mechanics they don't really level up (so for the sake of level correction formulas everything stays the same) but they just gain a very big boost to some/all of their stats.

I just wanted to say that we confirmed yesterday that if you wipe and let the NM go idle (and possibly regen to 100%, I dunno) those "level up buffs" disappear.
That likely probably wouldn't have happened if it were a real level up instead of a buff.
Tested this on Albumen in Reisenjima, not sure if it's any different for other NMs but I think it's safe to assume it's the same for everything else too?
[+]
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-10 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question concerning Apex Crabs as blm, is it expected to have the T6 spells already before jumping into or making groups?
By Pantafernando 2016-09-10 12:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »
Quick question concerning Apex Crabs as blm, is it expected to have the T6 spells already before jumping into or making groups?

If your best spell is a T5, that means, aside the lower potency, that you dont have the several mab, mbd and macc gifts. BLM gets strong as those are unlocked, not just because of T6 spells.

But IMO, that isnt reason to avoid apex parties. Personally what I would do is to invite another stronger BLM and make a pair, that is enough to kill the mobs efficiently. Also, make sure to time right your nukes so you can cast 2 times in same skillchain.

The distance till 100jp is very short you can easily reach it with 3 or 4 hours cping. If crabs are too hard for your party, you can try the leeches/chapuli in Sih Gates that have a bit lower lv than the doh mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-10 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

If your best spell is a T5, that means, aside the lower potency, that you dont have the several mab, mbd and macc gifts. BLM gets strong as those are unlocked, not just because of T6 spells.

But IMO, that isnt reason to avoid apex parties. Personally what I would do is to invite another stronger BLM and make a pair, that is enough to kill the mobs efficiently. Also, make sure to time right your nukes so you can cast 2 times in same skillchain.

The distance till 100jp is very short you can easily reach it with 3 or 4 hours cping. If crabs are too hard for your party, you can try the leeches/chapuli in Sih Gates that have a bit lower lv than the doh mobs.

The M.acc isn't an issue, but I see what you mean with the mab and M.Dmg gifts.
Thanks though, with me it's usually a confidence issue, I'll try it and see how it goes.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-09-10 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

It's really good to have Spaekona's Coat for nuking Magic bursts in CP parties so you don't lose mp
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-11 04:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for the silly question, but how many augments can you have on ambuscade capes?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-11 04:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have 3 "paths", but can augment using 4 items.

Thread gives primary attributes, such as STR, HP, MP, or pet stats.

Dust gives stats such as acc/atk, macc/mdmg, racc/ratk, eva/meva.

Sap gives the special path, with things like WSD, Fast Cast, crit rate, Double Attack, and so on.

Dye are used to increase either the thread or dust path by an additional 10 attributes/stats or 20 HP/MP.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-11 07:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
What's the quickest and cheapest way to get clothcraft to 70 now?
I leveled cloth to 90 on a mule on Karakul Thread(55) and wool(57) after I finished on kits. Gnat Fletching(62)and then Apkallua Fletching can be done to 67 but if you don't mind a 10 level gap you can skip these and just do Black Chocobo Feathers which can be brought from the vendor in the chocobo stables (I think the nation that sells them has to be in first place), those will take you to 72.

You can do Colibri Fletching after, which will take you to 77 or just skip ahead to rainbow thread(78) and Rainbow Cloth(80). Puk Fletching will also take to you to 82. Chapuli Fletching(87) and Wamoura Silk(88) and cloth(90).
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-11 13:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Distract III's potency be enhanced with Ice Shot? And if so, by how much?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-11 13:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

QD doesn't work on Distract, Addle, or Frazzle.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2016-09-12 04:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
Anyone ever lose an item on Oseem? The server went down as my jubbah was being augmented, now it's gone (stupid of me, I know!) Never had SE restore anything before, any idea if they can do it for this kind of thing? The page on their site just says if it's an augmented item, but I'd be fine just getting the base Jubbah back... waiting for SE to respond to my ticket.

Jubbah you mean merlinic?

If they don't restore you can just get another one, not like base item is even hard to get(good augment is 100x harder).
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-12 08:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd I shut down my computer last night and now it's asking if I have playonline account? Lol
By fractalvoid 2016-09-12 08:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need WoE weapons to unlock Empyrean WS or do I need to do 3 cities VW first?

Sure this has been asked before but didn't really feel like looking and I don't really trust wiki anymore

Edit: answered my own question. Wiki was right
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-09-12 16:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at the part of The Ygnas Directive 3 where I must:

• Trade Roskin the Copse Candy for a cutscene.

• There is a chance for the candy to be stolen, should this happen, obtain another Copse Candy and give it to Roskin for the continuing cutscene.

• You may be required to buy multiple candies.

I've gone through 20 Copse Candies, thus far. I've tried trading at even numbered times and odd numbered times, like ye olde Kirin warp... Every piece has been stolen.
Has this been the experience of others? Or I am doing something wrong? Is Adoulin really this welcoming to crime? Aren't there supposed to be guards? Shouldn't being a friend of the princess and savoir of the world count for something?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2016-09-14 00:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been away from the game since the final chapter of RoV hit about a year ago, save for a brief return for the March return campaign, and just curious about a few things.

• Have they eased the difficulty of obtaining an Empryean weapon? I read something about VW having a change where players could use extra stones to change the drops, allowing players to obtain plate sacks and rare materials easily, but not sure if that was a special event, or a QoL change

• Did Aeonic end up being worth it, or best to just work on older stuff?

• The only ilvl 119 stuff I have is from very early Delve and Skirmish. Is it easy to upgrade beyond that, or is that the best it gets for solo players these days?

• With these new mount options, are they allowed in Abyssea?

• I enjoyed playing support like COR and GEO, and was wondering if those still have a place, or if trusts have finally toppled my party spot

• Last one is that I read something about they expanded storage, but it is a paid option. Is it better to use that, or will mules grant greater storage options?

Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-14 00:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I've been away from the game since the final chapter of RoV hit about a year ago, save for a brief return for the March return campaign, and just curious about a few things.

• Have they eased the difficulty of obtaining an Empryean weapon? I read something about VW having a change where players could use extra stones to change the drops, allowing players to obtain plate sacks and rare materials easily, but not sure if that was a special event, or a QoL change

• Did Aeonic end up being worth it, or best to just work on older stuff?

• The only ilvl 119 stuff I have is from very early Delve and Skirmish. Is it easy to upgrade beyond that, or is that the best it gets for solo players these days?

• With these new mount options, are they allowed in Abyssea?

• I enjoyed playing support like COR and GEO, and was wondering if those still have a place, or if trusts have finally toppled my party spot

• Last one is that I read something about they expanded storage, but it is a paid option. Is it better to use that, or will mules grant greater storage options?

- You can now select an option at the VW NPC that allows you to use your stones from stock, which means they are subtracted from your total automatically instead of needing to run back to refill every 6 kills. Unfortunately, you just missed a VW campaign that capped all lights, allowing for people to kill without worrying about procs.

- Some Aeonics are exceptional. Katana, gun, dagger, greatsword, polearm, and horn are fantastic. Some others are also quite good, notably the shield and GK, but the previous ones I mentioned are generally regarded as the top choices.

- Soloing for the current gear will likely be a bit too difficult with your current level. However, if you can even find just one or two people to help, you will easily be able to attain extreme upgrades. If you do have support jobs, as mentioned later in your posts, you'll be in a good place to find a group.

- No mounts in Abyssea, but they are allowed in all overworld areas, including Adoulin and the past.

- GEO remains the most integral part of any party. They're basically necessary for any and all high-tier content. COR is an excellent buffer, party support, and can contribute extremely high DPS if you put the time into gearing it.

- Wardrobes 3 and 4 allow you to use gear from them directly, rather than needing to pull it into your inventory. $4 combined for both. They will provide less overall storage than an additional 4 mules, however they allow you to gear and play more jobs without the hassle of reorganizing items every time you swap.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-14 02:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
[li]I enjoyed playing support like COR and GEO, and was wondering if those still have a place, or if trusts have finally toppled my party spot[/li]

[/ul]

GEO is extremely hard to replace with trusts because some of the more important buffs are only available from real geos afaik. Such as Malaise, vex attunement etc. Also GEO trust came from unity so most people don't have it due to picking whm trust.

There are no risk of geo being replaced by trusts, the only job that can replace geo is Idris geo.

COR may be replaced with trusts if doing melee setup, or replace with mules unless JA reset is absolutely required for the strategy. Due to how rolls work which won't depop after pt drop, and content HP scaling, a lot of groups still view COR as a prebuff only job, just because the pt still gets the full advantage from cor mule buff and drop without having to suffer from NM HP increase.

That means, on COR you will probably struggle to find a spot unless you are geared well enough to DPS AND organize your own pt to setup COR DD buffs and wing rotation. And you kinda have to develop pt organization skills and make your own pt if you want to have a place on this job.

That being said, a COR being used as part of death rotation(current endgame meta strategy), with cor oriented DD buffs such as allies, regain, Wizards roll, and appropriate wing rotation can parse extremely high. The last WoC parse I had on file I had COR parsed at least 10% more dmg in pt than BLM capable of hitting 100k death with bracelet on. It's hard for blm to improve dmg even further due to death recast cap at 36 sec and 100k dmg cap per burst, while COR can keep SCing with no cool down until you run out of wings, or gets the benefit of higher dmg cap per burst if waiting for blm death recast.

tl;dr, COR is one of the best DPS in game on certain target with certain buffs. But you have to make your own pt for it to accomplish such result because most people don't build party that way. Most of the time it's a prebuff job.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-09-14 02:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I could have sworn they changed salvage Arrapago Remnants 1 to 1hour not 1 earth day... wow. What is the point of this seriously....
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-09-14 06:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I could have sworn they changed salvage Arrapago Remnants 1 to 1hour not 1 earth day... wow. What is the point of this seriously....

Nope. They left AR1 and AR2 at one RL day, due to congestion
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-14 09:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there some person who accepts crappy gear you don't want in exchange for whatever? Do they take accessories too?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-14 09:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The outpost NPC's will give you conquest points, can't remember if they'll take accesories or not.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-14 09:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I dream that there was someone who gives aman vouchers?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-14 09:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I quit when SoA came out.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2016-09-14 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A.M.A.N._Reclaimer
gives points that turn into vouchers
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2016-09-14 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I remembered Vagary is a thing, and I need to get clears for creating Empyrean armor 119, how hard is that content these days?

When I played in the past, it was with full alliances and took about 45 minutes, but I'm guessing with modern gear standards, that is not the case anymore? Or am I mistaken?
 Cerberus.Leadleaf
Server: Cerberus
user: Leadleaf
By Cerberus.Leadleaf 2016-09-14 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wasn't there some person who accepts crappy gear you don't want in exchange for whatever? Do they take accessories too?
There was also that mithra w/ a leafkin near Castle Adoulin's gates that would exchange bayld/sparks gear for bayld.
First Page 2 3 ... 456 457 458 ... 836 837 838