Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 455 456 457 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eldelphia
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-25 04:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to do the Intermediate Alluvion Skirmish objective from RoE. I've no idea how easy it is to get gear from it but my friend and I will be starting doing the easiest stuff duo to get our heads around it and to get our kupon.

I have a lot of jobs at 99 and since I came back have decided to focus on THF, WHM and SCH.

I've picked up NQ head/hands/feet Jharik gear solo and hoping to at least get one more piece before the end of the month.

Which pieces in the Helios and Telchine sets are the most important? for SCH and WHM? I do have BLM too but I haven't even looked at gearing that yet.

The Telchine body with the regen buff and enhancing magic looks good for SCH but WHM already has a regen piece for that slot.

The Helios set all looks good with the exception of the body but then I may be missing something there...
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-25 04:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No Helios piece is relevant for SCH to this day. If you already had Helios pieces they could be a nice entry level gear for nuking, but gearing paradygms changed since then and honestly I wouldn't bother to put effort into farming Helios Pieces and going through the excruciating (and expensive!) process of getting the right augments on them.
Focus those energies/effort into getting Merlinic and/or Jhakri pieces instead.

Telchine still has a use for SCH and WHM and every mage job who can use them.
That use is through the third (dusk) augmenting slot which allows you to get "Enhancing Magic duration +1_10".
With a set of 5 telchine items you can extend the duration of your enhancing magic by up to 50%.

To be honest I wouldn't call this set a high priority thing to be thinking. If you're just starting to gear up SCH and WHM you should have other priorities first.
I personally see an Enhancing duration Telchine set more as "refinment" rather than something you should focus as first thing.

As I said before it's an useful set for all mage jobs who can use it, but I see it as particularly more useful for SCH given how it can greatly synergize with Regen, Adloquium and Weathers.
In particular Telchine body is very good to use as midcast for Regen because of the base stats bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-08-25 04:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The Telchine set can be augmented with Enhancing Duration and Fast Cast so very useful for SCH and WHM to extend the length of all your enhancing spells.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-08-25 04:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Someone knows whats the bayld cap from colo and lair reives?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-08-25 05:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the zones.
I don't have the exact numbers but it could be as low as 3k-3.5k in Ceizak to 8k+ in kamhir.
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
user: eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-25 08:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Focus those energies/effort into getting Merlinic and/or Jhakri pieces instead.

Telchine still has a use for SCH and WHM and every mage job who can use them.
That use is through the third (dusk) augmenting slot which allows you to get "Enhancing Magic duration +1_10".
With a set of 5 telchine items you can extend the duration of your enhancing magic by up to 50%.

You have no idea what great news that is :) I'm going to get a freebie piece I think via the Intermediate RoE tutorial quest and I wondered if anything was critical. I already hit 500+ enhancing on SCH but the duration and regen boost seemed unique. I am working on the Jharik set and looking forward to seeing if I can get some of the Inyanga set with tokens next month.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-25 10:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

To furtherly expand on what I said before and avoid misunderstanding.
Alluvion sets can be augmented through special stones. Each Alluvion item has three "slots", each augmented separately with a different type of stone. "Snow-", "Leaf-" and "Dusk-" stones.
Furtherly there are 4 different sub types of stones (-tip, -slit, -dim, -orb) focusing on different augments for melee, ranged, magic and pets.

Can see a full list here.

What makes Ttelchine items so great is that in the third slot, hence using "Duskdim" stones, one of the possible augment you can get is "Enhancing Magic Duration +", ranging from 1 to 10. Those numbers are actually % and they stack, up to a maximum of 50%.
Telchine body has a further stat (which is a basic stat, not an augment) of enhancing the DURATION of Regen (and just regen, not other enhancing magic).
There are several other items boosting Regen for SCH, some boosting potency: Bolelabunga, Bookworm Cape (augment), Arbatel Bonnet +1
and duration: Coeus, Telchine Body, Lugh's Cape

tl;dr
Telchine is good for SCH and mage jobs in general because it allows you to get up to 50% more enhancing magic duration through Duskdim Stones.
Telchine body in particular is even better because it has an additional duration boost (base stat) specific to the regen category spells.

I still think an enhancing magic duration set, while very very useful, should be considered sort of an "icing on the cake" (and what an icing it is!).
I mean, I would focus first on getting other more important pieces before you spend gazilions on Duskdim stones trying to get the right augments on Telchine items, but that's up to your personal choice I guess.
If you want a priority of Telchine Items to augment here's the order:
1) Body
2) Legs
3) Feet/Head
4) Hands

The reasons for this order: Body is the best, it doesn't conflict with other pieces and it also provides further bonus to regen. Legs do not conflict with other midcast pieces. Head/Feet are nice but head conflicts with Arbatel Bonnet for Regen (you have to choose wether you want Regen potency from Bonnet or Duration from Telchine) and Feet conflict with Academic Loafers +1 for Stormsurge augmentation during Stormspells (which arguably matters only for Ice/Dark weather tbf)
Hands conflict with Arbatel Hands+1, which is always gonna be your choice if you're using perpetuance, so they come on bottom of the list when it's about priority on what-to-augment-first.

Hope that helped you a bit on your adventures ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanta
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tanta
By Lakshmi.Tanta 2016-08-26 10:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious if anyone can answer this, but I am going to test this later today (when I get off work)... but are loot pools in Skirmish and Alluvion Skirmish locked to parties or are they zone wide (like Einherjar)?

I am having an issue with Rala Alluvion Skirmish (I want to farm some stones and some weapons) but because of a mob that can charm and I keep having an issue because an NM charms and slowly starts wrecking face.

My solution to this was possibly having two different parties after I enter and after my main gets charmed and I lose all of my trusts I was going to engage w/ my mule and have her continue fighting w/ her trusts because the NM would turn back yellow.

Thoughts?
By zaxtiss 2016-08-26 17:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok does anyone know all the stepos to be able to make AF reforge? the BG wikis ays you need the warriors path mission to make AF / relic but that Bs cuz one of my alts can make all 3 but on can only make empy an relic any help would be nice ^^. PS. both my mules are 2 chapters away from that mission an there both on the same mission in CoP so idk what to do
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-26 19:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone else got random buffs like this? I was getting them on bst for a while. RR and Stoneskin mainly. They would show up for what seemed like no reason and never had a timer.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-08-26 20:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They're from stuff like WKR, where you get those Reive unity bonuses. They last incredibly long and don't wear off when you enter BCs for some reason.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-26 21:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner's 1 hour with Cait Sith called Altana's Favor will give a reraise effect that never wears also, even when zoning into bcnms. If you change jobs or subjobs though, it falls off along with everything else.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-08-28 17:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the quickest and cheapest way to get clothcraft to 70 now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2016-08-28 17:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
They're from stuff like WKR, where you get those Reive unity bonuses. They last incredibly long and don't wear off when you enter BCs for some reason.

WKR stoneskin stays after entering salvage too not just BCs iirc, pretty sure I remember getting through a few floors with the stoneskin symbol still visible on THF/DNC.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-08-29 00:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one use Displacers for Provenance Watcher and the Radiance fights? Can I use the displacers for the first time beating PW or is it only after that? Proving to be a tough nm to duo
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-08-29 00:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you can use displacers from your first time. If I recall, you just trade them to the rift at the entrance and it'll give you the standard options to use it when you start the fight.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-29 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
ok does anyone know all the stepos to be able to make AF reforge? the BG wikis ays you need the warriors path mission to make AF / relic but that Bs cuz one of my alts can make all 3 but on can only make empy an relic any help would be nice ^^. PS. both my mules are 2 chapters away from that mission an there both on the same mission in CoP so idk what to do

You need limbus access, that is all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-08-29 10:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »

Have you talked to Sagheera on the mule without Artifact Armor access? You need to specifically talk to her about Artifact Restoration. I made this mistake on a second account also. I only talked to her about Relic Restoration initially. You have to do both.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-31 19:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My voidwatch drops..
By aeonova 2016-09-04 01:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the dat file name / location of the music that plays when you're on a mount? It's... really bad after a while (and Sunbreeze Festival got old too, but I found that file path). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-09-04 05:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

aeonova said: »
Anyone know the dat file name / location of the music that plays when you're on a mount? It's... really bad after a while (and Sunbreeze Festival got old too, but I found that file path). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Wow, there are still people who play with sounds... you learn something new everyday :D

The path for mount music is sound2/win/music/data/music212.bgw
By aeonova 2016-09-04 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Changing that to something else didn't seem to help. Thanks though.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-09-04 16:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Changing that to something else didn't seem to help. Thanks though.

212 is the dash de chocobo music

I think 84 was mounts
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-04 16:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Wow, there are still people who play with sounds... you learn something new everyday :D

music212 is the Chocobo song. The mount song is sound/win/music/data/music084.bgw

Full list of song files here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49467/full-bgw-list-for-ffxi-music-modding-questions#3155494
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-09-05 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way that one of your pets in Monster Rearing could drop down in stars because it's upset at you? I traded evolution food to my pequetender and it squirmed, however when I rezoned its size didn't change, just its star count.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-05 10:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If it went from 2 1/2 to 3 stars, to 0 stars it evolved. Regardless of appearance. Pequetender and Sabotender look pretty much the same
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-09-05 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

music212 is the Chocobo song. The mount song is sound/win/music/data/music084.bgw

Full list of song files here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49467/full-bgw-list-for-ffxi-music-modding-questions#3155494

oops, thought they used the same bgm.
First Page 2 3 ... 455 456 457 ... 831 832 833