Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 454 455 456 ... 831 832 833
By Afania 2016-08-14 19:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not a question, but there isn't really a "random facts" thread on this forum, so I guess I can share it here for people that may not have known. I wasn't aware of this until yesterday, so figured there would be others that would like this information.

While CPing on WAR I learned that you can perform a 3-step Radiance with AM1 prior to the final closing WS if the Radiance WS is used at over 2000 TP. For example, 1000TP Upheaval > Frag WS (Light) > 2000TP Upheaval (Radiance). You'll get an "AM2/3 effects wears off" after closing, so I guess the SC requirement part of the aftermath is applied before the WS like the SC damage portion. Pretty convenient if coordinating SCs between 2 people as you're more than likely to end up with over 2000 TP while waiting for your partner to close the middle WS. Makes Aeonics a tad more attractive than they seemed to me originally.

Aeonics has been underrated on the first day, mostly because people don't consider sc dmg when rating them, on top of trying to find an excuse not to lv blm. Everytime when I hear people talk about it in game the only response I ever heard was "these weapons suck anyways".
 Shiva.Eldelphia
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-16 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have come back to the game recently. I'm wondering at what point it's worth continuing on my empy weapon(s) to get weaponskills or whether it's easier to go the WoE method. I have an 80 and an 85 Empy (have some items for the 80)

Is Wildfire still worth it for COR?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-08-16 10:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldelphia said: »
I have come back to the game recently. I'm wondering at what point it's worth continuing on my empy weapon(s) to get weaponskills or whether it's easier to go the WoE method. I have an 80 and an 85 Empy (have some items for the 80)

Yep, still worth it. Farming KI's can be a pain in the butt, if you find you're having an easier time in WoE, then I would recommend that.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2016-08-16 11:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a few options.

Less money, lots of time: upgrade your Empy weapon to 90, unlock weaponskill.

Some money, a bit less time: build a WoE weapon from scratch (NQ weapon, all NM + VNM trials) and pay a reduced amount of coins/die/residue from the original cost.

Decent money, no time: get a -1 weapon from the box, pay the original coin/die/residue fee, unlock the weaponskill right away.

It's worth noting that pouches of coins/die/residue are currently available from the login campaign. If you don't have a ton of points saved up, or mules to grab sacks from, they're fairly cheap as other people are converting points and selling.

And for what it's worth, I'm using Leaden Salute a lot more than WF on Cor (still unlocked it, tho), but I'm mostly just a rolls/RD/WC position when I'm on that job.

Cheers!
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-16 12:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay the third option I don't know anything about. I assume you need everything up front?
 Odin.Gimpers
Server: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-08-16 12:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It works just like the other Trial weapons. The 3rd option just requires no killing of NMs and more Liminal Residue and Devious Die. From scratch to lvl 99 weapon with the Empyrean WS, you need 30 coins (which coind depends on the WS)/100 devious die/100 liminal residue. Each item has its own trial.

After you have the 99 weapon with the WS, go to WoE and follow this quest.

So, if you have enough gil, and there is supply of coins/die/residue in bazaars, you can have the WS unlocked in minutes.
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-17 04:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How tough is WoE now? I see there are Surged confluxes. I had a decently geared SMN before I left and have picked up some upgrades. Is it ever done? Could I solo?
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-08-17 04:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the WoE are soloable with trusts before they go surged. When you enter it will tell you an Content Level/iLevel of the Walk.

If some are surged you can yell in towns and people will probably come do them for drops and coins. There are also monthly campgains where all walks are surged and lots of ppl do then.
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-17 11:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any adjustments to the Aht Urghan Beastmen Generals? (Since 2013!)
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-08-17 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any adjustments to the Aht Urghan Beastmen Generals? (Since 2013!)
I believe they still disappear when their relevant besieged force advances, but the respawn time was reduced somewhat dramatically in an update a year or so back. If memory serves the notes didn't mention anything specific, just that it was lower.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-17 12:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure they're 2h respawn now
By Morihei 2016-08-18 14:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the drop rate is like for the Eabani Earring from Azi Dahaka? It's appealing, but appallingly hard to get a group together for multiple runs.
By minikomby 2016-08-18 20:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what is better for Unpheavel great axe weapon skill for my Cape

VIT +30
acc+20/attack+20
DA +10

or Vit +30
acc+20/attack +20
weapon skill dmg +10?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 01:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Burst Nuking on GEO:

1) Mab+12, Mcrit+5%
vs
2) Macc+2, INT+14
3) Macc+7, INT+12
4) Macc+2, Mab+4, INT+8

Which of these 4 options is gonna win?
Of course different targets, different buffs => different outcome
But I'm clearly talking in general.
By Bahadir 2016-08-19 03:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How tough is WoE now? I see there are Surged confluxes. I had a decently geared SMN before I left and have picked up some upgrades. Is it ever done? Could I solo?
It might be hard to find "many" ppl for it but usually every now and then you find ppl inside as prices for currency from in there went up.
In general, however, at least with trusts I think all surged walks are soloable (with decent 119 gear). Did a few on Nin. Pretty sure Smn can do some of them as well. But its much faster with more ppl and some are a bit luck based. I remember running around for ages in #13 to find that damn last harpy -_-
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-19 03:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. All really helpful. Might go poke WoE this weekend.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-19 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any more info on the 'unity information' that you see in your menu? Ranking/partial ranking/ personal? is there a cap for points?

BG section said This individual evaluation is calculated at the rate of one point per 1,000 accolades. But thats about all i found.
By Draylo 2016-08-21 23:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Nexus Cape broken for anyone? I tried to use it and it took the charge but did nothing.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-21 23:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have visited the zone before. Not sure if that's the issue or not.
By Draylo 2016-08-22 00:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No, of course not. If that was the case it wouldn't let me use the charge at all. This used the cape, as in reset the timer, and nothing happened at all. My mule had been to glacier before and nothing happened.
By Sidiov 2016-08-22 01:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
No, of course not. If that was the case it wouldn't let me use the charge at all. This used the cape, as in reset the timer, and nothing happened at all. My mule had been to glacier before and nothing happened.
I had the exact same thing happen prior to last update when I was trying togo to Xarc. I hadnt tried since then, but it appears there is something wrong (not sure if its a gearswap thing or a vanilla thing)
By Bahadir 2016-08-22 03:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They added chocobo digging there (Xarc + Glacier), didnt they? Have you been there with the mule after that change? Maybe that broke something...
 Shiva.Eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2016-08-22 03:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see shouts for job point parties and people talk about Apex mobs. Where/what are these?

Where are the usual CP parties held? (I want to make sure I have access/know how to get there).

Also a friend mentioned that WHM in his party pulled. Is this usual? I need a crap load of points and want to know what I'm signing up to
By Pantafernando 2016-08-22 03:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Is Nexus Cape broken for anyone? I tried to use it and it took the charge but did nothing.

Last i tried (maybe a few weeks ago) it was the same. Its broken.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-22 03:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I see shouts for job point parties and people talk about Apex mobs. Where/what are these?

Where are the usual CP parties held? (I want to make sure I have access/know how to get there).

Also a friend mentioned that WHM in his party pulled. Is this usual? I need a crap load of points and want to know what I'm signing up to

Apex mobs are the highest cp/kill you can find currently if you can kill them quickly (numbers dont matter as those varies greatly with gifts but its the optimal, and thats all that matter). During campaign with all gifts and bonuses youre talking about ~20k at start and getting close to the cap when you go over chain 30. That in Woh gates. Dho gates is slightly worse, and Sih/Moh a bit worse.

Apex are high lv, ~123 in Sih/Moh gates, ~128 in Dho and ~130 in Woh. As such, you need high accuracy/macc and strong mab/mburst set to deal over 100k hp in short interval.

The usual in cp party is sch/blm/geo till you can kill the mob in a single turn, then <insert your job here> to create a skillchain for burst. I dont see any problem with whm pulling, as i dont see any problem with any job doing as suposelly the mob will die fast. And whm is a beast tanking with cureskin even with under 119 gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-22 21:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The last popular camps before Apex mobs were large bats in Woh Gates Map 2 (entered from the ??? thingy in Marjami Ravine G-10) which are located in the southwestern-most corner of the map and bunnies/worms in Woh Gates map 1 (entered from the entrance closest to Kamihr FS warp; the bunnies and worms will be the first mobs you see upon entering) which give more CP per kill, but can be a bit more annoying due to paralyze from the bunnies.

Edit: I don't actually know if the bunny/worm location is correct since that area might have been invaded by Apex mobs. "Back" areas were unaffected, though, so those bats are definitely still in that location.

Simply doing Reisenjima fodder is also an option. Don't know how much CP per mob they give compared to the above 2 enemies, though.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-22 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kaitaru there is some great places to take trusts to non apex camps like escha Ruan, or Zitah
Or twilight bats at Doh gates using I think marjimar way point 3 or 4 to enter into. There is a lot of diffrent Adoulin camps to try out. I hope this helps you
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-22 21:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
The last popular camps before Apex mobs were large bats in Woh Gates Map 2 (entered from the ??? thingy in Marjami Ravine G-10) which are located in the southwestern-most corner of the map and bunnies/worms in Woh Gates map 1 (entered from the entrance closest to Kamihr FS warp; the bunnies and worms will be the first mobs you see upon entering) which give more CP per kill, but can be a bit more annoying due to paralyze from the bunnies.

Simply doing Reisenjima fodder is also an option. Don't know how much CP per mob they give compared to the above 2 enemies, though.

I can't believe I forgot reisenjima this is also another great place.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-22 21:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think apex is the best and way above the others. Second to that i would say cleave camps 109 (zitah)/119 (ruaun or reisen). Then i would say the lv124 camps like worm/rabbits in woh gates. Iirc, per kill a 109 mob will net around 400 cp, reisen will net 800 cp and woh worm/rabbits will be around 1000. Woh gates problem, though, would be that the mobs arent close to each other so you will lose some time running. It isnt large walk but it does a difference when your chain is 30+. Considering you can farm silts/beads in escha zone while cping i think the later is best option, aside the fast respawn and that the mobs are very close.
First Page 2 3 ... 454 455 456 ... 831 832 833