Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 451 452 453 ... 834 835 836
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-27 20:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on what I recall about Ageha being somewhat inconsistent, there's probably a given chance to proc depending on TP and it checks macc for land/half resist/full resist if you get the proc. Kasha's procrate is fixed since it's damage varies with TP, though I'm not sure if it always procs or not off hand.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-27 21:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Based on what I recall about Ageha being somewhat inconsistent, there's probably a given chance to proc depending on TP and it checks macc for land/half resist/full resist if you get the proc. Kasha's procrate is fixed since it's damage varies with TP, though I'm not sure if it always procs or not off hand.
I would be more inclined to believe that TP provides a magic accuracy bonus for the status, like how some TP provides accuracy bonuses for some WSs. Unless it's completely different, my experience with Shockwave leads me to think it's more like Violent Flourish, simply checking accuracy and then magic accuracy.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-28 03:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have experience consistently getting rid of Yakshi's aura? BG claims light weapon skills will proc it in a few tries similar to Neak, but we tried doing a Melee Yakshi setup for shits and gigs which went fine until Cordon of Apathy went up around 60%. We spammed Seraph Blade a good ~8 times but had no luck removing it. Do the WSs have to do a certain amount of damage or something? Our SBs were doing less than 100.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-28 03:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Anyone have experience consistently getting rid of Yakshi's aura?

The only thing i noticed is that SCH Fusion skillchains have a chance to remove the aura. Could be something like light dmg while casting or starting TP-moves...
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-28 05:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well went out on mages and did 3 volleys of Fusions and Holy/Luminohelix/Lunge MBs and still nothing for us. Kinda lame if the proc is just a random low chance when fulfilling the requirements.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-28 05:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it only happened 2 or 3 times in like 10 NMs but i am pretty sure the blue proc came with the skillchain and not with any of the bursted spells.
 Asura.Iuno
Server: Asura
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-28 05:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

playing around with blu to level with a noob friend, and i was curious, is there some kind of chat filter blocking out when i learn a spell?

ive somehow acquired 4 of them without knowledge that i did, until i actively looked in the menu to set some.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-28 05:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »
it only happened 2 or 3 times in like 10 NMs but i am pretty sure the blue proc came with the skillchain and not with any of the bursted spells.
We've only had it happen 2 or 3 times as well over a few dozen. Will try closing Light with Trueflight or something next time I get people to go mess around a bit. Everyone's asleep now. :[
 Asura.Aikoneko
Server: Asura
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2016-07-28 06:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Asura.Aikoneko said: »
Want to link my Character profile to my account, but the LS community has been gone for quite a bit. Is there any other way to link the account for updates? I have Guildwork, but don't remember how to link the character on there either. Anyone who might have an answer? :)

If you're just talking about verifying your character on FFXIAH, you need to select "Verify" under the member's menu and follow the steps it asks you to do (it'll probably tell you to buy a crystal for a specific number of gil on the AH).

If you're talking about linking your character so that your gear, levels etc updates, you need to run the game through Windower with the Guildwork plug-in installed. Once in-game, login by typing "/gw login <email> <password>". It should check to see if your current character is on GW; if not, it should prompt you to then type "/gw flush --add" which will add your character to guildwork. Normally, if your character is already linked, you just type "/gw flush" to force-update your info. (I don't think the plug-in is able to update anyone's mission or title info however; that was lost when the LSC site went down).

There may also be another step to link your Guildwork account to your FFXIAH account if you've never done this, but I don't know/remember what it is/was.

Further reading.

Just wanted to say thanks so much! Worked perfectly. :)
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2016-07-28 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried looking up an answer but I'm not finding what I've got wrong in this lua. Can't get either of my movement speed feets for ninja to equip when switching to idle (from engaged, for example).

Here's the relevant text/example. I can paste more if need be.

Part of my Nin.lua
Code
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('Normal', 'Acc')
    state.HybridMode:options('Normal', 'Evasion', 'PDT')
    state.WeaponskillMode:options('Normal', 'Acc', 'Mod')
    state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant')
    state.PhysicalDefenseMode:options('PDT', 'Evasion')

gear.MovementFeet = {name="Danzo Sune-ate"}
    gear.DayFeet = "Danzo Sune-ate"
    gear.NightFeet = "Ninja Kyahan"

select_movement_feet()
    select_default_macro_book()
end

function select_movement_feet()
    if world.time >= 17*60 or world.time < 7*60 then
        gear.MovementFeet.name = gear.NightFeet
    else
        gear.MovementFeet.name = gear.DayFeet
    end
end

Part of my Nin_Gear.lua
Code
sets.idle = {
        head="Arh. Jinpachi +1",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Merman's Earring",ear2="Merman's Earring",
        body="Arhat's Gi +1",hands="Herculean Gloves",ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Dark Ring",
        back="Iximulew Cape",waist="Resolute Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet=gear.MovementFeet}
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-07-29 13:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the addon/plugin that allows you to copy the chat text so you can get it translated?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-07-29 19:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quintow said: »
I've tried looking up an answer but I'm not finding what I've got wrong in this lua. Can't get either of my movement speed feets for ninja to equip when switching to idle (from engaged, for example).

Here's the relevant text/example. I can paste more if need be.

Part of my Nin.lua
Code
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('Normal', 'Acc')
    state.HybridMode:options('Normal', 'Evasion', 'PDT')
    state.WeaponskillMode:options('Normal', 'Acc', 'Mod')
    state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant')
    state.PhysicalDefenseMode:options('PDT', 'Evasion')

gear.MovementFeet = {name="Danzo Sune-ate"}
    gear.DayFeet = "Danzo Sune-ate"
    gear.NightFeet = "Ninja Kyahan"

select_movement_feet()
    select_default_macro_book()
end

function select_movement_feet()
    if world.time >= 17*60 or world.time < 7*60 then
        gear.MovementFeet.name = gear.NightFeet
    else
        gear.MovementFeet.name = gear.DayFeet
    end
end

Part of my Nin_Gear.lua
Code
sets.idle = {
        head="Arh. Jinpachi +1",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Merman's Earring",ear2="Merman's Earring",
        body="Arhat's Gi +1",hands="Herculean Gloves",ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Dark Ring",
        back="Iximulew Cape",waist="Resolute Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet=gear.MovementFeet}

First, are you loading all your sets inside of the init_gear_sets() function in your sidecar file?

If so, can you then use //gs showswaps to tell me what it is equipping when changing to idle, if anything? Are you saying it's working when you stay idle through an action, but only not when changing status?
By Raiune 2016-07-30 00:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Are some trusts not suppose to be using their WS at all if they aren't a certain level? I am around 40ish right now and Zeid II and Tenzen II sit on 3000% tp the whole time instead of using ws. Is there a level requirement for them to start using their ws?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-07-30 02:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Raiune said: »
Are some trusts not suppose to be using their WS at all if they aren't a certain level? I am around 40ish right now and Zeid II and Tenzen II sit on 3000% tp the whole time instead of using ws. Is there a level requirement for them to start using their ws?

That's likely the case. Zeid II only uses Ground Strike.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-30 02:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Raiune said: »

I believe those two like most will close your weaponskill. Unlike Ayame the samurai she will start to open after you use your first ws.

I loved Tenzen 2 when I was farming KI'S in abyssea when some NM only take ranged dmg he rocks
By Pantafernando 2016-07-30 06:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

For the 10.000 REM mat upgrade, does Oboro keep my weapon till i trade all the items or can i give him the mats as i collect them?

Thanks in advance.
By Tylaar 2016-07-30 07:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

For the 10.000 REM mat upgrade, does Oboro keep my weapon till i trade all the items or can i give him the mats as i collect them?

Thanks in advance.

You get to hold the weapon and can gradually trade the stones as you go.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2016-07-30 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
First, are you loading all your sets inside of the init_gear_sets() function in your sidecar file?

If so, can you then use //gs showswaps to tell me what it is equipping when changing to idle, if anything? Are you saying it's working when you stay idle through an action, but only not when changing status?

Yes, I'm using the side-car file to load all my gearsets. When I switch to idle everything works except the feet. I can't get the movespeed feet to equip ever, using this file as it is.
By minikomby 2016-07-31 23:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys

anyone could tell me what is the comand on gearswap to see what equipment you get on X set???

on spellcast was something like this /sc set Tp

im looking for a comand similar to now on gearswap
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-31 23:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs equip setname

For example, //gs equip sets.TP.HighHaste

The command is case-sensitive.
 Carbuncle.Ricekid
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ricekid 2016-08-01 00:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any use for Crystalline, Kupo, Shantotto addon gear nowdays?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-01 01:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ricekid said: »

Head for GEO pet DT- for out of range support (idk about BST, might be obselete).
Body for COR quick draw recast- and fast cast
Legs for BST ready recast- and movement speed+8
By minikomby 2016-08-01 08:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
/gs equip setname

For example, //gs equip sets.TP.HighHaste

The command is case-sensitive.

Thanks a lot
By Afania 2016-08-01 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Carbuncle.Ricekid said: »

Head for GEO pet DT- for out of range support (idk about BST, might br obselete).
Body for COR quick draw recast- and fast cast
Legs for BST ready recast- and movement speed+8

Legs for phantom roll recast as well.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-01 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

heads a fillin piece at best, even if idris is out of the picture you can cap dt with higher regen using other gear that's suitable to idle in aoe as well
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-01 15:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
heads a fillin piece at best, even if idris is out of the picture you can cap dt with higher regen using other gear that's suitable to idle in aoe as well

true... if you accept the risk of spending thousands of stones.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-01 15:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

thousands is a pretty huge exaggeration, unless you're supremely unlucky a single set doesn't even cost 1000.. more like 200-300
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-08-02 13:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the NQ Carmine set get the Acc bonus? It's written on the feet and not the other items
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-08-02 14:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
Does the NQ Carmine set get the Acc bonus? It's written on the feet and not the other items

no the NQ does not offer set bonuses, that was mistranslated in
By minikomby 2016-08-03 12:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys

is possible to have 2 Arktoi axes?

npc isnt letting me to make second one :/
First Page 2 3 ... 451 452 453 ... 834 835 836