Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 450 451 452 ... 836 837 838
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-22 11:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried googling for this, but is it possible to bind a key (through any means, Windows, some program) to tab to a window without pressing alt+tab?

I want to be able to switch windows without switching targets, though that's probably obvious.
By Verda 2016-07-22 12:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do fomor share the same piercing damage resistance as other undead?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-22 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Is there a cap to weaponskill damage+ stat?

Thanks in advance.
Probably, but to my knowledge we can't actually hit that cap.

Verda said: »
No. Only three families of undead have innate piercing resistance to my knowledge: skeletons, ghosts, and corses.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-22 15:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question I bet no one knows the answer to.

Do Bibiki Urchin behave like fish with the "something caught the hook" message, or like items and cobalt jellyfish with the "pulling the line" message?

Yes I know they are very rare. Yes I know I don't need to catch them for the prerequisite "Fish Favors the Bold" 100 different fish. Yes I know you have to be on the docks in Purgonorgo Isle to catch them.

(I don't know why the FFXI wiki says Cobalt Jellyfish are a single exclamation point fish; I always get the "pulling the line" message with them).
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-07-22 15:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I tried googling for this, but is it possible to bind a key (through any means, Windows, some program) to tab to a window without pressing alt+tab?

I want to be able to switch windows without switching targets, though that's probably obvious.

Nothing that I'm aware of, but you can stop the target changing by binding something over Alt+Tab like bind !tab alttab in your init.txt script and then leaving alttab as an undefined alias.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Is there a cap to weaponskill damage+ stat?

Thanks in advance.
Probably, but to my knowledge we can't actually hit that cap.

Matter of fact, SE said there wasn't a cap a few months ago.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Verda said: »
No. Only three families of undead have innate piercing resistance to my knowledge: skeletons, ghosts, and corses.

Naraka also, should be about the same as skeletons and corses.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-22 17:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Do Bibiki Urchin behave like fish with the "something caught the hook" message, or like items and cobalt jellyfish with the "pulling the line" message?
It's a single !
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-24 19:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone seen fast cast+6 on herculean(magic) with fern personally? That's what bg-wiki says it caps at, but after 1200 fern stones I'm starting to question if it could have been an error. Did try to find confirmation on forums before posting.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-07-24 19:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a pair of herculean gloves with fast cast 6 from fern, so it's possible. I've been trying for helm with 6 fc and not having much luck.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-24 19:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I have it on my head at the moment.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-24 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, doesn't surprise me just wanted some verification before I dumped my entire stock looking for something that came out of a dark matter.
By Afania 2016-07-25 13:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on phalanx set for my RUN COR BLU RDM, what's the best way to get them besides DM campaign? I remember taeon set has the augment which happened to work on all above jobs, just wondering if A. Skirmish is soloable?

Can anyone list some phalanx gears besides RUN AF2 head?
By Faelar 2016-07-25 13:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
just wondering if A. Skirmish is soloable?

Yes. Very easily. Faster/more fun with help/friends though!

Best place for this info is the Job Guide Threads here on the forum.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-25 15:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Afania 2016-07-25 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Thanks for the list, didn't know taeon cap at 3, guess DM augment is still the way to go :(
By Raiune 2016-07-26 02:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys had a question if any of you could answer. Came back to the game with group of friends and have been having fun getting to 99 from scratch, we are nearing 99 and decided maybe we want to do a bunch of endgame stuff at 99. However we needed a tank and was curious about how tanks are at 99.

I know it's either RUN or PLD but is RUN viable for a new account and still able to tank? Or should I be leveling PLD? I don't know too much about RUN and even went to gear it and realized it doesn't use heavy armor like PLD.

Just curious what your thoughts are on which tank would be best for a new account.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-26 02:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They both require a lot of gear to be functional for tanking.
When you reach this minimum threshold PLD is probably easier to play and to adapt to different situations, whereas RUN might require a bit more attention but it's perfectly viable.
Kinda depends what you're trying to tank.

Not sure if it would be easier to reach that minimum threshold on RUN or PLD to be honest, both gonna require a lot of work.
RUN would also require you Vagary wins to be able to upgrade Empyrean armor to 119, some pieces of which are kinda "required" for tanking. RUN doesn't get many valid 119 tanking options other than Empyrean ones.
I mean it does, but from that regard PLD likely has a wider choice.
Also RUN gonna require you to get "Aettir" and augment it. PLD, supposing Aegis and Ochain are out of your range, would likely require at least a Priwen instead.
[+]
By Raiune 2016-07-26 02:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They both require a lot of gear to be functional for tanking.
When you reach this minimum threshold PLD is probably easier to play and to adapt to different situations, whereas RUN might require a bit more attention but it's perfectly viable.
Kinda depends what you're trying to tank.

Not sure if it would be easier to reach that minimum threshold on RUN or PLD to be honest, both gonna require a lot of work.
RUN would also require you Vagary wins to be able to upgrade Empyrean armor to 119, some pieces of which are kinda "required" for tanking. RUN doesn't get many valid 119 tanking options other than Empyrean ones.
I mean it does, but from that regard PLD likely has a wider choice.
Also RUN gonna require you to get "Aettir" and augment it. PLD, supposing Aegis and Ochain are out of your range, would likely require at least a Priwen instead.

Thanks for the info. I came back and played a little bit of FFXI back when they made dynamis farmable once a day. Now I see you can do it as much as possible, Aegis not looking as grim as it was. Guess I might stick with PLD and then play RUN on the side when I get gear. It looks interesting and fun. I haven't looked too much into 99 stuff so I have no idea if getting Aettir and augmenting would be more work than farming a relic. If it is much tougher to break into RUN guess I'll probably start with PLD then.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-26 03:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a work of passion when seeking relic, empy, mythic, bayld, escha ultimate weapons. But by no means are you required to have them to complete endgame content. There is plenty of other viable alternatives that can lead you to success that SE has given the player base to be able to openly experience the content with open minded people seeking adventure. I can tell you got the drive go have fun !
[+]
By Raiune 2016-07-26 03:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
It's a work of passion when seeking relic, empy, mythic, bayld, escha ultimate weapons. But by no means are you required to have them to complete endgame content. There is plenty of other viable alternatives that can lead you to success that SE has given the player base to be able to openly experience the content with open minded people seeking adventure. I can tell you got the drive go have fun !

Yeah definitely not as bad as it was before but still looks like it requires a lot of work (talking about relics, I am sure the other stuff even take longer). I have a question though, is it possible for my newly leveled group to get the 119 gear we need if I was RUN tanking? Or will it make it pretty difficult? I think we will have a full group of 6 to have fun with so not too worried about not having enough people, just curious how disastrous it would be with me on RUN compared to PLD trying to get us geared up.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-26 03:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Raiune said: »

Yeah definitely not as bad as it was before but still looks like it requires a lot of work (talking about relics, I am sure the other stuff even take longer). I have a question though, is it possible for my newly leveled group to get the 119 gear we need if I was RUN tanking? Or will it make it pretty difficult? I think we will have a full group of 6 to have fun with so not too worried about not having enough people, just curious how disastrous it would be with me on RUN compared to PLD trying to get us geared up.

It should not be disastrous. I suggest you start with the sacred crest battle fields to upgrade your af, relic, empy gear getting your needed chapters for each peice.

Your group can also to the vast High Level Merit Battlefields as well. You can adjust the difficulty to your groups comfort level and increase it as you get stronger.

You can also do Delve as well with 6.

You can also do Escha Zitah and Ruan tear 1s getting more 119 gear to make you stronger.
[+]
 Asura.Aikoneko
Server: Asura
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2016-07-26 03:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to link my Character profile to my account, but the LS community has been gone for quite a bit. Is there any other way to link the account for updates? I have Guildwork, but don't remember how to link the character on there either. Anyone who might have an answer? :)
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-26 05:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It should not be disastrous. I suggest you start with the sacred crest battle fields to upgrade your af, relic, empy gear getting your needed chapters for each peice.

Your group can also to the vast High Level Merit Battlefields as well. You can adjust the difficulty to your groups comfort level and increase it as you get stronger.

You can also do Escha Zitah and Ruan tear 1s getting more 119 gear to make you stronger.
I forgot to mention your group can also do Ambuscade to score some 119 armor and also another way to make gil. You can change the difficulty level to fit your groups comfort level here as well. Go forth and kick some *** matey !!!!
[+]
By Raiune 2016-07-26 05:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to mention your group can also do Ambuscade to score some 119 armor and also another way to make gil. You can change the difficulty level to fit your groups comfort level here as well. Go forth and kick some *** matey !!!!
Awesome, thanks for the help and will do!
By Pantafernando 2016-07-27 06:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately i noticed paralysis from tachi: kasha has been working fine on some monster i fight.

So, i would like to ask if defense down from tachi: ageha is landing without much issues on ilv mobs.

Thanks in advance.
By kaelthas1337 2016-07-27 15:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the cap for Double Attack? Couldn't find anything on ff/bg wiki's
By Afania 2016-07-27 15:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kaelthas1337 said: »
Does anyone know the cap for Double Attack? Couldn't find anything on ff/bg wiki's

100% I think.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-27 15:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikoneko said: »
Want to link my Character profile to my account, but the LS community has been gone for quite a bit. Is there any other way to link the account for updates? I have Guildwork, but don't remember how to link the character on there either. Anyone who might have an answer? :)

If you're just talking about verifying your character on FFXIAH, you need to select "Verify" under the member's menu and follow the steps it asks you to do (it'll probably tell you to buy a crystal for a specific number of gil on the AH).

If you're talking about linking your character so that your gear, levels etc updates, you need to run the game through Windower with the Guildwork plug-in installed. Once in-game, login by typing "/gw login <email> <password>". It should check to see if your current character is on GW; if not, it should prompt you to then type "/gw flush --add" which will add your character to guildwork. Normally, if your character is already linked, you just type "/gw flush" to force-update your info. (I don't think the plug-in is able to update anyone's mission or title info however; that was lost when the LSC site went down).

There may also be another step to link your Guildwork account to your FFXIAH account if you've never done this, but I don't know/remember what it is/was.

Further reading.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-27 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately i noticed paralysis from tachi: kasha has been working fine on some monster i fight.

So, i would like to ask if defense down from tachi: ageha is landing without much issues on ilv mobs.

Thanks in advance.
I've noticed that newer enemies are very rarely 100% immune to statuses, though they may have crazy high magic evasion/resistance. I've actually slept Ouryu VD and Quetzalcoatl with Shockwave. Defense Down is wind-based, so you'll have difficulty landing that added effect on most enemies with high wind resistance (generally ice or wind-based things).

If you do want to land it more often, make sure to equip accuracy and magic accuracy gear when you use the WS. I speculate that WS Accuracy may also contribute, but who knows. Lowering the enemy's resistance to the associated element (Threnody, Ninjutsu) or overall magic evasion (Frazzle, Geo-Languor) will also help.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 450 451 452 ... 836 837 838