Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449 ... 831 832 833
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-17 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep your points, and you keep your KIs. Never tried to switch more than once in a day for GP, so I am not completely sure. You do have to wait until the next day to turn in GP for the next guild.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-06-17 11:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
You keep your points, and you keep your KIs. Never tried to switch more than once in a day for GP, so I am not completely sure. You do have to wait until the next day to turn in GP for the next guild.

Thanks
 Carbuncle.Ricekid
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ricekid 2016-06-22 05:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok random question, returning to xi, have delve gear what is first step to get caught up? I heard about reforged af how do i farm som e sparks
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-22 06:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Records of Eminence quests.
I think you'll have all the basic ones that most people finished forever ago. So you'll be getting the 3x boon from all the first completions as well as all the special rewards from it.

Just make sure you watch your total sparks when you're setting all the mission and job level RoEs, as you'll likely have a bunch to clear of those already done. Don't want to waste sparks.

Also: skip the garbage spark armor, if you're at 113 Delve stuff with 119 boss drops, head on over to the Peacekeeper's Coalition and buy w/e 117 Bayld gear.
Spark weapons are great. But the armor is terribad. Just skip that nonsense and spend the Bayld you already have.

Also: be sure to complete all the Basic tutorial quests, as they open up the intermediate ones. (Which give you free spark, coalition, and WKR gear... As well as a full set of Rem's Tales. Though that one's for completing an Ambuscade, so you may need to be the load for a run of that... Or wait until you're better. Or be WHM.)
By Pantafernando 2016-06-23 05:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Whats the current best way to powerlevel a char?

Thanks in advance.
By geigei 2016-06-23 05:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha zitah #2, beg someone who aoe dragons.
[+]
By Morihei 2016-06-23 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm looking 2 years down the line when I have a plutoned relic axe and the Aeonic axe, because I'm at work, dreaming of FFXI.

Someone tell me if I'm talking crazy, but I think I can solo an Umbra SC on BST. Onslaught (or Primal Rend) (then reverse flourish)-> Tegamina for Darkness. Then tack an Aeonic Ruinator on the end of it for Umbra.

Do you still get the Ultimate SC properties if it's off-hand?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-23 10:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
Do you still get the Ultimate SC properties if it's off-hand?
No. Aftermath is mainhand only for all RMEA weapons, and in most cases said weapons are treated as having no stats other than damage/delay when offhanded. The exceptions are empyreans (retain their stat bonuses, such as Almace's DEX) and aeonics (retain their Store TP+10, but the TP Bonus+500 does not work from the offhand). Furthermore, Ruinator does not actually gain the property of umbra. Aeonic AM simply grants subsequent merit weaponskills a T3 property (darkness in this case) and upgrades a double light/darkness skillchain to radiance/umbra if you've executed a sufficiently long skillchain for whichever level of aftermath is active. You could thus close umbra with either Ruinator or Cloudsplitter, but not Onslaught since that requires mainhanding Guttler.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Aeonic_Aftermath
 Carbuncle.Ricekid
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ricekid 2016-06-23 21:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok got caught up a little since i came back to xi. I heard there are revamp Ark angels battle and other CoP battles, do those have any good rewards? Also what are some staple or pretty useful trust to get? thanks
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-06-24 15:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For Geas Fete, does mob HP start to scale upwards at 3 players or 4?
By Afania 2016-06-24 15:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-24 16:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Attempting to ask the moderator or anyone in general a question:

Discussing price of someone selling a item in a thread is wrong?
Providing a tip to bring the item to sell in asura is wrong?
Wondering about who the buyer is , is wrong?

If what I said is considered wrong it won't be repeated. There's very little good ffxi threads on ffxiah popping up therefore there's very little opportunity for me to chat about a game I love. I certainly have no rl friends that plays this game to chat with.
By Afania 2016-06-24 16:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Attempting to ask the moderator or anyone in general a question:

Discussing price of someone selling a item in a thread is wrong?
Providing a tip to bring the item to sell in asura is wrong?
Wondering about who the buyer is , is wrong?

If what I said is considered wrong it won't be repeated. There's very little good ffxi threads on ffxiah popping up therefore there's very little opportunity for me to chat about a game I love. I certainly have no rl friends that plays this game to chat with.

I don't think this question belong to this thread but I'll share my opinion before it gets deleted.

Discussing the price is IMO not wrong. Attack people who buys stuff by calling them no lifer is.

Wondering who the buyer is is the same as player warning, which is against the rule.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2016-06-28 06:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

I will need to farm beitetsus soon, so i would like to ask whats the easiest D/VD HTBF that can be spammed, and what setup for that.

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-28 07:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

quite a few of them are easy, tenzen with death MB setup or avatars with melee setup are generally the fastest

of the avatars, many people prefer leviathan due to scherzo covering all tp moves but they're all pretty much the same fight length if your group is capable of staying alive so if you need other chapters it's good to rotate them

a strong melee setup can do promathia in 3-4 min as well, really it's a long *** grind especially without the event so you may as well get some variety in there and farm any drops you think you may need in the process
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-02 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever have this happen to them? I was doing some MMM to get fishing rings, but then the goblin who teleports you in didn't appear! Did I do something wrong or miss something?

By Pantafernando 2016-07-02 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

its not uncommon the game not loading correctly some stuffs. Sometimes my game dont load for exampla an abyssea maws. The last one that happened with me was the Shinryu entrance that didnt load.

When that happens, i need to go back some good distance to give the game another chance to load correctly the stuffs in game. Probably thats what happened with your gob.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-02 15:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
its not uncommon the game not loading correctly some stuffs. Sometimes my game dont load for exampla an abyssea maws. The last one that happened with me was the Shinryu entrance that didnt load.

When that happens, i need to go back some good distance to give the game another chance to load correctly the stuffs in game. Probably thats what happened with your gob.
That's strange; I've never had an experience before where the game just failed to load something like that.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-07-02 22:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For choosing a different earring from the quest A Barrel of Laughs, you can get a different one once per conquest tally, correct?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-04 16:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a compiled list of special stat (da stp etc) augment caps for reisen weapons floating around somewhere?
By Draylo 2016-07-04 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
quite a few of them are easy, tenzen with death MB setup or avatars with melee setup are generally the fastest

of the avatars, many people prefer leviathan due to scherzo covering all tp moves but they're all pretty much the same fight length if your group is capable of staying alive so if you need other chapters it's good to rotate them

They aren't all the same length for the avatars. Some of them have weird stats like Titan and Garuda are more defensive. They literally took half the damage that Levi/Ifrit normally take. I've timed them and Leviathan/Ifrit always end up faster than the other avatars.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-04 16:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Is there a compiled list of special stat (da stp etc) augment caps for reisen weapons floating around somewhere?

You mean stat available via normal stones? Or DM aug only?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-04 20:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal, but I wouldn't mind getting info on DM at some point too.
By Morihei 2016-07-06 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Does that include trusts, or just actual players?
By Afania 2016-07-06 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
Afania said: »

Does that include trusts, or just actual players?

Actual players. A lot of NM is faster to kill with 3 players and 3 trusts, slower with 6 real players.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-07-06 16:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

I will need to farm beitetsus soon, so i would like to ask whats the easiest D/VD HTBF that can be spammed, and what setup for that.

Thanks in advance.

Always found "Puppet in Peril" with a tank, GEO,SCH for SC,and a couple BLMs for a first round meteor to kill the adds then a Death burst does quite well if you have the bodies for it.

BLMs then just enter MH between runs to swap subjobs to reset Elemental Seal.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-06 16:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal favorite is Leviathan. Normal setup is RUN, GEO, BLU and then add on whatever else afterwards. He doesn't have any bad status effects like the other avatars and he generally dies quite quickly. Tenzen is another option, but his Yaegasumi and Invincible 1 hours get quite annoying.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-06 16:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan and Ifrit are certainly the fastest and easiest in my opinion. The other Avatars either have higher natural DT or more annoying status effects to deal with. They're also quicker to get to than Tenzen and don't "require" JA resetting as mentioned above (haven't done Puppet in Peril since around the time it was released, so don't know what the quickest method for that fight is these days). My preference is Leviathan if you'll be utilizing Light SCs and Ifrit for Darkness SCs. Just make sure you have some way to proc Blue !! to lower their DT a bit. Yellow !! and Red !! should come naturally.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-07-06 16:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true in the JA comment-wasn't ever a huge deal because unlike a Wild Card or Meeble Murrows reset, it's just a run into the MH. But it is time spent, yes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449 ... 831 832 833