Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 445 446 447 ... 836 837 838
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-11 03:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh said: »
Sorry if this isn't the good place to post but i got a quick question about the new ambuscade rotation fights.

Can a solo melee ( THF with Trust team ) with a mix of 117/119 gears is able solo version 2 on "Normal" ( solo fight ) and/or "Very Easy" on version 1 ( team fight ) ? or should i stick to the version 2 "Easy" one ?
Personally, I can't even do Very Easy Volume 2 on 119 THF with trusts. So if you can do it either I really suck, or am doing something wrong (or maybe I just need to be Job master).
By Pantafernando 2016-06-11 04:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

How does work hp scaling in new events? Im aware how it increases for party size over 6, but what about between 3-6? Also, does trust count toward party size, affecting nm hp?

Im asking that for content i would like to try, thats incursion, vagary, ambuscade, unity nm and escha/reisenjima.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-11 04:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

HP doesn't increase for parties of 6 or less, If you pop the NM with just you it would have the same HP as popping with a full party. Every person added after that adds an increase to HP and stats. Trust NPCs don't count.

At least this what I have been told by LS mates.

Ambuscade is restricted to a max of 6 people and the HP/stats of the mobs only increases if you raise the difficulty.

Edit: Vagary and Incursion let you set the level before you enter, determined by your current KI level. Not sure if there is any HP increase beyond that but I'm sure someone will know for sure.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-11 04:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Personally, I can't even do Very Easy Volume 2 on 119 THF with trusts. So if you can do it either I really suck, or am doing something wrong (or maybe I just need to be Job master).

I didn't try this new rotation fights but i managed volume 2 on "Easy" of previous rotation as THF/DNC pretty decently with Trusts. ( and sushi )
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-11 06:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
HP doesn't increase for parties of 6 or less, If you pop the NM with just you it would have the same HP as popping with a full party. Every person added after that adds an increase to HP and stats. Trust NPCs don't count.

At least this what I have been told by LS mates.

Ambuscade is restricted to a max of 6 people and the HP/stats of the mobs only increases if you raise the difficulty.

Edit: Vagary and Incursion let you set the level before you enter, determined by your current KI level. Not sure if there is any HP increase beyond that but I'm sure someone will know for sure.

Not quite.
HP scales in Delve, UCNMs, and GFNMs.
Delve and UCNMs scale down to 1/18th max HP solo, Trusts are never counted.
GFNMs are down to 3/18ths max HP for a party of 1~3. (Never personally tested it, but that's what was said by people who did.)

Vagary, SR, Ambuscade and I *THINK* Incursion (if Incursion DOES have scaling HP, then it'll be like the ones above) all do not scale. So their HP is X amount, regardless of how many people are doing it.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-11 11:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh said: »

I didn't try this new rotation fights but i managed volume 2 on "Easy" of previous rotation as THF/DNC pretty decently with Trusts. ( and sushi )
Dammit. Well, I tried the new volume two and was able to get the Antlion down to about 40-30%; but no good after that.

(Also my profile isn't up to date at all because Windower doesn't like Windows 10, in case anyone is wondering; no I am not doing ambuscade in Angler's gear).
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-06-11 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows if a specific BCNM drops ardor stuff during the campaing, or is it all random?
By Pantafernando 2016-06-12 11:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Im having problems tanking Cloud of Darkness (RoV last boss). Even though im not good on pld, still ive been taking too much damage, even with my mdt or pdt sets. Ive been reading that Run can tank it well but i dont have it leveled. Actually my white mage mule do very good against CoD and she could do the job if she could hold hate.

So my question would be if there any tips against him. I cant figure well his behaviour, sometimes he rotate between melee -> nukes, others he just spam Shearing Undulation, that neither BG or Wikia says whats that, then there are the black balls. I wonder if someone figured if those means something.

Thanks in advance.
By Verda 2016-06-12 11:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Blackroses said: »
Anyone knows if a specific BCNM drops ardor stuff during the campaing, or is it all random?
Only thing I've heard is that 50 seal ones can drop hexed gear.

Example: Hexed Somen

Not sure on which drop which, but I remember last time there was kupon i-seal drops and possibly some sort of kupon for +2 mats? (not sure if there is one). But I know empy+2 matts should drop somewhere since the event notes say they do drop.

Pantafernando said: »
Im having problems tanking Cloud of Darkness (RoV last boss). Even though im not good on pld, still ive been taking too much damage, even with my mdt or pdt sets. Ive been reading that Run can tank it well but i dont have it leveled. Actually my white mage mule do very good against CoD and she could do the job if she could hold hate.

I can't help much with tanking it :( I was able to live in 50% PDT/MDT set (if you include shell V) on SMN though, kiting it around and healing myself if it puts up the damage reflection mid 1 hour. If it doesn't, you can have any SMN buddies you have 1 hour flaming crush, it works about 80% of the time. The orbs seem to put a status effect on you if you run through them, mostly that I saw puts gravity on you.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-12 15:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

So my question would be if there any tips against him. I cant figure well his behaviour, sometimes he rotate between melee -> nukes, others he just spam Shearing Undulation, that neither BG or Wikia says whats that, then there are the black balls. I wonder if someone figured if those means something.

Thanks in advance.
This has been a thing me and my friends has noticed.
We can't really tell for certain, but it really seems like Mikaboshi has an inverse DT mechanic?
Basically, do it on a nonTank job.
If you only have PLD/RUN, then be in 0 DT gear, and you'll see that you'll suddenly be taking less damage.
This is readily aparent with trust tanks. (Though August has his wings, and Amchuchu does Valiance/Valation.)

Others weirdly will do better.
So it SEEMS like an inverse DT effect is happening....
But that's pure conjecture.

So just go a DD and/or use a Trust tank without DT effects.

The balls are just AoE enfeebles. I believe they can be popped, but no need to bother.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-12 17:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the DPS sheets still a thing, and are they kept up to date at all? :o
 Valefor.Terravcota
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2016-06-12 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an add on or application that duplicates the chat (preferably color coded even) into another window outside of XI?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-06-12 18:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Blackroses said: »

I did a few to help a returner get some I-seals and +2s. I-seals are extremely common, and individual +2 items can drop. I don't know if ardor comes from specifics, it may just be completely random from all +2s as I saw various types.

I would recommend multiple enemy BCNMs, the kind that drop items upon each kill. I would also assume the higher level orb fights drop better type of kupons / items. Fights like V Formation only reward you on the "boss" kill and nothing drops from the little bird helpers

I've always enjoyed these campaigns especially when they surprise you with items/kupons that didn't exist or whatever. Anyway, GL!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-12 18:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Terravcota said: »
Is there an add on or application that duplicates the chat (preferably color coded even) into another window outside of XI?
Logger perhaps? That's the only thing that comes to mind, not sure if you meant for active viewing or not.
By Selindrile 2016-06-12 22:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Suddenly all my % binds don't seem to be working, any ideas?

For example: bind %^@!z get "Mecisto. Mantle" satchel

I try it without the % and it works fine, but I guess it seems to think the text bar is up full time? I'm not sure why.
By Verda 2016-06-12 22:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that problem too after an update Selindrile I ended up just slowing taking out % binds... it's odd though some work and some don't.
 Valefor.Terravcota
By Valefor.Terravcota 2016-06-12 22:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Logger perhaps? That's the only thing that comes to mind, not sure if you meant for active viewing or not.

Active viewing. I'd like to be able to do stuff on mules while my watching my main's chat.
By Verda 2016-06-12 22:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Active viewing. I'd like to be able to do stuff on mules while my watching my main's chat.

Probably not the thing you're looking for BUT it does work. Download cygwin for windows. Once installed, open the cygwin terminal. Then cd C: or whatever drive has windower and cd to the directory. cd to the logs directory and tail -f logfilename.txt

This will follow the log file in real time and can just leave it up. If that's too technobabblegeeky for you then uhhh idk. There's probably an app for that? >.>
By Leadleaf 2016-06-12 23:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

H/KC campaign items are pooled or individually rewarded?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-12 23:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pool
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-13 00:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

Probably not the thing you're looking for BUT it does work. Download cygwin for windows. Once installed, open the cygwin terminal. Then cd C: or whatever drive has windower and cd to the directory. cd to the logs directory and tail -f logfilename.txt

This will follow the log file in real time and can just leave it up. If that's too technobabblegeeky for you then uhhh idk. There's probably an app for that? >.>

There is a windower add on called chatporter. Not used it personally but from the description it sounds like what you're looking for.

If it's just shouts you're interested in, guildwork premium lets you view them from any zone.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know how to edit the position of EnemyBar so that it's not sitting on top of the macro pallet?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-13 01:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If I start a Skirmish and get some Obsidian Fragments from a Noetic, and then warp out, will I keep those fragments?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-13 02:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
If I start a Skirmish and get some Obsidian Fragments from a Noetic, and then warp out, will I keep those fragments?
yes.
Thanks.
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2016-06-13 12:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RE Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign: Has anyone noticed anything added to these BCNM that didn't exist in past campaigns? Kupons for statues or costume items, for example.
 Siren.Leocon
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-06-14 06:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody else been experience bad lag for the last 12 or so hours? It seemed like I was the only one of my group last night who was, but then others started R0ing before we called it a night, and I seem to still be experiencing it this morning.

Just wondering if it's an issue on my end, or if others are getting it as well.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-14 06:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A few people in my group were on Valefor. I could literally count the seconds sometimes between hitting a cure and having it start casting.

Luckily, this caused no major havoc.

I even had a weird occasion where my pearl equipped after zoning, I could see /l but if I tried to type, it told me I didn't have a pearl equipped and I couldn't "unequip" it because the interface was convinced it wasn't equipped.

Zoning fixed that.
[+]
 Siren.Leocon
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-06-14 06:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the linkshell issue happen on occasion as well, though not last night.

The lagged curing was happening for me though, as well as lagged JAs and WSs too; glad it doesn't just seem to be my end.

My main worry was I just bought one of those magicJack internet phone things to cut one of my bills and just got it set up two days ago... Was worried that might've been causing the lag heh.
By Zeak 2016-06-14 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also gonna give the affirmative on the odd lag. It's been causing an assortment of crazy glitches as well. One in particular completely erased my head and sub slot; my stats were accurate, but the equip screen made it look like there was nothing in those slots.

I've encounter similar lag before, but nothing this severe. Usually, a quick modem reset is enough to fix the issue, but nothing seems to be working right now. So, it's either a server issue or maybe an ISP issue. I don't really know any English speakers in-game right now to confirm either way, but the lack of mass complaining leads me to assume it's the latter.
[+]
By Morihei 2016-06-14 10:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Question! What are HELM NMs in the Escha areas, and how are they different from the normal T1/2/3 NMs? Are they tougher? Do they have different requirements?
First Page 2 3 ... 445 446 447 ... 836 837 838