Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 443 444 445 ... 835 836 837
By Faelar 2016-05-28 19:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Are you zoning in from Ronfaure (S)?

Yes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-28 20:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got your elixir from Blatherix?
By Faelar 2016-05-28 20:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Got your elixir from Blatherix?

Yes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-28 20:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-28 20:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you said she has caitsith in her log (under missions) what about under quests?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-28 20:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

i would find that very annoying to follow. I like the design on ge much better
By Faelar 2016-05-28 20:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Lost in Translocation (Grauberg (S) Map quest) is the only WoTG quest she has flagged.
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2016-05-29 07:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

HI
Can someone tell me how I can upgrade the Esha armor with Nolan without wasting eschalixers? I am not understanding the trade process. If I don't trade enough to rank up to the next level then try to add more it just takes RP away. What am I don't wrong lol?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-05-29 07:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said: »
HI
Can someone tell me how I can upgrade the Esha armor with Nolan without wasting eschalixers? I am not understanding the trade process. If I don't trade enough to rank up to the next level then try to add more it just takes RP away. What am I don't wrong lol?

The RP it lists is what you need for the next rank. So, yes, every time you trade some, it makes that number smaller.
The only way you can waste Eschalixirs is to trade more than you need to when the piece hits R15.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2016-05-29 09:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhhh the number is how much I need not how much I have applied. Thank you so much! I was so confused. :)
By Afania 2016-05-29 09:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said: »
Ohhhh the number is how much I need not how much I have applied. Thank you so much! I was so confused. :)

How does aeonic aftermath works when it comes to lv 3 sc property on merit ws?

For example if I have AM with lionheart, is it possible to do resolution > resolution = light continuously?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 10:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you produce a light or a darkness SC while the AM is up it will turn it into the level 4 SC. Iirc Reso > reso doesn't make a skillchain so it wouldnt work.

Edit: Well actually you cant spam it and you would need to build 3000 tp for the level 3 aftermath but it should do a raidiance.

You need a 4 step skillchain at 1000-1999 to make level 4 and you need the last two to have level 3 properties. 2000-2999 it's a 3 step and again last two wses need level 3 properties.

With the sword for example save up 3000 and requiscat then CDC > CDC will make raidiance and requiscat > CDC would make Umbra.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-29 12:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the aeonic aftermath mechanics involves granting the merit WS a T3 property. Resolution gains light, Requiescat darkness, etc. That's why they're able to close the T4 skillchains given the appropriate number of steps for the aftermath level. So yes, you can self-T3 with aftermath up if you don't meet the requirements for a T4 skillchain.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-29 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the aeonic aftermath mechanics involves granting the merit WS a T3 property. Resolution gains light, Requiescat darkness, etc. That's why they're able to close the T4 skillchains given the appropriate number of steps for the aftermath level. So yes, you can self-T3 with aftermath up.

So as long as AM is up, you can do unlimited lv 3 SC until it wears? For some situations it sounds like it's better than doing a lv 4 SC with inferior WS then use tp to put AM up again.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-29 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup! And AM1 overwrites itself, so if you're using the merit WS in your skillchain you can continue performing that skillchain indefinitely after the first WS to activate AM. Definitely an option to keep in mind for many of the weapons.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 13:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish the wiki aeonic aftermath section had that on it. Only tells you about the steps required for the level of aftermath for the ultimate skillchain. Doesn't say anything about this makes some of them seem a lot nicer than they first appear.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-29 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Light property on Fomalhaut's Last Stand definitely made it seem a lot more attractive to me for my mule since it'd allow it to play nice with CDC.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-29 15:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Wish the wiki aeonic aftermath section had that on it. Only tells you about the steps required for the level of aftermath for the ultimate skillchain. Doesn't say anything about this makes some of them seem a lot nicer than they first appear.

The page about each WS actually has info about merit ws gaining lv3 property under aeonic AM, just that it wasn't clear about it.

Aeonic is somewhat underrated IMO. IMO giving lv 3 property on merit ws is kinda job changing for some jobs and ws.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-29 15:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you produce a light or a darkness SC while the AM is up it will turn it into the level 4 SC. Iirc Reso > reso doesn't make a skillchain so it wouldnt work.

Edit: Well actually you cant spam it and you would need to build 3000 tp for the level 3 aftermath but it should do a raidiance.

You need a 4 step skillchain at 1000-1999 to make level 4 and you need the last two to have level 3 properties. 2000-2999 it's a 3 step and again last two wses need level 3 properties.

With the sword for example save up 3000 and requiscat then CDC > CDC will make raidiance and requiscat > CDC would make Umbra.
Very minor incorrectness, CDC(Light-distortion)+Requiscat(Darkness-gravitation-somethingdumbthatiforget) will always give you darkness, as it is a T2+T2 SC, to get Umbra, you'd need two Darkness (T3) elements under AM3.
EDIT: Though CDC+Requiscat+Requiscat WILL give you Umbra, as you go T3(SC)+T3(property).

Basically, any time when you'd make "double" Light or Darkness, that's what will give you Radiance and Umbra. (They basically replace the "double"s when you have AMs up.)

EDIT:
Doesn't say anything about this makes some of them seem a lot nicer than they first appear.
I'm not sure what it is you mean by this, btw? Do you mean what properties are gained by the MeritWSs? Or what WS combinations all make a Radiance or Umbra?
(Cause the latter is ANY T3 property WS, so any Relic can open, and Empy or Merit WSs can open or close, as those three types all have T3 SC properties.)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-29 16:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Lost in Translocation (Grauberg (S) Map quest) is the only WoTG quest she has flagged.

if Burden of Suspicion is under the completed quests section then im not sure what to tell you.

The only possible thing i can think of right now is that maybe shes actually affiliated with another nation and you just did the bastok quests on top of that? I unno. Does she have any other the other wotg nations quests for sandy or windy under the completed list?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-29 18:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Any recommendation for trusts when trying to build azure and amber lights in Abyssea. I know Shantotto II uses at least on elemental weapon skill, any others?
By Afania 2016-05-29 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup! And AM1 overwrites itself, so if you're using the merit WS in your skillchain you can continue performing that skillchain indefinitely after the first WS to activate AM. Definitely an option to keep in mind for many of the weapons.

Oh just one more quick confirmation about aeonic AM, if AM1 is up, is it possible to keep using the WS for double lv3(and keep the AM) instead of lv4(which drops AM)?

For example if I'm using lionheart with AM1, another blu uses CDC, is it possible to do resolution > CDC > resolution = double light and keep AM up? Or will resolution > CDC > resolution gives radiance and cause AM to drop?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-29 19:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you don't meet the specific conditions to trigger T4 (# of steps for a given AM level), you'll get the T3 property. Reso->CDC is itself a double light skillchain with Lionheart (distortion otherwise), so the second Reso wouldn't continue the chain.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-29 20:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you don't meet the specific conditions to trigger T4 (# of steps for a given AM level), you'll get the T3 property. Reso->CDC is itself a double light skillchain with Lionheart (distortion otherwise), so the second Reso wouldn't continue the chain.

Got it, thanks!
 Odin.Gimpers
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-05-29 22:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Any recommendation for trusts when trying to build azure and amber lights in Abyssea. I know Shantotto II uses at least on elemental weapon skill, any others?
Balamor's kills will give you Amber.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-30 06:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only possible thing i can think of right now is that maybe shes actually affiliated with another nation and you just did the bastok quests on top of that? I unno. Does she have any other the other wotg nations quests for sandy or windy under the completed list?
Throw out a Retrace spell (or instant retrace scroll) and you'll find out which nation real quick.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-30 22:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What boots are these?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-30 22:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Gimpers said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Balamor's kills will give you Amber.

Thanks
By Faelar 2016-05-30 23:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Throw out a Retrace spell (or instant retrace scroll) and you'll find out which nation real quick.

She's affliated with Bastok. I did all the Bastok initiation quests the same day (when I posted earlier).
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-31 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a few silly questions about "Sneak Attack", since the information can be ambiguous in a few points.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was always led to believe that, when the requirements are fulfilled, Sneak attack:

Makes the "next attack" a Crit Hit
Makes the "next attack" a 100% hit

Now the ambiguity is in what is considered a "next attack".

Critical hit
Is applied only to the first melee hit (no DA/TA/QA/multiattack, no Offhand hit)
Is applied only to the first hit of a weaponskill if that WS has multiple hits.

100% Accuracy bonus
Is applied to the first hit of Mainhand AND offhand (but no multiattack)
Is applied only to the first hit of a multihit WS.

Anything wrong with what I said or is this stuff confirmed?
Thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 443 444 445 ... 835 836 837