Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-16 08:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For mythic quest anyone know how to check if the ledger for assault has been turned in?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-16 09:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mystery said: »
Assuming both equally geared, which will farm currency faster: thf/dnc of dancer with subjob restricted?
Technically, whichever one you're more comfortable playing. How many of the 3 DNC trusts that use step (Mumor, Uka, and Mayakov) do you have? With those 3, your best bet would be to use them, Koru-Moru and Ulmia on THF with no sub. Between THF/DNC and DNC/none is white !! vs. Treasure Hunter, though arguably if you're getting 3 or 4 TH on DNC, that'd be fine.

Asura.Foreverj said: »
For mythic quest anyone know how to check if the ledger for assault has been turned in?
Assuming you're not carrying them, check the ??? behind Paparoon. It will give you any books you've dropped. Any that you've completed and turned in will not be given to you again.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-16 09:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Assuming both equally geared, which will farm currency faster: thf/dnc of dancer with subjob restricted?
Technically, whichever one you're more comfortable playing. How many of the 3 DNC trusts that use step (Mumor, Uka, and Mayakov) do you have? With those 3, your best bet would be to use them, Koru-Moru and Ulmia on THF with no sub. Between THF/DNC and DNC/none is white !! vs. Treasure Hunter, though arguably if you're getting 3 or 4 TH on DNC, that'd be fine.

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Assuming you're not carrying them, check the ??? behind Paparoon. It will give you any books you've dropped. Any that you've completed and turned in will not be given to you again.

Thank you so much jeanpaul!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2016-05-16 09:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

I don't have any of the DNC trusts, and I only have the TH belt on my DNC. I'm not in a great position to be efficiently farm things =P
 Bismarck.Jimothy
Server: Bismarck
user: Jimothy
By Bismarck.Jimothy 2016-05-16 10:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a weird controller issue that I've never experienced before. Just installed FFXI on a new PC with windower 4, I'm using a PS2 controller USB adapter just like I have for years with no problem. Whenever I alt tab from my main to mule or vice-versa, something is hitting a bunch of commands like menu and enter. Anyone have any idea what might be causing it and how to stop it?.
By Morihei 2016-05-16 14:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

Reisenjima mobs are getting too squishy for SC + Trust MB, and apex mobs are still too hard to solo. BST. Where are the monsters that are a step or two down from normal Apex Crab parties and a step or two up from the normal Reisenjima stuff?
By Morihei 2016-05-16 15:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind. Found info:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47586/apex-camps/
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-16 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I should really update that since people have surely gathered much more information since they were released.
By Morihei 2016-05-17 08:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It came in handy as-is, though! the leeches look like a great spot to low-man. It seemed comparable to Reisenjima just with Shan II mb'ing fire over and over. So I'm going to grab a real MB and wreck the place

No matter what I did, I couldn't get Ajito or Arciella II to mb, though. Not sure what's up with that.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-17 13:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got the Red Crab from the Crab Club Arena, and added the item to my mount list. But whenever I try to call it forth, it just says the a command error occurred. I have the other three mounts (crab, tiger, raptor) and can ride all of them, but not the red crab.

Edit: Never mind, you have to type /mount "red crab". List doesn't work.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-18 06:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a faster way to build Mummer Medals than playing the "Guess the number" game? Searched the forum and someone mentioned having almost 50k medals without playing any games and not even knowing how they accumulated those.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-18 07:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Is there a faster way to build Mummer Medals than playing the "Guess the number" game? Searched the forum and someone mentioned having almost 50k medals without playing any games and not even knowing how they accumulated those.
90% sure you get them for doing assignments...
That's the only explanation I have for why I had like 100k or so of them by the time I was Legend there.
Though I am not 100% certain.
By Faelar 2016-05-18 16:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the quest that allows you to use Empyrean Weapon Skills on non-Empyrean weapons?
By fonewear 2016-05-18 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Whats the quest that allows you to use Empyrean Weapon Skills on non-Empyrean weapons?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Kupofried%27s_Weapon_Skill_Moogle_Magic
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-18 17:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Faelar said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Kupofried%27s_Weapon_Skill_Moogle_Magic

Thank you! I had no idea what to look for exactly, and what searches I did were not helpful xD
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-18 17:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that happen on all my characters, my guess is it comes from some condition on the mission where you play bust or boom. Some of those characters had never played any mummers game or done any mummers coalition missions. I have no other logical explanation, short of a weird glitch.
By Draylo 2016-05-18 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened to me on my characters, I have no idea how I got them because I never played. I think it was a glitch or related to the mission.
By Draylo 2016-05-18 18:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone kill Quadav in Ambuscade?
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-05-18 19:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I had that happen on all my characters, my guess is it comes from some condition on the mission where you play bust or boom. Some of those characters had never played any mummers game or done any mummers coalition missions. I have no other logical explanation, short of a weird glitch.

If you actually do the mission and win against Teodor, he gives you 50,000 medals. If you buy the KI from the moogle, you don't get that extra reward.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-05-18 20:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a problem with Dressup? Every time I perform an action I keep getting...
Code
DressUp: Lua runtime error: libs/packets.lua:402: bad argument #1 to 'pack' (number expected, got table)
&
DressUp: Lua runtime error: libs/packets.lua:402: bad argument #31 to 'pack' (number expected, got table)

:x
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-19 03:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be preventing one of my mules from getting Reive Momentum Bonuses? I recall this being an issue before back during old Delve days when people would reset 1 hours in Colonization Reives but I don't remember what the solution was. I thought it was obtaining the Kis to be able to damage reives but that's not it.
By kazekostryge 2016-05-19 04:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you need reive unity ki llewelyn
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-19 04:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, searched WKR on BG but didn't think to scroll up on the page like a dummy. Just found it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-19 16:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the drop pattern of escha beads known? Fixed per NM, fixed across the board, varies with party size? Can't find any information on it.

Edit: Looks like 30 for Met with 12 characters, +1 for each luck vorseal. Are reisenjima worth more?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-05-19 16:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't testify as to the accuracy of these numbers, but JP wiki says 3 beads for lottery NMs, 30 for T1s, 45 for T2s, 90 for T3s, 90 for "hidden" NMs (and 300 for Domain Invasion NMs, but I believe that's outdated); and that blessing doubles the amount. But the page also says that the information still needs to be verified.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-19 17:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be right, at least for sky. The 1 bead/luck vorseal bonus is constant regardless of tier. Shame T3/helm pops are limitted, since they don't really take any significant amount longer than T1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-19 17:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DI wyrms give 500 beads max before blessings.

*edited for clarity
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-19 17:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Domain Invasion gives 100 to 500 beads depending on your evaluation (100 being earned even if you show up at the last second and do nothing).
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-20 17:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does alignment in Voidwatch affect KI drops, or only item drops?
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-05-20 17:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Does alignment in Voidwatch affect KI drops, or only item drops?

White affects the atmacite drop rate.

For Provenance KIs it is completely random.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 834 835 836