Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 439 440 441 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
So I tried to log in and on play online viewer I need to re enter member for my mule and my main. So I re enter. And this morning only my mule is still there and I need to re enter member for my main.

Anyone getting that or know why I need to re enter all the info? Just Afraid I might get hacked lol
That sounds like corruption.
Or possibly a hack... But I'd bet on corruption.

First, check your SE account in any browser.
That'll tell you if you still have all your peeps.
If so, simply unistall and reinstall FFXI+POL.
That should remedy the situation. (Which was either caused by your antivirus or a virus.)

If your people are gone, then.... File a report with SE and go from there.

Thanks. The peeps is still there. Just I need to re enter on playonline viewer to add back the members. I opened the playonline viewer on a newer pc n the members is still there.
By aeonova 2016-05-04 21:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would one go to get the latest / best map dat pack to overwrite the basic maps? I've seen some maps like this:

...so I know that they exist. Perhaps they are even as pretty now as this:

Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-05-05 13:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is anybody else having issues trying to log on their main char but the mule still works just fine ?

Cuz I was standing and it randomly d/c me and won't let me log back on my main :X
 Phoenix.Morihei
Server: Phoenix
user: Morihei
By Phoenix.Morihei 2016-05-05 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

(]I'm back![)
Does anyone know if, as the game slowly dies, we're going to continue to consolidate servers until there's only one?
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 15:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morihei said: »
(]I'm back![)
Does anyone know if, as the game slowly dies, we're going to continue to consolidate servers until there's only one?

If your server pop is low just go to asura. Game is Very alive over here.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-05-05 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

(]I'm back![)

At the rate things are moving we'll be lucky if we see even one more consolidation of servers before they all get shut off.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 16:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
(]I'm back![)

At the rate things are moving we'll be lucky if we see even one more consolidation of servers before they all get shut off.

Again asura is your best bet. Back at my old server, I log on tried to do something 3 members on, not enough people and shouting gets nothing either, log off without hope. At asura it's different feel. Plenty of shouts, and if u wanna shout yourself it fills in a reasonable amount of time.

There's no reason for lonely wanderers to be at those low pop servers if u don't have a group. And even if you have a group, some people don't log on and u tried to shout with 4/6 and can't even fill.

Nothing is getting shut off at asura.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-05 20:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Monster Rearing question!

I fed my Behemoth Cub savory shank twice and he squirmed. After zoning he turned into a Behemoth. I only have Behemoth Cub memento, so do I keep feeding this evolve Behemoth savory's until the next memento? (ie:
Capacity Points +5%
Attack +2%
Ranged Attack +2%
Alter Ego Attack +6%
Alter Ego Ranged Attack +6% )

How do you know when to stop feeding savory? I guess I'm just concerned since Behemoth / King look alike?

Sorry to say this but you had wasted not one but two savory shanks. Beastly shank is enough to make the cub squirm. To get your Behemoth memento, keep it at "enjoying the moment" so that it doesn't evolve to King Behemoth by chance and feed it meat (even rabbit meat from the moogle in gardens works fine) everyday until it feels like giving you the memento. Once its mood reaches 2.5 or 3 stars, only then feed it Savory Shank. Unless you are after the Behemoth memento for completion's sake, you can just skip it if you can't get it before Behemoth's mood reaches 2.5 or 3 stars since King Behemoth memento is a direct upgrade.

Thanks for that response. Turns out when I first fed the cub the savory and it evolved, I assumed it turned into a regular behemoth. I fed it another savory, which indeed was a waste, but who cares, after that, regular meats and finally it became 'beams with light of pure contentment, which then gave me King Behemoth memento. So I guess my first savory did work and I skipped NQ version ^_^ I simply didn't know it was on King form, haha
By Morihei 2016-05-06 10:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

(]I'm back![)

Again asura is your best bet. Back at my old server, I log on tried to do something 3 members on, not enough people and shouting gets nothing either, log off without hope. At asura it's different feel. Plenty of shouts, and if u wanna shout yourself it fills in a reasonable amount of time.

There's no reason for lonely wanderers to be at those low pop servers if u don't have a group. And even if you have a group, some people don't log on and u tried to shout with 4/6 and can't even fill.

Based on the Database statistics from ffxiah, it looks like Odin is actually more active than Asura, but not by much. Actually, based on transactions, though, Asura is more alive than Odin. That actually makes me wonder if I should make the switch or not. I've been in Phoenix since the beginning, and I know everyone here. But that's part of the problem. I know everyone here now. There are so few people that everyone that's left is recognizable. I think our nightly average is about 450 when I get on. What's the average on Asura?

And what about competition? Should I finish making my relic before making the jump? Am I going to have to face off against 5 different people in Dynamis for farming territory?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-06 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten pet dt- and pet atk/acc+ augments on valorous gear?
 Asura.Colv
user: Sirenia
By Asura.Colv 2016-05-06 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

aeonova said: »
Where would one go to get the latest / best map dat pack to overwrite the basic maps? I've seen some maps like this:

...so I know that they exist. Perhaps they are even as pretty now as this:

Thoughts?

I think this is the most current pack : http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47849/updated-custom-map-pack-soa-and-rov/#3005674
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-06 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
(]I'm back![)

Based on the Database statistics from ffxiah, it looks like Odin is actually more active than Asura, but not by much. Actually, based on transactions, though, Asura is more alive than Odin. That actually makes me wonder if I should make the switch or not. I've been in Phoenix since the beginning, and I know everyone here. But that's part of the problem. I know everyone here now. There are so few people that everyone that's left is recognizable. I think our nightly average is about 450 when I get on. What's the average on Asura?

And what about competition? Should I finish making my relic before making the jump? Am I going to have to face off against 5 different people in Dynamis for farming territory?

Depends. If u gonna solo farm your relic then stay there as more people usually means more competition but then maybe check the prices and maybe u can just farm Gil and buy the currencies.

The people u know, are u guys able to get together and do stuff? Back in my other server i need everyone I know to log on at same time to have a party to do stuff. Here I joined 3 different ambuscade shouts 3 nights in a row and as soon as I log in. I didn't wanna leave friends but staying there means I get nothing done. And it feels like an mmo to me to interact with different people.

AnOther thing, players here are pretty good. u have master blues thiefs white mages joining pugs, Idris geos joining pugs. So that should also tells u something. People get things done here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Morihei 2016-05-06 14:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
(]I'm back![)

911 on at 1PM EST on a Friday which is a slower time. It will go over 1,000 in a few hours.
This number will be ~1,100-~1,300 this weekend as it generally is (was last weekend). Probably closer to 1,100 this weekend as the VW events and things ended last weekend.

Next weekend will be better as that is the update.

It's a high-risk situation, and I'm not a huge fan of those. But the idea of having people to talk to again is nice. I'll sit on it for a month or two while I finish my relic on this side, and see if I can't drag a few people with me if I decide to come over.

Thanks for the info! You seem like a good bunch.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-06 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

(]I'm back![)

Some servers have bigger JP community, that may be why you're seeing more transaction on FFXIAH.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-05-06 15:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm well aware. I've been around a while and like to keep tabs on how the game's doing. This site goes a long way in giving me an idea of how each server is doing, so I can't thank the site's staff and volunteers enough for maintaining it as they have. It makes me wish FFXI's community representative took a more active role here in addition to what he's already doing over at the official forums, same way community reps for other companies/game franchises take active roles in various forums/social media.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-06 17:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any easier t1 nms in reisinjima for bst duo of bst whm for stone farming?
note: i havnt done much in reisenjima zone as iv been working on bst gear.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-05-09 19:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best and fastest way to accumulate beads?
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-09 22:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Assuming just spamming the dragons in Zitah / Ru-Aun / Reisenjima. If you can't get enough people, spamming t1s in Reisenjima maybe?

Odin.Godofgods said: »
are there any easier t1 nms in reisinjima for bst duo of bst whm for stone farming?
note: i havnt done much in reisenjima zone as iv been working on bst gear.

Belphegor and the Bugard should be very easy to do.
By Faelar 2016-05-09 22:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the fastest way to finish this mission?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-09 22:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

How many beads can you get from killing T3? If it's a lot it may be the fastest way.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-09 23:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone still do model editing? I have a handful of body .dat edits from years ago that I still use, but I'd like to get a few more bodies done and have no idea how. If someone could either do some quick edits for me or walk me through how to do them myself I'd be very grateful. The mod itself is relatively simple afaik, just need to port Lekho Habhoka's tail model to some of the mithran bodies.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-09 23:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Does anyone still do model editing? I have a handful of body .dat edits from years ago that I still use, but I'd like to get a few more bodies done and have no idea how. If someone could either do some quick edits for me or walk me through how to do them myself I'd be very grateful. The mod itself is relatively simple afaik, just need to port Lekho Habhoka's tail model to some of the mithran bodies.
I could potentially do it. There are a few tricky parts to this:

- The primary modeling/animation program (VRS) no longer seems to work, so I'd have to use hex editing
- With hex editing, unless the tail is its own section of code, it would be nearly impossible to extract cleanly
- Lekho and other characters with non-standard models are harder to port simply because they tend to have unique "skeletons", which determine how the model animates. It is necessary to adjust the values of the "joints" of the skeleton when porting between races to get proper animation

If someone else can do it, groovy, but if not, I'll look into it for ya
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-05-10 00:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be funny to see the other 4 races besides tarutarus having shantotto's casting animation while laughing
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-10 00:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The primary modeling/animation program (VRS) no longer seems to work
Ahhh, that sucks. I could never make much sense of VRS from watching Ninian work with it, but hex editing is another beast entirely.

The two bodies I'm most interested in right now are Igqira Weskit (ROM\303\124) and Merlinic Jubbah (ROM\346\36). Guessing an already-ported tail might be easier to work with? Her .dat pack is still available on ffxidats, or I can send you one of the .dats directly if you'd like.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-10 00:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The primary modeling/animation program (VRS) no longer seems to work
Ahhh, that sucks. I could never make much sense of VRS from watching Ninian work with it, but hex editing is another beast entirely.

The two bodies I'm most interested in right now are Igqira Weskit (ROM\303\124) and Merlinic Jubbah (ROM\346\36). Guessing an already-ported tail might be easier to work with? Her .dat pack is still available on ffxidats, or I can send you one of the .dats directly if you'd like.
If someone else has already imported the tail, then it shouldn't be too hard. For some reason, though, the download isn't working for me (which is odd since I'm probably the most active contributor there these days). PM me and we'll figure it out
By Morihei 2016-05-12 11:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

The JSE capes make great macro pieces, but how do you macro different pieces of equipment with the same name?

So I have a JSE cape I main, and then I want to build one for WSs. Will macros automatically change the equipment to the one you don't have equipped, or will it get confused and tell me I already have it equipped?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-05-12 11:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using GS you can just input the augments into your lua file, or you can use itemsets. Other than that I don't know. There was a post about it the other day in a different thread.

Here it is
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-05-12 16:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

The JSE capes make great macro pieces, but how do you macro different pieces of equipment with the same name?

So I have a JSE cape I main, and then I want to build one for WSs. Will macros automatically change the equipment to the one you don't have equipped, or will it get confused and tell me I already have it equipped?

using the in-game equip set you can select just which one you want. And then just macro that equip set in. I do that for my bst axes since i have several of the same named on with diff augs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

In addition to the things above, if you're using plain old macros, you can put the different capes in different storages (Inventory, Wardrobe 1, Wardrobe 2). I forget the details, but there is a way to tell a macro which one to use based on a number (0, 1, or 2).
First Page 2 3 ... 439 440 441 ... 834 835 836