Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 438 439 440 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 19:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
I did say it's worth a try lol. I got killed by cataerae when I just started blue trying to break their shield so that's my last memory of them. I certainly can do it now.

What impossible attitude? Lol Idris is kinda impossible but I went out n made it anyway. Maybe I'm helping them keep their expectations low as they try. why such attack? Lol

Not sure why'd you mention your Idris in this discussion. I didn't "attack" you, but your reply was kinda implying I have full adhemar +1 or something, then come to this thread giving advice to people on how to kill things that only mythic + adhemar +1 player can kill, when I was simply trying to remind people thf can cover damage types to break shield and it's not "impossible" to take off it's shields on thf.

When I got a trollish "so elite" reply for offering advice, I was somewhat offended.

Nowhere was I trying to offend you. Apologize if u felt that way. We don't even know what dagger he's using or if he's a good player or not. Therefore I think he prob not ready to be the main dd in these fights.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Faelar 2016-04-29 20:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why don't you ask these questions in the LS? :|

If you are referring to me, I addressed this in my "Can I do these" post.

Just tried the following off my list:

Wepwawet
Tangata Manu
Gestalt
Angrboda

...wiped around 30-40% remaining, with low MP.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 20:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why don't you ask these questions in the LS? :|

If you are referring to me, I addressed this in my "Can I do these" post.

Just tried the following off my list:

Wepwawet
Tangata Manu
Gestalt
Angrboda

...wiped around 30-40% remaining, with low MP.

I wasn't the one asking the question floppy lol. But thanks

As I suspected u need a little more damage which throw in a geo and it's possible. Good luck ^^ if mp is a problem use temp items. And if damage is a problem use temp items as well.

Post deleted by User.
By Faelar 2016-04-30 14:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Windower Addon/Plugin that can have your Accolade/Silt/Bead/etc totals displayed right on screen, instead of having to navigate through menus to check?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-30 15:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster Rearing question!

I fed my Behemoth Cub savory shank twice and he squirmed. After zoning he turned into a Behemoth. I only have Behemoth Cub memento, so do I keep feeding this evolve Behemoth savory's until the next memento? (ie:
Capacity Points +5%
Attack +2%
Ranged Attack +2%
Alter Ego Attack +6%
Alter Ego Ranged Attack +6% )

How do you know when to stop feeding savory? I guess I'm just concerned since Behemoth / King look alike?
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-04-30 16:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a respawn timer for all lottery Escha nms, and what is it if so?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-30 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No. They can pop back-to-back. Had it happen a couple times.
[+]
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-04-30 16:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
No. They can pop back-to-back. Had it happen a couple times.

Kinda just worked it out for myself haha.. Was farming Thereiod Greaves and just got them now but the nm popped about around 10 mins after the last, thanks :)

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-30 17:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
"The Garden of Ru'Hmet via Gate of the Gods (H-10)"
Can anyone tell where this is on the Map? been to H-10 several times and no entrance. Also checked several other site maps and none have any info about Gate of the Gods.

What are you trying to do?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-30 19:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I rewatched the final CS for RoV?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-30 23:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I believe that one can be watched outside of West Adoulin.
By Faelar 2016-05-01 18:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Windower Addon/Plugin that can have your Accolade/Silt/Bead/etc totals displayed right on screen, instead of having to navigate through menus to check?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-05-01 18:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

I fed my Behemoth Cub savory shank twice and he squirmed. After zoning he turned into a Behemoth. I only have Behemoth Cub memento, so do I keep feeding this evolve Behemoth savory's until the next memento? (ie:
Capacity Points +5%
Attack +2%
Ranged Attack +2%
Alter Ego Attack +6%

How do you know when to stop feeding savory? I guess I'm just concerned since Behemoth / King look alike?

Just feed it regular meats (I normally get the buffalo meat off of the Rank 5-7 menu on the Green Thumb Moogle) until it reaches 2.5 or more stars in growth-state (i.e. two full stars and one empty star, or all three full stars.) It is at that point when you then feed it the next-tier of food, the Dragon Meat, etc. The memento's are granted somewhat randomly, from my experience--so long as the monster is in a happy state they have a potential to grant it. When the monster is "beaming with pure contentment" (allowing you to harvest items without affecting its mood) it will always give the KI for sure.

Just be aware that it's trickier to keep some monsters like the older Behemoth-line happy because you can pretty much only influence its mood by feeding it meat once-per-day. Any interaction (petting/yelling) will result in the monster being upset, so avoid doing anything to it. The exception is during days when it "beams with pure contentment", during which any interaction will be positively-accepted.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mog_Garden

Also be sure to talk to Chacharoon to activate the respective 'cheer' effects, after you receive the memento (they do not automatically convert to the corresponding 'cheer' KI's until you talk to him and spend the stars to put the cheer into effect.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2016-05-01 20:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best way for me to earn capacity points? Recently came back to game and most people go for apex crabs which I don't have the gear for. :/
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-05-01 20:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Audacity said: »
What would be the best way for me to earn capacity points? Recently came back to game and most people go for apex crabs which I don't have the gear for. :/

The best Way is to bring SAKAGUCHI BACK TO SQUARE ENIX :D
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-02 07:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna need more info like job and gear u have to answer ur question.
By Wordspoken 2016-05-02 09:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna need more info like job and gear u have to answer ur question.
Nonsense, Escha-Ru'an with aerns is doable with trusts/117 gear with all jobs IMO. Need accuracy though, 900-950 to cap hitrate so eat that sushi. You don't need to cap hitrate to this camp, it just makes it more efficient.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-02 11:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

Capacity Points +5%
Attack +2%
Ranged Attack +2%
Alter Ego Attack +6%

Sorry to say this but you had wasted not one but two savory shanks. Beastly shank is enough to make the cub squirm. To get your Behemoth memento, keep it at "enjoying the moment" so that it doesn't evolve to King Behemoth by chance and feed it meat (even rabbit meat from the moogle in gardens works fine) everyday until it feels like giving you the memento. Once its mood reaches 2.5 or 3 stars, only then feed it Savory Shank. Unless you are after the Behemoth memento for completion's sake, you can just skip it if you can't get it before Behemoth's mood reaches 2.5 or 3 stars since King Behemoth memento is a direct upgrade.
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2016-05-02 12:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at about 850 accuracy on THF without putting an effort into some accuracy gear so I'll keep that option in mind. Thanks :D
By Faelar 2016-05-03 08:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-03 08:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Yup. go to the sanctorium and there's a gobbie footprint to trade a thing to. He'll let you rewatch it in game.

Or can watch Korvana's post of it in youtube.
 Asura.Kitsia
user: Kitsia
By Asura.Kitsia 2016-05-03 09:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the duration of escha blessings? I know you get them randomly when you kill a dragon, but how long do they last please?
By Morihei 2016-05-03 15:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

I'm always here about BST. I'm sure you super-actives recognize me by now.

This time it's solo SCs and MBs. I melee with the pet, which seems rare.

Has anyone gone through the testing for those? Is one generally better than the rest (for i124 and below)? The four that really stand out to me at the moment are the following:

Spinning Axe -> Razor Fang = Fusion, because tiger gets used so much and stacking Razor fangs gets so much damage.

Primal Rend -> Tegamina = Darkness, because without lots of haste I can generally get tp about every 2 pet charges

Brain Crush -> tail blow -> cloudsplitter -> Fireball (Light + Fire MB), because MBs seem to rule the game at the moment.

Swooping Frenzy - Cloudsplitter - Molting Plumage (Light + Wind MB), because Aegisbird (long may he reign) is involved.

I don't have a windower or a parser yet, so testing becomes problematic. I've got Pet MAB +25 atm. Pet acc/atk is about 1100, unless the tiger is out. He's got about 1600 atk.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 06:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried to log in and on play online viewer I need to re enter member for my mule and my main. So I re enter. And this morning only my mule is still there and I need to re enter member for my main.

Anyone getting that or know why I need to re enter all the info? Just Afraid I might get hacked lol
By Morihei 2016-05-04 10:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I've never heard of that, but I'm not a smart man. Maybe someone else will have more info, but you might have to actually hit up Squeenix support for that one.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-04 11:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried to log in and on play online viewer I need to re enter member for my mule and my main. So I re enter. And this morning only my mule is still there and I need to re enter member for my main.

Anyone getting that or know why I need to re enter all the info? Just Afraid I might get hacked lol
That sounds like corruption.
Or possibly a hack... But I'd bet on corruption.

First, check your SE account in any browser.
That'll tell you if you still have all your peeps.
If so, simply unistall and reinstall FFXI+POL.
That should remedy the situation. (Which was either caused by your antivirus or a virus.)

If your people are gone, then.... File a report with SE and go from there.
First Page 2 3 ... 438 439 440 ... 834 835 836