Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 419 420 421 ... 836 837 838
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-31 13:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easy way to export the map's into png or jpg files ?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-31 13:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way: Print screen while looking at it in game.
More accurate way: If you can locate the file of the map you want, using ChangeTex (a program that extracts the game's textures) you can convert them into a dds file (a texture). With a dds plugin for Photoshop, you could then import it and save it as a png or jpg. This would ensure perfect resolution.

edit: Additionally, using ChangeTex and Photoshop gives you the ability to edit the map image as it appears in game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-01 00:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For the aeonic quest, is it necessary to kill all the warders as well? I know that WoC is required (...*** you SE), but what about the others?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-01 00:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Warders are not required aside from making the WoC pop. Only NMs you have to kill are the ones that require Tribulens to engage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-01 10:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, now I will continue to curse SE's existence.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2016-02-01 18:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: nvm worked it out ^^
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-02 03:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having performance issues with my new Laptop - an i7-6700hq with Discrete 960m / Integrated Intel HD 520. Supersampling off and background res at 1280x1024.

It seems to be when character models are displayed, though it could also be related to "glow" effects like crystals. I get like 15 fps outside of the Bastok Mines Mog house.

Anyone experienced this? I've also tried forcing FFXI to run off the discrete gpu, though I would feel that a 520 would be more than sufficient for FFXI.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-02 04:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm unsure what causes this, on my old PC glow effects like the teleport crystals would kill my frame rate as well but on my new PC it doesn't happen.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-02 06:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

best place to farm serica cloth ?
By Jetackuu 2016-02-02 10:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Smithing 50
Clothcraft 29
Alchemy 7
Woodworking 60
Goldsmithing 23
Leathercrafting 2
Bonecraft 46
Cooking 0
Fishing 0
Synergy 0

I want to get something to 100, what should I do that would be the fastest and or cheapest?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-02-02 11:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if all you care about is having a 110, do cooking

you can get to high 90s off cheap npc mats on a couple mil

dawn mulsums by farming the pephredo chips/white honey until 108(not much loss if you npc them, if you play pet jobs or feel like selling they'll be significant profit)

then you only have 2 levels of costly mats(not even that expensive if you buy as you go.. shouldn't have any supply-enforced waits besides the pephredo chips and a few hours of farming will cover the whole range for those)
By Jetackuu 2016-02-02 11:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if all you care about is having a 110, do cooking

you can get to high 90s off cheap npc mats on a couple mil

dawn mulsums by farming the pephredo chips/white honey until 108(not much loss if you npc them, if you play pet jobs or feel like selling they'll be significant profit)

then you only have 2 levels of costly mats(not even that expensive if you buy as you go.. shouldn't have any supply-enforced waits besides the pephredo chips and a few hours of farming will cover the whole range for those)
Thanks, cooking it is then.

edit: any good recipe lists? or is ah's not totally out of date?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-02 13:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
I'm having performance issues with my new Laptop - an i7-6700hq with Discrete 960m / Integrated Intel HD 520. Supersampling off and background res at 1280x1024.

It seems to be when character models are displayed, though it could also be related to "glow" effects like crystals. I get like 15 fps outside of the Bastok Mines Mog house.

Anyone experienced this? I've also tried forcing FFXI to run off the discrete gpu, though I would feel that a 520 would be more than sufficient for FFXI.

Integrated Intel HD are known to have chronic problems with FFXI. Certain old drivers would work while most others would cause serious glitches such as characters not appearing at all. I would just force the game to use the graphics card if I were you. Otherwise you would need to dig for an archaic driver that would fix your issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody know what the "blessing of the crystals" effect on rhapsody shirt +1 do?
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-02 14:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Integrated Intel HD are known to have chronic problems with FFXI. Certain old drivers would work while most others would cause serious glitches such as characters not appearing at all. I would just force the game to use the graphics card if I were you. Otherwise you would need to dig for an archaic driver that would fix your issues.

Does anybody know what the "blessing of the crystals" effect on rhapsody shirt +1 do?

Blessing of the crystal is a 1% chance to not use MP/TP I believe.

I can't seem to force it to use my Dedicated, the nvidia control panel has Pol and Windower set to Dedicated, but they seem to use the integrated all the same
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-02-03 07:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategies for the UNM Specter Worm? Do I have practically 0 chance of soloing with trusts on my PLD or BLU?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-03 08:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessing of the crystal is a 1% chance to not use MP/TP I believe.

I can't seem to force it to use my Dedicated, the nvidia control panel has Pol and Windower set to Dedicated, but they seem to use the integrated all the same

Thanks for confirming what one of ls mates told me about that shirt.

About your graphics problem; Since you said you play on a laptop with an Nvidia GPU, did you look into disabling "Optimus"? I am not sure how that can be done but I believe that is why it doesn't let you force the game to use the dedicated gpu instead of Intel HD graphics. Optimus feature on mobile Nvidia gpus make it so that the integrated gpu takes priority over the dedicated gpu if the app doesn't need much gpu power.

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Strategies for the UNM Specter Worm? Do I have practically 0 chance of soloing with trusts on my PLD or BLU?

Light skillchain seems to proc it so I think you should be able to solo it on BLU by stacking haste to spam self light and turtling up a bit if needed. Proc is needed to drop its aura.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-03 08:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Should also try to make sure they have shell on them before popping.
There were multiple times where I was doing it with fresh trusts and they got one shotted with his opening move.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-03 17:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me a quick run down or link to the equipment that the Pellucid/Taupe/Fern Stones are use for and what each one gives/ more likely to give? Cant seem to find the info

edit, think i found it. Do these stones only apply to the armors found in resijemia?
 Odin.Alauna
By Odin.Alauna 2016-02-04 09:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For SCH(~i113/i115) while trying go get Helios/Telchine:
(not doing much high-level stuff right now)

Hagondes Cuffs (i113) Magic Acc +20; Aug: MAB+20
vs
Yaoyotl Gloves (i119) Magic Acc +15 MAB +15

does iLvl trump stats for mid/higher level content?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-04 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Alauna said: »

vs

Level correction doesn't have any effect on magic afaik. So that only leaves comparing INT/MND and mab/macc between the two since there isn't any other offensive bonus on either. Yaoyotl has 4 more INT which is either 2 or 4 macc depending on dINT so it is more like hagondes: macc+20/mab+20 vs yaoyotl: macc+17or19(which is more likely)/mab+20(& dINT+4). I would just go with yaoyotl unless you are willing to keep trying for a better augment on hagondes.
[+]
 Odin.Alauna
By Odin.Alauna 2016-02-04 12:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Alauna said: »

vs

Level correction doesn't have any effect on magic afaik. So that only leaves comparing INT/MND and mab/macc between the two since there isn't any other offensive bonus on either. Yaoyotl has 4 more INT which is either 2 or 4 macc depending on dINT so it is more like hagondes: macc+20/mab+20 vs yaoyotl: macc+17or19(which is more likely)/mab+20(& dINT+4). I would just go with yaoyotl unless you are willing to keep trying for a better augment on hagondes.

Thanks!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-04 20:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

what are some efficient ways at farming/capping sparks other then the xp trials 3x a week?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-02-04 21:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably spamming ga1 spells on abyssea hordes
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-05 00:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what are some efficient ways at farming/capping sparks other then the xp trials 3x a week?

AbysseaLatheine. Equip regen/dt atmas. Gather all puks, spam a weak aoe for slightly more 500 damage (I use sandspin with minimal mab) until they are almost dead and subduction to full cure them, repeat. Keep verve up and don't bother with things like phalanx. Every time you recast an unneeded buff costs you precious sparks :p
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-05 16:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds interesting. I havnt touched blu since (ironically) abby days. Will this work well in skirmish2 gear? I think that might be all i have. Not even sure what weapons i have. And what subjob would work best for this? If your not bothering to take time on things like phalanx or w/e then im guessing maybe not a /mage.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-07 16:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds interesting. I havnt touched blu since (ironically) abby days. Will this work well in skirmish2 gear? I think that might be all i have. Not even sure what weapons i have. And what subjob would work best for this? If your not bothering to take time on things like phalanx or w/e then im guessing maybe not a /mage.

Skirmish 2 gear should be fine and you can /war for full time defender. You just need to try out the damage first. BLU magic damage doesnt scale with number of hits so just pull one and adjust your damage to make it only slightly more than 500, all out for subduction though.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-07 17:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish 2 gear should be fine and you can /war for full time defender. You just need to try out the damage first. BLU magic damage doesnt scale with number of hits so just pull one and adjust your damage to make it only slightly more than 500, all out for subduction though.

If they both go off the same set, will subduction heal more then the 500~ aoe (like sandspin)?
edit: same set being a skirmish2 based set.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-02-07 20:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on an old project (http://flippantry.com/skillchain/) and I was looking for assistance on the BLU and SMN categories.

Can anyone advise me on relevant BLU spells and their SC properties? I have some in there, but not sure where I got them from and I suspect it's an incomplete and possibly outdated list.

Can someone confirm that all the SMN BPs are covered (go to "Look by Skill" and search by "Summoner Blood Pact")?

Thank you.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-08 00:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to check the BP for you, but I can't seem to get anything to come up at all.

Admittedly, I'm on my phone fight now, not sure if that's the issue.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-08 00:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If they both go off the same set, will subduction heal more then the 500~ aoe (like sandspin)?
edit: same set being a skirmish2 based set.

It is much stronger than sandspin.
First Page 2 3 ... 419 420 421 ... 836 837 838