Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 834 835 836
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-26 19:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Are additional WS effects, like Blind on Yukikaze or Stun on Hobaku, influenced by Macc? I know they are influenced by TP but wasn't sure anything else helped.
I'm fairly sure it does help, as well as combat skill relating to the weapon, and of course accuracy itself. I use Shockwave pretty often and have seen an improvement on sleep rates as I've accumulated more magic accuracy gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-26 21:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the responses.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-26 23:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Added effects are Weapon Skill and Macc. TP scaling either increases the accuracy or increases the duration of the added effect, depending on the particular WS. Physical accuracy is still needed, because if the physical hit misses, the added effect cannot land.
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-11-28 03:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone knew of a site which had video or written sections of all of the storylines in vanadiel, I have played through almost all the story content, need to do moogle kupo detat and the first mini expansion, as well as finish SoA but just in case I never get round to it (and to recap some of the old stuff), I wondered if there was any such documentation.

Having just completed Rhapsodies of Vanadiel I'm in the mood for FFXI story haha, honestly SE, is unparalleled in story writing for the kind of fantasy I like, plenty humour and lots of likeable heroes and heroines, sometimes I just wish they would make FFXI all over again with current gen and I could forget and replay through all the expansions haha, although I'm sure that when I got back to true sight imps in the Mire or old style Dynamis I'd change my mind.

Thanks in advance.
By Davorin 2015-11-28 05:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone knew of a site which had video or written sections of all of the storylines in vanadiel, I have played through almost all the story content, need to do moogle kupo detat and the first mini expansion, as well as finish SoA but just in case I never get round to it (and to recap some of the old stuff), I wondered if there was any such documentation.

Having just completed Rhapsodies of Vanadiel I'm in the mood for FFXI story haha, honestly SE, is unparalleled in story writing for the kind of fantasy I like, plenty humour and lots of likeable heroes and heroines, sometimes I just wish they would make FFXI all over again with current gen and I could forget and replay through all the expansions haha, although I'm sure that when I got back to true sight imps in the Mire or old style Dynamis I'd change my mind.

Thanks in advance.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Missions
ffxiclopedia has individual pages for the missions which contain spoiler tabs with transcripts of NPC dialogue and sometimes videos of cutscenes near the bottom of each page. It seems to be most, if not all, of the older mission storylines.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-11-28 07:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Korvana has mad videos of most of the mission CSs, and can easily be found on YouTube by searching her name and FFXI.
[+]
By minikomby 2015-11-28 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys i want to do that 135 behemot unity nm but i dont know what is the base acc to hit that nm. We are going to use bard and cor buffs, HUnters and chaos + Mad x2 and marchx1, Haste spell on DD

PLD WAR SAM WHM BRD COR and Geo on other Prty

i'd love to know what acc is needed before songs and roll to hit decently this nm please help
By Athenair 2015-11-28 16:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Which cape is better for nuking: I see a lot of people use Toro cape, but how does Izdubar mantle compare? Is it only useful when dINT is < 10?

Also, does the 5 extra Magic Accuracy of the Sanctity necklace trump the extra 1 point of MAB from the Eddy necklace?
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-11-28 17:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Missions
ffxiclopedia has individual pages for the missions which contain spoiler tabs with transcripts of NPC dialogue and sometimes videos of cutscenes near the bottom of each page. It seems to be most, if not all, of the older mission storylines.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Vana'diel_Timeline is pretty interesting if you care about lore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-28 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I like magma steak for attack. Long duration and quite cheap on my server.
Sublime sushi is the best accuracy food in the game, right now, with a cap of 100 and some bonus DEX.
Pear crepes are amazing magic accuracy food and should be used just about all the time.

HQ versions are obviously slightly better but more expensive.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-11-29 10:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Athenair said: »
Which cape is better for nuking: I see a lot of people use Toro cape, but how does Izdubar mantle compare? Is it only useful when dINT is < 10?

Also, does the 5 extra Magic Accuracy of the Sanctity necklace trump the extra 1 point of MAB from the Eddy necklace?
8INT is anywhere from +8macc to +4macc.
But INT does more than just give Macc, it also contributes to the base Mdmg. Since Izdubar lacks any compensating Mdmg stat, it'll wind up being the inferior piece.

And yes. 5macc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1MAB
At least on anything that matters... And even then on trash mobs it doesn't hurt.

Manque said: »
Going after the vorseal for monstrosity, what is the fastest creature-feature to level to 30 in monstrosity? Quick and dirty.
They're all the same. It's no different than leveling jobs.
 Valefor.Marshey
Server: Valefor
user: Marshey
By Valefor.Marshey 2015-11-29 21:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the fastest way to get Alluvion Skirmish augment stones or gil to buy them?

I'm trying to get some decent gear so I can tackle the Escha NMs. It seems like nobody is doing Alluvion much anymore and I'm having a hard time finding reliable gil making methods to buy stones. I don't want to be a hindrance to groups doing new content so I want to put together some decent sets before I dive in.

Is there anything I can do solo with mediocre gear to make some money? I know Alluvion is sort of soloable but that doesn't get me many of the stones I need and tends to not give too much money. Are dynamis and salvage still the best way to get some quick gil?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-12-01 15:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the respawn on Colo and Lair reives now? I seemingly keep stumbling on conflicting information.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-12-01 18:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Marshey said: »
What's the fastest way to get Alluvion Skirmish augment stones or gil to buy them?

I'm trying to get some decent gear so I can tackle the Escha NMs. It seems like nobody is doing Alluvion much anymore and I'm having a hard time finding reliable gil making methods to buy stones. I don't want to be a hindrance to groups doing new content so I want to put together some decent sets before I dive in.

Is there anything I can do solo with mediocre gear to make some money? I know Alluvion is sort of soloable but that doesn't get me many of the stones I need and tends to not give too much money. Are dynamis and salvage still the best way to get some quick gil?

Would really depend on your server's demand on relics or mythics. On Lakshmi its really died down alot. What I would suggest and would be your easiest way to make gil, is to get sparks and convert them into gil by npcing the items you purchase with it, such as Acheron Shield or the like. So just keep up with daily roe objectives.

If you have access to blm, you can go into abyssea and spam ga1 spells on multiple mobs you gather up and get the 500+ damage trial done at a pretty good rate. Another one is, you can burn your imprims on coalition assignments and convert them into HP-Bayld from an mithran NPC in Eastern Adoulin named Runje Desaali @J-10. 10k bayld = 1 hp bayld rate.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-01 20:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me how to save macro to server in order to load on another pc? Thanks

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-01 20:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Can anyone tell me how to save macro to server in order to load on another pc? Thanks

It is right there every time you have been logging in.

How the fudge do I reach it?
By Zephin 2015-12-01 20:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Press + beside numpad
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-01 20:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »

Press + beside numpad

thank you so much lol
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 20:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
What's the respawn on Colo and Lair reives now? I seemingly keep stumbling on conflicting information.
For most areas, it's 1 hour for Col, 15 min for Lair. For Ra'Kaznars and Cirdas, it's 15 min for Col and 5 min for Lair.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-01 20:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Press + beside numpad

thank you so much lol

What if I don't have + besides numpad? I have a Samsung ativ book 9 plus and it doesn't have the + besides numpad. It doesn't have the numpad period lol.

Thank again in advance .
By Zephin 2015-12-01 21:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Press + beside numpad

thank you so much lol

What if I don't have + besides numpad? I have a Samsung ativ book 9 plus and it doesn't have the + besides numpad. It doesn't have the numpad period lol.

Thank again in advance .

mini keyboards sometimes have the option to push "Fn" and another key with a blue +. At least on the mini i have access to, it has a full numpad if you use the "Fn" key.
By Colossusx 2015-12-02 00:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When trying to get legend rank for a Coalition, can you repeat the same one over and over to rank up or have to do ones of a higher lvl? Also about how many per Coalition would it take to become legend if starting from scratch?
By Draylo 2015-12-02 00:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do that but the higher tier ones will rank you up faster.
By Colossusx 2015-12-02 00:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
You can do that but the higher tier ones will rank you up faster.
best case scenario, can you do a Coalition a week to legend?
By Draylo 2015-12-02 00:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No no way sadly, it takes 8 months total from scratch iirc. So like a month per coalition?
First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 834 835 836