Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 834 835 836
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 08:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Luminohelix said: »
What is the minimum required bodies to do t1-t3 escha for Zitah?

You can pop on your own.
I think he's probably asking the minimum requirements to clear the content.
By Luminohelix 2015-11-23 08:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pop on your own.
Sorry, let me rephrase I was half asleep when I posted that. What jobs would be needed to low man these. I do not have many trusts I only got the ones that are given to you and the new shantoto.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-23 08:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pop on your own.
Sorry, let me rephrase I was half asleep when I posted that. What jobs would be needed to low man these. I do not have many trusts I only got the ones that are given to you and the new shantoto.

Probably gonna need A Tank, WHM then whatever DD power you can muster up.
THF can be a good DD with Rudra's storm. Just becareful though some the T1-T3 Zi'Tah NMs have Perfect Defence and other kinds of stuff like that so just be warned. ;)
By Luminohelix 2015-11-23 08:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Would curilla/triton/gessho be good enough tanks? :3
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-23 11:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gessho and Trion yeah maybe. that might just work. You wont know until you try :)
By Luminohelix 2015-11-23 12:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have August or amchuchu I never got trusts until I came back. So sorry about that ._. I know I'm a noob. I jus want to be able to tackle some of these.
By minikomby 2015-11-23 15:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know where fish Far East Puffer and what bait?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-23 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any other CP bonuses not listed here? Going to be starting CP farming some time soon. Want to make it as efficient as i can naturally.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-23 19:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
are there any other CP bonuses not listed here? Going to be starting CP farming some time soon. Want to make it as efficient as i can naturally.

Looks fairly complete. The only thing that can add to it that I'm aware of is the Cor using Crooked Cards JA, which grants an additional 20% bonus to the next Phantom Roll, which would get Corsair Roll as high as 44%

Edit:: Just noticed that list is also missing Moghancement: Bounty, which I believe gives either 5% or 10% bonus, gained only from the furnishing Vana'clock
[+]
By Davorin 2015-11-23 19:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
does anyone know where fish Far East Puffer and what bait?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Far_East_Puffer
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-11-23 21:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Came back for the free campaign and had some fun messing around. Just wondered if anyone could give me advice about doing skirmish. Shouts seem few and far between on siren so with trusts could I solo any and if so are there any guides out there for doing it?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-23 21:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Looks fairly complete. The only thing that can add to it that I'm aware of is the Cor using Crooked Cards JA, which grants an additional 20% bonus to the next Phantom Roll, which would get Corsair Roll as high as 44%

Edit:: Just noticed that list is also missing Moghancement: Bounty, which I believe gives either 5% or 10% bonus, gained only from the furnishing Vana'clock

damn.. another think i missed from that event ><
i get annoyed as hell with quitilda some times tho. Not using that xp roll.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-23 21:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey guys,

Came back for the free campaign and had some fun messing around. Just wondered if anyone could give me advice about doing skirmish. Shouts seem few and far between on siren so with trusts could I solo any and if so are there any guides out there for doing it?

theirs different kinds of skirmish. The original skirmishes with had the lvl 113(?) armor equip. And the Aluvion Skirmishes with the 119 gear. And then each lvl had its different areas for weapons and armor.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-11-23 21:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to get a hagondes set so my blm can be more useable for shouts and stuff which I believe is yorcia right? I've had a look on bg but I always prefer to trust the community on here when it comes to advice.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-23 22:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its in yorcia. but beware there is a new yorcia version as well with a higher challange/difficulty.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-24 00:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea. He only uses it when you have an XP/CP ring active.
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-11-24 00:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it soloable by any jobs with trusts?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-24 03:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Is it soloable by any jobs with trusts?
Alluvion Yorcia? If you use a sash trigger and spend 1000 points to summon Shijin you get Kirin who summons the other Shijin and can solo the floor, never done it but Josiahfk has a video of him soloing a 3-3-3 sash skirmish on THF:
YouTube Video Placeholder

EDIT: You'll get mostly orb stones but they sell for basically the same price as the other stones so even if you don't need orb stones you can sell the ones you don't need and buy the ones you do need.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-11-24 12:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the current strategies for Vagary Hand/Feet/Body/Leg clears? I've put them off for way too long and wouldn't mind making my own shout group to finish them but have absolutely no idea how to go about doing it.
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-11-24 12:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
What are the current strategies for Vagary Hand/Feet/Body/Leg clears? I've put them off for way too long and wouldn't mind making my own shout group to finish them but have absolutely no idea how to go about doing it.

Edit: i apologize, i completely read setups for vagary not strategy lol so i changed my post...

Hands - Putraxia - there are lots of elementals and 3 NMs in this zone, including the boss. You can ignore the elementals for the most part unless you are planning to nuke the boss, he absorbs all elemental damage unless you kill the group of corresponding elementals. We prefer to nuke ice on the boss so we kill the ice ele's. Also, kill the dark ele's after the 2nd NM as this will prevent the boss from being able to cast death. Aside from that, you can run straight to each NM, who are accompanied by roughly 8 hybrid elementals that do aggro/link. Pld pulls the NM while the rest drop all of the eles, after the ele's, move on to the NM. NM #1, umbril, pretty easy fight, nuke fire and bring holy waters for terminal broom at low hp. Also has a zombie move that prevents curing for short durations. NM #2, pixie, the toughest NM in the zone. Has AoE dispel/knockback moves which are a huge pain for front line jobs who arent pld. Also takes reduced magic damage but not so bad that its impossible to clear it with mages. Rng smn and bst do well on this NM as well. Bring a form of dispel for her as well. NM #3, Putraxia, pretty easy fight and you can pull him without elemental aggro easily enough. Kill dark ele's to lock death spell and this fight is cake. Don't do sc's unless you killed that group of ele's. Has access to Hundred Fists and can be bound if necessary for emergencies.

Feet - Rancibus - there are 6 pillars and 3 rounds in this zone. 1 contains an NM, the other 5 contains several waves of mobs. You have to find the NM and kill it to advance to the next round where the process starts over again. This zone requires some luck in picking pillars, but isnt overly difficult. AoE jobs are king here to dispatch waves of mobs at once, especially blu. Each wave of mob has an elemental weakness, listed on the bg vagary page, which helps a ton. NM #1 - Meekculler - basic fight, avoid AoE due to some nasty status effects, otherwise he is cake. NM #2 - Brimboil - slow fight because of no spike damage allowed, meaning no ws's, ready moves, or high tier nukes. If it takes more than 3-4k damage in 1 shot, it splits and begins to destroy your alliance. If it does split, the babies can split again if they receive spike damage, so mistakes can cause this fight to spiral out of control quickly. NM #3 - Rancibus - Easy fight, just nuke it down, I remember fire doing well and ice too i think. Nothing special about him, just dumb luck trying to even get to him in time.

Legs/Body - Perfidien/Plouton - Both of these fights are extremely similar so I am combining them. Popping them however is extremely specific and that is listed on the bg wiki page. A sch can do the 4 step and 6 step sc by using immanence nukes. The 6 step sc needs to be closed with an actual ws though, so i use starburst. I can give you more details if you want via PM once im not using my phone lol. The fights themselves however... no one can die at any point or the NM warps away, even if it happens before you pop, they will leave and you wont be able to spawn them. The first 10% on both are a little slow, you can nuke whatever element you want but their meva is extremely high in this phase. Once you grind through that first 10%, he will do a 2hr animation and become weak to 1 specific element. Nuking the wrong element will result in either 0 damage or he will absorb it, forcing an encumberance aura proportional to the amount of damage absorbed. If he absorbs too much, plouton will get access to a tp move called bane of tartarus, which is full dispel and weakness, cant remember if perf does something similar. Just use t1 nukes after 2hr animation to find his weakness and nuke him down. He will randomly change weaknesses mid fight so keep a sharp eye on him so you dont get screwed midcast lol.

Sorry for the essay, but thats basically all i can think of for those bosses, feel free to PM me with questions, id be happy to answer them. Good luck with your clears.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-11-24 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I~ haven't really played since back in September of last year. That said, I'm hoping to play again for a little bit, however every time I log in I feel kinda lost & out of place.

Any chance someone could explain what all's changed/what's new? Some basics on what the "in" content is right now & such? I mean, I can look up a lot of stuff on BG of course, but I'd love some general guidance. ^_^;

Also if someone could help me piece together a gearswap(if people still use it? O.o) and such, I kinda lost everything I once had in terms of macros & gearswap when my old Harddrive died in mid-April. : /

Thank you for any assistance. :D
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-24 16:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea. He only uses it when you have an XP/CP ring active.

i also heard about cheer bonus and a trust (unity leader) bonus. Tho i havent started mog garden and im not switching off apururu!
By MrFunk 2015-11-24 20:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the details on the HP scaling of Escha NM's? I can't find the specific info I want. It seems like with members <= 6 there is none. If so, are there % increments per person after that? I know some other areas had HP changes I'm just unsure about Escha.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-11-25 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a list or link to the Reisenjima Geas Fete ??? locations?

Can't seem to find one, thanks.
By Davorin 2015-11-25 18:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back after almost a year break and getting caught back up. I went to see Paparoon, in Nashmau, to refresh my memory on how many alexandrites I had turned in towards a Conqueror before my break and I am getting the options and dialogue from him to start Duties, Tasks, and Deeds, and then I am told to make space in my inventory. This is likely for assault memoires which I already have because I have already started this quest. I did not abandon the quest nor have I completed it. Am I misremembering which NPC to talk to to see my progress?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-26 14:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

MrFunk said: »
What are the details on the HP scaling of Escha NM's? I can't find the specific info I want. It seems like with members <= 6 there is none. If so, are there % increments per person after that? I know some other areas had HP changes I'm just unsure about Escha.
Believe for Gaes Fate fights you are looking at adding 1/6 of the monsters base hp per each character over 6
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-26 19:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are additional WS effects, like Blind on Yukikaze or Stun on Hobaku, influenced by Macc? I know they are influenced by TP but wasn't sure anything else helped.
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 834 835 836