Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 380 381 382 ... 834 835 836
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-07-29 17:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't but let me know when u find one dray
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-07-29 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Not even sure where to begin backreading. I just started logging in after about a year layoff or so. Missed Unity and all that.

Is Esche-Zitah like an abyssea/voidwatch activity? Is it good stuff? Low-man?

I plan on annoying my old ls mates with texts to entice them to login again. I login to empty and it makes me QQ.
From my limited experience it is some combination of Delve, VW and aby. Farm exp to earn silt to use for pops, buffs, and warps. Some gear is upgradable and use eschalixirs. Gear comes from NMs. Need to beat all T1 NMS to pop a T2. Beat all T2 to unlock T3. BG has a good rewards page. More paths for gear than delve as well. Unity has some great stuff and some junk so build some accolades and check BG page for what interests you.

Edit: gotta stop doing this on my phone, auto correct is killing me.
By Draylo 2015-07-29 22:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone know whats the best meebles area to spam for research marks?

Well to answer my question, seems the mimic one where you guess the chest number is the best for points. That one is tedious and takes forever so I just spammed Assistant #4 in Batallia and it takes 2m to complete gathering all the mobs to AOE down. 4.3k per round (w/6) and its nice and quick.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-30 01:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticed I still use Manibozho Brais in some parts of my LUAs for some of my jobs.
I use it with the following three purposes

1. DEX based WS normal set (Rudra, Evisceration, Blade: Shun)

2. Some non-DEX based WS, but in acc set

3. TP acc set in a couple of jobs

Can anybody think of a single item I could use to replace Manibozho in all of these roles?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-30 01:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon with max augments would be about the same and potentially better depending on the purpose.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-30 02:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought about Taeon, but to make a Taeon Tights piece suitable for all those situations I would have to go with:

Snow: Acc/Att +20
Leaf: TA+2
Dusk: DEX+10

Basically highest possible augs in those categories. Which is not really something very cheap/easy to do, except the leaf slot. Could take you over 60 mils and still not reach the amounts you want. Not what I'd call a particularly inspiring perspective for a piece that, even with such augs, would barely grant an increase over the current one.

That "perfect" Taeon would grant me over Manibozho:
  • +16 Accuracy

• -8 Attack

• -2 DEX

• +4 STR

• +4 TA

So judging at the three roles I listed before.
It would be greatly better for role number 3, likely better for role number 2, not so sure on role number 1 (which is the main one). Probably slightly better? (less DEX, less Att, more TA)
I dunno, the randomness of Augments kinda demotivates me from even trying (already have Taeon Tights on mule of course).
But maybe that's just my bias because of bad experiences with past Random augmentation systems (spent like ~70 mils in stones, and I can't claim I have obtained anything particularly noteworthy, a couple of pieces maybe but no more)
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-07-30 09:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't think of any situation off the top of my head where 16 acc, 4 str and 4 TA wouldn't beat 2 dex and 8? att.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-07-31 22:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I can't think of any situation off the top of my head where 16 acc, 4 str and 4 TA wouldn't beat 2 dex and 8? att.
Any rudra's situation where you cap acc?

Did they change something so that triple attack no longer affects weapon skills? You're still gonna need the accuracy piece 90% of the time when you aren't acc capped anyways.
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-08-03 23:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the capacity points from RoE's content tab permanent? If so how much of a bonus?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-08-03 23:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to answer my question, seems the mimic one where you guess the chest number is the best for points. That one is tedious and takes forever so I just spammed Assistant #4 in Batallia and it takes 2m to complete gathering all the mobs to AOE down. 4.3k per round (w/6) and its nice and quick.

I just spam the one where you need to reach Point #3 without getting KO'd. Go either DNC or /THF and use chocobo jig or flee to speed through the zone without getting hit at all.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-08-04 00:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Any rudra's situation where you cap acc?

Did they change something so that triple attack no longer affects weapon skills? You're still gonna need the accuracy piece 90% of the time when you aren't acc capped anyways.
In regards to "single-hit" WSs like Rudra's Storm, multihit doesn't increase damage by a great deal. (Namely this is due to ƒTP being a forced 1.0 for each hit after the first.)
As opposed to almost all multihit WSs (nowadays it's a shorter list to say which multihit WS does NOT transfer ƒTP) where multi attack procs greatly increase WS damage.

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Are the capacity points from RoE's content tab permanent? If so how much of a bonus?
If you mean from the completion of the reive objectives, then yes. They are a permanent increase.
1% for colonization, 2% for lair, and 3% for WKRs. (I may have mixed up the colonization and lair, but I believe that's their values. It's listed on the objective.)
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-08-04 05:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Sauromugue Researcher #4, might take longer than 2m but it's another fast one and you get 4.8k with 6 characters. Kill 2 Maroliths and then cleave the meebles
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-04 06:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a slight confusion with Skirmish and Alluvion Skirmish augments.

From reading BGWiki, it seems to suggest that each tier of stone, NQ, +1 and +2 offer higher lower and upper limits for each augment, so you not only atand to gain better augments potentially but get a much higher value range to pick from.

Whereas it suggests in Alluvion Skirmish that the upper limit on each tiered stone is the same but it follows a similar pattern with the increasing lower limits.

Is that the case? How exactly do augments work in both types of Skirmish.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-04 07:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes seems to favor pet augments more than anything else, at least for me all I see on my Hagondes legs +1 is pet augments.

But then again I've never been a fan of the RNG bs anyway.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-08-04 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Is that the case? How exactly do augments work in both types of Skirmish.

Normal Skirmish augments cap lower with lower tier stones, and you're not even guaranteed to get anything other than PDT unless you use a +2 stone. Additionally, possible augments are based on the type of equipment, and level (i119'ed items can get two augments).

Alluvion augments will always give you something, almost always based on the stone that you trade for that augment slot - there's a low chance that you can get something outside of what the stone is supposed to give.

You can get max augments from any tier stone, but far as I've seen, it's like you said. Higher tier stones have increased lower limits, skewing them towards max augments, where NQ are a complete crapshoot.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-04 08:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think any augment is favoured on any piece. It's just random, period.
Also small samples always feed up personal bias.

If the current day/time data are part of the randomization formula, then there might be instances where trying to augments several times in a row might give more relevance to certain augments, but I'm highly skeptic of that because it would be quite an elementary, naive, simplified and stupid way of hanlding randomization and after 13 years of game's life it would've been sorted out already and exploited several times.

So no, I doubt there's any augment favoured on any piece. Random is random!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-04 08:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I must just be very unlucky with augments then because since I upgraded my hagondes legs I've yet to see anything other than pet augments, and even though everyone says MaB/M.acc augments on Helios is "common" I've personally never seen it, and I'm not talking about one or two stones dropped on them.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-04 08:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I probably made a mistake, I told myself, I'll get a good augment again and upgraded my Hagondes Pants with a 20 MAB augment to +1 so bye bye 20 MAB!
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-04 08:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up a new pair of legs and +1'd those because I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting a useful augment on them. At least this way I can make use of my NQ legs with MaB+20% rather than the +1 that only ever get pet augments lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-04 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I must just be very unlucky with augments then because since I upgraded my hagondes legs I've yet to see anything other than pet augments
Trust mne they become suddenly very rare when you're actually LOOKING for them :'D

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-05 08:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhapsodies chatper 2, mission 15

You must check a cavernous maw to get a cutscene.

I don't get the cutscene eventhough I finished the wotg story line years ago.

Is anybody having the same issue ?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-05 08:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a help desk call. Let's see what happens.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-08-05 08:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

pol code 5434 wtf is this
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-05 08:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
pol code 5434 wtf is this
From what little digging I did, it seems like it might be for a failed subscription payment.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-08-05 08:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm none of my characters are even due to pay up
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-05 09:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Hagondes seems to favor pet augments more than anything else, at least for me all I see on my Hagondes legs +1 is pet augments. But then again I've never been a fan of the RNG bs anyway.
It only seems more likely due to the pool, say for example you use a wailing stone +2 and luck out and get the ~1% chance of best augment imaginable:

-12.5% chance for it being macc+30
-12.5% chance for mab+30
-12.5% chance for fast cast +5%
-12.5% chance for enmity -5
-12.5% chance for pet ranged attack+30
-12.5% chance for pet attack+30
-12.5% chance for pet magic acc+30
-12.5% chance for pet mab+30

so since half the possible augments include pet augments, you see them at least half the time usually even if every type only gets a single roll.

yeah, it's not an even spread like that. I pumped well over 500 +1's into my HQ hagondes legs and only got 1 augment ever that wasn't pet.
First Page 2 3 ... 380 381 382 ... 834 835 836