Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 369 370 371 ... 834 835 836
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-05-18 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all that done, I had Mog Safe 2 but when I logged back in a day later it was gone and no matter how many times I select Layout it does nothing. My LS mate lost their second floor furnishings too so I'm going to assume this is broken for some. Glad I didn't put anything in either place before this happened.

Actually I just rebooted and Mog Safe 2 is back on my menu and layout is working. Was looking like this 5 minutes ago
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-18 16:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do WKRs drop in price?
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-19 07:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to keep the mog satchel after disabling the software token?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-19 07:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Yeah, you don't lose mog satchel access if you disable the token.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-19 08:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Yeah, you don't lose mog satchel access if you disable the token.

Ok, thanks. I knew that I would keep the satchel after disabling the security token, but wasn't sure about the software token.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-19 08:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Do WKRs drop in price?
AFAIK, you can only drop WKR to 15k, it hasn't dropped further except for during events.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-05-19 18:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious, but what are the good methods to exp these days? I read people complaining about Escha in another thread and how GoV/FoV did the job already well enough, so curious if Escha is now an option or not for low level exping.

Or is it still best to camp move with books and the crazy exp options we have these days?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-19 19:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Will my vanaclock give the xp and cp bonus even if my moghouse is setup with mog enhancement smithing or do I need to remove that?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-05-19 19:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The XP/CP bonus is Moghancement: Bounty, so you need to reconfigure things so that you get that.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-19 19:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! Darn.. in before next keyitem lets us have all enhancements at once.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2015-05-19 22:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible for coalitions to lose their...building parts? Flags, Terraces, etc?
I've had Weatherspoon Souliers for ages, which according to BG is unlocked with the Adoulinian Flag.
Cerberus does not currently have that flag. Or Traditional Armor III as a result.
No weatherspoon/shneddick/gourny/karieyh+1/orvail+1/thurandaut+1 hand or feet at all.
Peacekeeper's is also only Rank 6 somehow(After two years. Seems strange even if their assignments are crap for bayld).

But uh, yeah. It's possible to lose parts of their building, or maybe delevel? Feels strange. I was gone for just a bit over a year and recently returned, so I'm not sure if the above is possible, or if there was some adjustment to coalitions at some point.
By Zeota 2015-05-19 22:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the most efficient way to get nyzul tokens solo? 96-100 seems like a bad idea since it only yields around 2100 and you need 1900 to get in.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-19 23:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Is it possible for coalitions to lose their...building parts? Flags, Terraces, etc?
I've had Weatherspoon Souliers for ages, which according to BG is unlocked with the Adoulinian Flag.
Cerberus does not currently have that flag. Or Traditional Armor III as a result.
No weatherspoon/shneddick/gourny/karieyh+1/orvail+1/thurandaut+1 hand or feet at all.
Peacekeeper's is also only Rank 6 somehow(After two years. Seems strange even if their assignments are crap for bayld).

But uh, yeah. It's possible to lose parts of their building, or maybe delevel? Feels strange. I was gone for just a bit over a year and recently returned, so I'm not sure if the above is possible, or if there was some adjustment to coalitions at some point.
They slowly lose their rank if nobody is doing any assignments in them. If you can get a small group of people to commit to using their imprimaturs on one coalition in a week, then it will almost certainly rank up. Fortunately, a recent developer post mentioned they are looking to adjust the coalitions in a way that makes it easier to maintain their rank with even fewer people.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2015-05-19 23:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I had no idea ranks could decay at all, but it definitely explains the missing items and the huge difference between Scouts/Couriers/Inventors and all the rest.Thanks for that, didn't see it mentioned on BG at all(but maybe didn't look hard enough).

Sort of an awful mechanic, but glad to see SE is considering changing adjusting it.
By minikomby 2015-05-20 01:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello

How do you get apururu trust?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-20 01:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Do WKRs drop in price?
AFAIK, you can only drop WKR to 15k, it hasn't dropped further except for during events.
How do? Mine are 30k.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-20 01:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Do WKRs drop in price?
How do? Mine are 30k.
Build up coalition rank and fame, they'll go down. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the future RoV KIs reduces it even further, though I'd really also like to see reduced respawn times on WKRs.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-20 02:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
So what's the most efficient way to get nyzul tokens solo? 96-100 seems like a bad idea since it only yields around 2100 and you need 1900 to get in.

You don't exit after 100. The lamp can warp you down to the first floor so you can keep climbing.

minikomby said: »
Hello

How do you get apururu trust?

You don't really "get" her but gain temporary access to her as long as your personal unity rank is high enough while you are in Apururu Unity. When conditions are met, she appears in your trust list.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-05-20 20:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentially a stupid question but someone mentioned it and never thought about it before.

If you server transfer while the Relic Goblin is holding something (waiting the last 3 day period atm) it won't mess anything up would it?
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-05-20 21:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »
Potentially a stupid question but someone mentioned it and never thought about it before.

If you server transfer while the Relic Goblin is holding something (waiting the last 3 day period atm) it won't mess anything up would it?

It would.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-05-20 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
It would.

Guess I'll wait the three days then. Thanks
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-21 10:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got back to the game a few weeks ago. After unlocking almost all of the + capacity exp bonuses I'm finally ready to bust out some job points. Where is the best area for me to Ochain/a.edge cleave or just grind cp party style if that's faster than a cleave. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-22 17:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually curious about this myself, I always do CP burns dual boxing because I hate people but Woh Gates Map#2 bats camp is increasingly getting less open, what is a good alternative?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-22 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since CP gain is reduced for parties in any area except the Gates and Cirdas (or at least according to SE, I never checked other areas like Ra'Kaznar), you're stuck with one of those 5.

Cirdas: Has Funguars, Frogs, Spiders, Rafflesias, Fat Bats, Triple Bats, and Acuexes in the southern section. I personally prefer this place when solo simply because few of the enemies aggro and they are less evasive than Woh Gates bats. With a real party, you'll end up having to make a circuit around the SE part of the map, which contains all the above enemies except the Triple Bats. Only real problems with this area are that Rafflesias can Amnesia, Spiders can Slow, and there are little fungi in some rooms that shoot out poison. Large enough to support multiple solo/duo groups though.
Sih Gates: Two major camps I've found both contain Fat Bats and Diremites. One is SW at the Diremite NM ??? (similar to Woh's Bat camp), and the other SE, which has the largest supply of enemies in any CP party camp I've seen so far. Only issue is Diremites using Filamented Hold to overwrite any Haste. There are other enemies in the zone that I haven't tried CPing on due to being spread out amongst hallways.
Moh Gates: Right at the entrance is a large room filled with Raptors, Efts, Leeches, and something else, I forget. Never tried this one but it seems decent enough.
Dho Gates: A very large circuit at the entrance with Slugs, Flies, Crabs, and I think Worms. There is also a larger room that might be decent, but enemies are sort of spread out so you'd want a good puller, especially if kill speed is high. On the original map, south of a Col. Reive is a good section filled with Efts, Crabs, Pugils, and Worms.
By Malebolge 2015-05-23 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they make WKRs substantially easier? I did one for the first time in months the other day and I was taking less damage from Kumhau/Hurkan TP moves with DNC sub than I used to with RUN sub.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-25 09:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trick to the SoA mission To the Victor... where you have to play Boom or Bust with Teodor. I've tried staying when I get a 6-8 but he always wins by 1 or its a draw.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-05-25 09:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No particular trick to it, no. Are you utilizing your extra moves though? Like swapping cards or making him reroll?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-25 10:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Is there a trick to the SoA mission To the Victor... where you have to play Boom or Bust with Teodor. I've tried staying when I get a 6-8 but he always wins by 1 or its a draw.

He cheats, the mission post on BGWIKI even says so.

Use your cheats against him and you should do fine.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-25 10:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
He cheats, the mission post on BGWIKI even says so.

Use your cheats against him and you should do fine.

It feel's like its hopeless. I have been using my cheats but it's not fair I'm forced to go first. Guess I just have horrible luck.
First Page 2 3 ... 369 370 371 ... 834 835 836