Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 360 361 362 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-20 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So finally gonna stop being lazy and unlock my PUP Mythic WS, was curious how to go about it. Have some friends coming to join in the coming weeks after Bloodborne comes out but would like to unlock this right now. That being said I assume doing original Nyzule would be quite annoying to do without other people due to lamp floors.

After doing quite some times nyzul isle, i would say lamp floor isnt the worst, but actually huge floors. Lamp floor is fine if you can get a short floor with low rooms, or with lamps close to each other.

I used to tribox nyzul, and it was pretty common doing 12 floors average. With real people, prob can go 15 (no flee hacks, filter etc).

If you use windower, activating ffxidb, a small map, gives you some hints, maybe can be called cheating. The maps arent accurate, actually its totally off. But you can see the red dots (enemies) and green dots (lamps) so it makes easier to climb.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-20 22:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
I see, thank you. As far as my friend wanting to get his dancer one, the amount of WS points you need to get is based off of your PERSONAL climb on the runic disk right? So if me and him climb on mine to 100 only I will get the runic key and not him right?

Regarding to unlocking mythic WS:

Quote:
In the “Unlocking a Myth” line of quests, the number of skillchains required to complete the quest is now set as if players have reached floor 100 in Nyzul Isle, regardless of how many floors they have completed.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43135

So, you can use a disk with floor 100 just to get the weapon you need and be good to go.

But for purpose of clearing your own disk, you need to effectively clear all 100 floor step by step.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-03-20 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the amount of WS points needed was changed to 250 no matter where your disk sits at, about 6 months ago.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-03-20 22:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is amano anywhere close to being better then shark GK. I really just want to spend rest of my gil on it since I've always wanted one, but if its no where close I'll do something else.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-21 04:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Is amano anywhere close to being better then shark GK. I really just want to spend rest of my gil on it since I've always wanted one, but if its no where close I'll do something else.

If you just want to throw your gil at something. Then it would be better thrown at a Koga imo. Since it is the best GK out-to-date, yes it's a pain to finish but it's worth it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-21 09:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »

If you don't have Yoichi, that would be the better relic to make first. Amano is a great weapon, but Tsuru beats it most of the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 18:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

what key do i hit on the computer to open my chat log so it fills my screen so i can go back and read past messages that have not fallen off the log?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-25 18:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

F
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-03-26 17:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I see the 119 empy options? Wear a 109 and chat or make a full set? I have burned through a number of chapters to no avail.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-03-26 21:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What model is the Claidheamh Soluis? Trying to find it on AltanaView but it isn't listed under that name. A few swords look similar but it's hard to tell. Or if anyone knows the .dat file for it that would be very helpful.
 Valefor.Caivian
Server: Valefor
user: Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-26 21:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
How do I see the 119 empy options? Wear a 109 and chat or make a full set? I have burned through a number of chapters to no avail.

It seems you have to clear the different Vagary bosses to see the different slots (feet is one boss, legs another etc). These bosses also happen to drop some of the upgrade items required for the slot they "unlock".
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaeneko
Server: Bahamut
user: Kaerin
By Bahamut.Kaeneko 2015-03-27 21:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have 3% weapon skill damage on 3 pieces of gear, is it *1.09 or *1.03*1.03*1.03 and for multihit ws's does it apply to the first or did it get changed to apply to all hits like the gorgets and belts?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-27 22:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaeneko said: »
If I have 3% weapon skill damage on 3 pieces of gear, is it *1.09 or *1.03*1.03*1.03 and for multihit ws's does it apply to the first or did it get changed to apply to all hits like the gorgets and belts?

Gear is additive in that case. So 1.09. I THINK a it is applied to all hits.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-27 22:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to measure how much data FFXI uses? I may have to use my phone as a wifi hotspot, so I can play on my laptop while not at home.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 23:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Is there a way to measure how much data FFXI uses? I may have to use my phone as a wifi hotspot, so I can play on my laptop while not at home.

Yes and no, there's not a built-in function like that, but there's plenty of ways to check your data usage, usually your carrier will track it for you in some catagorized way, but there's apps you can download as well.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-28 01:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Yes and no, there's not a built-in function like that, but there's plenty of ways to check your data usage, usually your carrier will track it for you in some catagorized way, but there's apps you can download as well.

I meant from my computer before I try it. Like a program I can run that can track data from Firefox, ffxi, all separately.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I meant from my computer before I try it. Like a program I can run that can track data from Firefox, ffxi, all separately.

There are a few out there, but if all your traffic is going through your mobile connection, you may as well just use resource monitor to track your total bandwidth on that connection. You can also track your bandwidth by process.

I haven't used any non-windows utilities for that besides Wireshark, which is beyond overkill for your purposes.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-29 06:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Quanpur Necklace's earth magic attack act as potency or just extra mab for stone spells? It's labeled differently than things like Pixie Hairpin +1 which are potency.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-29 07:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Potency. Earth spells are only a little weaker than aero/ice spells and should be a little stronger than thunder spells.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-29 21:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if altana viewer is still around and being updated i wanted to download it but do not know where to look.
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2015-03-30 02:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

weird question on Linkshell naming. I;m trying to name a linkshell with pearl i bought and says cant name it. I know there is a way that I can do a gm call to have them break it. I know there is no linkshell on my server called madhouse. How would I do a gm call in game?
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-30 05:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
anyone know if altana viewer is still around and being updated i wanted to download it but do not know where to look.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33722/altana-viewer/6/

There is a link on the page to the last update done by Krizz.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-30 07:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

what do i need to open a rar file?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-30 07:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The ability to do a Google Search.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-30 07:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are on windows based operating system you can just right click and extract files to the location you want as long as you are current on your windows updates.
Otherwise winrar or 7zip are most common.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-30 07:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »

If you are on windows based operating system you can just right click and extract files to the location you want as long as you are current on your windows updates.
Otherwise winrar or 7zip are most common.
Ok thanks this is the only rar file i ever downloaded till now. but i got winzip for free so i will use that for now.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-30 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So last update they added a capacity bonus reward to reive RoE objectives. They all say "first time completion of this objective" and it is not clear if we get the bonus by completing all objectives under the same category for once or every single reive objective gives the bonus for completing once (which obviously sounds too good to be true). So which is true?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-30 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The CP bonus works more like a gift, not a bonus to the CP you earn from the RoE itself. That is, completing all Reive RoEs will grant you a permanent +56% bonus to CP gain. These bonuses apply retroactively, so you need not worry about RoEs you already completed.

10 Lair Reive RoEs, 1% CP bonus for each
14 Colonization Reive RoEs, 2% CP bonus for each
6 Wildskeeper Reive RoEs, 3% CP bonus for each
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 360 361 362 ... 834 835 836