Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 356 357 358 ... 836 837 838
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 05:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Quote:
With only haste 2 and 25% haste equip, need 56 total dual wield (trait + equip)

So is my math correct?

Trait Dualwield amount = 30 "This is not setting molting plumage nor having the new jobtrait for blu that increases points for traits.
Gear = 15

So with /dnc would I be over cap and could take off dualwield spells? Or do I need to set molting also and stay /dnc.

If I /dnc does that dualwield combine with my traited Dualwield?

As i was playing with that in excel:
Caps
Dw1:
No haste magic: dw63
Haste samba: dw60
Haste1: dw57
Haste2: dw47
Caphaste: dw25
Dw2:
No haste magic: dw58
Haste samba: dw54
Haste1: dw52
Haste2: dw41
Caphaste: dw20
Dw3:
No haste magic: dw48
Haste samba: dw44
Haste1: dw42
Haste2: dw31
Caphaste: dw11
Dw4:
No haste magic: dw43
Haste samba: dw39
Haste1: dw37
Haste2: dw26
Caphaste: dw5
Dw5:
No haste magic: dw38
Haste samba: dw34
Haste1: dw32
Haste2: dw21
Caphaste: 0
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-26 08:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not combine job traits from main and subjob. Whichever is higher takes effect.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-02-26 11:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ACP final fight. There's a trick to it, but what? Wiped twice now with ilvl job, still does dmg for 600-700 which isn't helpful.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 12:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
ACP final fight. There's a trick to it, but what? Wiped twice now with ilvl job, still does dmg for 600-700 which isn't helpful.

Bst.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 12:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Anyone have a flow chart for abyssea stuff like there is for ZNM's here? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category%3AZeni_Notorious_Monsters

To get the mega boss kis? I think wikia mention the path to mega boss for every zone. But usually its 1 or 2 kis pop. Just glavoid that basically ask you to beat half zone (and lacovie as you to beat entire zone).
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-26 14:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dw4:

If I'm understand this right setting all Dualwield BLU spells I would need 26 in Gear even /dnc to cap delay reduction since I don't have the job gift that enhances traits? Sorry for 20 questions just trying to be the bests I can be.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 14:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dw4:

If I'm understand this right setting all Dualwield BLU spells I would need 26 in Gear even /dnc to cap delay reduction since I don't have the job gift that enhances traits? Sorry for 20 questions just trying to be the bests I can be.

As spndcnjhdbcuhdudch- something said:

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
You do not combine job traits from main and subjob. Whichever is higher takes effect.

So, setting all your spells to max dw, you will reach native 35% (dw5), so you check the list below dw5. If you have anything above dw2 by spells, /dnc wont help in anything for dw, and shouldnt be used.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-26 14:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
Dw4:

So, setting all your spells to max dw, you will reach native 35% (dw5), so you check the list below dw5. If you have anything above dw2 by spells, /dnc wont help in anything for dw, and shouldnt be used.

So for example going solo in salvage with Haste 2. Subbing dnc is pointless? The number after Haste 2 is Gear Dualwield?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 16:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
Dw4:

So for example going solo in salvage with Haste 2. Subbing dnc is pointless? The number after Haste 2 is Gear Dualwield?

Im not really used to blus trait, but take thf as an example. Thf has dw3 as native trait so subbing /dnc wont contribute with any dw, because /dnc provides dw2 and it will be overwrited by thfs dw3.

Blu can stack spells to achieve higher traits. Setting all 6 spells will result in dw3, so, with all 6 spells you dont need dw2 from /dnc. If set just 2 spells, your native dw will be 1, so /dnc will contribute to reduces your delay. With 4 spells, dw2 will be the same as native, and be useless.

Neglecting others jas from dnc, like waltz, jigs or steps, if youre looking only in dw, you will use /dnc just if you just have 2 dw spells in your setup. Anything higher, your dw will be determined by the dw from spells.

Now lets say you have all 6 spells for dw plus gift. I supose your dw will be dw5, so dw+30%. In that case, with just haste 2, you will still need dw21 to cap your attack delay reduction.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-26 17:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg has a map with listed pops and locations. Not sure what you would need besides that but ffxiclopedia has listed NMs and pops in a ctrl+f-friendly environment (my computer doesn't like it but at least they fixed the search function). Pedia used to have trees but I cannot seem to see them on my mobile.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-02-26 20:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

since the last little update, anyone else only getting credit for one kill when you aoe nuke? I've tried to do it today and yesterday to farm my 20 magic kills/20 kills/other accolade trials. Gather up a bunch of whatever type mobs and go to town. I only get xp and cp for one single kill. Only get credit for one kill in the trial too. I used to do this before and got xp/cp for each kill.

If it matters, I'm doing it on blm and just spamming stonega

*edit*
It's working in a different zone. Weird. It wasn't working when i was killing 20 plantoids in Yorcia. Was nuking Big Treants and little Treants all at once and only getting 1. ah well

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 18:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The nost time consuming is to go to wrong place. Provided you follow exactly the guides, it will surely be faster than most of us did as you have a shitload of teleports plus increased speed.

Try getting this item:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28276/jute-boots-1

If your girlfriend has brd, cor or smn, you can have more extra movement speed.

I dont remember any midnight wait so i could say, going straight to the zone, maybe one day to get there.

Finishing a dungeon/zone in 30 mins seems reasonable, even less if you dont make mistakes. Ch1 has 3 dungeons, ch2 more 2, ch3 more 3 so that makes 4 hours. Add 1h for random walk and plus 30 mins each cutscene, you can reasonably reach cop 3-5 in 5h30m.

Ch4 has a bad dungeon, so make is in 45 mins. Ch5 is bad too, make it in 2h with everything. Ch6 is fine so maybe 30 min. ch7 1h30m. After ch7 you already can reforge gear so you dont need to worry to rush to clear it, but it takes a good amount of time the horrible palace.

Zilart is really fast. I think i did in 2 days back when i had half of stuffs we have now and dragging mules. Asap and mog are time consuming due to the stupid mini games, that can take some undetermined time, and those have basically no influence in anything gear wise, just having importance for complation purpose.

Instead, i sugest you to do wotg storyline. Dragging mules, i think it took around a week to finish it with 4-5h playtime a day (though i think i also did dynamis those days so make it 3hx5 = 15. You will need it for moonshade earring, rudra unlock and woe. Its a good idea doing few vw battle for rudras and additinal teleports that can be handy when doing others missions, like access to attohwa cashwa, uleguerand range or pugorno isle even never entering those zones before.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
I recently did all zilart and cop missions for 6 new mules, and even hexa-boxing like that you can do it in a good 3 days.

The only part that takes long is walking to all the locations to unlock warps and home points really. If you had them unlocked beforehand? Like one day max for zilart/cop completed

What about giving some contraceptives to your rabbits mules?
[+]
By oldman 2015-02-27 18:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Go BST and keep a Dynamis Axe (base for the relic, sorry I don't remember it's name) equipped. The clones will mimic your stats, meaning that they will be coming at you with D1 Delay 999 weapons.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-27 22:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to have the Aged Matriarch Naakual Crest KI, which you get for having beaten Colkhab (the Ceizak WKR). Same goes for any of the WKR clears/Gates ???s in the other zones.
By mortontony1 2015-02-28 00:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there such a thing as a spell recast calculator available? I'd like to find out what my stun recast is like without A.) getting into a group only to find out it totally isn't close enough or B.) shouting for a brd and rdm only to use them for 5 secs to buff me in Ceizak real quick.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 02:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Is there such a thing as a spell recast calculator available? I'd like to find out what my stun recast is like without A.) getting into a group only to find out it totally isn't close enough or B.) shouting for a brd and rdm only to use them for 5 secs to buff me in Ceizak real quick.

Trecast = (1-fc)*(1024-448-256)/1024*45

(I supose you at least are capped in gear haste, just leaving fc in gear to adjust)

(Remember that the fc number should be divided by 2 to Put in equation - 1 fc in gear is 1% reducting in casting time but 0.5% reduction in recast time).
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-01 04:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to erase augments from delve and/or skirmish weapons and armors? I want to send some pieces to a mule, but it doesn't let me as they are augmented.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-01 11:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Is it possible to erase augments from delve and/or skirmish weapons and armors? I want to send some pieces to a mule, but it doesn't let me as they are augmented.
negative sadly. have to send them before augmenting them

Aww, that sucks. Thanks for clarification anyway.

Unrelated new question:

"Cheer" bonuses from monster rearing in mog gardens look too good for such a trivial content, such as Cheer: Raptor. It appears to give +10% skill to sword, dagger, axe, katana, club.

Is there any prerequisite for these bonuses to be active or do you just activate it in the garden and all of a sudden, you have 42 more skill (for an A+ capped skill) anywhere, anytime?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-01 11:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

negative sadly. have to send them before augmenting them

Aww, that sucks. Thanks for clarification anyway.

Unrelated new question:

"Cheer" bonuses from monster rearing in mog gardens look too good for such a trivial content, such as Cheer: Raptor. It appears to give +10% skill to sword, dagger, axe, katana, club.

Is there any prerequisite for these bonuses to be active or do you just activate it in the garden and all of a sudden, you have 42 more skill (for an A+ capped skill) anywhere, anytime?
Read it as 10% increased chance to skillup sadly.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-03-01 11:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never done monster rearing, but from reading BG it seems like its +10% skill gain rate.
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-03-01 12:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I won a rank 4 prize on my mule and just wondered if there were any choices that stood out amongst the rest.

I don't play much anymore but this is the first time Ive won better than rank 5 and dont want to waste it.
First Page 2 3 ... 356 357 358 ... 836 837 838