Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 355 356 357 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-02-21 22:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

haste doesn't speed up casttime
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-22 08:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were to use a multi-hit weaponskill (let's say 8 hits) on a mob, but they die from the damage of the first 2 hits of the weaponskill (or first hit), does the damage of all 8 hits still show up in the combat log?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 08:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you only see the first two hits worth of damage. This is one of the ways parsers favor single hit WS users, magic users, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-22 09:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No, you only see the first two hits worth of damage. This is one of the ways parsers favor single hit WS users, magic users, etc.

Ah ha, I figured this was the case, and explains a bit. :P

As I was increasing my damage, I noticed my blood pacts doing a lot less damage on mobs that I usually do much more damage to, but it's because they're dying in fewer hits. On anything that lives long, the damage is much higher.

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 09:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood pacts are heavily weighted towards the first hit (to the point where they're all essentially one-hit WSs). If you were one-shotting them in a single BP before, your damage should probably increase if you've made any kind of significant improvement to your build. The only exception to this is Flaming Crush, where killing them with the physical component will make the magical component not proc.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-22 09:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Blood pacts are heavily weighted towards the first hit (to the point where they're all essentially one-hit WSs). If you were one-shotting them in a single BP before, your damage should probably increase if you've made any kind of significant improvement to your build.

I know this to be true, but Flaming Crush seems to act strangely in accordance to this (as usual, with it being weird).

Doing Bhaflau Remnants II, I can hit the chariot/gear NM/acrolith for 28-38k with Flaming Crush, but when I hit regular gears, it often does 9-10k. My current theory is it's as if the physical hit is killing them and the magical hit isn't getting a chance to go off. However, I thought these were like hybrided into one hit or something?

Predator Claws mostly operates as you say though.

EDIT: Ah, yes, then we're of the same mind.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 09:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I edited my post to that effect immediately after posting. Yeah, Flaming Crush is the exception.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 15:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
How would I go about replacing a music file in FFXI? Is it possible to change the music being played during the menu screen?

In the title screen:

Config > title music

The numbers represent each opening music from each expansion:

1. Rise of zilart (vanadiel march);
2. CoP (unity);
3. ToAU (vanadiel march #4);
4. WotG (wings of the goddess, my favorite btw);
5. SoA (a new direction).
[+]
By Chisei 2015-02-22 18:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, quick question, hopefully.

Friend accidentally dropped her Mamool Ja Journal for Mythic quest. Can she re-acquire it without going through a GM? If so, how? Thanks!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-22 21:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
How would I go about replacing a music file in FFXI? Is it possible to change the music being played during the menu screen?
In the FINAL FANTASY XI folder, there's a subfolder called sound (and then there's sound2, sound3, etc). Each one contains the song files (music###.bgw's), generally organized by expansion. Using a list of music files, you can either replace the game's songs with .bgw's of your own making (using a program called XIMC) or ones other people have made. Through Windower, it's also possible to add music to areas that have no music normally, or set conditions like playing music based on time of day, monster you're fighting, etc. The full music list, as I know, is this:

Chisei said: »
Friend accidentally dropped her Mamool Ja Journal for Mythic quest. Can she re-acquire it without going through a GM? If so, how? Thanks!
There's a ??? behind Paparoon that gives you back any books you drop. You can actually use this to save space if you don't want to carry all 5 around. Any progress is lost if you drop them, though.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-23 21:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I completed Monstrosity just now and I beat SOA last month and have ring. I'm trying to start "The Curious Case of Melvien" but Estelle just tells me to piss off. I tried checking the crate but nothing. I checked quest log and monstrosity is listed under complete.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-24 18:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember finding it somewhere in the Blumage thread before but I'm unable to locate it now.

How much DualWield do you need to be capped with only Haste 2 spell on Blu.

I know there will be a couple ways to cap with spellsets. If someone could let me know would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-24 18:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 150 in blue mage thread ;)
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-24 18:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the TP formula for weapons with delay over 530 still unknown or has the page just not been updated yet?
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-24 19:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one for today. For the love of god what Am I doing wrong with this damn new foetia belt. I have had the elements perfect and it still won't craft it. Is there a special trick I'm missing here?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-24 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With only haste 2 and 25% haste equip, need 56 total dual wield (trait + equip)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-02-25 01:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Is the TP formula for weapons with delay over 530 still unknown or has the page just not been updated yet?
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=6195585&viewfull=1#post6195585
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-25 01:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=6195585&viewfull=1#post6195585
Thanks. Bookmarked.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-25 01:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does +45dual wield from gear cap the delay reduction on ninja main in a unbuffed scenario? (no magic haste or haste samba up)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-25 01:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

39 will cap you, but 38 will put you close enough (79.85% reduction)
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 01:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just able to download update/maint in case anyone was curious. Should be allowed back in shortly, over an hour late ; ;

Edit; Back in
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-02-26 01:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is stealing still the only way to get a THF testimony? I mean except dropping it on a NM in Den of Rancor.

Cause I've been stealing tonberry pursuer and platinum quadav for several hours with steal+ gears and still no luck, it's annoying :(
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-26 02:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Psykopat said: »
Is stealing still the only way to get a THF testimony? I mean except dropping it on a NM in Den of Rancor.

Cause I've been stealing tonberry pursuer and platinum quadav for several hours with steal+ gears and still no luck, it's annoying :(

I have also been trying to get it on mule with steal+8 gear, tried a bunch of times on Platinum Quadav and Tonberry Shadower and only managed to steal once. And with that one testimony, I managed to fail 5 times to steal from Maat... I wanted to add Rabbit Charm and Rogue's Ring and see if they would help, but can't find them anywhere. I think I will just level up whm to 70. That one was the easiest iirc. Screw this steal ***, so annoying. You not only need to steal from a mob, but from Maat too.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 03:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Against corse nm in alluvion rala, whats the best way to deal with dense/gala macabre (charm)? Stun locking, sleeping charmed, kiting? I think it was a bit fast to stun.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-02-26 03:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya you cant stun. If you have a geo and want to be fancy -MACC, +MEVA bubbles will resist some charms. Otherwise just sleep the charmed guy (and Aspir his MP while you are at it). If he uses AoE charm, then kite as charmed players seem to be naturally slower.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-26 04:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
With only haste 2 and 25% haste equip, need 56 total dual wield (trait + equip)

So is my math correct?

Trait Dualwield amount = 30 "This is not setting molting plumage nor having the new jobtrait for blu that increases points for traits.
Gear = 15

So with /dnc would I be over cap and could take off dualwield spells? Or do I need to set molting also and stay /dnc.

If I /dnc does that dualwield combine with my traited Dualwield?
First Page 2 3 ... 355 356 357 ... 836 837 838