Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 347 348 349 ... 835 836 837
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-24 16:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of what you think it requires, it's still a black and white thing.

Paying money for an advantage. There's no debate, it just is what it is.

Paying $18 or $36 to make gil buying low and selling high. Nothing wrong with it, just be real and call it what it is. "Pay-to-win."
By Pantafernando 2015-01-24 17:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some time when i needed some ordelle piece and odin stock was pretty awful, and around 20% more expensive than phoenix for example based in ffxiah prices.

As i needed the full 10k currency, i sent my mule there with all my cash, and i stocked her with around 15k, and bring her back.

Too bad the prices crashed soon after and i didnt manage to sell it in time. selling it now would make even, no loss or profit, so i just put a higher price and its laying in my bazaar waiting some crazy dude buy it or i decide to make another relic, what comes first.

But one thing to consider, ffxiah isnt 100% accurate with bazzar function, its just real time updated if the player has the appropriate plugin. Otherwise, it just show in ffxiah if a player with plugin check the bazaar.

So, the item you think there is no competition in another server, or that it seems have higher price, can show to have lots of offers not showed in ffxiah or, worse, the demand in that server is pretty low, and none buys the item.
 Asura.Jezzus
Server: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-24 20:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alibaba.

All that needs to be said.
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2015-01-25 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just come back after a 18 month break and i'm in the process of completing all story lines I never bothered to, Next on the agenda are the 3 mini expansions (ACP, Moogle Shantotto)

Are any augments on the gear relevant or should I just pick what I think looks the prettiest for town gear or something?
By mortontony1 2015-01-25 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Audacity said: »
I've just come back after a 18 month break and i'm in the process of completing all story lines I never bothered to, Next on the agenda are the 3 mini expansions (ACP, Moogle Shantotto)

Are any augments on the gear relevant or should I just pick what I think looks the prettiest for town gear or something?

Depends on jobs iirc. Some quick draw stuff for cor, probably some fast cast stuff for blu/brd. Don't know how bst is now but I know the reward+ on I think the pants was at one point a must have.
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2015-01-25 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For anything really, I have nearly everything at 99 so if they're any use to any job I'd rather choose it.

I play THF SAM WHM MNK RNG mostly.
By mortontony1 2015-01-25 20:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the fast cast on the body from crystaline could be useful if you don't have a body with any already, movement speed from shantoto pants could be nice for any job you don't already have any on. That appears to be it, but there could be one or two others I'm missing.
By fractalvoid 2015-01-25 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Audacity said: »
For anything really, I have nearly everything at 99 so if they're any use to any job I'd rather choose it.

I play THF SAM WHM MNK RNG mostly.

barrage + legs. maybe dw+ body for melee whm on garbage mobs.
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-26 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one export a currently equipped set to a lua file?
I forget.
I need it to have augments specified too.
 Asura.Justblaze
user: Johnblaze
By Asura.Justblaze 2015-01-26 09:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
//gs export lua

That seemed to work for equipped gear.
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-26 09:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Justblaze said: »
Code
//gs export lua

That seemed to work for equipped gear.
Thank you.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-01-26 10:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This past weekend, i've been getting "interrupted" on about 5%~ of my synths. I do a lot of geodes/avatarites, use a /lastsynth x6 macro, and didn't check to see if the mats were actualy lost, but ~5% of the time i get a HQ animation followed by a message that my synth was interrupted and mats/crystal lost. I only noticed it this weekend, but i do a lot of macro synthing while doing something else on my other account so its possible its been happening since the last update. There is no one casting anything on me, and i put /blockaid up anyway just to be sure, but it still continued. I was in bastok markets in the GS guild, and someone near by also said it was happening to them.

Has anyone else experience anything like this? Does anyone know if this is a reported bug or a known issue? Interested to know if its zone specific or if its affecting all synths everywhere. I'll try a diff zone when i get home and check to make sure the mats are really lost, but this is seriously ***.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-26 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB+4 QD recast -5 for ACP body on COR, Waltz TP cost -50/Phantom Roll augment on the legs for COR, waltz recast -2 sec on the helm for the light DD waltses(I play COR,THF,BLU, etc...) are my picks atm, your mileage may vary depending on jobs :)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 13:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
If you use deoderizer and use hide, can you escape from orcs/quadavs/others that track by scent or does it wear when you're hit and using it causes you to drop you invis?

Edit: Also how much does having a shield help you take less dmg as a thief if you also have maxed parry?

Also would thuellaic ecu +1 be good for magical weapon skills? (I know it'd suck to TP in though).

No mob aggro for scent.

The aggro can be vision, sound, usage of ja, magic or yellow hp trigger.

Quadavs are sound, so use sneak.

Orcs and yagudos are vision, so use invisible.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 13:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use deoderizer and use hide, can you escape from orcs/quadavs/others that track by scent or does it wear when you're hit and using it causes you to drop you invis?

Edit: Also how much does having a shield help you take less dmg as a thief if you also have maxed parry?

Also would thuellaic ecu +1 be good for magical weapon skills? (I know it'd suck to TP in though).

Thf is an evasion tank. Best defense is to use evasion gear to floor mob accuracy, and /dnc for cures, or blood/sleep bolts.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

At least deodorize spell wears off with any offensive action done or received.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 13:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks, I updated my post do you know anything about how parry/block/evade work together?

Wikia says parry just happen if you fail evasion check, and shield just works if you fail in parry, so evsion also.

Bg determine caps of evasion (80%) parry (20%) and shield (65%).

So the math would be, suposing you were attacked 100 times, and are capped in everything:

80 hits will be evaded.
4 hits will be parried.
10 hits will be defended by your shield.
6 hits will land.

Now to achieve those caps in a mob dangerous enough to force you to go defensive, its very unlikely.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

and your best defense, for lv99- mobs, is /dnc, to cure yourself every time your eva check fails. With eminent gear, you will be flooring mob hit rate in any dynamis.

Thf problem was always nukes anyway. Even before ilv, thf always excels in eva tanking.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-01-26 19:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any possible way to play Dnc while using plasticsurgeon since the AF gear is gender specific? I want to play Dnc but I use plasticsurgeon a ton and it has locked out things like equipping Yukatas if I'm a different gender.
 Odin.Laharl
Server: Odin
user: Abysia
By Odin.Laharl 2015-01-26 19:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just getting back into XI after a long hiatus and just wondering if there are any decent gil farming methods besides dyna and salvage. Can I do anything in SoA that's faster or less tedious than dynamis, and if so, is it soloable or do I need the new highest tiers of gear and a large group?
By Crevox 2015-01-26 19:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Walk of Echoes, spark farming, delve, crafting, other methods are also good for making money.

Delve you will need decent gear to enter. All the end game content takes a maximum of like 6 people besides Incursion.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-01-26 20:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for arguments sake, that'd mean if you don't have capped evasion in a hard fight something like maxed parry and a shield would be more helpful than in a capped evasion situation, and in a capped evasion situation...

80% evaded leaves 20%

20% of that now will meet a parry check, max of 20% parried

80% evaded + 4% parried leaves shield check of 16% * block rate which has an 85% cap but with terrible shield skill I'd say max 30% as an estimate leaves.. 4.8% more blocked by shield. (The shield I linked would give a damage reduction of at least 15).

Leaving only 11.2% of physical attacks unmitigated. Whether thf can cap PDT without tera staff tho IDK or whether any thf would sacrifice their second dagger or any dagger to equip tera's I also don't know. But I'm just trying to learn about it. Maybe I should ask the thf job forum instead. There is a few posts for sets for capped PDT but unfortunately (at least for me) the item sets display as empty.

And ok thanks. I'll look for mdt and magic evasion sets.

This is 51% PDT.
ItemSet 332809

Each peice of Iuitl should have -4%. If you don't have Defending could swap in a Vocane and 2x -2% darkness earrings.

Without Vocane or Defending I think the best THF can get is 49% unless I'm missing a peice somewhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phunkism
Server: Bismarck
user: phunky
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-01-26 21:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Emet Harness +1 allows you to avoid the skirmish augment system a bit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 347 348 349 ... 835 836 837