Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 335 336 337 ... 831 832 833
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-13 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Lag dont work like that.

When a player lag, the game will freeze the char, after all, its impossible to the game to guess what direction the player send as input if there is a lag.

Wrong. What you say happens when the server get a long while without receive packets from the client.

Small interruptions don't cause that, it just keeps the server from updating the player position. Player position is handled locally at the player's client and that's why things like flee hack and clip are possible. So a 5 seconds interruption will cause a running player to disappear from nearby you and reappear at a further position as the character was still running on the player's PC or game system.

Also remember how we (here in Brazil) are plagued with 2 seconds (1 second transmission, 1 second receive) delay at any kind of action.

edit: Also, if the player is on a PC which is running any kind of background activity which has heavy disk usage, that kind of lag may happen (it delays the computer return of packets to the game server as any internet lag would).
By Pantafernando 2014-12-13 16:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaoriasada said: »
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Does your "movement speed+" allow also a char to teleportation?

I was following a player, then he suddenly disapear, while still on zone.

LAG (or laggy PS2 Player)

Lag dont work like that.

When a player lag, the game will freeze the char, after all, its impossible to the game to guess what direction the player send as input if there is a lag.

Could have been R0ing for a few seconds, if he ran out of range/sight, it would have just made him disappeared.

He would stop before disapearing.

Its impossible someone r0 and keep moving (unless its a player engaged in auto attack).
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-13 16:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He would stop before disapearing.

Its impossible someone r0 and keep moving (unless its a player engaged in auto attack).

The person was NOT R0'ing. It was the SEND part of the protocol that were lagging. Sir you are forgetting that the connection is a two way line. :)

Edit: And again, I forgot to mention. Due to that SE is kind of obligated to be somehow "lenient" with flee hacking and with clipping investigations as sometimes it's not even the player's fault.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-13 16:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: Also, if the player is on a PC which is running any kind of background activity which has heavy disk usage, that kind of lag may happen (it delays the computer return of packets to the game server as any internet lag would).

Ah, i have a problem like that, not sure its that, probably not, it seems a pc problem.

I play in both pc and xbox, but if my pc (its getting old) keep working for long amount of time, it starts to r0, even though my xbox plays fine (same internet). Its like periodics r0, that just go away if i restart the pc.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-13 16:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like periodics r0, that just go away if i restart the pc.

I would investigate what kind of software you have installed on the PC. Something might be taking a lot of resources.

A good example of *crapware* which could do that is Skype. It DOES borrow your network bandwidth and processor to relay calls for other Skype customers. (like a peer to peer file sharing service)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-13 16:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like periodics r0, that just go away if i restart the pc.

I would investigate what kind of software you have installed on the PC. Something might be taking a lot of resources.

A good example of *crapware* which could do that is Skype. It DOES borrow your network bandwidth and processor to relay calls for other Skype customers. (like a peer to peer file sharing service)

Actually it doesnt run anything else aside windower, xpadder and the standart programs. This problem started some time ago, i ended reinstalling windows so basically this pc just have ffxi programs. I dont even have mozilla working while i play.

This problem reduced a lot after i cleaned my pc (physically, coller, etc), but still happens here and there.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-13 16:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if the PC is "clean"... Then hardware is the only thing that could affect your gaming experience.

Keep in mind that crappy routers can make your experience at playing FFXI *very* miserable, too.
 Lakshmi.Mista
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mista
By Lakshmi.Mista 2014-12-13 19:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello good people. I've been trying to acquire a Windslicer from Nyzul Isle Investigation. I quickly got 19/20 of the vigil weapons to drop. Of course, the one I'm missing is, the Windslicer. It's been a couple weeks now, and it just won't drop.

I've done the obvious things like checking all forms of storage to check if I stashed it away years ago or something. But alas, it's nowhere to be found in my inventory. That storage guy in Whitegate isn't holding it for me either.

Is my luck just that bad, or is there somewhere else that it may be stored that keeps this rare/ex item from dropping?

Thanks in advance!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enter on SAM @96. Floor 100 is a 100% drop for the job that entered.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-12-13 21:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody got an updated SC Chart? Spira's one on his website not working for me atm, for some reason.

It's not a chart by any means, but I wanted to explore 5/6 -step self-SCs the other day and, being an utter noob at them, I felt like I needed even more than a chart or tables to help me, so I made a small web app http://flippantry.com/skillchain/

At first it was for kinda confirming my SC options, but I realize that maybe my method for it isn't very good for general use, so maybe you (or anyone else reading this) can assist me in making it more user-friendly by telling me how it is you like to look up SCs. If I get some of the JS key elements untangled a bit (hate working in JS), I should be able to allow a user to progress backwards, but other than that, anything that an infographic does that I could implement in a more interactive fashion? I can also add to the Lookup by Property option by not just displaying what WS have a certain property, but what WS+WS would make that property (and potentially could branch out from there like a chart, but the real obstacle is how to present the information). The "cheat sheet" is also total rubbish, so I'll gladly take suggestions on what that should be and also how it should look.

Go crazy with any suggestions, I need some motivation to do something creative.

Edit: Oh, and I still need to add BLU spells and SMN BPs, just been lazy on looking those up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-13 21:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you can download the ffxicalculator. it has an updated section, up to a 4 step SC.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 22:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad you'd have to use lolbromano to do that. The one w/o kaiten is better just for the fact of not having to use relic.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-13 23:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad you'd have to use lolbromano to do that. The one w/o kaiten is better just for the fact of not having to use relic.

Amano is a very good gkt, and even when the accuracy isn't needed, it's not very far behind tsuru without ionis. It's a great weapon, and very good with namas, it just isn't koga.
By fractalvoid 2014-12-14 01:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about server transfers; I transferred on Friday night around midnight EST (or EDT w/e) and was just wondering if I would need to wait a full 72 hours to transfer back, or is it simply 3 JP midnights and then I can transfer back?

It's not really a huge deal either way, as it's only a 14~ hour difference, but figured I would check.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-12-14 01:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
It's not a chart by any means, but I wanted to explore 5/6 -step self-SCs the other day and, being an utter noob at them, I felt like I needed even more than a chart or tables to help me, so I made a small web app http://flippantry.com/skillchain/
I like it; your website made a spiffy endless level two skillchain for me.

Wow, are you actually using Internet Explorer?! Say it isn't so.

Also I supposed you may have answered a question I forgot to ask, but are SCs infinite? Found no direct indication they end at six, just that the damage charts end there. Are the steps after that multiplied by the same value for 6, or for values no one has bothered testing/writing down?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-14 07:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

is it possible to change the hq adoulin mission reward necks?
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-12-14 08:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
is it possible to change the hq adoulin mission reward necks?
No, not at this moment, but square enix talked about the possibility in a later update (I think).
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 09:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Im needing some palladian ingots, ive read SE increased the drop rate, so where can i find this (none in AH).

I dont remember very well, but i think it drops in skirmish?
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-14 09:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Im needing some palladian ingots, ive read SE increased the drop rate, so where can i find this (none in AH).

I dont remember very well, but i think it drops in skirmish?

It might be craft only. There is no drop info about it on ffxiclopedia, bgwiki or ffxidb.

4 ores make 1 ingot and according to the comment on ffxiah, ores drop from Provenance BCs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 09:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Palladian (somethings) came from skirmish, I got a shitload of (ingots???) suuuuuper cheap when I was taking a mule up last year.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 09:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Palladian (somethings) came from skirmish, I got a shitload of (ingots???) suuuuuper cheap when I was taking a mule up last year.

I do remmber grabbing some in the past, but i dont think it comes from rakaznar, maybe yorcia or cirdas/rala?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 09:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it was yorcia, that's the only one that had a lot of activity. Cirdas/Rala never really had many shouts/people caring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-14 10:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty got a question this time, i just came back to the game and i stopped playing in feb. Ive noticed they have made several more things soloable or you can use trusts in them. I heard that you can use trusts in skirmishes and alluvions, is that true?

Also what kind of endgame gear is soloable these days? im still missing the necklace from the plasm vendor and id like to catch up on that.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-14 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts can be used in Skirmishes yes. Some (I'm not sure about all) of the delve field NM's can be solo'd by certain jobs.

Which Necklace are you talking about?
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-14 11:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He probably means asperity necklace

@Paddycakes; Probably you can't solo the NM it drops from:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nerrivik

You can buy it with plasm if you have either Nerrivik or Krabakarpo kill:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Krabakarpo

Judging by your character page, you should be able to easily get in a foret delve party on whm or mnk and get your Nerrivik and/or Krabakarpo kill.

Edit: Apparently you don't have /run sub to do foret on mnk. You should probably work on that while trying to get in on whm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 13:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching BG but still no anchors for Mandallic stab, someone should do those...

Any idea what the new ftp is for it?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-14 13:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mandalic_Stab

5/8.5/11.75 per Flippant's linked testing (on BG).
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
He probably means asperity necklace

@Paddycakes; Probably you can't solo the NM it drops from:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nerrivik

You can buy it with plasm if you have either Nerrivik or Krabakarpo kill:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Krabakarpo

Judging by your character page, you should be able to easily get in a foret delve party on whm or mnk and get your Nerrivik and/or Krabakarpo kill.

Edit: Apparently you don't have /run sub to do foret on mnk. You should probably work on that while trying to get in on whm.

You just need /run for dakuwaqa.

If the goal is gear from t1-t5, it isnt necessary having /run.

As a side note, doing krabakarpo outside is definitivelly a bad idea. Though outside his hp is locked to lowman (6 man), last i saw, krabakarpo hp special defense is also scalated to low man, unlike inside, where fighting with 6 you will never see the reduction in dmg. Playing outside you will need to balance dmg types, relying in requiescat and similars.

Though its ages since i did krabakarpo outside, maybe they nerfed him to same krab inside delve.
First Page 2 3 ... 335 336 337 ... 831 832 833