Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 329 330 331 ... 834 835 836
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-18 03:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Look at the thread in the windower section.

PUP = Ka, as in "?"

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
WAR is the same characters as "Fight"

PUP (ka) is a character that indicates something is a question.

Thank you very much
 Cerberus.Ykfan
Server: Cerberus
user: Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2014-11-18 03:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Cerberus.Ykfan said: »
newbie skirmish question

Can I use the weapon/armor to exhchange for the wing?

You can exchange wings for armor. But you can't exchange armor for wings, if i'm not mistaking.
Thanks. So I can't just spam Yorcia.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-18 03:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm maybe Valli is correct with his assertion of it meaning ? then.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-18 03:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Hmm maybe Valli is correct with his assertion of it meaning ? then.

you mean "of it meaningPUPthen." PUP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-18 09:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On gear, "Fast Cast" effect+X just mean X% fast cast, right?

E.g. Orunmila's Torque
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-18 09:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »
On gear, "Fast Cast" effect+X just mean X% fast cast, right?

E.g. Orunmila's Torque

yes
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-18 09:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
By Pantafernando 2014-11-18 20:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Can you gauge how high is your tonberry grudge with the everyones grudge dmg?

I was taking over 3k from tonberry fodder, wondering if i have to kill more to cap my tonberry hate.

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-18 20:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

damage / 5 = tonberries killed

there is no known cap to tonberry hate, but max potency on rancor collar is ~150 kills(so 750 damage)
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-19 23:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any methods on quickly attaining Unity points? I've just been cleaving all the EP mobs in Kuftal and get about 11k an hour with little competition that way. Wondering if there's something faster. Feel free to PM me, too, if you don't want your super secret method going public!
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-20 05:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested the Light bonus on Weatherspoon? Is this +10 Affinity?
By minikomby 2014-11-22 12:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys
anyone could tell me how proc the new Diremite NM please? o where can i find all info about that nm
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-22 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So my alt is getting a bit full and I decided to make her a mule. But her mule char is showing up in front of her on the character selection screen. This is super annoying. I'm sure I never made another char on this account and I know I never deleted one so how is it that there is a slot in front of her...

The char is brand new and if I can figure out a way to make another and have it in a different spot, I'd be okay with deleting it. I just have no idea how this happened. Has anyone else had this happen before?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-11-22 18:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone recommend a good USB controller? Preferably PS2-style and available on Amazon--I accidentally won a contest at work and have a gift card to spend. :D

Edit: For reference, I'm currently using a Logitech Dual Action controller that I have hated for years. The D-pad is kind of on this wheel thing that stopped registering presses after a few months of use. The ×○Δ□ buttons (labeled 2, 3, 4, and 1 respectively) are also pretty unresponsive. Other than those two glaring problems, it's been a pretty decent controller! <___<;
By Pantafernando 2014-11-22 18:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like xbox controller, but there is a logitech with same ps buttons.
By Zoltar 2014-11-22 20:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy a ps2 controller and a usb adapter to use it on your pc. It's the best way to play on pc
By Zoltar 2014-11-22 20:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F6BGXY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416709376&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
By minikomby 2014-11-22 23:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ps4 controller
[+]
 Odin.Mastermago
By Odin.Mastermago 2014-11-23 01:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I returned to the game during free week and got hooked, so now I'm trying to play. The most difficult thing I've done is beating Maat on monk, so I'm pretty inexperienced. Can anyone tell me what I can do to start getting better gear, because I have no clue!

Right now I'm in full sparks gear with the exception of the Maochinoli(ilvl115 h2h). I just don't know where to start or how anything works. And if you could, explain it to me as if I were an idiot and need my hand held the entire time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-23 03:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest thing about coming back right now, is finding people to do ***with, no lie. I hope that you have friends who still play, or a shell that stayed in tact... If not, you have a difficult road. You need to unlock and level RUN to 49. If you have Thaumas body, you're good for that part for now. Unlock Victory Smite, if you have not.

Magian Moogle > Dumuzis -1 (Hand-to-hand)
Coin of Advancement x30 Devious Die x100 Residue x100

Quote:
In order to proceed from this point onwards, you must have completed the Voidwatch quest Guardian of the Void.

Take the final weapon to Walk of Echoes, and with the weapon equipped, talk to the ??? glowing on the floor to the far north.
After completing your first Kupofried's Moogle Magic quest, you no longer need to equip a weapon to flag another WoE Weapon Skill quest. They can be flagged on any job with no equipment requirements at this point.
Kupofried appears and offers you a choice of which weapon skill quest to flag. Select one, then trade that weapon to the glowing ??? to unlock that Empyrean weapon skill and complete that weapon skill quest.
You must zone out of Walk of Echoes for the new weapon skill to be listed in the weapon skill menu list.

Identify people who do things. (hopefully successfully). You want to obtain the KI from Kamhir Delve. This will allow you to purchase a weapon called Tinhaspa. And the 3m gil to augment this with Path B (correct me if wrong). http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Delve_II_Rewards#Mezzotinting

That is a feat all it's own... Honestly the hardest part will be getting the Delve wins you need to make progress. Obtain relic/Artifact 109/119 (reforging) http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Reforge_Armor.

Right now, you want to focus on AF Feet, Relic legs.

Another thing you need to do is Skirmish. Yorcia. http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Skirmish Obtain "Otronif" 5/5. It's similar to a tower defense, easy... but hard to find people to help you do it.

Take a look at the iipunch guide, here, (ignore the ***, there's ALOT.) for clues on gear sets. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/

In your time between looking for Skimish, KI from Kamhir. Do RoE for sparks, (I think you know what this is) for REM papers. To reforge. And do Kamhir/Marjami Wildkeeper shouts. The 115 legs/head are good pieces to come back with. The Uk cap especially.

After you've got that baseline stuff. If you don't have a shell. FIND ONE. Progression based via shout is enough to make you immediately quit again. It's the state the game is in.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-23 07:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I disagree with Valli is the sparks for Rem Tales.
It'll be a bit harder for you, since you're MNK; but all the 109 pages can be easily gotten from a Tank-Healer-DDx4 set up.
People who demand things like Cor and BRD on things less than VD are either dumb, bad, or asshats.
You can literally get all the 109 pages you need for a slot in one PUG.

119 pages are a bit harder to get starting from 0...
But at the very worst can always try to solo them on E or VE.
So hopefully by the point where you are needing those, you will know people who can help with that.

That all being said, using sparks to get Rem Tales is a waste of sparks... Unless you're 1~2 from the needed. Then topping yourself off is better than a surplus of pages.

Also: augment your WKR weapon with OAT and w/e. And if you plan on making Spharai, don't bother with Tinshapsa. Just settle for Oats from Tojil.
Sure Tins is better, but if it's just temporary while you finish Spharai... Why bother spending such time/money/plasm on Tins when you have other things to spend plasm on?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-23 10:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you filter skill up books? I have more chat filters set than my mule but I see people using skill up books while my mule doesn't.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-23 12:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
The only thing I disagree with Valli is the sparks for Rem Tales.
It'll be a bit harder for you, since you're MNK; but all the 109 pages can be easily gotten from a Tank-Healer-DDx4 set up.
People who demand things like Cor and BRD on things less than VD are either dumb, bad, or asshats.
You can literally get all the 109 pages you need for a slot in one PUG.

119 pages are a bit harder to get starting from 0...
But at the very worst can always try to solo them on E or VE.
So hopefully by the point where you are needing those, you will know people who can help with that.

That all being said, using sparks to get Rem Tales is a waste of sparks... Unless you're 1~2 from the needed. Then topping yourself off is better than a surplus of pages.

Also: augment your WKR weapon with OAT and w/e. And if you plan on making Spharai, don't bother with Tinshapsa. Just settle for Oats from Tojil.
Sure Tins is better, but if it's just temporary while you finish Spharai... Why bother spending such time/money/plasm on Tins when you have other things to spend plasm on?

People who demand brds or cors for N or D aren't dumb, bad or asshats they want the fights done quicker though it may take a Lil longer to get them. Sounds to me like you are just sore you don't have either job and have been turned down on numerous runs. In fact I'd take 5/6 with a rdm and use Joachim as the 6th so an extra DD still wouldn't get in.
 Cerberus.Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2014-11-23 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any website about the full story of Wings of the Godness storyline? I googled but failed to find any good spoiler to read with.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-23 22:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any website about the full story of Wings of the Godness storyline? I googled but failed to find any good spoiler to read with.

You want to know all the plot details?
 Cerberus.Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2014-11-23 22:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

You want to know all the plot details?
Yeah, recently I am back to solo the mission but not paying attention to the plot. I hope to read the plot again that may have more details for me to understand the story.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-23 23:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go to FFXIclopedia WotG Missions Page, there is a spoiler link for some of the missions, witht he chat text copy/pasted from the game. YOu could start there. Beyond that, no idea, sorry.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-24 01:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
Hey guys
anyone could tell me how proc the new Diremite NM please? o where can i find all info about that nm

We did, Christ... 20 of this *** thing today. We tried many things. Nothing ever proc'd it.

Random ws, we went abyssea style and tried everything.
Magic, day of, weakness, SMN BP, Debuffs, Songs
Skillchains
(Sacrifices, many many sacrifices lol).
Attacking from front/back/side Ranged damage. Pierce, blunt, slash.

Nogo.

Far as drop rate, ugh. Terribad. 2/20~
First Page 2 3 ... 329 330 331 ... 834 835 836