Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 328 329 330 ... 834 835 836
 Lakshmi.Raerie
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-11-15 16:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got 2 Green Mog Pells on one of my mules. Has anyone else had this happen?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-11-15 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this could be an incredibly obvious question, but I haven't been able to locate the answer. Is there currently any meaningful difference between the available Unities?

Lakshmi.Raerie said: »
I just got 2 Green Mog Pells on one of my mules. Has anyone else had this happen?
I got 1 on one of my chars, 2 on another, and 0 on the other two (separate POL account, same SE account). Not sure why. :o
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-15 19:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a random question here, what ranks are the coalitions across the servers? I was recently on Cerberus and everything was 8 except Mummer's which was 7.

Then the other day I moved to Asura and it's exactly the same, all 8 except Mummer's which is 7.

Do less people do Mummer's or is it possible it's a bug? If it could be a bug I was thinking of posting a bug report on the official forum but I don't want to do it if nothing is actually broken.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-11-15 19:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them are at 8 on Shiva.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-15 20:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, I guess I just pick the servers who abandon the Mummer's Coalition.
By Zacas1 2014-11-16 05:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any clue where the files used for the Equip. sets are kept? Since they aren't included with the macros and such when doing the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B on the character choice screen... looking to try and back them up to avoid losing them after reinstalling windows on my desktop... and to try and transfer to my laptop also...
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-11-16 06:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have a random question here, what ranks are the coalitions across the servers? I was recently on Cerberus and everything was 8 except Mummer's which was 7.

Then the other day I moved to Asura and it's exactly the same, all 8 except Mummer's which is 7.

Do less people do Mummer's or is it possible it's a bug? If it could be a bug I was thinking of posting a bug report on the official forum but I don't want to do it if nothing is actually broken.

All are 8 on Odin.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-16 11:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On Sylph, Mummer's has been 7 for a while. I'm guessing they decrease over time, but I would wager that Mummer's has the least popular assignments, since most others are things you can do in either no time, or in conjunction with stuff you were already planning on doing.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-16 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, I guess I just pick the servers who abandon the Mummer's Coalition.

Thats your fault also.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-17 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the qaaxo mask ever worth upgrading for anything? For DA path, there are felistris mask and iuitl headgear +1 where applicable for 2 TA instead of 2 DA. For ACC+PDT path, there is lithelimb cap (which only leaves rng and pup out) and skirmish heads (although they are missing the acc). For STP path... I don't know if it ever finds any use. Maybe potentially useful for RUN?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-17 09:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They do in fact decrease over time, take a look;
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-17 09:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be kinda boring if they just stayed at max rank all the time though wouldn't it. Considering the bonus you get from Ionis because of their rank.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-17 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck has Mummers and Peacekeepers drop to 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-17 09:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Would be kinda boring if they just stayed at max rank all the time though wouldn't it. Considering the bonus you get from Ionis because of their rank.

Yeah, cause doing campaign is such a real thing too right? Obviously we don't give a ***about keeping them up... We never gave a ***about colonizing either, that's why reives have undergone what, SEVEN updates along with WKR and colonization rates?

If they drop over time, like it looks like they do, well, prepare to have level 1 everything except courier.

That sounds like a great system, right? The entirety of adoulin is fail.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-17 09:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »

Yeah, cause doing campaign is such a real thing too right? Obviously we don't give a ***about keeping them up... We never gave a ***about colonizing either, that's why reives have undergone what, SEVEN updates along with WKR and colonization rates?

If they drop over time, like it looks like they do, well, prepare to have level 1 everything except courier.

That sounds like a great system, right?
Exactly what will happen, I already did every assignment and now just do deliver: Kahmir 6 times, twice a week.

EDIT: Also for a company that is always so big on lore "We can't add GoV to Aht Urghan because it doesn't make sense with regards to the lore", they basically have it where we rank them all to 8 and then because people aren't doing their coalition assignments, the're going to knock down their bay roof...or whatever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-17 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an certain set-up to take to Skirmish to increase your chances of Wailing Stone +2's because I tend to spam 5-5-5 with a melee group and only managing to come up with Wailing Stone +1. Any suggestions how to increase box quality?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-17 11:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Is there an certain set-up to take to Skirmish to increase your chances of Wailing Stone +2's because I tend to spam 5-5-5 with a melee group and only managing to come up with Wailing Stone +1. Any suggestions how to increase box quality?

Its random.

Regarding to +1, +2, it isnt even a strict relationship. I already got lots of +2 with low rank ups, as well i got no +2 even with double 4 stars.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-17 12:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Its random.

Regarding to +1, +2, it isnt even a strict relationship. I already got lots of +2 with low rank ups, as well i got no +2 even with double 4 stars.

How do you go about increasing the stars is guess would be the better question then?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-17 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its random.

How do you go about increasing the stars is guess would be the better question then?

Random.

Using high tier simulacrum is the only relevant parameter to manuipulate.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-17 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its random.

Random.

Using high tier simulacrum is the only relevant parameter to manuipulate.

Makes sense thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-17 14:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What level can I start going to campaign safely? It's been so long I honestly don't remember, I think they also buffed the mobs at some point, didn't they.. (exping ninja)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-17 14:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You used to be able to join in the 50s... with ***acc. More safely the 60s so you could actually hit stuff.

You'll have trusts, so madrigal. I wouldn't go any lower than low/mid 60s.
 Cerberus.Ykfan
user: Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2014-11-18 03:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

newbie skirmish question

Can I use the weapon/armor to exhchange for the wing?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-18 03:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently installed the windower plugin which on-the-fly translates any japanese appearing in the chat log.

It works pretty well, and I am able to understand most of the /yells

Anyway, most of them contains the translation "PUP" somewhere. Obviously, puppetmasters are not requiered in every /yell so i'm wondering if someone could tell what word/sentence is translated "PUP" everytime.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-18 03:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
I recently installed the windower plugin which on-the-fly translates any japanese appearing in the chat log.

Anyway, most of them contains the translation "PUP" somewhere. Obviously, puppetmasters are not requiered in every /yell so i'm wondering if someone could tell what word/sentence is translated "PUP" everytime.
I always see PUP in these shouts and I don't have the translator so I think they are actually shouting for a PUP, from what I can tell, it always seems to be VW shouts.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-18 03:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ykfan said: »
newbie skirmish question

Can I use the weapon/armor to exhchange for the wing?

You can exchange wings for armor. But you can't exchange armor for wings, if i'm not mistaking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-18 03:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the thread in the windower section.

PUP = Ka, as in "?"

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
WAR is the same characters as "Fight"

PUP (ka) is a character that indicates something is a question.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-11-18 03:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »

I always see PUP in these shouts and I don't have the translator so I think they are actually shouting for a PUP, from what I can tell, it always seems to be VW shouts.

I don't know. I see PUP even in BC / Incursion yells. And most of the time it's appart from the actual job list.

Like : AA HM Difficult @@@@PUP@Search Comment@@@@RNGPLDWHITE
First Page 2 3 ... 328 329 330 ... 834 835 836