Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-27 10:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Can you get Snapshot+2 from Wailing Stones +1 on Iuitl +1 gear?

I wanted to ask the same Question.

I know that with whatever augment you get on the feet one, the Legion feet from Hall of Mul is the same or "I think" better.

As for the hands, I wanted to ask which is better, Iuitl hands +1 with Snapshot+1~3 augment of the Manibozho gloves?

I only got Snapshot+1 on the +1 hands using Wailing stone +1(went through 4 stacks), so just wanted to know if the Manizbozho hands is better.
Well the non-auged Iuitl+1 hands are Snap+5 which automatically beats Mani, so even without snap augments that is better.
By Pantafernando 2014-09-27 11:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

I was looking the goldsmithing items to buy with gp, and there was 3 furnitures that increase gold skill, and are very expensive (50-200k gp) while there is the stall that aparently just cost 15k and synergy. So, the question is, to reach the max goldsmithing skill, do i need to buy all those furnitures or can i just skip to stall?

Thanks in advance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2014-09-28 13:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else excited about the High Level Celestial Avatar fights? These were some the most fun back in the 75 days.iLV avatar gear sounds exciting. I hope they update items from WTB. Shiva's Shotel 113+ sounds sexy and to me was one of the coolest looking swords.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-09-28 15:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Can shadows block dispel/weapon remove tp move in incursion?

Yep it does
By Pantafernando 2014-09-28 18:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Ive been doing some campaigns battles, most of them are just to clear beastman waves,,but i remmember some campaigns that i did in some time ago, campaign in bastok/windurst cities, with nms fight.

So, i would like to ask how do i know when some nms will pop in campaign, so i can get some stuffs from union coffer.

Thanks in advance.
By Davorin 2014-09-28 19:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Ive been doing some campaigns battles, most of them are just to clear beastman waves,,but i remmember some campaigns that i did in some time ago, campaign in bastok/windurst cities, with nms fight.

So, i would like to ask how do i know when some nms will pop in campaign, so i can get some stuffs from union coffer.

Thanks in advance.

The NMs are the leaders of their respective squadrons. By watching the campaign battles in the chatlog, you can know where any beastmen squadron is fighting/defending. Can refer to these links below to see which NM leads which squadron.
Yagudo Theomilitary
Quadav Shieldwarriors
Orcish Hosts
Dark Kindred

I'm not sure if there is somewhere which has data for specific union drops for the NMs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-28 20:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I just saw something interesting, wondering, is this possible.

Was doin onslaught trials, the damage is usually like 1400 (only slightly relevant to the next sentence.) 69 tp from 1 hit.

I did an onslaught that did 808 damage. (so I assume) It missed the first hit, but ended with 80 tp (exactly) so that means, the main hit missed, but, 8 additional attacks landed (ridill), right?

I was under the impression that a ws could only attempt 8 hits, even if some of them missed, but it appears as though that onslaught was 9 with the main hit missing.

Any other explanation?

In miseraux coast, no save tp, it was a killshot, so no tp from being hit.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-28 20:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Hmmm, I just saw something interesting, wondering, is this possible.

Was doin onslaught trials, the damage is usually like 1400 (only slightly relevant to the next sentence.) 69 tp from 1 hit.

I did an onslaught that did 808 damage. (so I assume) It missed the first hit, but ended with 80 tp (exactly) so that means, the main hit missed, but, 8 additional attacks landed (ridill), right?

I was under the impression that a ws could only attempt 8 hits, even if some of them missed, but it appears as though that onslaught was 9 with the main hit missing.

Any other explanation?

In miseraux coast, no save tp, it was a killshot, so no tp from being hit.
Well, most OAX effects don't work on WS, with the exception of Mythic AM3. So that's pretty much out.

Were you using a ele belt? Or any other conserve TP gear? A conserve TP proc can net anywhere from 10 to 200 TP. So you could have landed a single DA(10 tp) then proc'd 70 TP from conserve TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-28 20:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BST gets no trait, and no gear has it. (i'm not changing gear at all)

Just the tp set.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-09-28 20:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, it's not that.

He's offhanding Ridill, so he gets 69 TP from the offhand hit and then +11 from a DA because he apparently has +10-19 STP. So it's not unusual at all and there were only two hits that landed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-28 20:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, alright, yeah 17 Store-tp. Weird that the da was 1.1 and not 1.0 I thought it was always 1.0
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-28 20:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It is but it's still subject to stp.
 Odin.Nappy
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2014-09-28 20:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to look a little bit but is there any like chart with ACC for each content level?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-09-28 21:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Hi.

I was looking the goldsmithing items to buy with gp, and there was 3 furnitures that increase gold skill, and are very expensive (50-200k gp) while there is the stall that aparently just cost 15k and synergy. So, the question is, to reach the max goldsmithing skill, do i need to buy all those furnitures or can i just skip to stall?

Thanks in advance.
you can skip all the old furniture now. once you have the stall in place for skill+5 they don't do anything

+3 advanced support
+5 stall
+2 gear
+2 torque

122 would be the max possible. only craft that can go higher would be cooking due to the cooking katana
I'll add that the old guild furnishings are still massive sources of elemental aura and can help you save a little space if you need to cap aura for any reason. Definitely not as useful as they used to be, but not entirely useless if you have a crowded safe.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-09-28 21:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the Alchemy furnishings at least could help with desynthesis, but thurible isn't as strong as I thought it was. Never mind I guess lol

Edit: or maybe you get warm fuzzies from having a capped aura. :D lol

Edit2: Oooooooooor! If you have a bunch of random furnishings around for the sake of decoration and happen to have too much of the wrong element for your moglification, a few discreet guild furnishings could help you tip the balance.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-09-29 01:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Speaking of Salvage, which dat file I need to tamper with if I want to change the music that plays while fighting?

Lately I've muted/put on a CD while salvaging.
Answering my own question: music115 is the one to change, if you get bored of Forbidden Seal, that should be 146.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 01:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In the most recent update notes it says, "A new quest has been added to areas introduced with Seekers of Adoulin." Does anyone know what this quest is?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-29 01:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
In the most recent update notes it says, "A new quest has been added to areas introduced with Seekers of Adoulin." Does anyone know what this quest is?
Quote:
The September version update will bring along with it the continuation of one of Seekers of Adoulin's mini-sagas!

Roskin, the bumbling Yocile-oggler from the Thirst for the Ages" and "Thirst for the Eons," never content to be a mere witness to history, sends the player off to learn about events surrounding King August's many forays into the jungles. Explore a different angle on the sacred city's past with the third installment in this gripping side story!

* In order to receive this quest, players must have completed the previous two chapters in the installment as well as chapter four of the Seekers of Adoulin mission up to and including "Balamor, the Deathborne Xol."

Should be this quest

Source
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 01:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/bow
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-29 03:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Salvage, which dat file I need to tamper with if I want to change the music that plays while fighting?

Lately I've muted/put on a CD while salvaging.
Answering my own question: music115 is the one to change, if you get bored of Forbidden Seal, that should be 146.
I've been busy lately, but I intend to upload a considerable number of songs from other games, including fight and area songs, to http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/ in the near future.

Odin.Nappy said: »
I tried to look a little bit but is there any like chart with ACC for each content level?
There isn't, the best you can do is parse your own performance and boost your accuracy based on that. Each % below 95% (the cap) is 2 points of accuracy you need to reach the cap. For example, if you're parsing 80% accuracy, you need 30 more accuracy to get the last 15%.
By Zoltar 2014-09-29 10:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For old Nyzul Isle, who gives you the assault armband for bonus tokens? Sorrowful Sage?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-29 10:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
For old Nyzul Isle, who gives you the assault armband for bonus tokens? Sorrowful Sage?
Shahayl, same guy as NNI.
By Zoltar 2014-09-29 10:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-29 17:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This question sort of originates from another thread but with regards to Feint, do the relic legs have to be equipped when you strike the mob for the added -eva or only when you activate Feint?
By Pantafernando 2014-10-01 13:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that arise prices heavily crashed, and has high supply, meaning it can drop more.

Is it that because incursion? There is no campaign going on to justify this offer of arise scrolls.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-01 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that arise prices heavily crashed, and has high supply, meaning it can drop more.

Is it that because incursion? There is no campaign going on to justify this offer of arise scrolls.
Yes. It's an uncommon, but not super rare drop.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-10-02 19:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Got two NQ Mega-Boss coffers, one had meteor, one had arise
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-10-02 23:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign going on now.

Does Treasure Hunter influence the drops from NMs? For example, will a THF help improve the likelihood of seeing abjurations in the pool over abyssea items, or is this basically rolling the dice and hoping for the best?
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 834 835 836