Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 835 836 837
By Wordspoken 2014-09-13 10:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Ive been trying for a few hours learning coccon, but nothing so far. As its my first blu magic farming, wondering if its normal, and if the af hands enhancement in learning is noticable.
(obs: skill is way above, its 300 atm, fighting devegetator, mini crawlers in aby vunkerl).

Thanks in advance.
Its not unusual to have difficulties in learning blu magic, maybe try different mob for this spell and target regular size crawlers? AF hands are always worth it, in my experience.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-09-13 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had Square Of Spirit Smilodon Leather pop out of my Special Dial today. What is this used for?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-09-13 12:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Just had Square Of Spirit Smilodon Leather pop out of my Special Dial today. What is this used for?

Used in making a Protect Ring, if nothing else.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-13 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they ever add a way to turn off/down geo bubbles? :/
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-13 18:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Did they ever add a way to turn off/down geo bubbles? :/

I believe you can turn them off in the effects menu.
By gregchiro2013 2014-09-13 20:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having issues with i can hear a rainbow quest - Done weather all of them more then once and keep getting message somethings missing....
By Sommer 2014-09-14 12:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the win requirements for making the JSE weapons (20SKCNMs on difficult or and of the High-Tier battlefields on normal) doable with 3 + trusts? More specifically BLU + THF or DNC + BLM.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-14 13:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sommer said: »
Any of the win requirements for making the JSE weapons (20SKCNMs on difficult or and of the High-Tier battlefields on normal) doable with 3 + trusts? More specifically BLU + THF or DNC + BLM.

Some of them are soloable, but I wouldn't call it likely for most of the playerbase. Getting a delve win is probably the most feasible for most players. Join or setup a Tojil run.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-14 16:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sommer said: »
Probably your best bet would be to have the BLU and THF or DNC both sub NIN and do the Antican BC (vs BLM WAR RNG PLD).

- Summon 3 support trusts. I highly recommend Joachim for Elegy and -na spells, and having 2 WHMs would probably be wise since you'd want to play defensively. Of the WHMs, I'd include at least one that can cast Haste. Summoning Ulmia instead of a WHM does give you double Marches and some variety of Madrigal/Minuet/Ballad, but she won't cure or anything.

- The BLM should sub WHM and keep at a safe distance. On Difficult, I don't believe the enemies can be slept, but I think you could Elemental Seal Silence the BLM Ant when it gets to using Manafont. Stona/Silena your WHM trusts, and throw out nukes when you see a safe opportunity. Keep defensive buffs like Blink and Stoneskin, as Ants have a hate reset move. Also use Barstonra and Barpetra on your party to help reduce the chance of petrify.

- Your THF or DNC person has benefits on either job: THF should be able to dish out more damage, and can Larceny the PLD's Invincible or the WAR's Mighty Strikes to give you a great advantage at those moments. DNC, on the other hand, has Fan Dance, stuns, Haste Samba, cures, and erases. I'd recommend whichever job this person feels more comfortable and practiced on.

- Between the BLU and the other melee guy, figure out who is more durable/better at blink tanking and have them get initial aggro. Whoever is less durable should help by grabbing hate on one of the other Ants (I'd recommend the WAR). Don't fight this ant just yet though, just get hate on it so you don't have 1 guy tanking too much. Of the other two Ants, leave them untouched so they don't develop any hate.

- Focus on killing the BLM Ant first because he is the weakest and generally will dish out the most damage if ignored. If you're concerned about survival, Unbridled Wisdom can help tremendously in this first phase. Thunderbolt and Bloodrake are incredibly valuable in a clutch.

- Between the WAR and PLD, consider fighting whichever one the back-up tank guy isn't holding, so that between the 2 melees, you both have 1 ant, and then the one you're fighting is bouncing hate between you. Note that the WAR is gonna dish out more damage than the PLD, but the PLD will take longer to kill. Overall, if you've killed the BLM ant, you're mostly sitting pretty.

- Kill the RNG ant last.

- Bring Echo Drops, you will definitely need them. Bringing a Vile Elixir and a +1 might be wise too, especially if the BLU runs low on MP.

- If you're still having a really hard time with this and finding it too overwhelming, you can always shout in town for help. Lots of people need Rem's Tales and are glad to help without asking for anything.
By Sommer 2014-09-14 16:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much, wasn't expecting such a detailed reply. :)

Post deleted by User.
By kestiel 2014-09-15 06:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also getting LM-25 when trying to log back into the Return Home Campaign. AFAIK it's still ongoing and my account is well over a year old so it's been paid for before. I'm not sure I want to literally resubscribe yet and the site made it seem like if you reactivated your account through the SE secure site you'll end up paying/reactivating immediately. And there was no mention of needing to do anything special in order to log back in for this, does anybody know what do?

Edit: Turns out I just needed to go into the SE site and reactivate up until it asked for a CC info, then back out. An odd thing IMO that wasn't mentioned anywhere but it didn't get my CC info nor charge me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-09-16 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the thing implemented this update where you can do BC fights for Job points?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-17 16:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Augment for Kaabnax Trousers for thief as a stopgap piece before upgrading to something nicer?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-17 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Augment for Kaabnax Trousers for thief as a stopgap piece before upgrading to something nicer?
Haste and DEX are pretty practical in terms of damage. If you're using it as a soloing piece, Evasion isn't a bad idea either.
 Odin.Nappy
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2014-09-17 18:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering..... How is Drg after their giant buff?
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-17 18:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on WoTG mission 22 "A Sanguinary Prelude". Both BG and ffxiclopedia guides have 2 steps for the mission: zone into beauc (s) and recieve a CS, then click on the regal pawprints at G-9 for another CS. I got the CS for zoning in, but the only pawprints in G-9 (used in the previous mission) only give the "nothing out of the ordinary" message. I checked every inch of G-9 for other prints and nothing. Either i'm missing something obvious or the guides are wrong. Anyone have a solution for this? Are the prints i need in another location?
By mortontony1 2014-09-17 18:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nappy said: »
I was wondering..... How is Drg after their giant buff?

I play with a drg main and he says it's pretty amazing. We don't do any delve or incursion or anything, pretty much spamming reives and some voidwatch. But, regardless, can't beat attack or JA haste.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-17 18:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
I'm on WoTG mission 22 "A Sanguinary Prelude". Both BG and ffxiclopedia guides have 2 steps for the mission: zone into beauc (s) and recieve a CS, then click on the regal pawprints at G-9 for another CS. I got the CS for zoning in, but the only pawprints in G-9 (used in the previous mission) only give the "nothing out of the ordinary" message. I checked every inch of G-9 for other prints and nothing. Either i'm missing something obvious or the guides are wrong. Anyone have a solution for this? Are the prints i need in another location?
The last set of prints you checked should have been at h-9 which is on a different level than g-9. There is likely another set on a higher level/different area than the ones you're clicking. Been awhile since I did the mission and I don't have access to my computer atm or I'd have more details for ya.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-17 19:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it'll be Haste/Evasion for right now.
By mortontony1 2014-09-17 20:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea of how/if you can organize weapon skill/job ability list in game like magic?

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2014-09-18 01:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Anyone have any idea of how/if you can organize weapon skill/job ability list in game like magic?

Menu -> Abilities -> Weapon Skl. -> Then sort the list.
Menu -> Abilities -> Job Abil. -> Then sort the list.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-09-18 02:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Random question, does TH influence the drop rate of Salvage II upgrade plans at all? Or is it all static, including the ones that have the chance to drop off gears for example?
TH will effect the ones that have a range in drop amounts for plans.

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-09-18 09:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When doing augmented weapon quests, ie: Fay Crozier, you get 5 tries to augment a weapon. If you reject all 5, does the npc return your weapon or keep it?
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2014-09-18 10:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For gear/merits that give Cure Potency +%, and Cure Cast Time -%, is there a hard cap on either? If so what are they?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-18 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
For gear/merits that give Cure Potency +%, and Cure Cast Time -%, is there a hard cap on either? If so what are they?
cure potency caps at 50% and cure cast time (and fast cast) caps at 80.
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 835 836 837