Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 831 832 833
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-08 18:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
By kithaofcerb 2014-09-08 20:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
yes

how
By Zoltar 2014-09-08 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

good trio gets 8-10k~ without speed/clipping, probably could pull 12k+ with
Odin.Jassik said: »
good trio gets 8-10k~ without speed/clipping, probably could pull 12k+ with

Yeah, we had a few stellar runs where we broke into the 14K range if I remember correctly, but 10K is pretty doable with just things like fillmode and legit speed tools (flee, powder boots, quencher).

Thanks both for your replies!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-08 21:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »
yes

how
bootcamp is sufficient, there are accounts directly pertaining to ffxi if you take some time to google

if you really wanted you could wipe the drive completely and install windows 7 directly, provided you don't need mac at all, which will make it effectively a windows machine(just slightly more embarassing to carry in public)
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-09-08 21:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i run ffxi on a split drive 2009~ mac. i have to run it in low settings to not lag for when i two box. you prolly wouldnt have to though
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-09-08 21:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

how
bootcamp is sufficient, there are accounts directly pertaining to ffxi if you take some time to google

if you really wanted you could wipe the drive completely and install windows 7 directly, provided you don't need mac at all, which will make it effectively a windows machine(just slightly more embarassing to carry in public)
I run bootcamp and windows 7 on my iMac. Works exactly like it would on a regular windows computer. Haven't had to do a single thing differently.
By Kingregg 2014-09-08 21:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

how
I used parallel for Mac, by it was burning my Mac up, and killing the battery... I switched to bootcamp, where at the Mac start up you hold down control, select the hard drive you partitioned for windows "100~250Gb" is fine..
You'll need a copy of windows, an 8gb flash drive.
Go to Finder or Mac Search, type in bootcamp assistant, really easy from there.
By kithaofcerb 2014-09-08 23:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingregg said: »
yes

how
I used parallel for Mac, by it was burning my Mac up, and killing the battery... I switched to bootcamp, where at the Mac start up you hold down control, select the hard drive you partitioned for windows "100~250Gb" is fine..
You'll need a copy of windows, an 8gb flash drive.
Go to Finder or Mac Search, type in bootcamp assistant, really easy from there.

Thank you, I will do this as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of windows...which might be awhile...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-09 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if I could get some help? I can't seem to get the Silver Cordon Shovel KI.

I was wondering if someone who has the KI could compare their amount of completed adoulin quests and coalition assignments, so I can see if I'm missing any.

Looking at the quest list, there are 8 quests per page, just saying that as it makes it easier to count, I have 70 completed adoulin quests (haven't done the RUN + GEO AF quests). I also have 90 coalition assignments completed (doesn't include the Provide assignments).

Any help would be very appreciated!
By Zoltar 2014-09-10 07:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I know the answers, but need confirmation on two questions:

Do version updates reset Imperial Army I.D. Tags?

Does server maintenance reset Imperial Army I.D. Tags?

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-09-10 08:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
do you nuke/heal/prep mata?
I'm assuming you mean the Delve matamata in Morimar. Its resistance to one type of damage (phys/mag) rises based on the damage type taken. Inversely its damage taken of the other type rises. A lot. The usual deal for running delve is to have a MNK with haste/songs (marches at the very least) melee and WS with only a ws that does NOT SC. I use Asuran Fists. Its resistance gets rechecked and altered further every TP move it uses so we count 6 of them, making sure not to go early. Have a SCH on standby as well to nuke. Pull it to a tunnel (in the fracture or a wall outside) and fight back to a wall. On its 6th TP move we use Formless Strikes and watch the 20~30k+ melee hits. No WS anymore, punch it down while the SCH stands within melee range (and back against a wall as well) and nukes for high (sometimes 99,999) damage. If you miscount and fire off early you'd better have another MNK ready to start counting again with FS ready. I've seen the first attempt fail and the second succeed at TP move #4 but it's all dependent on the HP left. This strategy works 100% of the time as long as you count properly and the SCH is ready to nuke. Letting the mob get another TP move in after you formless will alter its resistances again, messing up your run. If you're outside in field going for a KI you could use BRD trusts and a BLM friend with Cherukiki if not a real WHM. No magic damage until WS time so no Kupipi. Ferreous Coffin might end up SCing with you assuming he lives long enough. Further questions PM me.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-10 08:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Think I know the answers, but need confirmation on two questions:

Do version updates reset Imperial Army I.D. Tags?

Does server maintenance reset Imperial Army I.D. Tags?

Thanks!
No and no.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-09-10 09:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the SOA add-on available today for $4.99? If so can I get a link?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-09-10 09:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-10 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
do you nuke/heal/prep mata?
I'm assuming you mean the Delve matamata in Morimar. Its resistance to one type of damage (phys/mag) rises based on the damage type taken. Inversely its damage taken of the other type rises. A lot. The usual deal for running delve is to have a MNK with haste/songs (marches at the very least) melee and WS with only a ws that does NOT SC. I use Asuran Fists. Its resistance gets rechecked and altered further every TP move it uses so we count 6 of them, making sure not to go early. Have a SCH on standby as well to nuke. Pull it to a tunnel (in the fracture or a wall outside) and fight back to a wall. On its 6th TP move we use Formless Strikes and watch the 20~30k+ melee hits. No WS anymore, punch it down while the SCH stands within melee range (and back against a wall as well) and nukes for high (sometimes 99,999) damage. If you miscount and fire off early you'd better have another MNK ready to start counting again with FS ready. I've seen the first attempt fail and the second succeed at TP move #4 but it's all dependent on the HP left. This strategy works 100% of the time as long as you count properly and the SCH is ready to nuke. Letting the mob get another TP move in after you formless will alter its resistances again, messing up your run. If you're outside in field going for a KI you could use BRD trusts and a BLM friend with Cherukiki if not a real WHM. No magic damage until WS time so no Kupipi. Ferreous Coffin might end up SCing with you assuming he lives long enough. Further questions PM me.

Since stuns are basically pointless on raptor/eft (the only thing worth stunning is the dispel but it's too fast to be reliable), you can easily and more efficiently do this in reverse. Have your stunner (RDM/BLM or SCH/BLM) prep the matamata with magic, at the count of 5 melee's just switch target and kill it, if they are still killing the other NM. With 2-3 heavily buffed DD's, you could probably kill it at 4 count. The amount of damage needed to prep it is basically nil, since it's TP moves are timed. RDM is particularly good at prepping mata because they can use spikes and T1 nukes and completely take care of themselves. They can pull it from another room and kite it toward the entrance and keep adds asleep, etc.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-09-10 11:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't always run with RDMs in the outside party (often full of folks getting wins) so we go with a consistent strategy that doesn't have to vary between runs. As long as we finish before my food effect wears I'm not too worried about it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-10 11:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't always run with RDMs in the outside party (often full of folks getting wins) so we go with a consistent strategy that doesn't have to vary between runs. As long as we finish before my food effect wears I'm not too worried about it.

If you're taking more than 6 and none of them are RDM or SCH, perhaps your setup needs to vary.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-09-10 11:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

First we take SCH. Second relax, I'm not the one who asked for advice.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-09-10 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Everyones grudge hate is build to entire party or just for the person dealing the final hit?

Thanks.

Everyone's Grudge is based off the "Tonberry hate" of the target player. A player gains Tonberry hate for each Tonberry that is killed while not CFH'd as far as I know. That is, ones you get EXP from.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-10 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

First we take SCH. Second relax, I'm not the one who asked for advice.

SCH does just fine, the question was about the SCH prepping Mata, you gave the melee approach, I gave the mage approach. Both work, it would be worth your time to experiment with it is all I was saying.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-10 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

During the campaign thing, digital download of adoulin is supposed to be 4.99, but on the SE site it's still listed as 29.99. Anyone know what gives?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-10 20:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have Mog Pells (Red and Green) been distributed as of yet?

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-09-10 21:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ive prepped mata on brd whm sch and rdm (on different occasions) while 2boxing a dd at the same time. i mean i generally go with people who i can just say "ok go now" instead of saying ws #'s since they all trust my judgement, but when the group is good, you can go on ws 3. i mean, there is absolutely no reason for it to be melee prepped, but if you so desire it to be that way, there is no reason that at least the brd, sch, or rdm couldnt melee prep it instead. i mean every mage should have a turtle set (for when they may be in a position to take damage such as when a pld pulls an AA off the super tanker in DM2, or if you end up with adds in delve, should you need to actually purposely maintain survival with multiple threats ect ect.)so they can just melee it away, and theyll hit with an ilevel weapon like bolebunga or whatever and itll accomplish the same thing. i mean its little things like these (obviously several other things, like maybe having brd/blm stunner, and have the rdm be a dps of sorts whatever) that could allow you to finish two runs before your food wears off.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-10 22:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Just got Green. popped up in my inventory, with a message at 11:00PM est
By Pantafernando 2014-09-10 22:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Got one right now. In game.

Is there any reward with gp?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-10 22:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

guild points? no. those were Mog Pell Gold.

haven't seen a Red Pell though
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-10 22:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ive prepped mata on brd whm sch and rdm (on different occasions) while 2boxing a dd at the same time. i mean i generally go with people who i can just say "ok go now" instead of saying ws #'s since they all trust my judgement, but when the group is good, you can go on ws 3. i mean, there is absolutely no reason for it to be melee prepped, but if you so desire it to be that way, there is no reason that at least the brd, sch, or rdm couldnt melee prep it instead. i mean every mage should have a turtle set (for when they may be in a position to take damage such as when a pld pulls an AA off the super tanker in DM2, or if you end up with adds in delve, should you need to actually purposely maintain survival with multiple threats ect ect.)so they can just melee it away, and theyll hit with an ilevel weapon like bolebunga or whatever and itll accomplish the same thing. i mean its little things like these (obviously several other things, like maybe having brd/blm stunner, and have the rdm be a dps of sorts whatever) that could allow you to finish two runs before your food wears off.
Should, but it never ceases to amaze me how people don't, and keep justifying that they don't need it, because if they do, then the rest of party sucks... :/

Those few that do tend to be awesome tho, for example way to go curaga tanking Head Wind on D (we had a pld, but everyone who's done that fight knows super tanking does not work correctly). :D
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 831 832 833