Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-17 23:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vasche said: »
Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Ok, here is a question that is boggling me and I don't want to waste time with the wrong solution.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I did PART of the thf af quests. I got the first peice (head), started and completed hands, and opened one coffer for the legs. I never god the body (coffer) or boots (last quest). I threw all that I had away long before I thought it would ever have use again.

Now I want to re-obtain the legs (and other pieces I am sure). Do I have to get the body and feet and throw them away, reflag and do over? Or can I just get the legs from the coffer again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can try to reset the quest history with the NPC in lower jeuno, but chances are, you'll need to go hunt the other 2 coffers to complete that quest before you can do that.

Yeah, I tried and thf was not listed...this is very, very sad news.

Just go do the coffers, it's not like getting a coffer key on thf is tough.

None of it is tough, just a lot more time consuming than I had hoped. I have to do one coffer, two quests (I just discovered I never finished the head quest), throw my new prizes away, and do it all again. Of course, I will do it, its just a little kick in the ***, is all. Thanks again for your help.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you can store them or upgrade them and achieve the same thing as if you tossed them.

Correct, you just can't have any pieces of NQ AF in your inventory, you can have +1, 109, or 119 or have the NQ stored and still reset and re-obtain.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-08-18 00:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vasche said: »
Ok, here is a question that is boggling me and I don't want to waste time with the wrong solution.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I did PART of the thf af quests. I got the first peice (head), started and completed hands, and opened one coffer for the legs. I never god the body (coffer) or boots (last quest). I threw all that I had away long before I thought it would ever have use again.

Now I want to re-obtain the legs (and other pieces I am sure). Do I have to get the body and feet and throw them away, reflag and do over? Or can I just get the legs from the coffer again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can try to reset the quest history with the NPC in lower jeuno, but chances are, you'll need to go hunt the other 2 coffers to complete that quest before you can do that.

Yeah, I tried and thf was not listed...this is very, very sad news.

Just go do the coffers, it's not like getting a coffer key on thf is tough.

None of it is tough, just a lot more time consuming than I had hoped. I have to do one coffer, two quests (I just discovered I never finished the head quest), throw my new prizes away, and do it all again. Of course, I will do it, its just a little kick in the ***, is all. Thanks again for your help.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you can store them or upgrade them and achieve the same thing as if you tossed them.

Correct, you just can't have any pieces of NQ AF in your inventory, you can have +1, 109, or 119 or have the NQ stored and still reset and re-obtain.

Good idea. Thanks to both of you.
 Fenrir.Deno
Server: Fenrir
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2014-08-18 03:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Orrrrrr, stop trying to play fake jobs!?!?
By gdiShun 2014-08-18 04:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people were saying the Adoulin storyline was finishing this update, was that true or no?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-18 04:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev comment says it was reaching the climax and next is probably the last batch cause it said it's going towards conclusion(though could be two more, who knows).
[+]
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2014-08-18 05:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That is how I originally took it, too, Seha, but then I thought about the wording. How it's heading towards it's conclusion. For now I'm going with Chapter 5 being the final chapter, but seeing how chapter 3 and 4 just kept getting longer, that could mean anywhere from 1-3 mission updates and given that missions seem to be added only every other update, that could just as easily mean 2-6 months from now. Pure conjesture, tho. But no, gdiShun, the Adoulin storyline isn't done yet.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-18 05:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If FFXI has taught me anything we have another 3/4 years before this is finished. I mean they are adding new stuff to Wings of the Goddess next patch.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-18 06:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

6 months at best.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-18 09:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So started doing Campaign battle for the first time today. How exactly do you win?

I just did a fight in Beaucedine and the Beast men retreated but the area is still under their control. Also do they just spawn endlessly? I killed nearly 30 guys and I had 10 more on me at the end.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-18 09:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign area control is updated once a week I believe, same time as the conquest tally. To actually win you need to make them retreat, best way I know of doing that is to kill the leaders before they do a certain amount of damage to the fort.

Beastmen forces depends on how many different battalions they send, you usually get 1 NM (leader) for each different battalion sent out to the field. Same with the allied forces and their generals.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-18 10:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

kk. Next question. Fortifications: I kill these right? Cause the one I'm beating on right now keeps healing to full and there is nothing else to attack around it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-18 10:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Beastmen forts will heal to full when you take it down to around 50%. After you deal a certain amount of damage the battle usually ends.

To win a battle in an allied controlled zone you need to defend your fort by killing as many mobs as you can before they deal too much damage. In beastmen controlled zones you need to beat on their fort until you deal enough damage for them to retreat.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-18 10:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

K thanks. Praise the guy who said Durability would be bad in FFXI >_> afk hitting rock wall ftw.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 10:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
kk. Next question. Fortifications: I kill these right? Cause the one I'm beating on right now keeps healing to full and there is nothing else to attack around it.

Each time you take it down it represents a "small win" that effects the standings in the region. Until the overall region changes hands back to one of the nations on our side, the fortifications will remain and keep healing when you get the down. But you're doing what you're supposed to in the grand scheme.

That said, is beating on fortifications even worthwhile anymore? They nerfed it a while back, but don't know if they ever buffed it again.

Edit:Nvm, beaten and somehow didn't see it when I refreshed.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 20:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that you can get skill ups in campaign, beating on fortifications is a good way to skill weapons i guess. Not so much for campaign advancement though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 07:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone can explain like im 5 years old how to do keybinding?
Ive been reading, but i feel like i dont have some basic info to make it work.

Basically, all i want is to make one button to hit one specific macro as fast as i can. It would be great if i could even bind that macro in my xbox controller (in pc), but im ok if i can bind it in any easy keyboard button like space.

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-08-19 07:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

in ff type

//bind !s input /ma "Thunder II" <t>

will bind thunder 2 to alt+s

you can add it to your init script without // if you want it to always load, there's examples of binds in windower\scripts\init.txt

Key mapping
Keyboard commands
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

But instead referencing one specific command like a magic, how can i refer to a game macro?

For example, my alt+7 macro has stored my gear change, command, wait then another gear change. Would like to add all those commands in macro and call it with a single button.

Thanks.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 11:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thanks.

But instead referencing one specific command like a magic, how can i refer to a game macro?

For example, my alt+7 macro has stored my gear change, command, wait then another gear change. Would like to add all those commands in macro and call it with a single button.

Thanks.

Do you have a gaming keyboard with additional function keys?

What you're suggesting sounds both troublesome and potentially difficult with your regular keyboard keys that have additional uses.

For instance, I have a G510, so I would create a windower script and then bind it to the Gkey I want.

For instance (basic):

I have //alias g510_m1g1 input /ja "Hasso" <me>

But much like a regular macro, replace the job ability with the string to trigger your command file.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-19 14:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about mythic quest, An Imperial Heist. I got Captain rank last night, and ran out of the Sentinals building. I ran back in, and got the Intro cutscene for the quest. I talked to, and traded the base vigil weapon to Abquhbah, which triggered the next cutscene. After that was done, I talked to Naja herself and she gave me the options to hear about all of the parts of the first quest (Kill Odin, Salvage bosses, and ToAU beastmen kings) I have done all of those things, and have the titles. But its not letting me advance any further. I zoned out, and back in, and I get the same cutscene from Naja, her telling me about what I need to do. If I talk to Abquhbah, he offers to tell me about the weapons, and one of the options says "Right Here", like I have a weapon to trade him. Choosing this shows a message that any data saved on the weapon will be erased.. After this, Both NPCs give me their standard talk, about the Sentinals, or Naja telling me to get to work.

Any ideas?
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Question about mythic quest, An Imperial Heist. I got Captain rank last night, and ran out of the Sentinals building. I ran back in, and got the Intro cutscene for the quest. I talked to, and traded the base vigil weapon to Abquhbah, which triggered the next cutscene. After that was done, I talked to Naja herself and she gave me the options to hear about all of the parts of the first quest (Kill Odin, Salvage bosses, and ToAU beastmen kings) I have done all of those things, and have the titles. But its not letting me advance any further. I zoned out, and back in, and I get the same cutscene from Naja, her telling me about what I need to do. If I talk to Abquhbah, he offers to tell me about the weapons, and one of the options says "Right Here", like I have a weapon to trade him. Choosing this shows a message that any data saved on the weapon will be erased.. After this, Both NPCs give me their standard talk, about the Sentinals, or Naja telling me to get to work.

Any ideas?

Cleared old nyzul?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-19 15:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any ideas?

Cleared old nyzul?

Yes. Partial mistake on my end. I clicked on all the Naja options, Salvage and Odin disappeared, signifying as completed. However, the Beastman Kings is not showing as done, and I know I have killed them all. Checking titles
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any ideas?

Cleared old nyzul?

Yes. Partial mistake on my end. I clicked on all the Naja options, Salvage and Odin disappeared, signifying as completed. However, the Beastman Kings is not showing as done, and I know I have killed them all. Checking titles

Talk to paparoon to see if you can start the next quest.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-19 15:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed Gulool, but didnt get title for some reason. Off to Mamook.
By Crevox 2014-08-19 20:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes Ouryu v2 use "Terric Breath?" I've done this fight like 30 times and I've never seen this until today. Was in a random Difficult party and at around 40~50% he used it and it did 2200-2300 damage to all the DD.

Shortly after, he flew into the air, and when we procced the elementals and hit him, he landed, and immediately flew into the air again. This happened like 6 times in succession (fly -> land -> fly -> land -> fly -> land, etc) until he finally decided to stay grounded.

When I say in succession, I mean it literally. As soon as he finished his landing animation, he popped back up into the air, over and over.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Thanks.

So, in the end, I wrote in a .txt the command I wanted, like it was my original macro, and put that in windower script folder. Then, I just did: bind button send xxx "\/\/exec file.txt".

Btw, is pretty annoying binding in space, just use it if you dont need to comunicate lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-19 20:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
What makes Ouryu v2 use "Terric Breath?" I've done this fight like 30 times and I've never seen this until today. Was in a random Difficult party and at around 40~50% he used it and it did 2200-2300 damage to all the DD.

Shortly after, he flew into the air, and when we procced the elementals and hit him, he landed, and immediately flew into the air again. This happened like 6 times in succession (fly -> land -> fly -> land -> fly -> land, etc) until he finally decided to stay grounded.

Hm really? Never even seen that before, were all DD right infront of him?
By Crevox 2014-08-19 20:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hm really? Never even seen that before, were all DD right infront of him?

I'm not too sure, but I could say it's possible. We were just fighting him calmly, going smooth with the DD on the paw, and then all of a sudden he used it and people died. One of the DD could have moved or something, but I'm not too sure honestly.

Either way, have no idea what caused it and the flying thing. Everyone in the party was like "wtf"
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 836 837 838