Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 307 308 309 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-15 20:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to FFXI: Stat Vomit edition.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2014-08-15 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
and the upgrade to 119 is... doable easily?
(he asked knowing doubtfully)
Yeah it's easy. You have to
-prove your worth by getting a clear of current "hard content"
Then collect 300 rift boulders. (Used to be 300k each, but since you waited bud, they are like 5k now lucky you)

Oboro is the npc, in port Jeuno by quifim zoneline

So I must get the item first, then after buying a weapon he'll mod my empyrean? Been trying to find info on this stuff but it's not much out there..
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-15 20:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

and the upgrade to 119 is... doable easily?
(he asked knowing doubtfully)

You have to beat a new Sacred Crest fight on Difficult or Very Difficult, or beat a Delve boss, or win a high tier BC (V2.0 AA, DM round 2, Ouryu, Tenzen) fight on Normal or above. Once you do that, you can trade your Kannagi 99 in for the lvl 119 version, with

DMG:106 Delay:210 AGI+20 Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 "Blade: Hi" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage.

Reference this page for RME upgrades
NPC Orobo

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2014-08-15 20:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed a Delve megaboss, how hard are the other two things?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2014-08-15 20:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, not to bad...

not too bad....

Now to get insane AF+1991929312093123

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-15 21:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, not to bad...

not too bad....

When geo and run artifact gear came out it was ilvl109, meaning "if you wore 5/5 of this gear, your base stats were all raised so that it was like you were a lvl 109 char." That's why they boost everything.

So to be fair they made all af reforge into 109. And then relic gear and 119 is the +1 version for the badass or dedicated people.

Soon abyssea gear will be reforged into 109 and 119 too.
I'm looking forward to Empyrean reforged gear, sounds like it'd be something to really work on for RDM since I am in my Empyrean +2 for 70% of a lot of runs to constantly do and redo hastes, protects, ascession/phalanxs, etc. Maybe the enhances will be a little better since the fast cast and refresh got upped on some of the relic and artifact gear, or maybe it'll just be some enhancing magic casting time -% with some stats and skill ups, but either way it sounds pretty exciting for someone like me who only plays Red Mage.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-15 22:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, not to bad...

not too bad....

When geo and run artifact gear came out it was ilvl109, meaning "if you wore 5/5 of this gear, your base stats were all raised so that it was like you were a lvl 109 char." That's why they boost everything.

So to be fair they made all af reforge into 109. And then relic gear and 119 is the +1 version for the badass or dedicated people.

Soon abyssea gear will be reforged into 109 and 119 too.

119 AF/relic WAS mainly not for casual players, but as the crafting items have dropped so much in price and chapters drop from almost everything, if someone doesn't have at least the important few 119 pieces for their main job(s), they're not trying very hard at all.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-16 03:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So currently gearing BRD as my Fad job to farm plasm with, had a question for a COR friend of mine on whether COR does well in 1.0 Delve or should he start gearing something else? Was curious on what kind of setups people use for 1.0 now. I'm assuming SCH or RDM for stuns and obv WHM for heals with some MNK's and do people double BRD or is BRD and COR good for a 6 man farm group?

Lately ive seem lots of 7-8 man pugs, i dont know why.
I know you can clear with no problem with 6 persons, be it 3 dds whm brd sch or 2 dds cor brd whm sch. Its similar.
I dont really see a point bringing extra person tbh, but geo can help a lot with the currently enpowered indi/geo fury, or rdm so you can diversify brds songs, but really, you just need march and minuet to clear old delve.
Dds i would say sam and mnk, if 2 dds, or samx2 mnk or mnkx2 sam if 3 dds. Bringing mnk to old delve is very helpful for tricky nms, and sam to reduce the time to do the zone.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-08-16 04:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For a farming mule Eminent baghnakhs or Maochinoli? Only farming salvage with this guy. Maochinoli not augmented right now.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-16 07:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mao wit OaT and whatever you want, crit rate+4 pretty nice ;)
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-16 08:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason to pick eminent over Maochinoli would be to boost your acc even if you never augment it.
By silvanesti 2014-08-16 08:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, is there anyway I can make my character appear like shes wearing Arciela's armour? Via dress up or dat swaps?

Thanks!

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2014-08-17 04:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a question in regards to RoE "Challenges" always noticed that they are always a hour off from the PST time they are supposed to start listed here: Limited Time Challenges From what I gather say the "Gain Experience" challenge starts 3am my time, would it be delayed to 4am if I am logged in at the time of the switch, thus having to relog to gain the new event after 3am? Has anyone tested how this works?

The times on the wikia page are PST. Currently PDT until November.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-17 04:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So currently gearing BRD as my Fad job to farm plasm with, had a question for a COR friend of mine on whether COR does well in 1.0 Delve or should he start gearing something else? Was curious on what kind of setups people use for 1.0 now. I'm assuming SCH or RDM for stuns and obv WHM for heals with some MNK's and do people double BRD or is BRD and COR good for a 6 man farm group?

COR can do well in 1.0 but don't lv it just to get invite. It's currently competing against SAM and MNK for a DD spot, without appropriate gear/experience it can be replaced by another 119 DD easily.

DD spot is really, really competitive atm, you have to be good to get a spot unless you have a group of close friend to roll with.

If your friend wants easy invite lv support/mages.

RDM or GEO is better than SCH for stuns IMO, unless your SCH can somehow deal more dmg to compensate the extra haste/buff RDM and GEO can provide.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eyedea
Server: Asura
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-08-17 06:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Had a question in regards to RoE "Challenges" always noticed that they are always a hour off from the PST time they are supposed to start listed here: Limited Time Challenges From what I gather say the "Gain Experience" challenge starts 3am my time, would it be delayed to 4am if I am logged in at the time of the switch, thus having to relog to gain the new event after 3am? Has anyone tested how this works?

Totally forgot Japan does not have DST, and thanks for the info! One other thing though, is there anywhere I can research how OAT and DA work? Currently discussing BLU weapons with a friend and I just feel that Main Uson and offhand Buramenk'ah (Tojil 119 sword) with its beefy Base damage, 13STR 10 Acc and Attck and DA +3% is just beefier than the 115 Achuka sword with OAT. From what i remember OAT doesn't stack with DA and its great for fodder content but not for actual NM's. With that being said how does the Weapon Skill + on weapons work with a class that dual wields? Would my BLU whiff more on 119+ content with her offhand due to the 115 sword or is it all taken from your main hand?

If you're doing content that doesn't need the additional acc/atk from the higher skill (dynamis, salvage, rala/cirdas/yorcia skirmishes etc), the WKR with OAT will undoubtedly be your best offhand. Nothing will compare to the dps of ~40% double attack.

[edit] I'm not sure which NMs you're referring to, but anything in old delve to current content will likely want to use 119s for weapons.

Each weapon has its own check. Doing a /checkparam will show your main and offhand accuracy and attack.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-17 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

Totally forgot Japan does not have DST, and thanks for the info! One other thing though, is there anywhere I can research how OAT and DA work? Currently discussing BLU weapons with a friend and I just feel that Main Uson and offhand Buramenk'ah (Tojil 119 sword) with its beefy Base damage, 13STR 10 Acc and Attck and DA +3% is just beefier than the 115 Achuka sword with OAT. From what i remember OAT doesn't stack with DA and its great for fodder content but not for actual NM's. With that being said how does the Weapon Skill + on weapons work with a class that dual wields? Would my BLU whiff more on 119+ content with her offhand due to the 115 sword or is it all taken from your main hand?
The weapon skill+ on ilvl weapons are calculated individually for each hand, so yes you will wiff more with the offhand sword if it is a lower ilvl. A for OAT and DA, they stack but not in the way you probably think.

Multi-attacks are processed in an order QA -> TA -> DA -> OAT with no ability for one to be procced on the hit of one of the others(there are a few odd exceptions on that rule but it's moot at this point). If a Multi-attack higher in the order is procced, then that's it, that attack goes through and none of the others are checked. Otherwise, if say QA fails to proc then the next one, TA in this case, is checked and this continues down the line until either a multi-attack is procced or you reach the end of your multi-attack chances. Basically OAT only has a chance to proc if QA, TA, and DA all fail to proc on a normal attack round. This doesn't necessarily make it bad though as it tends to cover up for when you miss out on a DA round and the high rate of OAT on the 115 weapons makes it excellent on anything that doesn't require the accuracy of a higher ilvl weapon.

TLDR: Multi-attacks process in an order.
OAT and DA don't stack, but they don't work against each other either.
Accuracy/Attack from Weapon Skill+ is calculated individually.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-17 18:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Utils no longer function properly?

The only time I had previously used this was to rename the lamps for NNI, but thought about being lazy and renaming the ph's for the last couple Empyrean trials I have... but...

When I changed the names they didn't change to my change, they turned into "NPC"

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-08-17 23:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, here is a question that is boggling me and I don't want to waste time with the wrong solution.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I did PART of the thf af quests. I got the first peice (head), started and completed hands, and opened one coffer for the legs. I never god the body (coffer) or boots (last quest). I threw all that I had away long before I thought it would ever have use again.

Now I want to re-obtain the legs (and other pieces I am sure). Do I have to get the body and feet and throw them away, reflag and do over? Or can I just get the legs from the coffer again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-17 23:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Ok, here is a question that is boggling me and I don't want to waste time with the wrong solution.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I did PART of the thf af quests. I got the first peice (head), started and completed hands, and opened one coffer for the legs. I never god the body (coffer) or boots (last quest). I threw all that I had away long before I thought it would ever have use again.

Now I want to re-obtain the legs (and other pieces I am sure). Do I have to get the body and feet and throw them away, reflag and do over? Or can I just get the legs from the coffer again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can try to reset the quest history with the NPC in lower jeuno, but chances are, you'll need to go hunt the other 2 coffers to complete that quest before you can do that.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-08-17 23:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

You can try to reset the quest history with the NPC in lower jeuno, but chances are, you'll need to go hunt the other 2 coffers to complete that quest before you can do that.

Yeah, I tried and thf was not listed...this is very, very sad news.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-17 23:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go do the coffers, it's not like getting a coffer key on thf is tough.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-08-17 23:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go do the coffers, it's not like getting a coffer key on thf is tough.

None of it is tough, just a lot more time consuming than I had hoped. I have to do one coffer, two quests (I just discovered I never finished the head quest), throw my new prizes away, and do it all again. Of course, I will do it, its just a little kick in the ***, is all. Thanks again for your help.
First Page 2 3 ... 307 308 309 ... 831 832 833