Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 297 298 299 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-24 15:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it does that. It won't cast anything if it might get resisted. No idea if it's a bug or working as intended or SE just doesn't give a *** (likely the last one).
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-24 15:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Yeah, it does that. It won't cast anything if it might get resisted. No idea if it's a bug or working as intended or SE just doesn't give a *** (likely the last one).
This. Scanner has been glitched like that for as long as I can remember sadly. Think SE may have admitted to it at one point but never fixed it.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-24 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
I have been hearing odin, asura and bahamut are the most active servers these days, even in EU times and I would like to ask; 1) is that true? 2) which one is the most EU friendly? By EU friendly I mean, are there still active EU linkshells* which aren't full and don't have too strict requirements to join.

*edit: and PUGs

I know there are at least one big EU endgame shell in both asura and bahamut, but i dont think they are recruiting, but up to you to research who they are and check them, see if you can talk about requirement.

About pug, check at your prefered time and go browsing server in the above box to see server shouts, but lemme say beforehand, it wont be nothing special.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-24 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This. Scanner has been glitched like that for as long as I can remember sadly. Think SE may have admitted to it at one point but never fixed it.
In the end when considering maximum damage puppet is going to have RNG automaton out and exchanging attack rounds with each other but unfortunately support mage automaton's will more likely be used when you are low manning things with friends for your WHM puppets very unreliable healing capabilities.

Sometimes I think I think I'm much better of just focusing on gearing BLU so I can at least drop some support cures on demand >3>. I do really like the utility and multi role presence of rdm and sch but like most people have said they find just casting spells very boring and I must add I feel the same way and my friends do too >.< (hence BLU :D)
I'll only ever low-man with a support puppet if
1) we have a 2nd "light healer"
2) I am confident I will keep hate(often) and the mob doesn't use too many AoE abilities.

I can keep myself alive/enfeeble it's doing it for everyone else that's a problem. Granted I have gone back to the old ways before and done a pup/sch and whm puppet support role but it's not the best.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-25 04:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Some question's for the fellow X360 players that view these forums:

1. Is it normal for your screen to freeze for 3-5 seconds upon entering a new zone.

2. Is the FPS really choppy for everyone else playing the 360 version.

I am using the older white model 360 that I just dusted off recently since I cant seem to find a way to play the game from the comfort of my couch. I've tried connecting my PC to my tv but I would like to run a wireless X360 PC controller which connects fine but for some reason due to awkward inputs for FFXI the game chooses to not recognize my L2 and R2 shoulder buttons. This is a normal issue fixed by directly connecting a PS3 or X360 wired controller and running motionjoy but can't seem to get motionjoy to recognize my wireless controller (not sure if this is the case with a bluetooth dongle for a ps3 controller pairing). As a result I decided to just use my old Xbox and found my seekers ultimate collection which i never actually installed from the day I bought it. So after playing it for the first time I'm kinda curious if this is a game porting issue or does this only happen to certain people which could just be a problem with the hard drive. Curious if things run smoother on the new x360 model with the newer HDD.

Its very normal freezing after zone. Normally xbox lags more than pc and is more suscetible to crashes than pc (back when wk were 4h+, it was normal xbox players to crash in the end, and more likely than not, losing the drops).

The controller issue should be solved by a logitech controller wireless or installing programs like ffxiswitchmon or similars like xpadder, that can associate the back trigger with keyboard command, thus restoring the controller possibilities.
 Siren.Namelessone
Server: Siren
By Siren.Namelessone 2014-07-25 05:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall seeing someone post a znm flow chart that was maps with routes and such. I believe it was from a japanese site. Anyone know what im thinking of?
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-25 05:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/4/

This might be it. Gotta scroll down a bit for the maps.
[+]
 Siren.Namelessone
Server: Siren
By Siren.Namelessone 2014-07-25 05:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ty!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-25 05:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Namelessone said: »
I recall seeing someone post a znm flow chart that was maps with routes and such. I believe it was from a japanese site. Anyone know what im thinking of?

Yep. Here you go. Keityans original post.

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Hi. I'm the guy that did the Kogarasumaru afterglow mythic. I did this stuff a lot. While I have some damn efficient routes, someone else independently found some of these routes as well. I highly approve of these maps. There are indeed better routes, (PM if you are going through a lot of these) this resource is excellent for people who only need to make 4-5 sets for their mythics.

Here you go,

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/4/
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-25 18:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can one get afterglow after ilvl on a relic weapon?
By Highwynd 2014-07-25 20:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My Blinkmenot settings were defaulted for some reason and trying to find the settings I had before.

I want it so that when I'm not in combat, changing gear will still blink, but as soon as I engage in combat, i won't blink when I change gear. I tried multiple combinations but I keep blinking in the midst of combat, the only settting that prevents me from blinking when I change gear in battle is "/bmn always self on" but that prevents me from blinking out of combat too :/
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-25 20:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Yeah, the trial for afterglow is available for 119 as well.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-25 22:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Yeah, the trial for afterglow is available for 119 as well.
Thanks.
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-26 04:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

how long does it usually take for a server transfer to be completed?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-26 04:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you pay, its instant (need to be logged off from server).

If you already payed and still are in same server, call gm, he will transfer you in 20ish mins.
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-26 04:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Once you pay, its instant (need to be logged off from server).

If you already payed and still are in same server, call gm, he will transfer you in 20ish mins.

thanks for a quick reply, cheers
By Pantafernando 2014-07-26 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im being kicked.
Someone else?
By Gravionblack 2014-07-26 12:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know of a good high lvl jug pet for bst with magic def besides Gooey Gerard?
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-27 03:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any vendorable item that is worth it to farm in this day and age in abyssea? (except dark ring)
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-07-27 03:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can actually trade a massive amount of weapons using dominion notes. Each sell for about 7k to NPC.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 03:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre satisfied with 30k for a non common drop, you can easily make more cleaving and selling numerous augmented weapons from ulegurand/grauberg/altepa. They drop very often, sometimes 2 in same pyxie, and sell 7k each. With a good camp like diremmites (for bloodthread and noc avatar blood) you can increase your income. If you decides to do that with gain exo quest, you can essily cap 50k sparks in 3h for extra 500k npcing or even as high as 1,2m if you are lucky of your server buys skill up books for 60k a stack. Have been common people spamming spark gain exp to sell them though. Soon the price should drop a bit.
By fractalvoid 2014-07-27 03:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vasche said: »
Is Windows 8 still giving windower/ffxi trouble? I got a free copy of Pro in the mail but i'll stick with 7 if it's gonna mess me up.

I dualbox using windower4 just fine on windows8.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-27 04:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Outer Ra' Skirmish be solo'ble(with trusts) now? or 2box'd-3box'd?

If yes whats the efficient setup for it and which tier would be good for that?
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-27 17:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
If youre satisfied with 30k for a non common drop, you can easily make more cleaving and selling numerous augmented weapons from ulegurand/grauberg/altepa.

I didn't mean to say dark rings were worth it, sorry. That was to avoid any "farm dark rings" replies :D Thanks for the tip.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 18:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Can Outer Ra' Skirmish be solo'ble(with trusts) now? or 2box'd-3box'd?

If yes whats the efficient setup for it and which tier would be good for that?
Could always just solo a primary goal of a
5/3/5 trig on almost any job for like 95% key item rate without killing any NM, just hitting Noetics

Legs 4 or 5 mean you get massive Noetics fragments+ just have to kill some lesser mobs and roam for Noetics

Thats almost 2m throwed in trash can.
If its just for ki, just go with 111 primary.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 297 298 299 ... 834 835 836