Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 295 296 297 ... 836 837 838
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 00:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well i wasnt shooting for mages it was a TE link on the upper floor of bastok rdm and drk argoed i should just sleep bolted it and jsut didnt think about it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 00:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

starting to question why i wasted 4mil on getting a TH dagger lol...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 00:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't farm cities unless you're trying to get a base relic weapon, dreamlands zones are infinitely better for currency and relic gear.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 00:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

was going for cor boots lol but your right about wayfarer, wow i didnt realize the stats were so high on MagicDEf/Eva
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 00:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get the boots off beastmen in Qufim. Much easier TEs and mobs aren't as nearly packed together.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 00:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You can get the boots off beastmen in Qufim. Much easier TEs and mobs aren't as nearly packed together.

Not to mention that if you get the boots early in the run, you aren't forced to farm a crap zone for the rest of it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 03:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

another Q lol, anyone tried Legion low man? i knwo still need 3 to enter but wondering how they would be at our new levels?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-22 06:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Sounds like FFXIDB needs some adjusting. 7000 is a pretty big error.

I guess "spaghetti code".

you really have a ***attitude toward xidb for how often you use it, there are people paying money to host it, time to maintain it, and it's an incredibly useful tool

yes, there are situations where it can get inaccurate data, but this particular one is at least equal fault SE(25% of packets being double-sent is pathetic)..
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-22 09:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sounds like FFXIDB needs some adjusting. 7000 is a pretty big error.

I guess "spaghetti code".

you really have a ***attitude toward xidb for how often you use it, there are people paying money to host it, time to maintain it, and it's an incredibly useful tool

yes, there are situations where it can get inaccurate data, but this particular one is at least equal fault SE(25% of packets being double-sent is pathetic)..

The spaghetti code was referencing square, not db. I assume people understand without me having to be explicit. Though I should know better, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, just so I can be impressed every time you take it wrong.

My attitude is directed at inaccuracy. If someone is going to take the time to write the program, and put it out there, I appreciate accuracy in its implementation. Absolutely nothing wrong with requiring accurate information.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-22 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have a disorder or something
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-22 10:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
do you have a disorder or something
Pretty sure his *** and mouth were switched around at birth
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-22 11:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Superiority complex. Nothing special.

My bad for appreciating accuracy. I guess I could just go around telling patients that their blood pressure is 25% higher than it actually is, not my fault, my Sphygmomanometer is faulty, oh I know about it, but I don't fix it, cause yeah.

Sounds like they'd totally understand.

(inb4 drawing parallels to videogame math with actual important things)

Asura.Loire said: »
Pretty sure typing has nothing to do with speaking.

*edited typo, that'll happen when tired, since spell-check doesn't know the difference.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-22 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad for appreciating accuracy
patents
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-22 11:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Superiority complex. Nothing special.

My bad for appreciating accuracy. I guess I could just go around telling patents that their blood pressure is 25% higher than it actually is, not my fault, my Sphygmomanometer is faulty, oh I know about it, but I don't fix it, cause yeah.

Sounds like they'd totally understand.

(inb4 drawing parallels to videogame math with actual important things)

Asura.Loire said: »
Pretty sure typing has nothing to do with speaking.
Sure had me convinced with the ***you spew out. Though in all honesty your attention to detail is just amazing, should probably go brag to your patents.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 17:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, TH1 trait plus a TH belt would give you TH2 (Treasure Hound mog power would give you an extra level on top of that). BLU would make a better farmer than PUP/DNC since currency farming without at least TH1 isn't worth the effort. Neither is magic proccing. White procs are too rare to justify going subless, at least while solo.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-22 17:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic procs absolutely suck. Even if you pulled the entire section, slept them all and used non-damaging aoe's to proc and killed off the ones that proced first, it would still take forever. I also seem to recall aoe's have a reduced chance to proc. I may be wrong on that and I hope I am but either way it's terrible. Even alternating spells with a brd alt spamming songs every 3.5 seconds, I still can't proc magic proc in a timely manner.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-22 17:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic proccing works for some jobs since the frequency of, say, dia helps balance out the raw chance of proc. I've done it with my mule's RDM in Qufim since the camps there are so small and I almost always run out of mobs. I've never tried on BLU, maybe foot kick or something would work, but magic procs are only really an option if camps become overcrowded and you'd end up being better off in magic camps instead of JA ones.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 17:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic procs are something like 5%. JA and WS are around 20% but JA proves to be more reliable because you're not limited by TP.

PUP/THF was viable in dynamis because it could spam low damage weaponskills and certain automaton actions counted for weaponskill procs (Flash and Provoke). I haven't tried it since ilvl gear so I dunno how effective it could be now given how fast an ilvl-geared player can tear through mobs (the recent weaponskill update wouldn't help that issue any either).

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-22 17:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the proc rates go something like:
Magic- 8%
JA - 20%
WS - 25%

I can say from personal experience that going for magic procs is just very frustrating and time consuming. Even with how much faster you can spam magic.

If you're going to spend 2 hours a day doing something you might as well get the most out of it. Seems like average currency pull for the veteran THF/DNC is around 350-450 singles. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any other class coming close.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-22 18:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary of JA vs Magic Procs using simple maths and assuming a 20% JA proc rate and 5% magic proc rate (best estimates based on available data). This assumes perfect use every cooldown, Dia is mostly limited by magic delay and casting time outside of human error:

7 Chances for Steps + Flourishes every 60 seconds
20 Chances for Dia every 60 seconds

Over a 60 second period, there is a 20% chance 4 times, every 15 seconds, for Steps to proc, and over a 60 second period, there is a 20% chance 3 times, every 20 seconds, for Flourishes to proc for a combined
total of a 20% chance 7 times over a period of 60 seconds for JAs to proc.

Over a 60 second period, there is a 5% chance 20 times, every 3 seconds, for Dia to proc.

JAs: 1-(0.8^7) = 20.97% chance of nonoccurrence, or a 79.03% chance of occurrence

Dia: 1-(0.95^20)= 35.85% chance of nonoccurrence, or a 64.15% chance of occurrence

4 Chances for Steps + Flourishes over 40 seconds
14 Chances for Dia over 42 seconds

JAs: 1-(0.8^4) = 40.96% chance of nonoccurrence, or 59.04% chance of occurrence.

Dia: 1-(0.95^14) = 48.77% chance of nonoccurrence, or 51.23% chance of occurrence.

4 Chances for Steps + Flourishes over 20 seconds
7 Chances for Dia over 21 seconds

JAs: 1-(0.8^4) = 40.96% chance of nonoccurrence, or 59.04% chance of occurrence.

Dia: 1-(0.95^7) = 69.83% chance of nonoccurrence, or 30.17% chance of occurrence.

So in a scenario where you're starting a fight with both JAs available off the get-go, magic procs are waaaay behind over a similar amount of elapsed time. If you for some reason have both at max recast, the gap is smaller. That's an unreasonable scenario, however, unless dealing with links.

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Seems like average currency pull for the veteran THF/DNC is around 350-450 singles. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any other class coming close.

I do this easily on my BLU/DNC, 350 being a very low average and something I wouldn't even include in my range. 390~460 is closer to what I pull daily, it's hard to go any lower (current record is 487, could pull higher but it seems everyone on Valefor does Dyna during the hours that I can play). My RDM/DNC mule gets much lower though, 320~390.
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-07-22 20:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any sort of list/quest/graph/chart/whatever that tells me exactly what is needed for Epeolatry or Idris?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-22 20:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Is there any sort of list/quest/graph/chart/whatever that tells me exactly what is needed for Epeolatry or Idris?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43156/wtb-h-p-bayld-sell-your-nq-bayld

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43245/coalitions-hp-bayld-epeolatryprofit
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-22 20:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is this:

250 + 1000 + 2500 + 9999 HP Bayld

2.5mil Plasm item

1 of each Delve boss AF upgrade item (iirc).

over 13000 HP Bayld is very difficult at the moment. Imagine that someone can farm 30k Bayld per hour on average (3 HP Bayld). At current prices (40k each) they are only making 120k/hr. Salvage and Dynamis make about 1mil/hr. Just spamming Tojil makes you way more than 120k/hr. 120k/hr is ***, and that's with overpriced 40k HP Baylds.

So farming HP Bayld is unreasonable. Your only option is to buy the HP Bayld that drops from WKRs or that other people happen to acquire while doing other stuff, which means the supply is pretty shitty and it's only going to get worse as people cap out on WKRs.

In terms of effort, at 3/hr it is 180 man-days of farming to complete an Ergon weapon. In comparison, it takes ~10 man-days of farming to get 30000 Alexandrite from Salvage (but 200 days due to lockouts).

Good luck
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-07-22 20:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the fast responses!

Mostly for personal knowledge.

Also quick question, is there a way to unlock the new WS's prior to obtaining the mythic~esque counterpart? I know seems silly, but I've been away from the game for 8 months and bgwiki doesn't have little things like that posted - unless I don't know where I'm looking.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 295 296 297 ... 836 837 838