Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 265 266 267 ... 836 837 838
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-08 10:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if you can kill the chariot in Salvage II to complete the lvl 90 mythic weapon trials instead of NQ Salvage?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-08 10:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Anyone know if you can kill the chariot in Salvage II to complete the lvl 90 mythic weapon trials instead of NQ Salvage?

doubt. I did the I one.

just pass by everything and go to the last floor. Easier.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-08 11:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I thought so, just wanted to see if anyone was adventurous enough to try.

I just hate fiddling with cells >_<;

thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-09 02:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know the .dat file for the original avatar summon animations? Like when you first summon an avatar. Trying to change it to the bcnm versions but I can't find the original ones, I already know the bcnm versions.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-09 02:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Recorded a video of an AA fight. Wanted to upload it to Youtube for friend to see but the video will be uploaded in 1800+ minutes? Is there a way to compress the video? I used fraps.

Edit:3700+ minutes

You need a video editing program, use windows movie maker.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-04-09 04:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry again for the latest in a string of dumb questions, but do THF-type Trust NPCs (like Nanaa Mihgo) have working Treasure Hunter traits? Has anyone seen any indication that they might have TH3 or higher? (Sorry if this has already been asked before.)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-09 04:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They have TH1. Nanaa does, anyway. Not sure if any others are actually THFs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-09 13:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Does anybody know the .dat file for the original avatar summon animations? Like when you first summon an avatar. Trying to change it to the bcnm versions but I can't find the original ones, I already know the bcnm versions.

Anyone know?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-09 16:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hegira Wristbands... Seems like they should drop from the new Ouryu fight - confirmed yet?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-04-10 17:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if you have to unlock all 5 artifact(6 with weapon) pieces before you can reset your memory and do them again? It seems I completed all the quests for SAM, but I don't believe I ever made the body/legs cause, well, they sucked. But I tossed some pieces out awhile ago and need them again.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2014-04-10 21:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How much does pluton and beitetsu go for on y'alls' servers?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-11 05:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

been selling them at 50k/12k and they go in a few hours.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-11 07:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Anyone know if you have to unlock all 5 artifact(6 with weapon) pieces before you can reset your memory and do them again? It seems I completed all the quests for SAM, but I don't believe I ever made the body/legs cause, well, they sucked. But I tossed some pieces out awhile ago and need them again.

No systematic, you can redo the legs and body again if you haven't reset the SAM af1 quest, you can just redo it immediately. If you did by any chance then you have to do redo and flag the quest again.

If by any chance you have to restart over, you'll need to get the base weapon + head + feet before you can have access to the other af1's for SAM. Goodluck!
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2014-04-11 09:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i have been having trouble with MyGear suddenly on Windower4 , it wont allow me to make gear sets thru the main console thingy or augment existing files , i can how ever create new .txt files manually (which is very annoying) . i have double checked permissions and the security thingy (i always choose to run it as an Admin) but to no avail. i am not highly computer savvy and the fact it started breakin my balls a few months ago suddenly makes me think some Windows update or something is to blame . i have even gone as far as to un-install Windower4 and MyGear and re-install with no change .

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-14 16:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Why do some people feel it necessary to full time a gear set? I'm not talking about /lockstyle either lol I mean literally full timing a gear set during any given event? I resemble a hobo with mismatched gear just for casting Requiem and for some reason I see people in Sparks or re-forged AF running around, are people just not getting the news about gear sets? My SAM isn't leveled but I know they have a gear set for ws or for PDT, as any MNK will have a PDT, MDT, well anyway, I had an altercation with some peeps, who I will not name for the sake of not getting this mini rant deleted lol They know who they are, and I really do hope they read this and step up their game.

Some jobs do have the benefit of being able to have some gear sets share the majority of the gear for TP and WS sets, based on the current trend of a ton of stat boosts on most top tier pieces now. But that is kind of a case by case basis on the job and gear.

That being said, full timing sparks-tier gear and below on any job is either laziness, or the person is only using it while farming the needed REM tale pages or skirmish gear +1 and nothing is better in the slot. If someone got confrontational about it, I would say laziness, and they feel the need to defend themselves.
By Antisense 2014-04-14 18:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people care about things other people do when it doesn't even affect them directly?

So they have an excuse to offer unsolicited advice

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-15 05:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

^ It would need to be the same as with Daurdabla I'd assume. Songs; Ghorn > Ghorn > Dummy with harp > Ghorn.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-15 08:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get your old name back? When pandy server went down I was moved to lakshimi and my name was changed. Is there a way to get my old name back? Thanks for your help.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-15 08:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Is there a way to get your old name back? When pandy server went down I was moved to lakshimi and my name was changed. Is there a way to get my old name back? Thanks for your help.

I think you can do this, not sure:

Need to check if your desired name isnt already taken. If its free, pay a server transfer and send your char to any other server. Then create a mule with your current name in your current server. Then get your char back to your original server. As your mule is owning your current name, you should be given the choice of another name.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-15 08:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your help. Lol
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-04-15 09:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't you do it without server transfers? Just by cancelling your main and letting it run out you should be able to make a new mule with your main's name unless it still reserves your name for some reason? Then re-activate main and rename? I haven't done this so can't say for sure.

Cost of one extra mule for a month << cost of two server transfers
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-15 09:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
Couldn't you do it without server transfers? Just by cancelling your main and letting it run out you should be able to make a new mule with your main's name unless it still reserves your name for some reason? Then re-activate main and rename? I haven't done this so can't say for sure.

Cost of one extra mule for a month << cost of two server transfers

No because the server still saves your characters if your sub runs out the only way to do it without transferring is by deleting that character and make a new one.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-04-15 10:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know, thanks for the clarification. I remember before the world transfer service someone I knew would delete and then restore his character to rename it, but that may be a bad idea just in case, I do not have any experience with this either.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-15 10:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much work . >.<
First Page 2 3 ... 265 266 267 ... 836 837 838