user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-02 05:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

03-02-2012 05:15 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1099] Equipment Menu Adjustment

• The equipment menu can now display four-digit attack and defense values.

Subscribe

March 2, 2012 Test Server Updates:

03-08-2012 12:44 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

We definitely understand how many of you would like to see other stat values displayed, besides just attack and defense. Unfortunately, at the current time it is a bit difficult. This information is not kept client side and in order for this information to be displayed it would be necessary to increase the amount of information that is sent from the server to the client.

Increasing this amount of information sent to the client means an increase in the amount of data traffic, so the reason it is difficult is due to the fact that we are considering the risk of lag this could cause.

The same reason holds true for some other requests we have seen, such as displaying party member’s status ailments and other information.

Again, we realize the necessity for these things, but please understand that at the moment it is very difficult to do.
Subscribe

03-15-2012 05:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I followed up with the development team about the possibility of displaying information that is already available on the client-side and they mentioned that they will be proactively looking into ways to display party/alliance TP, MP, and other information to coincide with the UI revamp timing.
Subscribe

03-16-2012 04:35 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Alrighty! Just got this fancy list to share with you showing what we can have displayed information-wise since it is already sent to the client. This way there is no need for guessing!

Circles denote information that is already displayed in some way shape or form on your client.

1. Party/Alliance Member Information
    ○ HP
    ○ MP
    ○ TP
    ○ HP %
    ○ MP %
    × Mog House invitation flag
    × Mog House area that you are invited to

2. Information that is only sent to yourself pt.1
    ○ Max HP
    ○ Max MP
    ○ Main job
    ○ Main job level
    ○ Support job
    ○ Support job level
    ○ Experience points
    ○ Experience points until the next level
    ○ STR
    ○ DEX
    ○ VIT
    ○ AGI
    ○ INT
    ○ MND
    ○ CHR
    ○ Main weapon attack power
    ○ Defense
    ○ Elemental resistances
    ○ Title
    ○ Mission rank
    ○ Rank points
    ○ Home point
    ○ Home nation

3. Information that is only sent to yourself pt.2
    ○ Ability recast time
    ○ Battle skills
    ○ Magic skills
    ○ Synthesis skills

4. Information that is only sent to yourself pt.3
    ○ Limit points
    ○ Merit points
    × Assimilation
    × Flags for having at least one level 75 job
    ○ Status of experience points (capped or not)
    ○ Mode selection (experience points/limit points)

For all of the above, without worrying about the display location or method, it is in fact possible to display this information. On the other hand, information besides what is listed here would be very difficult to display.

As stated in my last post, the development team will be looking into displaying information such as MP and TP for party/alliance members to coincide with the UI revamps.

If you have any other feedback regarding what you would like to see displayed, please refer to the above list when making suggestions.
Subscribe
[+]
 Fenrir.Rekial
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-03-02 05:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

that's fun
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-02 05:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

About time <_< now what about all other hidden attributes that are hidden for no reason?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-02 06:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My drg attack will always cap at 670 anyway. :P
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-03-02 10:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
My drg attack will always cap at 670 anyway. :P

The truth hurts :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-03-02 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe those people who think attack and defense cap at 999 will finally stfu. =x
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-03-02 10:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged attack go!
[+]
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2012-03-02 10:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »
Maybe those people who think attack and defense cap at 999 will finally stfu. =x

no, i think they will just argue that attack/defense USE TO cap at 999, until they UNCAPPED it.
[+]
By Darcatvar 2012-03-02 11:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you show me my range attack value finally?
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-03-02 11:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cycerath said: »

no, i think they will just argue that attack/defense USE TO cap at 999, until they UNCAPPED it.

...Yeah, I bet this will happen.

Gdi lol.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-03-02 11:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares, just gimme 999 inventory slots you evil restrictive ***!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-02 13:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cycerath said: »

So true lol
[+]
 Odin.Almont
Server: Odin
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-03-02 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray for useless updates? I guess the Dev Team wants to at least look busy.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-03-02 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously, show us our ranged attack and perhaps base accuracy :/
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-08 17:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

We definitely understand how many of you would like to see other stat values displayed, besides just attack and defense. Unfortunately, at the current time it is a bit difficult. This information is not kept client side and in order for this information to be displayed it would be necessary to increase the amount of information that is sent from the server to the client.

Increasing this amount of information sent to the client means an increase in the amount of data traffic, so the reason it is difficult is due to the fact that we are considering the risk of lag this could cause.

The same reason holds true for some other requests we have seen, such as displaying party member’s status ailments and other information.

Again, we realize the necessity for these things, but please understand that at the moment it is very difficult to do.
Subscribe
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2012-03-08 17:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
Who cares, just gimme 999 inventory slots you evil restrictive ***!
And we'll still find ***to clutter it with... ; ;
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-08 17:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-08 17:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Probably the most reasonable explanation for "why we haven't done this yet" that they've ever given.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-03-08 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Quote:

Probably the most reasonable explanation for "why we haven't done this yet" that they've ever given.

'cept 14 shows all of it and more :/
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-08 17:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, people would just have new jobs on which to run around in Aurore + Ocelot Gloves.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-08 17:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
Quote:

14 is running on newer code + software, and if I had to guess, probably hardware too.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2012-03-08 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
No, people would just have new jobs on which to run around in Aurore + Ocelot Gloves.
just pretend it's 80 cap again and everyone is kiting something 24/7
Or zombie'ing stuff as frequently as people say they need to.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-03-08 18:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said: »
Or zombie'ing stuff as frequently as people say they need to.

I felt pretty humiliated myself the other day I had to zombie something out... D:

At least it was something for a friend so it didn't felt *too bad*... lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-08 19:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Subscribe
Perhaps we could have a moogle who will tell you all of your stats when you talk to him as a temporary measure?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-08 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Subscribe
Perhaps we could have a moogle who will tell you all of your stats when you talk to him as a temporary measure?

would be awesome if our MH moogle would tell us our acc and all that...
 Lakshmi.Jesi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-03-08 19:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
Quote:

14 is running on newer code + software, and if I had to guess, probably hardware too.

And so....?

The reason they gave is complete BS. All the game is doing is asking the server for a variable. That takes so little bandwidth it's insane. You could do it on a 28.8 modem instantly.

Also like other people said, if that was really true, why not make it something you can only view in your mog house?

I personally think that they don't want to write the interface for it. So they just gave a BS reason.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-08 19:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said: »

And so....?

The reason they gave is complete BS. All the game is doing is asking the server for a variable. That takes so little bandwidth it's insane. You could do it on a 28.8 modem instantly.

Also like other people said, if that was really true, why not make it something you can only view in your mog house?

I personally think that they don't want to write the interface for it. So they just gave a BS reason.
Networking is quite a bit more complicated than that. Old code and old hardware is a huge detriment server side. I can't imagine they have much programming staff left, certainly not anyone who knows how to fix the mess they've already made so it's probably not bs. It's probably the honest truth that this is going to be very complicated and "IF" it happens at all it'll take a lot of resources to do and might have a permanent impact on server response time.

Also, nothing is instant on V.34 modem...
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2012-03-08 19:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Lakshmi.Jesi said: »

And so....?

Networking is quite a bit more complicated than that. Old code and old hardware is a huge detriment server side. I can't imagine they have much programming staff left, certainly not anyone who knows how to fix the mess they've already made so it's probably not bs. It's probably the honest truth that this is going to be very complicated and "IF" it happens at all it'll take a lot of resources to do and might have a permanent impact on server response time.

Also, nothing is instant on V.34 modem...
I played XI on dial-up for a long time, it really is not that much data traffic already.
First Page 2 3