Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1098] New Merchant NPC Items

• The NPCs below now sell the following items:

• Scrolls of Invisibility, Sneak, and Deodorize
      • Falgima (Selbina, H-9)
      • Tya Padolih (Mhaura, G-9)
    • Wormy Broth
      • Macchi Gazlitah (Ru'Lude Gardens, H-9)

Subscribe

March 2, 2012 Test Server Updates:
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-03-02 05:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What's next? All other scrolls that drop from beastmen mobs?
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-02 05:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god. Now I can finally get sneak after all these years.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
Server: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-03-02 06:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

this just seems a little unnecessary
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-02 06:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »
It's just one of those updates that SE insists on doing to make it look like they are getting so much done.

They just broke 100 dev updates!~ That must be good!!... (lol)
[+]
 Valefor.Shinzagoon
Server: Valefor
user: Shinza
By Valefor.Shinzagoon 2012-03-02 07:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, the price of invisible has skyrocketed over the past years. When I first bought it back in, I dunno, 2004 or so, I'm sure it must have cost about 200-500. But now it's going for 40k-50k on my server, and there's no reason it should be that high up, considering it's an essential spell all new players should easily be able to get. Even though 95% of the population doesn't care about it anymore, since they probably have the spell already, it's a change they should have made ages ago, I think.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-02 07:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shinzagoon said: »
To be fair, the price of invisible has skyrocketed over the past years. When I first bought it back in, I dunno, 2004 or so, I'm sure it must have cost about 200-500. But now it's going for 40k-50k on my server, and there's no reason it should be that high up, considering it's an essential spell all new players should easily be able to get. Even though 95% of the population doesn't care about it anymore, since they probably have the spell already, it's a change they should have made ages ago, I think.

40-50k? >_> wtf

*looks up sirens*

EDIT: OMG 70-100K WTF!
[+]
 Asura.Antisociall
Server: Asura
By Asura.Antisociall 2012-03-02 07:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, 70k on Asura too
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2012-03-02 09:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Invisible went up super-high because it's a very rare scroll dropped only by certain low-level mobs that no one does GoV alliances on coupled with everyone and their mom leveling WHM as a main job and RDM/SCH for a sub.

It was a fun little money maker (even though there are far better out there) that not many seemed to be wise to. I hope the new players will appreciate it.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-02 09:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

se is always looking for a way to prevent people from making money. sigh. it's around 70k on sylph too. i actually farmed it a bit when it was going for 50k. but you can only hold one at a time, so it;s not like you make massive money off it
 Asura.Psubond
Server: Asura
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2012-03-02 09:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

watch it cost like 50k from npc
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-02 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This npc will barely get used >.>;
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-03-02 09:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day I bought dispel from a NPC in Aht urgan (I don't play RDM at all) and I was still thinking I would need to do BCNM to get it before I noticed the NPC was selling it. /facepalm
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-03-02 09:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »
Asura.Psubond said: »
watch it cost like 50k from npc

Their have actually been a fair amount of complaint about this now. With ppl no long fighting in the dunes and in the old areas, this scroll has become a bit rare. It rose to 100k+ on my server.

I even tried to help a new player farm it not that long ago. Several hours later, even using my thf with capped TH, i still didn't get a drop. So i can imagine the frustration of a new player trying to get something that was supposed to be so easy to get.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2012-03-02 09:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
se is always looking for a way to prevent people from making money. sigh. it's around 70k on sylph too. i actually farmed it a bit when it was going for 50k. but you can only hold one at a time, so it;s not like you make massive money off it

Yeah! Friggan SE! Always screwing the players that are trying to screw and cannibalize the low level newer players! I mean, it only takes them like a week to make 40-50k! What douchebags SE must be!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-02 09:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a big deal to veterans leveling a new job to go out and farm it or pay 100k but for a newb player, it isn't easy. I can see why they would do this and I think it's a good idea, though this is one of those things that should have just been stuck in a line on a update notes rather than have fanfare but whatever.

I'd like to see them adjust some npc scroll prices as well as add alternative methods for obtaining them or increasing the mob spread that drops them. Notable spells like AM1.

I think it'd help new players considerably to be able to pick up things easier.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-02 09:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh. honestly, these days the amount of new players to this game are very few. there is the occasional old player that rejoined but mostly its just people leveling new jobs or leveling mules. so first off- they have some form of income. im not blasting anyone. its just that over the years SE has taken many steps to limit the amount of money a player can make. the reduction is npc price for bird blood, the drop in amount and frequency in tree saplings from cuttings. the drop is price of many fairly easy farmable items over the years. and another thing about making money. when the game first came out, yes, i would agree that it would take a hellishly long time to make 50k. but these days, with fields of valor and grounds of valor, you can easily make that much in a day. and thats not even with extreme hard core leveling. im not advocating jacking the prices of low items to screw lower players. im simply pointing out another example of SE taking an item that has become a decent sale and making it more readily available. i dont think i really need to go into detail about all of the multitude of items that now are in boxes in abyssea that used to sell for millions- star sapphire for one. i won that from a mog bananza one year, i think it sold close to 2 mil. now people npc them because there are just so many in circulation. as for the increasing drop rate of certain spells like AM's. i wouldnt be opposed to that. but honestly, the prices of those now are still less then they used to be. years ago. when i got them on blm. the prices were higher. i think the only one that has really increased is quake. flood is still comparable. but tornado, flare and burst have all gone down. freeze has always been low.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-03-02 10:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, they add this after I spend 70k for invisible on my mule!
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-02 10:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

another little point on the ancient magics and their price. the entire point of those spells was to help a blm fully understand their power. its not supposed to be a spell that a mage casually tosses at a mob. with great power comes great responsibility. or cost. the spell prices were always daunting, but they seem even more so now because people are buying 15 and 16 spells at a time because they took a job from 30-99 in a day. so honestly i have no sympathy from that angle. they just grab the spells to fill their ranks rather then really learning to appreciate all of their applications. im an old school blm, so this subject is a little tender for me. but how many of these newer blm actually know how to, or understand the mechanics of magic bursting? how many of them know what elements are associated with each skillchain? i really dont have sympathy for people who dont care enough to learn the ins and outs of the job they are playing. and for all mages, part of that is the cost of the spells. AND the only reason people even care about the AM1's is because they are proc spells. if SE didnt make that call, then no one would even farm them. as it is, the meritable 2's arent used anymore because the tier 5's and ajas are so much more powerful. not that i honestly think SE would take the time to rebalance some jobs, but i really think blm needs a spell upheaval. because an entire section of their merits no longer has application
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2012-03-02 11:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
with great power comes great responsibility.

This is now a spiderman thread.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-02 11:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh just /sigh
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-03-02 11:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zigounette said: »
are they serious ?

Dev. ressource spend on that ....

F......... joke SE, wait the 1st of April

I'm usually an advocate of anti-SE but do you honestly think a butt load of resources was spent on something such as this?

This obviously caters to the newbies

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-02 12:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying to be a ***, but Timepassesbye you should really learn how to use this if want people to read what you write.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2012-03-02 13:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't complain about these npcs because they're selling items that a newbie would want pretty early into the game.

But rather that I was hoping that Shuriken npc would be introduced without insane *** prices like 64k for 1 shuriken >:(
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-03-02 13:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn your blinkers in, SE smells gil and is doing something about it.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-02 13:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does it say anything about blinkers being nerfed?
First Page 2