[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 26 27 28
By volkom 2013-04-04 11:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

jukebox
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 11:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't confirm you have the items on xbox or ps2 because you don't have access to guildwork. You would need SE's cooperation in providing the information directly for them to be able to confirm.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-04 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how a thousand characters all of the sudden having every single possible achievement exactly represents reality, either. Maybe allowing people to enter it in to see where they would rank, but not actually ranking them. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to add something like that just to cater to a select group of characters, though.
 Ragnarok.Maleko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Maleko
By Ragnarok.Maleko 2013-04-11 17:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No of course not, but the Achievement aspect of the ranking system only captures:

(a) People regiested on FFXIAH
(b) Playing on a PC
(c) Those people registered in Guildworks

Because of this: the ranking is not a true demographic sampling and is therefore flawed.

And yes, I a little butt hurt that my rank is 302 on my server when I have a shitload of points that are not counted simply because I play on an X-Box LOL
 Ragnarok.Maleko
user: Maleko
By Ragnarok.Maleko 2013-04-11 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that the maintenance on the linkshell community is because they are adding the quildwork capabilities to that entity. But it is POL and SE we are talking about here so Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
By Quiznor 2013-04-11 17:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Working servers
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-04-11 17:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ban quiznor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Emmm
Server: Leviathan
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2013-04-14 07:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Add another category in "Achievements" for Adoulin Missions. This might encourage people to play the new content? Not sure. For numerous reasons, a good percentage of the population is still playing old content. Sometimes it feels like two separate games.....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-05 08:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance of updating the shout function so it shows shouts from Adoulin/Whitegate instead of just Jeuno?
 Siren.Necromage
user: Necromage
By Siren.Necromage 2013-06-05 08:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice to see craft recipes added back to all the newer items listed on the site.
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2013-06-11 08:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been mentioned already, and Scragg seemed disinterested, but a mobile version would honestly be ideal. This site is huge, and the front page alone is full of content that a mobile user may or may not want to navigate on a tiny screen with big thumbs. While, yes, the site loads fine, it's difficult to just make quick item or player searches (the server selector alone is annoying). It would also be nice for on-the-go forum posts: less colored text and embedded youtube videos, etc. It would also be nice for mobile users who don't necessarily have the most up-to-date phones. I dunno, just my two cents.
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-07-01 10:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought, is there a way to get the shouts link swapped from jeuno to adoulin?

Either a perm switch or a way to add /yell from other zones in the current feature.

I assume it would be possible to make a drop down menu as well to pick your location too.

Seems like all the afkers stay in jeuno and all the shouts/yells are in Adoulin now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [331 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-03 19:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is already implemented, but any chance to have your current set made to an item set?

Would be easier than having to type in each slot; and easy enough to manage sets with guildwork and flushing your profile.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2014-09-23 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider removing GamerEscape from the item links.

Their information is often outdated. If you look at the changelog (at the time of writing this) most of the updates are weeks old and done by a single moderator to what are mostly event and guide pages. Their item tab on their FFXI section of their wiki points at FFXIV content.

I don't see the benefit in having someone's personal guide wiki promoted by FFXIAH, especially when it doesn't even have placeholder pages for most if not all semi-recent items, and no unique information for older content like FFXIclopedia has.

No offense to the moderators of GamerEscape, especially since those of you active there have had the good sense to include AH links on your site on exclusive tagged gear whereas the mods you've left behind at FFXIclopedia have reverted attempts to do the same several times, but I think your website is more targeted towards FFXIV, not FFXI.

At this time I don't think any value would be lost from FFXIAH by dropping the links to GamerEscape from item pages.
[+]
 Cerberus.Keshan
Server: Cerberus
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2014-10-01 19:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it has been mentioned, but I would love updated craft recipes under items. Is there a way to let members add recipes, to make things easier?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [238 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
Server: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-05-27 13:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Necrobumping.

We still would like to know suggestions for enhancing the site. If there is any bugs or things that folks notice that need fixing or improvement, please post here.

We use a program app for ideas, tasks, etc. For scragg and we will put them on the app for him.

Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-27 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"Browse", "xNM", and recipes are all wildly under-populated/out of date.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 13:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As suggested yesterday, a custom, user-generated titling system would enhance and give posters a unique ability to individualize their accounts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-27 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The assault/campaign/conquest sections should be grouped together, along with similar entries for sparks/plasm/etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-27 13:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The XIVPro side could use a ton of improvements, and added utilities. Things like item sets and a BiS solver are the most obvious choices.
By volkom 2015-05-27 13:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

a chat messaging system like you find on facebook?

popup disclaimer if you go into P&R you can't be butt hurt when people's political and religious opinions differ
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-27 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to show us that list Aelius was talking about? At least that way we know what is already being considered and what isn't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-27 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of items that have been added since before Seekers of Adoulin that are searchable on this site, but they do not appear on any lists under the "Browse" function. It'd be nice if those items could be given a home on a list somewhere.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-27 13:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love it if there were an Endgame forum section for Adoulin stuff. With WKR, Delve, Skirmish, Incursion, Vagary, and Missions, Adoulin content is a major part of the game, it's kinda sloppy to have threads for them littered all over the General FFXI section and other areas. Also, it's been like 2 years since Adoulin came out, get with the times.
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
Server: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-05-27 13:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think scragg has idea of ffxivpro.com side to change it but im unsure, ill ask him about it.

Im guessing the list is what is on the app, ill see if theres a export way to give list.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-27 13:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we have a setting for bazaar list items so when we sort them by say price or last seen they would stay sorted by that when we refresh the page? Or at least change the default sort method from highest on the top to lowest?
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-27 13:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of updating the browse lists, how about adding iLevel information to level 99+ gear.

So if you browse for Weapons > Daggers (for example) and you sort the list by level, iLevel items show up as "99 (113)", etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-27 14:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

iLevel, and in the same vein, Su1/Su2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-27 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Would it be possible to show us that list Aelius was talking about? At least that way we know what is already being considered and what isn't.

I'll ask Scragg if I can.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 26 27 28