[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-12 23:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering if there were ways we could apply certain descriptors to bazaar/wanted items, like "price negotiable" or "willing to transfer servers"?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-12 23:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The XIVPro side lets you do that. I'll port it to XIAH.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 07:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Rooks said: »
How hard would it be to be able to sort images by rating here? To be able to somehow see all the amazing artwork that has come and gone over the years. Or maybe a top 50/100/200 rated images list would be adequate, is this doable guys? Much appreciated because right now thinking back to some of the stunning stuff I've come across here I have no way to find it again unless I memorized every user name -_-
Put this in the suggestions thread, I guess. I make no promises on speed, given how much else I have to do, and this is not a super trivial task. The mechanics of it are easy, but laying out the pages in a way that isn't terrible, etc, is. My already scarce free time just got even MORE limited because of GW, so this is probably pretty unlikely, but put it in the suggestion thread so all this stuff's in one place. If you get a bunch of +1s on it I might bump it up in priority.
I don't think it'll be a popular suggestion so I don't expect expediency. I just really miss all of the stunning artwork that comes through here and have no way of finding it all aside from sorting through 70,000+ images myself.

Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
click here has some sort of that, no idea about expanding it tho
I bet it's easily doable even if you just expanded that page Roark linked to to include 100 images instead of 10 or let it page through every image slowly going down the list of ratings

I'm in agreement, the screenshot section could use some improvement, I've seen some great ones over the years that would be near impossible to find without sifting through everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-13 14:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to add an option to hide certain things on the left side menu? Or make it a dropdown menu from Browse to Windower like the right side one?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-19 12:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Would it be possible to add an option to hide certain things on the left side menu? Or make it a dropdown menu from Browse to Windower like the right side one?

To what end? It's not a "no", I just don't know what your goal is. I don't really want to make it a drop down, because I hate the way the members menu works (and might make that static just because I hate it that much).
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2015-10-27 19:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea if it was asked before, this thread is huge. When we log into our account would it be possible for the page to automatically update to our server that the character is on? I know its easy to just click the drop down, just thought I would ask. thank you.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-10-28 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Need another title here
Penta-Prism Glamour Doll
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-04 15:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

These threads popping up was one of the reasons I suggested the descriptors for price negotiation and willingness to transfer servers. I agree that they're a little annoying, but there's no other way to actively advertise these items.

Perhaps a way to notify players that items on their wanted list are for sale? I imagine it would work best with a "notify me if this is available" feature. Alternatively, if we could create stickied threads in either Servers and/or Crafts that act as a main discussion area for crafters to post/update that they have new items for sale, and for everyone to discuss transactions. It's probably too much to ask for, but I think it would be ideal if the first post in such a thread was somehow displaying services and items crafters have available that they can personally update somehow.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-04 16:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Attention whoring the main page isn't excusable by "no other way to actively advertise" IMO.
You sound like you need a kitten.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-04 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I agree that they're a little annoying, but there's no other way to actively advertise these items.

That is why when people go to the page for the item they can see the people who want it and people who are selling it.

There is shouting on their own server and literally bazaaring them.

Attention whoring the main page isn't excusable by "no other way to actively advertise" IMO.

The proposed section would still accomplish this task just not on the front page like a Maple Story bazaar.
Bearing in mind that buying/selling items is one of the primary purposes of this site, there's nothing wrong with it other than the fact that it's sloppy. Making its own section just shifts those threads from one place to another and gives them less of the exposure they genuinely deserve. From the buyer perspective, currently your options are to list an item as "wanted" or in Shopping List and then continuously check the item's availability (which is dependent on Guildwork, right?) frequently, or make a post in a relevant thread mentioning you want it. For sellers, it's just putting it out there and hope someone notices, or post about it.

I don't know how time consuming things of these nature can be to develop, but I'd imagine a tab that users could edit "for sale" items and services. These items/prices could then be referenced in a post or node, perhaps in two threads, one for all crafters on a server, and one for each craft, both in their respective sections. This way, a player could decide to check say, Alchemy for Carmine or Almaric specifically, or Asura for everything Voodoo on Asura. This would also reduce the clutter of having 10 threads "Selling Voodoo Crap" be bumped every day, as the posters would use these specific threads instead.

I suppose that's hardly a perfect system as well, but I'm nearing the point of just making and maintaining a "Sylph Crafter's Market" thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 17:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely disagree. Transactions are the main feature of this website, period.

The want/bazaar feature isn't perfect. Namely people who might sell might not care to check who wants something until asked or someone could possess an item but doesn't put it up for sale cause doesn't think it's worth it but then someone makes an offer and this changes their mind.

It's alright to make threads for this. Actually, it's the only thing we should have threads for to begin with. This is a FFXI forum, the rest is bonus.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 18:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, the rest is bonus.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-11-09 04:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

About the Twitch section (which is already awesome):

Would it be possible to implement a section on the front page displaying all current featured streamers in real time (with current number of viewers).

If it can help, Teamliquid.net (starcraft 2) & http://www.liquidhearth.com (hearthstone) have that.

I'm sure it would help streamers to get a lot more viewers, if it's doable in the first place of course.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-01 00:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be off-topic, but I didn't want to make a new thread for a small little thing.

How are the front-page auction prices calculated? A lot of them are wildly off. I thought it was an average of prices over a long period of time, but I'm not sure. If it is the case, I think it would be more useful to prioritize recent prices -- maybe a weighted average using higher weights for more recent transactions?

The same question for the median pricing on each items' pages. What interval is used for creating the median price? If it's transaction based instead of time-based, the number of elements used is longer than the current number of transactions listed on the page. I get that a price spike shouldn't alter the calculated representative price -too- much, but considering prices that are a month old when there are numerous recent transactions doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if there is a price spike.

A situation where the most recent 10 prices are 1mil but the calculated median price is 10k (in the case of Kaggen's Cuticles and the like when they found use with AF upgrades, for example) doesn't accurately reflect the actual value of the item.

Maybe this is just nitpicking, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-01 00:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In reference to the last post:

Looking at the calculations section for a fairly volatile item, for example, I'm curious how much transaction data is used in these computations. I think the transaction rate should play a factor in the representative prices (currently the median price), maybe something with weighted averages?
By Tanag 2015-12-07 10:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be cool to show off Job Master status on a users profile. It could be as simple as adding a star beside their job like I did here for PLD.

I tried adding the actual 3 star icon they use in game, but it was way too small.

The data is already scraped for the Job Point category. So it could be as simple as if the job is 200/200 give the icon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-12-12 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When one posts something while not logged in, make it possible to keep the text of the post till one is logged in.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-14 14:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you mass move posts from one thread to another? It's probably the easier and most effective way to counter a derail. People won't *** about posts deleted and they can keep arguing about that topic where it belongs.

I don't know how this website is structured, but I suggest this cause I know it's possible on my forum with very little effort(it selects all posts you wanna move -or delete- and chose a destination); apologize if it's not doable here.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-14 15:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Can you mass move posts from one thread to another? It's probably the easier and most effective way to counter a derail. People won't *** about posts deleted and they can keep arguing about that topic where it belongs.

I don't know how this website is structured, but I suggest this cause I know it's possible on my forum with very little effort(it selects all posts you wanna move -or delete- and chose a destination); apologize if it's not doable here.
Currently, we don't have the capability but it's be nice if we did.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-14 15:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanag said: »
I think it would be cool to show off Job Master status on a users profile. It could be as simple as adding a star beside their job like I did here for PLD.

I tried adding the actual 3 star icon they use in game, but it was way too small.

The data is already scraped for the Job Point category. So it could be as simple as if the job is 200/200 give the icon.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love thisssssssss. That would be super easy to implement in theory too.

Roookssssss. I've never asked you for anything yet. :3
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-18 05:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one: being able to undo a + or - in comments(profiles, screenshots, etc) like we can do with posts. Sometimes it happens to hit one by mistake.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-12-18 06:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
Tanag said: »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love thisssssssss. That would be super easy to implement in theory too.

Roookssssss. I've never asked you for anything yet. :3

Could always change the job name to gold instead of adding a star, would be easier.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-12-18 20:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you add a small (optional) comment feature for reporting?
Would make it easier for mods to spot the rule-breaking sentence(s) in a long post if we could point it out to them.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-18 20:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Could you add a small (optional) comment feature for reporting?
Would make it easier for mods to spot the rule-breaking sentence(s) in a long post if we could point it out to them.

There actually used to be one, I don't remember why it was removed when Rooks reworked the reporting feature.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28