[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-27 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking back at some posts on the night I became a mod, it seems like communication is a big key.

Perhaps us as mods could create a topic and update it weekly with things that have happened throughout the week and possible upcoming things?

Obviously we can't say anything for updates or anything code related since we don't have those abilities, but we can at least update what us as mods are trying to do to improve the site to the best of our abilities.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 14:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Looking back at some posts on the night I became a mod, it seems like communication is a big key.

Perhaps us as mods could create a topic and update it weekly with things that have happened throughout the week and possible upcoming things?

Obviously we can't say anything for updates or anything code related since we don't have those abilities, but we can at least update what us as mods are trying to do to improve the site to the best of our abilities.
This is a brilliant idea.

Not much hope expected because it requires *all* of the mods to participate and be kept up to date. As well as communicating between each other. (So far, no one mod knows wtf the other is doing, they just back each other up 100% without question)
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-05-27 14:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true. We talk together through google chat system. If one leaves out what they have done, then we are lost.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If that were even remotely true... then why is there such a huge disconnect between what one mod is doing, and every other mod has no *** clue what's going on, and has to "investigate" when they should all be in the loop?
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-05-27 14:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill answer in pm
By Bloodrose 2015-05-27 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prefer it answered here, so everyone can see some transparency.

There shouldn't be a need to hide this kind of answer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-05-27 14:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

To avoid any drama, accusations, etc. And not turn this thread into a derail from suggestions. I prefer to answer in pm and if another wants to know, just pm me
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-27 14:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say...at least make sure the problem doesn't stem from within your ranks. What I mean is I've seen first hand mods lie and bs each other, and this ends up having repercussions on the users.
I don't expect the mods to always agree as they're individuals, but at least be coherent and not lie or play some kind of Game of Thrones behind the scenes with one another.

This I believe is actually more important than who bones who.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 15:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Another suggestion: Let the user decide if they want to see FFXI and FFXIV related posts in either FFXIAH or FFXIVPro, or both.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-27 15:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Another suggestion: Let the user decide if they want to see FFXI and FFXIV related posts in either FFXIAH or FFXIVPro, or both.

In that vein, there's actually a lot of things that should be turned into settings.
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-27 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Members Menu: Player Sets ... what is it?

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
"Browse", "xNM", and recipes are all wildly under-populated/out of date.
just mentioning again since would be awesome.

Also, the NPC section for a lot of items are broken. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/4509/distilled-water

Like assaults, a Coalitions tab for characters to check off which ones have been done.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-27 17:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pleaseeee fix the members menuuuuu D;!

It drives me crazy that my default character isn't the character set in my members menu, but when I click it it goes to my defaults character. D;<
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-02 15:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/about

Could we get this page updated a lil?

Like, I think it would be nice if we could click the user names that link to their account, or what I'd prefer more, click their names to bring up the PM box. Probably not the old Admin staff, but anyone important today we should have quick access to PM and maybe see if they are online or not.

Being able to click this page, see if an admin / mod is online, and a link to PM them would be really helpful.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 15:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Submitted to Scragg's to-do list. I'm currently adding a number of things to it (mostly XI-related changes) so while I'm in there, if there's things people want added, now's a good time!
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-02 15:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*psst* members menu :O! even tho I'm sure its there like 5 times, with a note of (kali really wants the members menu fixed).
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-02 15:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Submitted to Scragg's to-do list. I'm currently adding a number of things to it (mostly XI-related changes) so while I'm in there, if there's things people want added, now's a good time!
In addition to Kali's suggestion, it'd be much easier for Scragg to keep the About page up to date if he'd set it to add moderators there similar to how it does in the Admin index.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-02 15:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i just noticed

Matthew Scragg
Founder, Lead Web Developer (Hanging on)

awww poor Scragg D; lol
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 15:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
*psst* members menu :O! even tho I'm sure its there like 5 times, with a note of (kali really wants the members menu fixed).

So, there's a bunch of different tasks revolving around the members menu and default accounts; what's the exact change you're interested in? I want to make sure it's in there correctly and give Scragg a clean writeup so he knows exactly what needs fixed.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-02 15:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My main issue, is my default account is my main account, Kalila, not my FFXI / XIV characters. However, the members menu shows my caitsith account avatar, but when I click it I get directed to my default account, Kalila.

When I try to open my Inbox, it opens up my caitsith account, when I want it to open up my default account, my site account, Kalila, not my characters account.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-02 15:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, I think it would be nice if we could click the user names that link to their account, or what I'd prefer more, click their names to bring up the PM box. Probably not the old Admin staff, but anyone important today we should have quick access to PM and maybe see if they are online or not.

Being able to click this page, see if an admin / mod is online, and a link to PM them would be really helpful.
This is kinda what I was thinking:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ticket filed.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 15:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My main issue, is my default account is my main account, Kalila, not my FFXI / XIV characters. However, the members menu shows my caitsith account avatar, but when I click it I get directed to my default account, Kalila.

When I try to open my Inbox, it opens up my caitsith account, when I want it to open up my default account, my site account, Kalila, not my characters account.

Found the existing ticket, clarified it, and added your post.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-02 16:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
or even a personal website link
Quicker and easier. Instead of adding a bunch of things just make a "contacts" field and let people put as many as they desire.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 16:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
1. This page has been under maintenance since its inception.
http://www.ffxiah.com/members/comments
I would really appreciate the object ID's being turned into their respective URLs, right now you need to partake in a round-a-bout way to access the image pages directly.

2. This page is similar to above only has a lot of glitches like fields left blank or not filled out or defaulted to zero. This has only gotten worse in the last ~4 years or so, it used to be a bit better like the above page.
http://www.ffxiah.com/members/screenshots

3. Would be great to expand social links given with YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook, SE official forums, BG, tumblr, deviantart, snapchat, blogspot, Vine, Pinterest, or even a personal website link etc

4. The recipes are currently seemingly randomly sorted on each item's page. But having the recipe that directly creates the item in a normal synthesis should always go on top, to encourage people to use us as a reference guide.

I shouldn't have to open the darksteel ingot page as a new crafter and have to sift through 10 recipes or de synths of armour just to find out how to make it etc

1, 2, and 4 filed as tickets. There's already a bunch of tasks around social links so I left that as it was, since Scragg clearly has some kind of plan for it.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-02 16:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can you file me a ticket for japan?
c:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, for the sake of transparency, here are the tickets I filed myself:

- Merit point caps/categories are out of date
- Job point categories are out of date
- xNM information is out of date
- Assault/Campaign/Conquest information is mostly irrelevant, could be replaced with plasm/sparks
- Ergon weapons should be added to character profiles/achievements
- iLevel/Su/Su2 should be displayed/sortable
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
can you file me a ticket for japan?
c:

I can not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 17:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They're functionally mythics from SE's perspective, so my guess is they match that.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28