[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 03:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is open for discussion, feel free to post any ideas you may have
and I'll add them to my 2nd post reserved for other member ideas!

I'm writing this up for no particular reasons other than what I think would enhance the site further and make it more enjoyable for everyone. These ideas are open for discussion and modification if you feel something isn't quite right or you disagree with something. Also if you have a good idea that would benefit this topic please feel free to post your idea or PM me and I'll add it to the main post.

BBCode
I love using BBCode, I use it extensively for all my news postings and I feel like it is a very easy way to make posts a bit more personalized and interesting.

My first suggestion is to remove the moderator+ restriction for heading BBCode.
Code
[h1]Heading1[/h1]
[h2]Heading2[/h2]
[h3]Heading3[/h3]

Heading1
Heading2
Heading3

I don't see any reason for users not to use these, it's a very quick tag to type out instead of typing out: {span style="font: 22px Verdana;"} / {span style="font: 18px Verdana;"} / {span style="font: 16px Verdana;"}. I feel like there wouldn't be very much abuse of the tag, although...

Joking aside I think it would be a very valuable tag for members. I've also noticed more guides being created by the community and having heading tags would help enhance them further.

I would like to request that our spoiler tag limit be increased to 10 tags per post. It is very rare that people run into this issue, but I think 10 is still a reasonable amount. I also think it would be nice if we could personalize the label inside the spoiler tag. For example:

Code
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Your basic spoiler, nothing special.

Code
[spoiler="Click here Anye!"][/spoiler]

Code
[spoiler="Chuuuuu click me! <3" align="center"][/spoiler]

Code
[spoiler="Urial stay away, it's dangerous!" align="right"][/spoiler]

Code
[spoiler="Click here Anye!" color:"#00AA00"][/spoiler]

I can only think of one other thing that I would like to see our spoilers able to do.

It doesn't work, but I would like it if I clicked on the link and the spoiler opened up. Maybe set an ID for the spoiler then have the URL link to it?

Code
[spoiler id="1"][/spoiler] [url="spoiler#1]Text[/url]

If that makes any sense, anyways I'm out of ideas for spoilers, unless it would be possible to make a vertical spoiler that opens up to the right, but I'm sure that's not possible D:

I would like to see some additions and fixes to the BBCode Buttons above the reply text area to make it more convenient for members to use BBCode without remembering/typing the code manually while also providing some unique tags that rarely, if ever, get used.

Current Setup

Modified Setup

The two adjustments to the design are obvious, the color palette and the video player selection. For the color palette I chose to stick with the 16 standard web colors: black, gray/grey, silver, white, maroon, red, purple, fuchsia, green, lime, olive, yellow, navy, blue, teal, and aqua (gray/grey counting as 1, but both are valid names for BBCode). For the video player selection I just listed the players Scragg listed in this thread, which are YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo, IGN, and Liveleak. The rest of the bar is unchanged for the most part except for some spacing, the first bar I wrote in BBCode so that's why it's shorter than the real one. The border around the palette selector and the YouTube icon wouldn't be there until you click the ▼ arrow, making the list drop down.

Didn't know there were other video players?I have some more points to discuss with the BBCode bar but I think they would be better addressed in the next section.

Update: Demetreos reminded me of something I meant to add to this post, and I think it would be a great addition to the media players we have atm!

Quote:
Siren.Demetreos said: »
I'd quite like to see Soundcloud player support added, it's very simple to do from what I gather. I messaged another nameless staff member about it recently and they were nice enough to give me no reply whatsover, so I'm gonna throw it out there again.

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2009/07/28/soundcloud-player-in-forums-5-step-guide-for-soundcloud-bb-code/
Siren.Kalilla said: »
That is a very good idea Demetreos. I know exactly what you are talking about and I think it would be a nice addition.

[audio]url[/audio]
Error displaying SoundCloud!

Very cool idea, adding it to my main post as well as the user page. Love it!

Lists are a great way to bring structure, organization, separation, add logic, and offer meaning to the listed item content while also bringing a touch of style to dress it up.

Lists that currently work:
Code
[ul][li]Unordered Lists[/ul]
  • Unordered Lists

Code
[ol][li]Ordered Lists[/ol]
  1. Ordered Lists

Lists that currently don't work:

1. Letters list

1. Lowercase letters list

1. Roman numbers list

1. Lowercase Roman numbers list

[dl]
[dt]Definition List[/dt]
[dd]Definition List Discription[/dd]
[/dl]
  • Circle bullets list

• Square bullets list

Aside from the Definition List, I have needed to use the above at one time or another and just substituted the unordered/ordered in. I've also had to change the bullet into an image once or twice before, an just managed with tables. Wasn't any big deal, but would be nice if this worked:

Code
[ul style="list-style-image: url"][li][/ul]

or

[ul][li style="list-style-image: url"][/ul]
<!-- so you can set the image for each individual bullet. -->

I'm very curious to know why these don't work, because when I click the BBCode button above the reply text field it says:

"Starting Number" and I type in "1" and hit okay and it gives me this code:

even if I add in the [li] it won't work:

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

1. Ordered List

This last section is more of a miscellaneous section that include small ideas which don't require a whole section of their own.

The only issue I have with images is not being able to set the width and height.

For links I would like to have the option to have them open in new tabs, instead of right clicking them and clicking new tab:
Code
[url target="_blank"]http://www.ffxiah.com[/url]

[url href="http://www.ffxiah.com" target="_blank"]FFXIAH[/url]

The bottom currently won't function as a link, but I think it would be a way to do it.

When trying to color a URL link, it will over power any settings you have for the text color.

At the moment the only way that I've found to color a link is to do this:

Code
[url=http://www.ffxiah.com style='color:#6600FF'][b][s]FFXIAH Home Page[/s][/b][/url]
FFXIAH Home Page

I also have an issue with the red line too, but that's the next mini-section.

Code
[url=http://www.ffxiah.com][span style="color:#6600FF"][b]http://www.ffxiah.com[/b][/span][/url][/s]

http://www.ffxiah.com

This is because URLs are activated automatically. It really isn't an issue though, just thought I'd cover it. If there was a way to override the automated settings with a tag it would be nice, but completely unnecessary as it is just an extremely minor issue.

When coloring a hyperlink the mouse-over hover color does not change as well and remains red.

Example:

FFXIAH

FFXIAH

If there was some way to change the hover color with just BBCode that would be nice, I feel that there isn't though.

I was planning this to to be my next mini-section but strangely enough it just happened to me again in the last code tag. This section is for the code tag when using Google Chrome.

There is just one issue I have with it, and that is the bottom scroll bar:

Code
[url=http://www.ffxiah.com][span style="color:#6600FF"][b]http://www.ffxiah.com[/b][/span][/url]

I'm reusing the one above because it's perfect for this example. When the text is just long enough that it doesn't word wrap but triggers the bar the scroll bar at the bottom covers everything up preventing you from reading anything.

This only happens in Google Chrome; Firefox / Internet Explorer / Opera / Safari are all fine and work properly.

I wish to request for a unique tag that disables BBCode until the tag is closed, just like when you use the code tags basically except not in the code display.

I wish to request for four unique tags to cut down on the use of span tags.

First would be a color tag:

Blue!
Blue!
Blue!

Would make:
Blue!
Second would be a highlight tag:

Yellow!
Yellow!
Yellow!

Would make:Yellow!
Third would be a size tag:

Text Size

Would make: Text Size
Fourth would be a font tag:

Font Family

Would make: Font Family

My final BBCode suggestion, strike-through.

Almost all of us do it from time to time, type an area in game ending with and then... well you see!

I would like to suggest that the Strike-through tag changed to [st] instead. I think that's fair, and now that we have the button up above it shouldn't be an issue! I think it would help a lot, this forum is for FFXI and FFXIV, so I think we have to adjust with the games as well.

Whew, that was a long chapter @.@;

Forum & Website Adjustments
If you use this site there is a very good chance you've used the forums at one point (if you're reading this, which you are, then you do :P). I would like to suggest some tweaks, fixes, and additions to make the process easier.

When creating a topic, you run into the possibility of messing up your title. You could choose to change it, but to do this you have to get in touch with a moderator to fix it for you. I would like to suggest that we lift this restriction.

It would still be restricted, but the only members who would have the authority of changing a title would be the original poster, moderators, and administrators. I only say this because I make many topics a week and occasionally I misspell something, decide I don't like how I worded it later on, or I have to update the title because of something SE changed/added. I feel like I sometimes burden moderators with my requests at times (don't you deny it Anye!) and would like to have the freedom to do it myself without asking for their assistance.

I would like to see our PM system posts work a bit more like posts made in the forum would look. If you ever make a table with borders in a PM the borders are extremely thick no matter what setting you use, and also if you post pictures in a PM they aren't shrunk down and are shown at their full size. Other than that there really isn't that much wrong with it and works well enough for what it's meant to do.

If our posts get deleted by a moderator/admin I would like to see the name of the moderator/admin in the post.

Instead of getting this:

Post removed by moderator.

I would like to see something like this:

Post removed by Anye.

Where when you click on the name it would open up the PM message box in case you want to ask why it was removed. The name would also be colored to be if they are a moderator (#00AA00) or admin (#CC0000). It could also be a prefilled message with an already written up title and description of the PM and you just have to verify to send or not. You could also skip this step all together and have the moderators select an option from a predefined list of reasons why a post would be deleted (example: Excessive Profanity) and it would look like this:

Post removed by Anye.

Reason: Excessive Profanity

This way the user would know exactly the reason right at that moment, and could save a few PM's in a day the moderator might have to respond to from the result of the deletion.

Update: Anye suggested that it might be better if the moderator's name isn't included. I'm okay with that, I think a reason for why a post was deleted would still be very nice. Just like how members click the report link and a list of options comes up, when a moderator deletes a post I would like to see something similar to that as well, and possibly have an option "Other" at the bottom for rare cases.

I would like to see private screenshots to be added, and I've posted this idea before here.

Suggestion: Private Screenshots

During screenshot submission we have options to disable ratings, or disable comments. Why not add one that makes them private.

Private screenshots would make screenshots bypass the front page and only show on the player page. This would create less clutter, the stuff that pisses people off and go on [-] rages and insulting the people for submitting such a useless screenshot. We don't need that in the community, the name calling and what not. It can be cut down a bit if we enable an option to just keep it to our player page, and not on the front page. We could still enable ratings and comments, but the reason for the submission wasn't for views, but simply for their player page...

...If they want to post for their player page but don't want it on the front page they should be able to without having players comment on why they submitted it. Plus giving the option for screenshots to only be viewed on your player page and not the front page means that people will be more willing to post them for their page. This means that there will be a larger, more friendly, community and if someone really wanted to talk bad about a screenshot they have to take the effort of finding said persons player page and comment there. I see way too many screenshots of people saying something bad about the user because of the content of the screenshot and get 50 likes because people thought it was stupid as well.

If it is just on their player page and not flooding the front page then why does it matter if they post said screenshot? It wouldn't receive such nasty comments and people wouldn't have second thoughts as to whether they should post this or not because it wouldn't be approved by everyone and would get tarnished. It might of been a personal achievement for them but not by the community. Do they really need to get called out saying it's not an achievement and they are stupid for thinking so? If they want others to judge they can post publicly, but if they want to post privately then why shouldn't they be able to? So what if you can disable comments and ratings, it still gets posted on the front page. What stops others from making fun of them/harassing them on their player page as well (I see it with almost every screenshot deemed worthless by the community)? You can delete comments you don't want to see but why does it have to come to that?

This isn't very long, but I would like to squeeze in this idea. I would like to see Poll's added to this site at some point, either the OP creates it or it could be made for individual posts. I think it would be a great way to give our opinion on something without writing up a post about it for something that might of been said 20 times already yet people can still give their input on it.

Please consider it, I can think of a hundred ways I'd like to use it already XD (okay not 100, but you get my point .-.)

FFXIAH is partnered up with Windower and Guildwork, and for this section I would like to focus on the relationship between this site and Windower.

Recently the Windower staff has started to post more often on these forums to get out important news updates, information on their side, and assisting members of this site, and I think it would be a great opportunity to make a brand new section just for Windower.

Windower
General
Anything NOT support related.
News
Important Windower news and plugin updates.
Support
Support related to Windower, plugins, and windower programs. Not Spellcast!
Spellcast Scripting Support
Warrior  Monk  White Mage  Black Mage  Red Mage  Thief  Paladin  Dark Knight  Beast Master  Bard  Ranger  Samurai  Ninja  Dragoon  Summoner  Blue Mage  Corsair  Puppet Master  Scholar  Dancer  Other

I believe this would help members of this site a great deal. This site has a much larger population and getting help here would probably be faster than posting on the windower site, although their site would get the more advanced help I believe. I still believe it would benefit this site greatly, and it's members.

Hyshio from Windower said: »
The Windower stuff would be a God send for me to keep track of any errors beyond our own forums.

Also, I would like to see Legion added to the Endgame section as well please.

Finally I would like to touch up on Guildwork now and finish off my post. The relationship between FFXIAH and Guildwork is much stronger compared to Windower. Many of the features for this site have been enhanced because of Guildwork, and I would like to suggest a unique idea that I think will bring both sites together even more.

I think it would be nice to have an instant chat feature just like the one Stanislav made over at guildwork, but I would like to add a small twist to it. The small widget would hover at the bottom right corner of your screen just like the sticky menu and members menu do.

By paying premium over at guildwork you'll be able to talk to members here at FFXIAH while also talking to members over at guildwork without having to leave FFXIAH to do it. This would join the friends of both sites together so you'll be able to use whichever site you wish to use without separating contact from them. Could possibly have [GW] or [AH] before the members name, or just keep the bar to separate the two which I think looks better.

This would also enhance our status system, giving us now 3 different status: Online, Idle, Offline. You would no longer mistake someone on your friendlist for being online when they are idle/afk. You could also set a status to be invisible so you can use FFXIAH without being bothered/noticed. Invisible status does not stay on after logging out, you'll have to re-enable it after logging in. You could have a setting/check-box to enable invisible status before signing in for convenience. The messenger would override the status on the site, syncing them both together.

This would work basically like the Meebo service you see on some gaming sites but would work kinda like this:

Even if you log into the FFXIAH site, you'll have to sign in with your guildwork information. If you are a premium member it will show who is online for both sites instead of just FFXIAH (and vise versa on GW's end).

I would like to see a button on our forum posts, possibly by our names, so people can click it and talk to them without being on their friendlist. This would also give moderators a faster more noticeable way to contact members in case they need to be contacted. Anything official with the website that you need to have PM records of you should use the PM system for that, but for general chat I think it would be nice.

This won't replace the PM system, but if you're using a computer it would be much faster for small chitchat. I also believe it will benefit Guildwork very much and would encourage members that use both sites to upgrade to Premium so they can talk to friends between both sites.

I've written up quite a bit in this post, and think I'm at a stopping point. If you think something needs corrected or added feel free to post or PM me. Thank you for taking the time to read this (if you didn't just skip to the end :P)!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 03:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Other Member Ideas:
Valefor.Houppelande said: »
Speaking of things to enhance this website could we please get a "Periapt and Atmacite Tab tracker" just like for abyssea.

Sorry not trying to derail
Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
To add to the "Post removed by Anye" part.. And it's something I've suggested before, when a topic is locked, remove the reply box all together...

...Also, one that recently occurred to me, if you're topic banned from the thread, then the box should also be gone.

They both just seem like features that should be a given, but this forum lacks.
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
A sage(post without bumping the thread) option may be nice, but I dont know how practical/easy that is to add. Possibly for things like gear debates that only the end result interests most people.
Anonymous said:
I don't really like to post, but here's an idea.

Unless I'm doing it wrong or didn't see how... It would be nice on the forum search function to sort by date. It's annoying to look for gear/merit info and sort through suggestions from years ago that are no longer relevant.
Hyshio from Windower said: »
The Windower stuff would be a God send for me to keep track of any errors beyond our own forums.
Quote:
Siren.Demetreos said: »
I'd quite like to see Soundcloud player support added, it's very simple to do from what I gather. I messaged another nameless staff member about it recently and they were nice enough to give me no reply whatsover, so I'm gonna throw it out there again.

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2009/07/28/soundcloud-player-in-forums-5-step-guide-for-soundcloud-bb-code/
That is a very good idea Demetreos. I know exactly what you are talking about and I think it would be a nice addition.

[audio]url[/audio]
Error displaying SoundCloud!

Very cool idea, adding it to my main post as well as the user page. Love it!

[/quote]
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
In regards to the negative ratings, I too wouldn't like to see that any longer, but instead you should be given the option to remove your [+], especially people who browse on their phones. That way you don't accidentally [+] a post on something you didn't want to.
Leviathan.Alamond said: »
This is coming from someone who doesn't even know how to post a picture on this website, so if this doesn't belong in this thread feel free to ignore it.
I like the AH part of this site for crafting (recipe cost analyses, rate of sale, etc.). But for those items that are used in a bazillion recipes, sorting through them is frustrating. Can they be cleaned up such that base items in one place, synths below them, desynths in another column, or whatever works?
I personally would like to have a way to add recipes to the site, there are a lot missing and it just feels empty on some pages.
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
profanity filter switch, please! I'm stuck seeing **** everywhere :(
Adding Galvaya's idea to this topic:

When a topic reaches 20 pages or more the topic becomes a hot topic and the title will change from the default black font to a noticeable orange.

Example:

Pics that make you LOL
Pics that make you LOL <-just plain orange

Here are some other orange variations:

LightSalmonPics that make you LOL
CoralPics that make you LOL
TomatoPics that make you LOL
OrangeRedPics that make you LOL
DarkOrangePics that make you LOL
OrangePics that make you LOL
#CC7000Pics that make you LOL
#E67E00Pics that make you LOL
#FF8C00Pics that make you LOL
#FF9819Pics that make you LOL
#FFA333Pics that make you LOL
#CC8400Pics that make you LOL
#E69400Pics that make you LOL
#FFA500Pics that make you LOL
#FFAE19Pics that make you LOL
#FFB733Pics that make you LOL

I think the Orange or Dark Orange would work the best, anything above that becomes too red in my opinion.

Lakshmi.Galvaya said: »
I think this will make it easier to spot common threads from mobile devices, and peak a curiosity on popular topics to people who normally wouldn't be interested in a thread, but might be curious because of its contents because of the high traffic.

Orange or another bold color would be great.

Thoughts?

If anyone else has color ideas list them here or in Galvaya's Topic, I'll make sure to keep track of both pages so don't worry.
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Related to database item search : Is it possible to implement OR logic or AND logic search on the description?

For example: I want to find DEX and INT gear. Is it possible to list all the DEX+ gear and INT+ gear at the same time? Or even limited with just DEX+ and INT+ gear only?

I will find this feature will be very helpful for me.
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Idk if its been said already, but something on someones page where you can look for threads they started. For example if im looking one that Kal started but you post so much it could be on like page 30 of your xiah forum page. Or even if it was mod threads onry.
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
It's probably been said but...

Mobile version.

Mobile version.

Mobile version.
Sylph.Kawar said: »
i think we need a virus removal sticky in the Tech Support Forum so that when people have problems with virus on there computer we can have the questions/problem topics moved to the tech support forum then we can help them there or use the url from the sticky to bring them to the sticky in the tech forum.

like i just said to a mod,the virus removal sticky can even be done by one of the normal people in this forum if someone wants 2.

edit

the only things that are important about this idea are
1: the topic needs to be updated,this can mean any of the following
removing info from the topic adding new info in its place keeping it updated,or even after so much time all together work on making a new one then replace it in the spot of the old one.

edit

please if anyone has any ideas to help make this better say it here,also if the idea helps i will add it to this post the more info and the more brain power we put in to this idea the more likely it will get done/see the light of day.

edit

i have a second forum tweak,it is not so much on the forum but in the report system,keep in mind this is just a idea,i have seen on some other sites that in there report system they have a misplaced thread option,like u can report a thread as that and it will then give a notice to the admins/mods or anyone that has the right level of power like it all ready dose with any other report then the team or someone working/acting for the team aka a mod will pick where the best new home for the topic to be moved 2 is.

ground rules for this should be,again like it is up to the one who handles the report they say if it should be moved to what ever forum or sub forum or stay where it is.

but people who report a topic that is not misplaced and is in the right forum could get for example a warning or something like that for abusing the the system if they do.

this is fully up to the staff of this site but u can make it that a misplaced thread is likely not a rule breaker when someone gets reported 4 that,again like i said before really the only time this would break a rule i think is if someone abused the report system.
Asura.Fattrav said: »
I am having an issue of tracking linkshell member's/mule's progression in Voidwatch. Much like the atma/abyssite/assaults tabs, could you add a tab so players can check off the battles they have completed in Voidwatch?

Respectfully, Travis
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-02-25 04:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some great ideas in there. I particularly like the one about sceen shots on player page only. It is a bit out of hand how many player bashers are out there. What one person considers and achievement, another person doesn't.

Polls would be a nice touch. If an idea gets put out there and theres 20 pages to review, thats a lot of work. I'm not sure if SE view this site like they did with FFXIah forums but polls with realistic options would help people to agree/disagree quickly without feeling lost in the arguments that can go back and forth.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2012-02-25 04:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of things to enhance this website could we please get a "Periapt and Atmacite Tab tracker" just like for abyssea.

[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-25 04:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to the "Post removed by Anye" part.. And it's something I've suggested before, when a topic is locked, remove the reply box all together.. Hasn't happened in awhile now, but there have been quite a few times I clicked on a thread, and typed up a lengthy reply, but still something level headed and having to do with the subject itself, and hit post only to get 'This topic is locked!'. It's very frustrating to have that happen. I don't do it, but it makes me want to go to like random thoughts or something and post my reply there, just so all that time and thought didn't go to waste.

I don't expect the second the topic is locked the box disappears, because when things get heated a topic can be locked in between even your reading a response and a typing up a paragraph or two, but some of these times the last post was 30 minutes or more, if this was implemented, I wouldn't have to rely on a mod saying the topic is locked before they lock it (they don't always do it)..

Also, one that recently occurred to me, if you're topic banned from the thread, then the box should also be gone.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 04:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said: »

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
To add to the "Post removed by Anye" part.. And it's something I've suggested before, when a topic is locked, remove the reply box all together...

...Also, one that recently occurred to me, if you're topic banned from the thread, then the box should also be gone.

Added it to my reserved post :)
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-25 07:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A sage(post without bumping the thread) option may be nice, but I dont know how practical/easy that is to add. Possibly for things like gear debates that only the end result interests most people.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-02-25 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You really need to cut back on all that profanity, Kalilla. Then Anye wouldn't have to nuke so many of your posts. ;_;

Great ideas, but I do think every bit of Scragg's free time from now until the end of the year is now going to be claimed. ^_- /comfort Scragg

(Although maybe his child is old enough to type code now, too...!) :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2012-02-25 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hyshio said: »
I bet, I tried to keep it simple but as close to the selection on your forums as I could.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
You really need to cut back on all that profanity, Kalilla. Then Anye wouldn't have to nuke so many of your posts. ;_;
lol :)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-25 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of awesome stuff dealing with code

just made me realize how much of a novice I am with web coding...

awesome ideas though :D
By Latifah 2012-02-25 15:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

allow signatures
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 15:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »
a lot of awesome stuff dealing with code

just made me realize how much of a novice I am with web coding...

awesome ideas though :D
I'm a novice myself, I just delved into it for fun and I find BBCode to be pretty simple to learn once I use something a few times. Plus it makes my news postings look sweet :3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 15:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
allow signatures

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signatures!
• ˚❆˛•˚ * 。❉ ˚ ˚ ˛❈˛ • ❄
• ˚Happy★* 。 • ❇ ˚ ˛❉˛*
❅✧Holidays!✲ 。* • ˚。 ❆
° ❉ ° ˛*˛❅ _Π_____*。*˚❈
˚ ˛❆˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛•˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚❄
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-25 15:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But really, I don't think we should have signatures myself. I think it would take away from the simplicity of the site, and that is something I love about it. Keeps things very clean and neat.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-25 16:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
[spoiler="Click here Anye!"][/spoiler]
:D <33333333

I'll pass this along to Scragg~ He sounds busy, but it wouldn't hurt to let him know^^
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-02-25 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we sticky this thread btw? <3
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-25 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hyshio said: »
I bet, I tried to keep it simple but as close to the selection on your forums as I could.

Kalillia, just giving this man his own Thread for this site, would be good, that way, Hysh would just link his stuff here, and would be a nice too. Sorta like a gateway.. a doorway to his portal, that way w.e something new comes up, Hysh psots, we can see it here too!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-25 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Kali's a girl, though. XD Oh wait, I just reread that reply; were you referring to Hyshio, Neon? XD

Artemicion said: »
Sure XD

Also, in response to the whole "Post removed by <moderator name>/Reason: <a reason>", we're actually more in favor of keeping the moderator staff as "collective" as possible, if that makes sense? It gives us a sense of responsibility to keep in mind that our actions affect the title of moderator as a whole, and not let things turn into a "who's your favorite mod because they've deleted less posts" sort of a deal. Not saying that that's the intent, but allowing the names to be revealed poses a threat to our respective reputations, when we really ought to be concerned about the site's safety, first and foremost.

But I appreciate all the suggestions, they're really, REALLY great. :O
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-25 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
^ Kali's a girl, though. XD Oh wait, I just reread that reply; were you referring to Hyshio, Neon? XD

Sure XD

Also, in response to the whole "Post removed by <moderator name>/Reason: <a reason>", we're actually more in favor of keeping the moderator staff as "collective" as possible, if that makes sense? It gives us a sense of responsibility to keep in mind that our actions affect the title of moderator as a whole, and not let things turn into a "who's your favorite mod because they've deleted less posts" sort of a deal. Not saying that that's the intent, but allowing the names to be revealed poses a threat to our respective reputations, when we really ought to be concerned about the site's safety, first and foremost.

don't think the reason would hurt this objective at all, but it would be best to keep who out of the picture. (imo as well).
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-25 16:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know you could do this with spoilers, that's really cool :)

Hey it doesn't say Click here anye! :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-25 16:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure XD

The only problem I've encounter with this approach, is that if I guess the wrong moderator, well they can't do anything about it.

I don't want to go into specifics, but do you know what I mean?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-25 16:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Lmao, XD they were suggestions for BBCode, but they haven't been implemented. You have to have Kali's magic touch to actually make it happen. :3

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The only problem I've encounter with this approach, is that if I guess the wrong moderator, well they can't do anything about it.

If you guess the wrong moderator? Are you talking about PMing them directly?

The best suggestion I can give as to that is to PM the moderator that's currently online, or just eenie-meenie-miney-mo it; we have ways to contact each other, and our actions aren't exactly hidden from each other, either. :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-25 16:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao, XD they were suggestions for BBCode, but they haven't been implemented. You have to have Kali's magic touch to actually make it happen. :3

If you guess the wrong moderator? Are you talking about PMing them directly?
Yes.

Like for instance, I got topic banned, no warning or PMs.

So I asked could the moderator who did that please PM me, in RT thread. (Multiple mods and admins on)

That post deleted, so I PM'd a mod at "random" and they weren't the one.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-25 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because kali's a whm :<

I don't have any solid suggestions yet, I'll come back later :3
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-25 16:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-25 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

So I asked could the moderator who did that please PM me, in RT thread. (Multiple mods and admins on)

It's somewhat hard to address that issue--Preferably, all mod actions should be coupled with letting the user know what's going on via PM, but there have been (and will be) times when, not only does the moderator at hand have too much to deal with at once, but the reason is (subjectively) obvious enough to not warrant a direct PM.

That said, we do need some semblance of consistency, so this suggestion is definitely open to discussion. I'm opting for leaving it to the admins to decide which is best, but everyone is free to contribute their opinions on this matter--but do keep in mind that we're often busy with site- and real-life-related matters.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-25 16:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

It's somewhat hard to address that issue--Preferably, all mod actions should be coupled with letting the user know what's going on via PM, but there have been (and will be) times when, not only does the moderator at hand have too much to deal with at once, but the reason is (subjectively) obvious enough to not warrant a direct PM.

That said, we do need some semblance of consistency, so this suggestion is definitely open to question. I'm opting for leaving it to the admins to decide which is best, but everyone is free to contribute their opinions on this matter--but do keep in mind that we're often busy with site- and real-life-related matters.
Yeah it's probably a moot example really, but nonetheless a good suggestion for the future imo.
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28