Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Save TP adjustment
Save TP adjustment
 Lakshmi.Sonnus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sonnus1
By Lakshmi.Sonnus 2012-02-23 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, after reading adjustments update to Save tp.. is it just me or did they just wreck Miser's Roll for Cor now? Cause as far I understand it, instead of Save TP adding TP on top of whatever we usually get from the WS, it now gives us a flatline base tp. Which... if I read correctly means it'll just give us a 35 tp return max on ws's for an 11 roll.... Thanks SE for wrecking a perfectly good roll :(
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-23 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Miser's will still be great in voidwatch stacked w/ the atmacite, otherwise its junk. And I am pretty sure they said on the official site they have no intention of adjusting Miser's roll.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-23 14:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much worthless. As poster above said it'll only be good when stacked with more save tp, which could very well lead to a closed circle of dds not using that atma anymore since they don't know if they'll be in pt with the cor and the cor won't be giving a full support if not everyone is using it.
Outside of vw is just horrible.
I hope you missed Fighter's/Rogue's cause we're going back to lv 75 rolls.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-23 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Pretty much worthless. As poster above said it'll only be good when stacked with more save tp, which could very well lead to a closed circle of dds not using that atma anymore since they don't know if they'll be in pt with the cor and the cor won't be giving a full support if not everyone is using it. Outside of vw is just horrible. I hope you missed Fighter's/Rogue's cause we're going back to lv 75 rolls.

Chaos/Rogue's with warriors and monks (and ninjas I guess), and then Chaos/Fighter's with everyone else. At least, that's what my brain is coming up with initially.

I can live with it. I don't like it, but I can accept some roll variety.

I think the biggest downside is I've got to sink a metric f*ckton of cruor into atmacites again instead of spending it on making gil. >:(
 Lakshmi.Sonnus
By Lakshmi.Sonnus 2012-02-23 16:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If miser's is trashed now, tactician's is still gonna be a staple among rolls. So looking into to the future I'd see chaos/tact or tact/fighters or tact/rogue's. This update also kind of dumbs down the corsair wildfire spam-ga tactic. :(
By krish 2012-02-23 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee will now have to have two sets of atmacites. One set for when they have a COR and one for when they don't.

What are people liking for non-COR atmacites: Coercion and Persistence?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-23 16:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tactician isn't worth fulltiming other than for cor and rng. Or if for some reason dds are off the mob and need to build tp without meleeing it which might happen but it's not an usual situation.

As for cor personal best rolls I'd say tact/wizard for WF and tact/chaos for LastStand. Or courser over tact, but I think regain is better. It's sad to lose miser's benefits :/.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sonnus
By Lakshmi.Sonnus 2012-02-23 17:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah no matter how we spill it, this is just a sad sad day for corsair. And I really thought they were doing the job quite a lot of justice before :(
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-24 08:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Did ADL last night with Fighter's/Chaos on and it went pretty well. I was actually on Samurai for the fight, so my perception of TP without Miser’s may be a little skewed compared to other heavy DDs, but it really wasn’t that bad. Saw some nice numbers on Shoha with that setup, for sure.