Ranger Or Corsair Wanted More In Voidwatch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Ranger or Corsair wanted more in Voidwatch?
Ranger or Corsair wanted more in Voidwatch?
By Fitali 2012-02-19 23:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to start leveling a ranged attacker for voidwatch. Mages are out so it's down to Ranger or Corsair. Which one would you guys think would have an easier time getting in to voidwatch events?
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-19 23:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm main RNG, and I always go RNG to VW, but COR is much more highly desired. COR is pretty much mandatory (in a good VW group), whereas you can get away with not having a RNG. COR can get most of the marks procs too.

Might as well just level both though. You'll probably have an easier time skilling up marks.
By mortontony1 2012-02-19 23:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What no archery?
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-02-20 17:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely Corsair.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-20 17:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, you will get into events on both jobs if you play them extremely well. Although COR is a more demanding job in VW, there are a couple of times I invite someone's RNG over COR just because his RNG is so good.

If you only want to lv a job because "OOO I have this job, it's good and I'll get invited!", but only lv the job to have it and get into the pt, then after a while you still won't get invited. There are countless times when I made /shout pts I ended up getting shitty WHMs BLMs DDs etc, who told me they have the job and want invite, but doesn't contributing in pt much after they're invited. Next time I just automatically ignore their /tells.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, don't make "easier time to get invited" a factor when you decide what job to level. Instead you should ask "Do I like this job more, will I play better on this job?" You will get invite on RNG(or other VW friendly job such as BLU BLM WHM WAR etc) if your RNG is good.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-20 17:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I like having two CORs and one RNG if I can help it. Personal preference. COR is probably more desirable to pickups though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-20 17:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Two CORs, one for each party with DDs in it, one RNG for procs.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-20 18:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2 CORs and 1 RNG is definitely ideal, but that's my point; you need twice as many CORs as RNGs. In terms of DD power, a well-geared RNG with Last Stand 5/5 can easily match, if not outperform, any other DD. The problem is that the RNG "mentality" or whatever you want to call it is that they are only there for procs, and your typical WARx2 or whatever is your main DD power.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-20 18:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same issue with other DDs that shant me named. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it aside from ingraining ourselves in inner circles and branching out from there to get on the jobs that are baller but not seen as such.