Azdaja wildfire brew a few questions
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Brevalaerr
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Brevalaer
By Ragnarok.Brevalaerr 2012-02-16 05:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i have recentley lvled cor and have got me a bedlam+2 so i can brew Azdaja for my empy shield and i have a few questions:
1)what gear should i be wearing (i dont want to pimp out my cor just be able to get the job done)
2) what atma's should i be useing?
3)realisicly how many Azdaja's will i be able to brew on 1 brew?

ive serched the forums and cant seem to find any definatle answers so all the help i can get will be apreciated much thanks guys
By Quiznor 2012-02-16 05:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1) anything with MAB or AGI or WS damage %+
2) Atma of the Ultimate,Atma of Hell's Guardian and the fire damage + one (cant remember the name,someone else should see this and post it though).If you dont have hell's guardian,beyond is an acceptable substitute.
3) I cant give you a good answer on this one.On COR with aeolian edge I could do 6,sometimes 9 if I really pushed it with 1.But that was AoE.Wildfire is obviously much stronger,even though I had good atmas on,but not AoE so I'm not sure. Azdaja is just a natural ***.

GL
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-16 05:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Either Smolder Sky, or Lone Wolf atma for fire damage.
By Quiznor 2012-02-16 06:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
Either Smolder Sky, or Lone Wolf atma for fire damage.

Smoldering Sky,that was it,ty ^_^
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-16 06:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Brew set is different from normal ws set. You want to focus on fire affinity and ws damage. Therefore smoldering sky, lone wolf and griffon's claw should be the best combo for atma. Vulcan staff as obvious weapon, also ws dmg Anwig Salade if you have it. The rest doesn't really matter much since stats autocap on a brew.
Oh, navarch's bottes+2 would also be optimal since you can buff WF damage even more with a fire shot. But then again I've never brewed this mob so I don't know if it even lasts for enough hits to matter at all.
Edit: allies' roll is the best buff you have for this cause it will pump your darkness skillchain even higher.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-16 06:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Your welcome, i remember when i faught Smok for the first time at 85 cap the soul purpose was to get the atma to up my WildFire damage.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-16 07:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to use all the +MAB gear you can find. AGI gear doesn't help much because, as I recall, brew caps AGI. Went /rdm. Used Ultimate/Lone Wolf/Griffon’s Claw.

Pardon me for not making a gearset in FFXIAH for this, kinda off the cuff here, but my set was something like this:

Vulcan's/fire grip/arma/bullet
Anwig/Genesis/Novio/Hecate's
Mirke/Schutzen/Demon's/Demon's
Forban/Aquiline/Dessultor's/Navarch+2

Didn't have MAB in the hand/feet slots to implement at the time. Was back at 90 cap, so no VW gear of consequence at the time either. Uggalepih is useless w/ brew and it was never a good moon phase for Artemis’.

Anwig is WS%/AGI/MAB, Mirke MAB/QD-, Dessultor MAB/MACC.

Used Wizard’s Roll and Allie’s Roll.

Fire Shot > Wildfire > Wildfire > Darkness > Dead.

Generally got 5-6 per brew. Could have maybe eeked out one or two more if pops were available, but the list of people I had whose time I could kill was limited.

Get to do it all over here before too awful long for my own shield. Oi.

Edit: Though at this point, w/ level 99 and gear, probably won't brew nearly as many now. So much raw damage, can probably just kill it outright really quick without wasting the cruor.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-16 07:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Brevalaerr said: »
Ok i have recentley lvled cor and have got me a bedlam+2 so i can brew Azdaja for my empy shield and i have a few questions:
1)what gear should i be wearing (i dont want to pimp out my cor just be able to get the job done)
2) what atma's should i be useing?

ive serched the forums and cant seem to find any definatle answers so all the help i can get will be apreciated much thanks guys

You can /RDM for MABII and drag another friend /SCH to firestorm you(I assume you have many ppl holding KI since you brewing with WF), choose to brew on firesday too that would increase your dmg. Also Karin Obi + Zodiac ring on firesday/firestorm is pretty good.

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Brew set is different from normal ws set. You want to focus on fire affinity and ws damage. Therefore smoldering sky, lone wolf and griffon's claw should be the best combo for atma. Vulcan staff as obvious weapon, also ws dmg Anwig Salade if you have it. The rest doesn't really matter much since stats autocap on a brew.

From what I've heard MAB isn't capped, so you'd want to equip as many MAB gear you have as possible.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-16 07:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The rest doesn't really matter much since stats autocap on a brew.

When I looked into it at the time the concensus was that stats cap with brew, MAB does not.

I'm not sure that's 100% accurate, but that's what I recal seeing at the time.

Edit: beaten to it. But I bet him to things too! It's a Draw! (Hah!)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-16 07:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the Firesday/Scholar stuff...I must be the only person who doesn't piss with that. I can't find peope who consistently will cater to me for that stuff and I don't use spellcast, so half the time I forget to change macros anyhow.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-16 07:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be strongest WF brew set atm I believe, with someone firestorm you. MAB augment on rings/legs, and Artemis' during fullmoon.

Edit: And Athos gloves on earth/darksday.
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-02-16 10:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Brevalaerr said: »

Ive done as many as 5 in one brew a few times (with me also popping them all) i think ive done a few 6's pushing it but if you do less than 3 something is wrong. (as you will 2-3 shot each win)

i also remember twice trying to AOE brew 3 at a time and AE totally ignored 2 of them and just killed one , no idea why all were right on me.

GL
By Vudoku 2012-02-16 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

JOB: THF/NIN
WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON)
GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum,
Cavaros Mantle
ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR
Blade To = one shot and I have seen 14 killed with one brew. Some of the gear may have changed, though not that it matters when your doing over 100k damage.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-16 11:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

why RR wouldnt a third MAB atma be more beneficial like Ultimate.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-02-16 11:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Stack MAB everywhere you can with the exception of Vulcan's Staff, Karin Obi, Anwig Salade and Athos's gloves (earth/darksday only). I haven't ran the numbers, but a sea gorget may increase the damage more than a Stoicheion.

2. Griffon Claw, Smoldering Sky, Lone Wolf

3. I typically kill around 12 with each brew.

Use Wizard's and Allies' rolls, subjob should be rdm, and make sure someone is /sch to Firestorm you. Get a Doom Screen, Terror Screen, and Ascetic's.

A thf can pull it off whoever pops it and run it back to the flux where you will be locked on. When the first one comes, use the Ascetic's, Petrify Screen, Doom Screen, then the brew. When your screens wear off, you will have roughly one minute left on the brew. Sit right next to or behind the flux and engage Azdaja when it's roughly 20 yalms in front of you. Wildfire twice for the kill. Fire Shot wastes brew time and two Wildfires will kill it. Immediately lock on the flux after you kill it.

Having someone outside the alliance who can cure you can save a lot of brew time because Cyclone Wing can put you to sleep. A stun after your first Wildfire can be helpful as well.
 Fenrir.Kut
Server: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-02-16 11:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

why RR wouldnt a third MAB atma be more beneficial like Ultimate.

Because :To is part physical and magical, it can be stacked with Sneak Attack which is why he's suggesting RR
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-16 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, but you wouldnt be able to sneak attack every time due to brew lock.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-16 11:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Vudoku said: »
JOB: THF/NIN WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON) GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum, Cavaros Mantle ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR Blade To = one shot and I have seen 14 killed with one brew. Some of the gear may have changed, though not that it matters when your doing over 100k damage.

Pretty sure he asked about doing it with Wildfire.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-16 11:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Vudoku said: »
JOB: THF/NIN WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON) GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum, Cavaros Mantle ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR Blade To = one shot and I have seen 14 killed with one brew. Some of the gear may have changed, though not that it matters when your doing over 100k damage.

Pretty sure he asked about doing it with Wildfire.

You can't expect someone to read the OP!
Or the title!
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-16 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always used blade: to with RR, Beyond and Apoc from Personal experience.
Although, due to the physical/magical nature of this ws you may be better off dropping RR for something else with Double/triple attack because of it's extremely low http://fTP.

Edit: I know it's a wildfire thread but that's my 2 pence on the ninja comments.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-16 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It was going derail sooner or later lol
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 12:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The question has already been answered multiple times and letting someone know that there is a possible better/more efficient job at brewing a NM is also helpful. because who doesnt have multiple jobs at 99 right now.

i'd appreciate someone saying that X job can do something better than the job i asked for, whether or not i had the gear for it.

also i think another reason why he insisted on Thf/nin is for the TH. but hopefully you can get a thf to pop for you and whack a nm

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Brevalaerr
user: Brevalaer
By Ragnarok.Brevalaerr 2012-02-16 15:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankyou for all your info guys hopefully it will help me get my shield done asap,
thanks all who put in the time to answer my question im forever grateful^^
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-16 15:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This, how do you kill 14 azdaja with SA blade:To? assuming it can still 1shot it without SA?
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-02-16 15:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hanabira said: »

This, how do you kill 14 azdaja with SA blade:To? assuming it can still 1shot it without SA?

Your SA recast timer still goes down while you're locked on the flux.

Post deleted by User.
By Vudoku 2012-02-16 17:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylow don't patronize me, I was offering a VERY simple and WAY WAY more efficient way to complete horns. I do not understand nor will I ever understand why people talk out of hand about someone, when all that person is doing is offering help.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-02-16 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Vudoku said:
WAY WAY more efficient way to complete horns

A ninja and ranger would very likely use the same amount of brews to complete all 75, and that's if the ninja can effectively SA>WS and lock everytime without wasting time. It's very easy to lock after using Wildfire. I wouldn't exactly say it's a way way more efficient way.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2