Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Recycle
Recycle
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2012-02-14 20:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I really apologize if this is somewhere else and I'm just missing it but I feel it necessary to ask.

Does recycle get calculated when you hit /ra (thus precast) or at time of shot?

Finally got around to making a spellcast for rng today and I'm not sure if its worth pulling out recycle gear and setting it as part of snapshot gear or just leaving it in storage and ignoring it altogether.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-14 20:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, it should happen right before the /ra launched, rolling the dice before that is an unnecessary task. Hence, you should swap it in midcast gear. The only relevant recycle gear now are Sct. Beret +2 and Libeccio Mantle for Barrage.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-14 20:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with VZX on the gear. I wouldn't use entois trousers for ending your shots. The enhance recycle effect seems pretty low (and there's tons of good RNG legs).

I have personally tested recycle and the "proc-time" is at the moment when the shot actually fires. I use sylvan hat (pre-shot) and swap to the beret.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2012-02-14 21:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmk that's exactly what I was wondering. Thanks guys~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-10 16:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

necrobump-

So am I understanding this correctly, that recycle is essentially used as a midcast benefit on barrage? I'm a bit confused then. Terebellum Mantle just doesn't seem that overwhelming of a piece (yes I know, 20 ratk is very good, don't get me wrong I'm not an idiot), but the racc on Libeccio mantle seems like it should open a lot of other options gear slot wise.

As I have no melee spellcasts the concept of midcast in melee attacks is very foreign to me, so I'm trying to wrap my head around why you can't use a recycle build midcast to get those same benefits in a TP set then. Can someone walk me through shortbus/mage style in this regard?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-10 23:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Recycle is most likely proc'd before the shot, just like haste/enmity/racc/ratk/dmg/store tp gear.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-05-10 23:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
necrobump-

So am I understanding this correctly, that recycle is essentially used as a midcast benefit on barrage? I'm a bit confused then. Terebellum Mantle just doesn't seem that overwhelming of a piece (yes I know, 20 ratk is very good, don't get me wrong I'm not an idiot), but the racc on Libeccio mantle seems like it should open a lot of other options gear slot wise.

As I have no melee spellcasts the concept of midcast in melee attacks is very foreign to me, so I'm trying to wrap my head around why you can't use a recycle build midcast to get those same benefits in a TP set then. Can someone walk me through shortbus/mage style in this regard?

I'm not really understanding your question. Recycle gear needs to be midcast or it will have no effect on your shots. The beret for instance, needs to be midcast, such that you can use sylvan head for precast.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-11 00:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are confused on the meaning of "midcast" in terms of a ranged attack, it means the period of time after you have taken the weapon out, but before the shot has gone off. In other words, the gear needs to be on when the shot is fired.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-05-11 00:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of this. Are people TPing in Libeccio Mantle with AF2+2 beret or should I be using Terebellum/Sylvan?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-11 01:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage wise, I think Scout's Beret +2 and Sylvan Gapette's +2 are pretty close. I would use Scout's Beret +2 for midcast personally.

And back piece, I use Sylvan because on top of STP+, it has 2 more enmity-, which I think is more essential than slight damage boost, if any, from Terebellum.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-11 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess the real question I was asking was sylvan+2 vs. scout's+2 vs. other head options (thinking Thaumas as a goal down the road....gotta level sch as a relevant job for neo-nyzul) for TP phase.

Knew that midcast was the gear that determines your damage (dear god I hope I'm right as that's the case in terms of mage rules and I can't imagine its different for melees), while the precast gear is what determines the "rules" of the attack (thinking again of how the mage world works, fastcast,etc).

Bear with me, I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind Recycle to get the most benefit out of gearing for and meriting it.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-11 14:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
And back piece, I use Sylvan because on top of STP+, it has 2 more enmity-, which I think is more essential than slight damage boost, if any, from Terebellum.

Isn't using libeccio better for the scout beret augment? Or is recycle rate capped from merits + hat. Just wondering
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-11 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One saves you money, one gives you more stp/less enmity. I'm not sure how people translate one quality to the other. I just don't want to get frivolous to the smallest detail like that.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-11 22:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So the extra tp from recycle augment on relic head has no factor at all? That's what I was getting at with libeccio.

+5 recycle (5% or 10% I don't know) for extra 5 tp on that shot vs. +5 stp
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-11 23:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I see what you're getting. Getting more recycle proc in order to get augmented 5TP per shot.
Hmm... well, honestly I wouldn't know. Given the Regain effects you would have, I'm not sure whether the concept store tp or something similar will do something now.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-05-11 23:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use libeccio personally. It's a sacrifice of -10 ranged attack relative to terebellum, for a slightly higher chance at getting +5 tp. Seems like a worthy sacrifice to me, and the accuracy can be quite useful on stuff like provenance watcher.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Yeah I guess the real question I was asking was sylvan+2 vs. scout's+2 vs. other head options (thinking Thaumas as a goal down the road....gotta level sch as a relevant job for neo-nyzul) for TP phase.

Knew that midcast was the gear that determines your damage (dear god I hope I'm right as that's the case in terms of mage rules and I can't imagine its different for melees), while the precast gear is what determines the "rules" of the attack (thinking again of how the mage world works, fastcast,etc).

Bear with me, I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind Recycle to get the most benefit out of gearing for and meriting it.

Sylvan is the best precast head, then you can swap to beret for midcast. Beret is useless if you don't gear the rest of your tp gear around it though, i.e. if you already have a x-hit build, then the extra tp from the beret really isn't doing anything.

Maybe this will help: snapshot is precast (like fast cast); recycle, ranged accuracy, ranged attack, store tp, stats, empyrean proc, etc., is midcast.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-05-12 00:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Maybe this will help: snapshot is precast (like fast cast); recycle, ranged accuracy, ranged attack, store tp, stats, empyrean proc, etc., is midcast.

shouldn't empyrean proc be in precast as well, since Rapid Shot triggers it? once you are past the point of Rapid Shot activating (start of aiming delay), the emp set bouns is useless, and can be swapped out
 Ragnarok.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2012-05-12 18:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Every1 here has snapshot and recycle 5/5 I assume then?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-12 20:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

will be redoing tier 2 for full recycle as soon as I finish meriting last stand. At the moment meriting or paying for a cleave isn't high on my list but yeah, 5/5 snapshot, and 1/5 recycle, with the plan 5/5 of course. Did 2 in lolflashyshot originally.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-05-13 04:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
Every1 here has snapshot and recycle 5/5 I assume then?

Snapshot 5/5 is a give me.

And the recycle augment on the scout's beret +2 is really hard to pass up.
[+]