Leviathan.Duzell said: »
Fine serious question, ignoring TP feed, which do you prefer:
/nin
Almace+Mandau
Mandau+Gnadgott

/rng
KC+Failnaught+Antlion Arrow

/NIN Excal/Mandau duh!

Back before they nerfed the offhand attack from relics and mythics I would actually have to agree with you that it's a sick combo
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-02-11 01:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OP has 1337 posts. Was probably attempting some trolling to bump him/her onto that mark.

Also, yeah, PUP thread and this completely contradictory. Also keeps bringing up the "ppl keep saying I can't post this in a public forum!" even though nobody's really saying that.

Bad bait. Otherwise OP is a dumbass, either way is funny.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-02-11 01:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, TP as a monster mechanic is really stupid. It wasn't well thought through at all.

If there wasn't TP for monsters and RDM was given a trait like "AoE damage not targeted on you does a lot less damage" then people wouldn't care if RDM melee. As long as they could keep up all of the other stuff they do, no one would care.

Sorry for a real post in a silly thread :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-11 01:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said: »
Honestly, TP as a monster mechanic is really stupid. It wasn't well thought through at all.

If there wasn't TP for monsters and RDM was given a trait like "AoE damage not targeted on you does a lot less damage" then people wouldn't care if RDM melee. As long as they could keep up all of the other stuff they do, no one would care.

There would still be a problem <_< they'd be subject to mobs AoEs which would deplete their MP faster dealing with themselves because they wanted to be stupid, AND, constant switching of staves would destroy any minor TP they gained since the last...

I'm pretty much career RDM, I was RDM on my first char, then after I quit and came back I was RDM on this char, both 70+ I knew my place and accepted it.. If you want to melee so bad, then level a job where your meleeing would actually be beneficial.

That's IMO anyways.
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-02-11 01:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw rdm and melee next to eachother and had to check.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2012-02-11 01:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll join joo
By DuzellLevi 2012-02-11 02:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said: »

There was a time when TP didnt matter, it was called Enshave, equipping 2 damage 1 daggers that would hit for 0 and give no TP, and have all damage be from enspell, guess what, you still werent allowed to melee anything with an AoE.