users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Question about gear
Question about gear
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-02-05 10:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I read that snapshot counts only as you draw the weapon and you can swap your gear before the shot goes off. I realize that I have a few snapshot pieces and rapid shot (which I assume works the same) and was wondering which do you think would be the best.

Back: AF3
Belt: Impulse Belt
Legs: AF3 +2
Body: Ebon Jerkin (Made my ACP body with MAB+4 and QD recast -5)

Now he's where I get confused. What would be better for head? AF3 +2 with rapid shot +10 or Aurore beret.

Also Relic +1 hands (working on +2) or Alruna's gloves.

Another question would be on QD. I use the AF3+2 feet, ACP Body (MAB+4 QD-5), and Schutzen Mittens. Should I use the AF3+2 head and legs for 3/5 set bonus or AF+1 head and Denali legs for the extra MAB, MAC, and AGI?

For the remaining spots would it be better to QD in MAB gear or Store TP gear? It's been a long time since doing QD on anything significant.

Thanks in advance!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-05 16:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapid shot is a chance at insta-shooting, snapshot is haste.

I use augmented skopos jerkin for body. As for head I prefer using aurore beret for a fixed snapshot and then swap to navarch's, which can still proc speeding up the shooting anyway.
I don't know the snap difference between various pieces so dunno about hands.

As for QD, no. Use Corsair's tricorne or augmented mask with QD recast for head and some kind of mab pants for legs. Schutzen are also situational tbh and could be swapped for empy hands. Though we may need them more in the future as we lose save tp. For the rest use mab.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-02-05 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone test out the new AF2+2 feet for cor yet?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-05 17:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
Anyone test out the new AF2+2 feet for cor yet?

For 2hr augment? According to info on BG/JPs, it reroll if it's on No.1~2, that means less chance to roll 1 and 2 with 2hr.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [88 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-05-03 09:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump! Relevant thread; new question so didn't want to start a new one. All the "cor gun" searched threads seem to be older than Armageddon has been around.

I know Arma is the gun to get, but until then is there a preferred drop or AH gun to use? Working on smn staves atm for Magian so a MAB gun would be a bit till I could get to it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-04 02:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh mab gun takes only few hours to make, ice weapons are the silliest since you can do pretty much everything in Uleguerand Range. Tp bonus for Last Stand is pretty good too.

Aside from those...Opprimo+1 seems the best auction house gun, there really isn't much to chose from there.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-04 03:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

would mab gun really be a good choice at all now with last stand?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-04 03:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational at best actually. If I were to suggest a magian trial that isn't Arma I'd pick Tp bonus. But anyway don't make the fact that it's an empyrean scare you, Carabosse and Cirein-Croin take very little effort.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-05-04 09:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks much, was just curious. Started Carabosse last night off random pops friends got in xp party and one I had sitting around. If I'm gonna do a magian gun might as well do it right.